95 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> V4. Swiftlet Keeping Discussions, All About Swiftlet Keeping Industry

Rangnok
post Mar 1 2012, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Haha! suprisingly why no one talk about investing BH in thailand. Thailand full of island bird nest at east and west coast. Generally, harvest 3 times a year and its fully tenanted. Therefore, condition here is bird searching for home. Thailand law basically is, your land, your building, do whatever u want of course not illegal business. therefore, residential properties also can convert become offices and shops.

If anyone interested, i have few BHs and a few buildings (haven't convert yet) to let go too. Fly here to harvest and holiday too. what a nice planning.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
West Wing
post Mar 1 2012, 12:17 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(tuckfook @ Feb 29 2012, 01:43 PM)
As expected, China has put a ban on all forms of raw EBN.

China has not banned EBN in the processed( canned or bottled) form, which is probably good for the industry worldwide.

This opens the way for ISO certified EBN processing factories in this region to produce a variety of ready to consume EBN concoctions for the world's market.

Now is the time for Malaysia to be No.1 ?

So, forget about graded EBN and vastly different prices, forget about colour, forget about sizes, it's all the same EBN, as once prepared, you cannot tell the difference.
Are you sure that there are no more unprocessed nests in China if the Chinese put a total ban on the import of nests into China but I certainly douth so.

If the ban is for Malaysian nests, then why and if total ban, then how come there are still unprocessed nests selling in China and China does not have our type of nests but those feathered type which you pick up birdnest instead of feathers here. 90% feathers and 10% nests at the most.

Talking about grading, do you know that there are basically no buyers for corner nests as they have pushed the price of half cup so low that even the round ones are facing difficulties to sell. Corner ones, they dare not even quote you for fear that you will give them a nasty kick at their Ball for doing so.

Formally, AB meaning half cups/round cups or Half cups big and average size but now AB mean big white super plus big cup white only............they can be choosy as there aren't many buyers and many sellers are desperate wanting to sell.....willing to sell at buyer's price and also will choose good quality nests and forgo dirty and coloured ones. Like this, all owners will sooner or later becoming murderers of swiftlets in order to give buyers their request for white less feather nest.

Having said so, building big processing plants here are very good provided that the authorities allow competition and not monopoly in processing. Requiring so many approval that only the selected ones wil get the approval to process and with that, the power to control the price of EBN. As I did mentioned ones here, the owners make pennies but the middlemen make pounds....just like the farmers.
+Quote Post
tuckfook
post Mar 1 2012, 12:53 PM

Casual

WW, of course there are still tons of unprocessed EBN in China.

It is just that the Chinese Government has put a blanket ban on all raw EBN, even the returning tourist are not allowed to bring any in, whether from Malaysia, HK or anywhere else.

On the other hand, China will allow the importation of processed, ready to consume EBN products. Companies like Eu Yan Sang will benefit.
These products have to be certified by the exporting countries, which is standard practise for food items.

What I'm saying is that this will allow all certified manufacturers of foodstuffs in Malaysia to export ready prepared, ready to eat, EBN products. There are very many such companies in Malaysia with the proper certification.

With this in mind, it makes no difference whether the raw EBN is in whatever shape or size. There are machines capable of cleaning very dirty nests, though with greater loss, but in the finished product, ie the EBN concoction, the cleanliness, size or colour of the raw nest will be indistinguishable. So, all nests will be useable.

You may note that there are buyers for dirty nests at about $500/kg. with about 50% loss or sometimes more after cleaning, that will translate to about $1k + per kg of equivalent cleaner nests. There are already several manufacturers already making EBN concoction from these cheaper nests. Of course the cleaner the nest the less the loss in cleaning.

I would love to invest in Thailand, pretty ladies and lovely food but foreigners are not allowed to own land.

As for Cambodia, the risks are too high. I would have to join the local Mafia for protection and dodge the occasional bullet and landmine ; )
+Quote Post
West Wing
post Mar 1 2012, 02:25 PM

Regular

QUOTE(tuckfook @ Mar 1 2012, 12:53 PM)

It is just that the Chinese Government has put a blanket ban on all raw EBN, even the returning tourist are not allowed to bring any in, whether from Malaysia, HK or anywhere else.

