Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Betta splendens Fighting Fish Club! v4, Beauty in Ferocity!

views

kazukimy
post Jul 13 2020, 10:55 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

Hi, does anyone know where i can get Java Moss for my Betta?

been looking for it at Pets Wonderland, Midvalley (only 1 growing on wood) and Pet Safari, MyTown (didnt even have any aquatic plant).

kazukimy
post Aug 3 2020, 12:15 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(moncada @ Jul 29 2020, 09:31 PM)
Find Aquarium shop nearby your place instead of those shops you listed. Try google Kedai Ikan or Aquarium, it will suggest the nearest for you. OR just Shopee (easiest).
Thanks for the suggestion, have drop the idea due to limitation of the tank size, going with just catappa leaves. Thanks.
kazukimy
post Sep 17 2020, 12:29 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(Arsenal21 @ Sep 16 2020, 03:18 PM)
makes me wanto buy a betta fish to keep as pet
Why not, just go ahead and keep them as pet, haha
kazukimy
post Sep 18 2020, 10:31 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(akarsan @ Sep 18 2020, 05:05 AM)
Heya guys,

Just a few quick things to ask. As my wife recently bought herself a dumbo Betta.

The betta is currently housed in a 1.2x litre tank, and has a dried daun ketapang in it. Would like to know if its OK to leave the leaf inside? As the leaf itself takes about quarter of the space +/-, the fish can still navigate around. Any disadvantages of leaving the leaf inside permanently? Or it should be removed after a certain period? Also she's currently feeding it with guppy food. It's that ok? Or should I go get food dedicated for betta

Also, if I have a community tank with a few different species of fish inside and adding the betta to it. Which will survive? (currently having guppy, dario, angel fish, molly, tetra and a Cory cat)

Appreciate your expert advice.
For the size of the tank, no comment, as many have suggested to have at least 2 - 3 gallons of tank for Betta with lots of plants. If can, just remove the catappa leaf and perhaps just buy the catappa leaf extract for the blackwater.

Erm...once you put your betta in the community tank, just observe him for around 2 hours to gauge whether he will attack other fish or not. As my dumbo betta, whack my neon tetra, and left 1 of my tetra living with 1 eye now...zzz

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1282sec    0.23    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:55 PM