Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to format HP pavilion g4

views

TSRazerSTFU
post Nov 24 2011, 06:38 PM, updated 13y ago

Getting Started
161 posts

Hi, Anyels can teach me how do I format my laptop version Hp pavilion g4.. Because my pc dun knw why suddenly jaming sometime when I turn on my pc also will get this problem I'm keep turn off my pc straight away even playing game , watching movie & Fb also were get this problem.. So any idea? I never format pc before so I really need help~

This post has been edited by RazerSTFU: Nov 24 2011, 06:39 PM
Acid_RuleZz
post Nov 24 2011, 06:59 PM

ミウ ❤
6,610 posts

Did you create the recovery discs?
TSRazerSTFU
post Nov 24 2011, 07:10 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

Is it after created "Recovery (D:)" in my computer it will be like this?Attached Image After that inside have 4 things sch as PPs.tv , Recovery , Hp_WSD , HPSH_Rep Attached Image

This post has been edited by RazerSTFU: Nov 24 2011, 07:11 PM
Acid_RuleZz
post Nov 24 2011, 07:15 PM

ミウ ❤
6,610 posts

no.. type recovery media creation in the start menu and it will ask u to put in a blank dvd to create the recovery discs. usually will take 3-5 dvds.
IzeStorm
post Nov 24 2011, 07:15 PM

Casual
498 posts

What drive you want to format exactly?

If you want to format the system drive and reinstall Windows, get a Windows installation CD, boot into CD drive, select the partition you want to format (C: in this case), and click format.

Hope this help
Acid_RuleZz
post Nov 24 2011, 07:46 PM

ミウ ❤
6,610 posts

IF you already create the recovery discs you can just restore back your laptop to factory setting with window license intact complete with drivers. (and some bloatwares too)
TSRazerSTFU
post Nov 24 2011, 08:04 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

Added on November 24, 2011, 8:09 pm
QUOTE(IzeStorm @ Nov 24 2011, 07:15 PM)
What drive you want to format exactly?

If you want to format the system drive and reinstall Windows, get a Windows installation CD, boot into CD drive, select the partition you want to format (C: in this case), and click format.

Hope this help
I want to format the whole things like just bought a new laptop.. Some people say win7 pc format can't be able to use at laptop that is different.

Added on November 24, 2011, 8:10 pm
QUOTE(Acid_RuleZz @ Nov 24 2011, 07:15 PM)
no.. type recovery media creation in the start menu and it will ask u to put in a blank dvd to create the recovery discs. usually will take 3-5 dvds.
They have 3 choices of create recovery media 1.USB fresh driver 2.DVD(3discs required) 3. DVDDL (2disc required) Which 1 I have 2 chooses? Isit without ady cd of window 7 or anyother..?

This post has been edited by RazerSTFU: Nov 24 2011, 08:16 PM
IzeStorm
post Nov 24 2011, 10:46 PM

Casual
498 posts

QUOTE(RazerSTFU @ Nov 24 2011, 08:04 PM)

Added on November 24, 2011, 8:09 pm

I want to format the whole things like just bought a new laptop.. Some people say win7 pc format can't be able to use at laptop that is different.
doh.gif Duh, a laptop = A small computer with all component cramped inside + a battery. Don't listen to them, there is no such thing as cannot format a laptop using a Windows disk (unless your laptop didn't come with a CD/DVD drive). Basically format is erasing all data on a storage device. A laptop has a hard disk right?

FYI, if you mean just to format the entire drive, the drive will be left without any data after you format (unless you specify a specific partition, for example C: drive only) If you want it to be like a new laptop, you need to install an OS after you format your drive.

You can also use a linux CD to format a drive too.
TSRazerSTFU
post Nov 24 2011, 11:15 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

QUOTE(IzeStorm @ Nov 24 2011, 10:46 PM)
doh.gif Duh, a laptop = A small computer with all component cramped inside + a battery. Don't listen to them, there is no such thing as cannot format a laptop using a Windows disk (unless your laptop didn't come with a CD/DVD drive). Basically format is erasing all data on a storage device. A laptop has a hard disk right?

FYI, if you mean just to format the entire drive, the drive will be left without any data after you format (unless you specify a specific partition, for example C: drive only) If you want it to be like a new laptop, you need to install an OS after you format your drive.

You can also use a linux CD to format a drive too.
Where can I get the OS / linux CD? I'm sry bcos this is my 1st time to format my laptop.. Some of I dun even understanding but I have to try~
whitewhite
post Nov 24 2011, 11:31 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(RazerSTFU @ Nov 24 2011, 06:38 PM)
Hi, Anyels can teach me how do I format my laptop version Hp pavilion g4.. Because my pc dun knw why suddenly jaming sometime when I turn on my pc also will get this problem I'm keep turn off my pc straight away even playing game , watching movie & Fb also were get this problem.. So any idea? I never format pc before so I really need help~
go to the start menu and find for HP recoovery click by follow the step enuf if yr HDD does not crash u can recovery without making recovery disc save yr time, or u can also follow the step below hope this help biggrin.gif

1. Reboot, and repeatedly press F10 at the HP logo until the recovery screen appears.
2. When the recovery screen appears, press "Next" and then "Yes" to perform a non-destructive recovery.
3. To perform a destructive recovery, click "Advanced" and then "Yes".
4. After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot.
TSRazerSTFU
post Nov 24 2011, 11:40 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

QUOTE(whitewhite @ Nov 24 2011, 11:31 PM)
go to the start menu and find for HP recoovery click by follow the step enuf if yr HDD does not crash u can recovery without making recovery disc save yr time, or u can also follow the step below hope this help  biggrin.gif

1. Reboot, and repeatedly press F10 at the HP logo until the recovery screen appears.
2. When the recovery screen appears, press "Next" and then "Yes" to perform a non-destructive recovery.
3. To perform a destructive recovery, click "Advanced" and then "Yes".
4. After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot.
Isit "Advanced recovery methods" ? Attached Image after that It will be like that Attached Image thn which 1 I have 2 choose?
whitewhite
post Nov 24 2011, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(RazerSTFU @ Nov 24 2011, 11:40 PM)
Isit "Advanced recovery methods" ? Attached Image after that It will be like that Attached Image thn which 1 I have 2 choose?
click on "return yr computer to factory condition" will recover yr laptop as new biggrin.gif
TSRazerSTFU
post Nov 24 2011, 11:46 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

QUOTE(whitewhite @ Nov 24 2011, 11:42 PM)
click on "return yr computer to factory condition" will recover yr laptop as new  biggrin.gif
That means I dun have to backup any file ? So after recover my window still is win7?
whitewhite
post Nov 24 2011, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(RazerSTFU @ Nov 24 2011, 11:46 PM)
That means I dun have to backup any file ? So after recover my window still is win7?
u have to backup yr important file in local disk C to an external HDD, that will replace yr current window with a fresh factory setting, means that if yr laptop come with window7, after the recovery yr window should be window7 too smile.gif
TSRazerSTFU
post Nov 24 2011, 11:55 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

QUOTE(whitewhite @ Nov 24 2011, 11:49 PM)
u have to backup yr important file in local disk C to an external HDD, that will replace yr current window with a fresh factory setting, means that if yr laptop come with window7, after the recovery yr window should be window7 too  smile.gif
Thanks for help smile.gif
whitewhite
post Nov 24 2011, 11:56 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(RazerSTFU @ Nov 24 2011, 11:55 PM)
Thanks for help  smile.gif
welcome~ tongue.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0240sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:45 PM