You may note that there are buyers for dirty nests at about $500/kg. with about 50% loss or sometimes more after cleaning, that will translate to about $1k + per kg of equivalent cleaner nests. There are already several manufacturers already making EBN concoction from these cheaper nests. Of course the cleaner the nest the less the loss in cleaning.

Dear TF,

Agreed that there are tons of unprocessed EBN in China and even after months and years, there still be tons as the smuggled EBNs are still going on "under the blanket" so to say. And, we honest people shall be the losers as we are forced to sell low and the middlemen smuggle the EBN into China and there shall be unending supply of unprocessed EBN with the exception of Malaysian EBN selling directly to China..........where else, the rest of the world are doing the buz "under the blanket".

Even thought that I am a seller of EBN but I will too buy unprocessed dirty nests for RM500/kg and allow me to tell here that those so called big dirty nests are better than the small white nests as these nests don't melt easily while cooking unlike fresh white nests that will become liquid after awhile.

My friends in China once asked me why that their white nests suddenly disappear during cooking and I told them that not all the cases are fake nests but most probable could be young white nests which cannot stand the heating for too long. And these new white nests don't taste as good as old brown nests. Better keep the old nests and eat them yourself for health reason........these nests are the best, and remember, I never lie.

I wish to advice readers that do not have Birdhouse and want to buy nests for own consumption, do buy original brown nests as you can really taste the true aroma and pleasure of eating birdnests. Believe me and try out the original brown nests and infact the older the better and you shall experience the aroma of natural birdnest ( aroma of egg white) like you never before and will like it once you try it out. I only clean brownish nests to sell to friends and never the white ones which I sell to the buyers because many who take birdnests never understand that being white is inferior and not superior in quality. I dream of the day that the people will pay better price for brown nests instead of pure white which may even being bleached.

+Quote Post
tuckfook
post Mar 1 2012, 03:53 PM

Casual

QUOTE(West Wing @ Mar 1 2012, 02:25 PM)
snip

Even thought that I am a seller of EBN but I will too buy unprocessed dirty nests for RM500/kg and allow me to tell here that those so called  big dirty nests are better than the small white nests as these nests don't melt easily while cooking unlike fresh white nests that will become liquid after awhile.

My friends in China once asked me why that their white nests suddenly disappear during cooking and I told them that not all the cases are fake nests but most probable could be young white nests which cannot stand the heating for too long. And these new white nests don't taste as good as old brown nests. Better keep the old nests and eat them yourself for health reason........these nests are the best, and remember, I never lie.

snip
WW don't tell everyone the secrets ! I only eat the old nests as well. Like you said, taste better, does not melt and has texture. This is also why it is sought after in the processed EBN cubilose concoctions. If they use the white 'first time ' nests, the product will not have any texture nor taste as concentrated.

Soon the old nests will be much sought after and fetch a better price but right now the supply far outstrips the demand.

+Quote Post
West Wing
post Mar 1 2012, 08:38 PM

Regular

We always read that Malaysia is one of the only 2 of the South East Asia countries allowed to export EBN to China and the the other one is Singapore which isn't producing EBN at all so all the nests in China must be of ours or Singapore which isn't producing EBN. We must be very fortunate and should make billions even only handling EBN from neighbouring countries. But how come that we didn't get rich and worst, we are now helpless. Make me also wonder that only less than 20% nests in China were ours and so 80% must be smuggled into China and why when problem occurred, it was Malaysian Nests!!!!!!!!

Even before the bad incident, we should be very well off cos if someone did give me such monopoly to export to China, I should be a billionaire in less than a year.

I have been thinking and thinking but stupid me...still can't see why???????
+Quote Post
ChanK
post Mar 2 2012, 09:03 AM

Casual

hahahahaha.......

really.....hahhahahaha.....still old ginger more spicy.....

ai ya....buyers all go diving liao.....damn....

well....Yum!!!!!!....
+Quote Post
icecolddamncold
post Mar 2 2012, 11:03 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tuckfook @ Mar 1 2012, 12:53 PM)

On the other hand, China will allow the importation of processed, ready to consume EBN products.  Companies like Eu Yan Sang will benefit.
These products have to be certified by the exporting countries, which is standard practise for food items.

What I'm saying is that this will allow all certified manufacturers of foodstuffs in Malaysia to export ready prepared, ready to eat, EBN products. There are very many such companies in Malaysia with the proper certification.

With this in mind, it makes no difference whether the raw EBN is in whatever shape or size. There are machines capable of cleaning very dirty nests, though with greater loss, but in the finished product, ie the EBN concoction, the cleanliness, size or colour of the raw nest will be indistinguishable. So, all nests will be useable.

I would love to invest in Thailand, pretty ladies and lovely food but foreigners are not allowed to own land.

As for Cambodia, the risks are too high.  I would have to join the local Mafia for protection and dodge the occasional bullet and landmine ; )
Cambodia is not as bad as what u think now la lol especially the dodging of bullet and landmine sweat.gif dont need hire mafia... just partner and have some connection with some big shot general here would be more than sufficient brows.gif even the biggest mafia are afraid of the generals here...
+Quote Post
coolandy
post Mar 2 2012, 11:23 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(icecolddamncold @ Mar 2 2012, 11:03 AM)
Cambodia is not as bad as what u think now la lol especially the dodging of bullet and landmine sweat.gif dont need hire mafia... just partner and have some connection with some big shot general here would be more than sufficient brows.gif even the biggest mafia are afraid of the generals here...
When I visited Siem Reap, I saw swiftlets in some parts of town. It was very hot and Siem Reap is quite far up north, yet the birds are there.

Anyone from Siem Reap reading this?

+Quote Post
icecolddamncold
post Mar 2 2012, 12:17 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(coolandy @ Mar 2 2012, 11:23 AM)
When I visited Siem Reap, I saw swiftlets in some parts of town. It was very hot and Siem Reap is quite far up north, yet the birds are there.

lol yes i tried the duress sound test to lure the swiftlets when i was in angkor wat and within minutes i saw more than 20-30 flocking on top of me blush.gif

by the way siem reap is a very nice and peaceful place at least for us human to stay.. wonder whether will it be the same for birds hmm.gif
+Quote Post
aeiou228
post Mar 2 2012, 12:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!

I want to divert the focus of discussion a bit tongue.gif

BN prices so low, BH operating cost must cut down as well.

My swallow sound amp burned after 2.5 years in service. So I bought this small amp from Jalan Pasar for external sound.
Advantage of buying small amps for external sound are:

Cheap !! RM110 only.
light weight, small form factor and space saving.
2 channels. If you buy 3 units, then you got a high end system at RM330, capable of playing 3 diff sound simultaneously or at different timing, 6 individually controlled channels.
Sound quality as good as Swallow Sound.
Can buy few units to play diff sound from separate flash drive at different timing and different location. Also for standby unit.
Low wattage
If spoilt, no need repair, just buy a new one. rclxms.gif

user posted image
user posted image

+Quote Post
tomytan
post Mar 2 2012, 01:22 PM

QUOTE(West Wing @ Mar 1 2012, 03:25 PM)
Dear TF,

Agreed that there are tons of unprocessed EBN in China and even after months and years, there still be tons as the smuggled EBNs are still going on "under the blanket" so to say. And, we honest people shall be the losers as we are forced to sell low and the middlemen smuggle the EBN into China and there shall be unending supply of unprocessed EBN with the exception of Malaysian EBN selling directly to China..........where else, the rest of the world are doing the buz "under the blanket".

Even thought that I am a seller of EBN but I will too buy unprocessed dirty nests for RM500/kg and allow me to tell here that those so called  big dirty nests are better than the small white nests as these nests don't melt easily while cooking unlike fresh white nests that will become liquid after awhile.

I wish to advice readers that do not have Birdhouse and want to buy nests for own consumption, do buy original brown nests as you can really taste the true aroma and pleasure of eating birdnests. Believe me and try out the original brown nests and infact the older the better and you shall experience the aroma of natural birdnest ( aroma of egg white) like you never before and will like it once you try it out.  I only clean brownish nests to sell to friends and never the white ones which I sell to the buyers because many who take birdnests never understand that being white is inferior and not superior in quality. I dream of the day that the people will pay better price for brown nests instead of pure white which may even being bleached.
The Taikos from HK and Indon still control the bulk of the trade................we are just learning how to walk and want to ruffle their feathers...........no wonder their hidden hand is tripping us all over the place

+Quote Post
coolandy
post Mar 2 2012, 07:55 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(coolandy @ Mar 2 2012, 11:23 AM)

There is a place in Siem Reap where the birds make their home (in the ceiling) but I guess the owner of the building has no clue about it. Phew, if only he/she know about it.

+Quote Post
flodder
post Mar 2 2012, 08:33 PM

6 batang ab numb addicted with 6 bintang

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Mar 2 2012, 12:56 PM)
I want to divert the focus of discussion a bit  tongue.gif

BN prices so low, BH operating cost must cut down as well.

My swallow sound amp burned after 2.5 years in service. So I bought this small amp from Jalan Pasar for external sound.
Advantage of buying small amps for external sound are:

Cheap !! RM110 only.
light weight, small form factor and space saving.
2 channels. If you buy 3 units, then you got a high end system at RM330, capable of playing 3 diff sound simultaneously or at different timing, 6 individually controlled channels. 
Sound quality as good as Swallow Sound.
Can buy few units to play diff sound from separate flash drive at different timing and different location. Also for standby unit.     
Low wattage
If spoilt, no need repair, just buy a new one.  rclxms.gif
user posted image
user posted image
so worth only rm110 isn't it second hand? can't believe it was so nice and lucky you brough it thumbup.gif

anyway thumb up
+Quote Post
aeiou228
post Mar 3 2012, 10:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(flodder @ Mar 2 2012, 08:33 PM)
so worth only rm110 isn't it second hand? can't believe it was so nice and lucky you brough it  thumbup.gif

anyway thumb up
Why should i pay rm110 for second hand when I can buy brand new one ?
Rm100 to Rm150 can buy you a brand new small dual channel amp of various brands at jalan pasar. Warranty ranging from 3 months to 1 year.
+Quote Post
West Wing
post Mar 3 2012, 12:13 PM

Regular

Continue my story, the problem now maybe that the Godfathers of the the trade are telling we Malaysian to toe the line and that EBN Buz was their and will be their's for years to come.

They are not going to let a small country like Malaysia to spoil their Billions dollars trade just because we have the exclusive right.... the Govt. Depts won't either cos their main income will disappear with legalized nests.

So, even our govt. didn't really do much to help us and before we all go bankrupt, let us all allow the old way to remain and maybe, the price will go up due to the sympathy and token given by the big brothers. Their connection with the govt. departments are above us and we think that Malaysian Depts. are the only C govt. in the world. Infact, the whole world, countries are all Cs except in % only obviously with the lesson learn from chinese who invented the C.......and I am sure that Singapore will never take credit for this as they did with even Bak Kut Tea.... and Low San.

The Big guys allow us to process the nest for export as these aren't their cup of tea; the Big Brothers are only interested in unprocessed nest esp. big Super white nests which may fetch as high as RM30K in China so we shall let the old way be; no nest shall be exported to China legally.

Again, "Li tai So kon ku" only and in English is Lee talk Cock!!!

Added on March 3, 2012, 12:21 pm
QUOTE(icecolddamncold @ Mar 2 2012, 12:17 PM)
lol yes i tried the duress sound test to lure the swiftlets when i was in angkor wat and within minutes i saw more than 20-30 flocking on top of me blush.gif

by the way siem reap is a very nice and peaceful place at least for us human to stay.. wonder whether will it be the same for birds hmm.gif
Just a joke, never build one at Angkor Wat even if you are sure of 100% success cos the Cambodia General want 50% and the Thailand General take the other 50%; in the end, you get 100% SHIT!

This post has been edited by West Wing: Mar 3 2012, 12:21 PM
+Quote Post
chitchai
post Mar 3 2012, 03:56 PM

I like to share something further now that i'm back here reading about the current birdnest crisis.

1. 1st of all you think there is a 'conspiracy' going on? Meaning China will no longer allow us to export legally but instead letting through all these smugglings? And Chank (or kohloh?) said it's power play now in China to determine who will become the BN king? Is that what happening? sigh...

2. About the boiling & disappearing nest, I think real birdnest will eventually 100% dissolve away in the water if you boil too long. Faked nest, on the other hand, will never dissolve, no? This I learn from my Sifu, and that's what I tell people that, if u keep boiling them too long, all will dissolve away. The nutrition is still there in the soup, but you just can't see and feel the nest.

3. Cambodia now is like Thailand 15 years ago. I don't think you need to joint venture with a general. Just jv with any landlord will do, cause he will take care of his own property, the way you construct him to.

Do not invest in Thailand. I myself stop building bh already and I do not recommend any friend to do it here. I think we got more houses than birds already; all new bh here having a real bad start; only few manage to secure some tenants. I might be wrong though, and it all depends on area.

4. Lastly I really admire all your fighting spirit. I kinda quit this business already. Topped with the BN current crisis, you guys still talk about new venture elsewhere. Clap.Clap. For me, getting out of this hell crisis is THE ONLY thing I want of the bird farming business now.

5. Birds like hot and humid, not cold and dry. I don't think 35 degree *c will do them harm. Just my 2cents

Wait.. last thing, in Thailand you CAN own properties by registering a company with you being 49% shareholder and scatter the rest 51% to some Thais (with them signed a blank transfer of the shares back to you in case something happens). Then you appoint yourself a managing director and then buy the building in the company name. That should do it. I think it's similar in Cambodia.

Keep up the spirit all friends.
+Quote Post
ChanK
post Mar 5 2012, 09:36 AM

Casual

now hokkian king is westling with guanzhoulang...so, we are the victims....hai.....

after this finish, then it is our turn loh, bn westling with pkt...then after tht, officers wrestling each other .....then only we can have a chance to take a breath...only n only if we still alive lah...hahahaha....

at the meantimes, wah...still got mood to chat about birds ahh...really something...go buy more lands and build more farms, when the market go back up in 6 months times...u can sell it and make a profit...don't worry, new investors are crazy...let them see few birds then they will Wah!!!..wah!!!!...wah!!!!!!...got birds ohh!!!...buy lah!!!..

hahahaha....fun.fun.fun.

+Quote Post
icecolddamncold
post Mar 5 2012, 10:28 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(West Wing @ Mar 3 2012, 12:13 PM)
Continue my story, the problem now maybe that the Godfathers of the the trade are telling we Malaysian to toe the line and that EBN Buz was their and will be their's for years to come.

They are not going to let a small country like Malaysia to spoil their Billions dollars trade just because we have the exclusive right.... the Govt. Depts won't either cos their main income will disappear with legalized nests.

So, even our govt. didn't really do much to help us and before we all go bankrupt, let us all allow the old way to remain and maybe, the price will go up due to the sympathy and token given by the big brothers. Their connection with the govt. departments are above us and we think that Malaysian Depts. are the only C govt. in the world. Infact, the whole world, countries are all Cs except in % only obviously with the lesson learn from chinese who invented the C.......and I am sure that Singapore will never take credit for this as they did with even Bak Kut Tea.... and Low San.

The Big guys allow us to process the nest for export as these aren't their cup of tea; the Big Brothers are only interested in unprocessed nest esp. big Super white nests which may fetch as high as RM30K in  China so we shall let the old way be; no nest shall be exported to China legally.

Again, "Li tai So kon ku" only and in English is Lee talk Cock!!!

Added on March 3, 2012, 12:21 pm
Just a joke, never build one at Angkor Wat even if you are sure of 100% success cos the Cambodia General want 50% and the Thailand General take the other 50%; in the end, you get 100% SHIT!
is it really that freaking bad running BH here?? rclxub.gif any source to that fact?? notworthy.gif

+Quote Post
kohloh
post Mar 5 2012, 01:39 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ChanK @ Mar 5 2012, 09:36 AM)
now hokkian king is westling with guanzhoulang...so, we are the victims....hai.....

after this finish, then it is our turn loh, bn westling with pkt...then after tht, officers wrestling each other .....then only we can have a chance to take a breath...only n only if we still alive lah...hahahaha....

at the meantimes, wah...still got mood to chat about birds ahh...really something...go buy more lands and build more farms, when the market go back up in 6 months times...u can sell it and make a profit...don't worry, new investors are crazy...let them see few birds then they will Wah!!!..wah!!!!...wah!!!!!!...got birds ohh!!!...buy lah!!!..

hahahaha....fun.fun.fun.
Haiiiiii,,,,,,,,,

http://www.yangtse.com/system/2012/03/05/012852843.shtml

rclxub.gif

i think indonesia will lead the front line but if they did them boleh land hav nothing more left as many we cant complete wit indoneisa cheap tis &tat,,,
they say if not this month will be nex month e signing will be done,,,,,

This post has been edited by kohloh: Mar 5 2012, 04:39 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

95 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0877sec    2.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled