Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Table Tennis/Ping Pong V2

views

tsd
post May 24 2019, 06:50 PM

49 posts

wow, that sounds great for PF4, maybe they have new formula in it. Before you go further hunting for the DHS 032 bat, check if he speed glue or boost his PF4, cos what you mention does not sound like a typical sticky chinese rubber. Old ppl ( during that era ) are addicted to speed glue. Dead sticky chinese rubber normally will look like those ladies with heavy makeup on their face, even after you clean the rubber with water that texture will return.

QUOTE(ccf1162 @ May 23 2019, 10:51 AM)
O ,well. I managed tried it out yesterday after long begging and bargaining with one of the old ppl in my training place to bring out his precious DHS 032 + PF4 single sided penhold. Damn the bat is so heavy for single sided penhold weighted I think it's about 150g. Just like the old ppl said fast loop and sidespin loop are so powerful and the speed and spin. Wow , it's just like a whole new world . Even short cut or chop ?[ I don't know what's the technical term for chop at inside table] barely any rubber can compete with PF4. Smashes is terrifying people that everyone is my place start questioning their expensive blade and rubber compare to the old ppl's old 032 that looked like a cheap blade that nobody want to buy. And for 032 it's hard to describe, probably its consist of basswood which provide outstanding control and meranti provide strength and power which makes it like an allround blade suitable lp chopping and sp and smooth. Only cons it's damn heavy. Guess I need to beg that old ppl to lend me his yasaka mark V + stiga ac.
tsd
post May 24 2019, 07:01 PM

49 posts

so you have the solution already, just make him go further away from the table. Rubber with little grip are very hard to play away from table. These anti spin players will try to stay near the table with their anti spin. You can lure them away by giving him ball at his comfort zone with a deep light top spin ( normally his forehand and normally they wont mind moving a little bit back but be prepared for a smash from him of your ball goes too high ), then you send a long left high ball, from there he should be further away from the table. After that dont let him come near smile.gif

QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ May 24 2019, 08:22 AM)
You guys gotta remember that there's no one only way to play table tennis. I've played against some state players that used dead Chinese rubber. One of the hardest players I've ever played against honestly as receiving serves was a breeze to him. Something like an anti spin rubber honestly.

And yes, in theory, those kind of rubbers aren't very suitable for away from the table loops but how many people are at the level where they can consistently loop at that level? I can very well imagine someone winning the point before it reaches to that extent.
This post has been edited by tsd: May 24 2019, 07:02 PM
ccf1162
post May 24 2019, 07:46 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(tsd @ May 24 2019, 06:50 PM)
wow, that sounds great for PF4, maybe they have new formula in it. Before you go further hunting for the DHS 032 bat, check if he speed glue or boost his PF4, cos what you mention does not sound like a typical sticky chinese rubber. Old ppl ( during that era ) are addicted to speed glue. Dead sticky chinese rubber normally will look like those ladies with heavy makeup on their face, even after you clean the rubber with water that texture will return.
No , I think because he didn't use it for long time just glue it every two months so I think it didn't have any boosting because even it had the effect had gone. This is a weird rubber because the highest velocity that the rubber can produce on the ball is by sidespin loop. This rubber is dirt cheap and powerful however it really need to really perfect loop drive and most importantly is it's damn heavy not recommend u guys if u stick it on a heavy blade. Actually I might try other blade with similar structure to 04 such as 729 V2 , BTY Renato. Actually yinhe n9 also quite good just inside table control a little bit weak due to its koto surface and smashing because it too easily reach its limits. But I'll check with the old guy whether he got boost it or not.
ccf1162
post May 24 2019, 08:11 PM

18 posts

I asked the old ppl ,he say if you glue it with speed you will have bigger problem on the rubber and indirectly shorten its lifespan because it's sponge is not designed to speed glue it due to Chinese player don't speed glue in1980s.
Basically using PF4, if you generated more spin, the ball will be faster and the arc lower so just concentrate on producing spin and not focus on hit it to make it faster. One cons is DHS has bad quality control because the old ppl showed me two same rubber bought at same time , one of them it pips align straight and the other had a horizontal arrangement. However the original design of this rubber pips is horizontal arrangement

This post has been edited by ccf1162: May 24 2019, 08:16 PM
tsd
post May 24 2019, 09:45 PM

49 posts

looks like you like this rubber alot, just go for it smile.gif besides you got this nice old guy with you. Last time when I was young, I also have old ppl playing table tennis with me. Your old guy seems very observant with his rubber, I have to admit... I never check my rubber pips, I dont even know what pattern my H3 rubber pips

QUOTE(ccf1162 @ May 24 2019, 08:11 PM)
I asked the old ppl ,he say if you glue it with speed you will have bigger problem on the rubber and indirectly shorten its lifespan because it's sponge is not designed to speed glue it due to Chinese player don't speed glue in1980s.
Basically using PF4, if you generated more spin, the ball will be faster and the arc lower so just concentrate on producing spin and not focus on hit it to make it faster. One cons is DHS has bad quality control because the old ppl showed me two same rubber bought at same time , one of them it pips align straight and the other had a horizontal arrangement. However the original design of this rubber pips is horizontal arrangement
ccf1162
post May 24 2019, 11:13 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(tsd @ May 24 2019, 09:45 PM)
looks like you like this rubber alot, just go for it smile.gif besides you got this nice old guy with you. Last time when I was young, I also have old ppl playing table tennis with me. Your old guy seems very observant with his rubber, I have to admit... I never check my rubber pips, I dont even know what pattern my H3 rubber pips
H3 should be not bad but I never used it before. Just too much counterfeit H3 in market so be careful. Yeah, I'll buy one PF4 and glue on the backhand side of my penhold to act as a weight.
DragonTodak P
post May 25 2019, 10:24 PM

Probation
0 posts

Hello guys. I am new here. Recently my friends and I recently opened a Table Tennis Club in Keramat AU3, Ampang and registeted it under Registrar of Sport Malysia. It is known as KELAB PING PONG KERAMAT HULI KELANG (KPPKHK). You may googgle search fot more info. We now have 4 tables and playing hours are 9pm-12am every evening. Those who want to join, you may contact me. Registration RM10/year. Mrmbership Fee Rm10/month, walk in fee RM2/entry. My Blog: https://kppkhk.blogspot.com. All Malaysians are welcome, Malay, Chinese, Indian. My hp: 012 2934694. Pls Whatsapp.
DragonTodak P
post May 25 2019, 10:36 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(DragonTodak @ May 25 2019, 10:24 PM)
Hello guys. I am new here. Recently my friends and I recently opened a Table Tennis Club in Keramat AU3, Ampang and registeted it under Registrar of Sport Malysia. It is known as KELAB PING PONG KERAMAT HULI KELANG (KPPKHK). You may googgle search fot more info.  We now have 4 tables and playing hours are 9pm-12am every evening. Those who want to join,  you may contact me. Registration RM10/year. Mrmbership Fee Rm10/month, walk in fee RM2/entry. My Blog: https://kppkhk.blogspot.com. All Malaysians are welcome, Malay, Chinese, Indian. My hp: 012 2934694. Pls Whatsapp.
Correction: Kelab Ping Pong Keramat Hulu Kelang (KPPKHK).
Come join us. We are friendly and easy going. Some are good, some are beginners.
DragonTodak P
post May 25 2019, 10:44 PM

Probation
0 posts

Hello guys. I am new here. Recently my friends and I recently opened a Table Tennis Club in Keramat AU3, Ampang and registeted it under Registrar of Sport Malysia. It is known as KELAB PING PONG KERAMAT HULU KELANG (KPPKHK). You may googgle search fot more info. We now have 4 tables and playing hours are 9pm-12am every evening. Those who want to join, you may contact me. Registration RM10/year. Mrmbership Fee Rm10/month, walk in fee RM2/entry. My Blog: https://kppkhk.blogspot.com. All Malaysians are welcome, Malay, Chinese, Indian. My hp: 012 2934694. Pls Whatsapp.
tsd
post May 28 2019, 10:05 AM

49 posts

Congratulations of your new club. Remember to come back here to post your events, just in case some members here wants to join your events.

QUOTE(DragonTodak @ May 25 2019, 10:24 PM)
Hello guys. I am new here. Recently my friends and I recently opened a Table Tennis Club in Keramat AU3, Ampang and registeted it under Registrar of Sport Malysia. It is known as KELAB PING PONG KERAMAT HULI KELANG (KPPKHK). You may googgle search fot more info.  We now have 4 tables and playing hours are 9pm-12am every evening. Those who want to join,  you may contact me. Registration RM10/year. Mrmbership Fee Rm10/month, walk in fee RM2/entry. My Blog: https://kppkhk.blogspot.com. All Malaysians are welcome, Malay, Chinese, Indian. My hp: 012 2934694. Pls Whatsapp.
tsd
post Jun 4 2019, 09:54 AM

49 posts

since all of you sound so pro, I suggest all of you make yourself available in September 2019, LKS is going to organize a big table tennis tournament in USJ. All of you should join, otherwise all these talk is just empty talk. I will join, regardless of my health condition.

https://www.facebook.com/871242836305424/ph...?type=3&theater

tsd
post Jun 4 2019, 09:57 AM

49 posts

Should have some international players taking part, especially from our neighbouring country like Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand. Maybe you can experience some China grade players since Singapore always import players from there. So, this tournament should be quite interesting to take part. Last year he organize one, I did not join but I go there and watch, saw some players from Singapore and Taiwan.

QUOTE(tsd @ Jun 4 2019, 09:54 AM)
since all of you sound so pro, I suggest all of you make yourself available in September 2019, LKS is going to organize a big table tennis tournament in USJ. All of you should join, otherwise all these talk is just empty talk. I will join, regardless of my health condition.

https://www.facebook.com/871242836305424/ph...?type=3&theater
This post has been edited by tsd: Jun 4 2019, 10:00 AM
ccf1162
post Jun 5 2019, 11:50 AM

18 posts

Is this tournament held every year because I can't go this year as I'm preparing for SPM so next year will it be held again? Any charges? First heard about this tournament. However, I think I will be eliminated the first round because skill and fundamental cacat.
nvvbie123 P
post Jun 7 2019, 09:02 PM

Probation
15 posts

Hi guys,
I cant read all the post here, so sorry if the question is already asked before.

Is there any currently active table tennis club around wangsa maju / gombak?

That allows walk-in & can play with the players there, because my family member who wants to play doesnt have playmate.

I tried to message Dynamic Sports & Dkebun, but no reply yet. I heard Dynamic Sports at Sri Gombak already moved/closed, but not sure if it's true.
nvvbie123 P
post Jun 9 2019, 12:43 AM

Probation
15 posts

QUOTE(nvvbie123 @ Jun 7 2019, 09:02 PM)
Hi guys,
I cant read all the post here, so sorry if the question is already asked before.

Is there any currently active table tennis club around wangsa maju / gombak?

That allows walk-in & can play with the players there, because my family member who wants to play doesnt have playmate.

I tried to message Dynamic Sports & Dkebun, but no reply yet. I heard Dynamic Sports at Sri Gombak already moved/closed, but not sure if it's true.
Ok so far i found:
1) Dynamic Sports - Taman Samudera near Sri Gombak
2) Kelab Pingpong Keramat Hulu Kelang - AU3
3) Dkebun - batu caves

cede1975
post Jun 11 2019, 05:08 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(ccf1162 @ May 24 2019, 11:13 PM)
H3 should be not bad but I never used it before. Just too much counterfeit H3 in market so be careful. Yeah, I'll buy one PF4 and glue on the backhand side of my penhold to act as a weight.
You are using H3 with booster right? VOC glue.
ccf1162
post Jun 11 2019, 05:34 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(cede1975 @ Jun 11 2019, 05:08 PM)
You are using H3 with booster right? VOC glue.
I tried other ppl's H3 before but H3 need to boost frequently . However I hv long heard about many counterfeits exist on taobao or other china platforms. For me , I'm really lazy to glue frequently so H3 not my tea. What I can advice ppl who wanted to buy H3 is never buy or trust those say is national level rubber? In chinese is 國狂。
cede1975
post Jun 12 2019, 01:45 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(ccf1162 @ Jun 11 2019, 05:34 PM)
I tried other ppl's H3 before but H3 need to boost frequently . However I hv long heard about many counterfeits exist on taobao or other china platforms. For me , I'm really lazy to glue frequently so H3 not my tea. What I can advice ppl who wanted to buy H3 is never buy or trust those say is national level rubber? In chinese is 國狂。
if you are using H3, you must need to boost. If not the sponge is too hard to do anything.

provincial version is 省套,national version is 国套。

you can get non counterfeit from reputable merchant like tenryu.com. i am quite confident the owner of tenryu knows their stuff.
national H3 is priced over 300+. and heavy maintenance and compare to tenergy they dont last under 1 year. The VOC booster will accumulate until the sponge is either expand too thick too heavy or top layer start to peel.

At forum19 there are a few players using chinese rubber boosting.

anyway bty Sriver voc glue is the most economic way if you want to try. Japan top layer rubber is more reliable and long lasting.

My personal advice dont even try chinese rubber, unless you die die must use tacky rubber.

BTY Sriver+ Speedglue is a legendary setup you can try, japanese topsheet is more reliable and long lasting.

ccf1162
post Jun 12 2019, 05:47 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(cede1975 @ Jun 12 2019, 01:45 PM)
if you are using H3, you must need to boost. If not the sponge is too hard to do anything.

provincial version is 省套,national version is 国套。

you can get non counterfeit from reputable merchant like tenryu.com. i am quite confident the owner of tenryu knows their stuff.
national H3 is priced over 300+. and heavy maintenance and compare to tenergy they dont last under 1 year. The VOC booster will accumulate until the sponge is either expand too thick too heavy or top layer start to peel.

At forum19 there are a few players using chinese rubber boosting.

anyway bty Sriver voc glue is the most economic way if you want to try. Japan top layer rubber is more reliable and long lasting.

My personal advice dont even try chinese rubber, unless you die die must use tacky rubber.

BTY Sriver+ Speedglue is a legendary setup you can try, japanese topsheet is more reliable and long lasting.
Yeah ,BTY Sriver which is a good rubber before 40mm era and most common combination is any hinoki jpen + sriver. However ,sriver still perform well but can't compare to before 40mm era because BTY keep changing formula.Maybe bryce is a better substitution of sriver with hinoki jpen ,just maybe only,I can't say it confidently because never tried it before.
Actually there's impossible the national H3 matches what the market say that it's use by chinese national player. Truth is it's most likely a leftover from province level supplies. So dun get fool by sellers or even Dhs company. And I'm lazy to boost rubber every week so I don't use rubber that required boosting to get best performance.For chinese tacky rubber , u dun hv to try some expensive stuff when there are so many classic cheap chinese rubber like DHS pf4, globe 999, 729 FX. These are better than H3 when comes to price to value comparison and they are extremely durable .But one thing need to mention is these rubber os designed to match old chinese blade from 70s to 80s like dhs 032 so just be careful when u choose blade as their sponge not flexible and tgey are strictly designed to match chinese quick attack styles so they are less sensitive to spin and can easily loop any spin.But I barely touch smooth rubber so I don't really know any new rubber so for H3 I've been used for only 2 to3 times only

ccf1162
post Jun 12 2019, 05:50 PM

18 posts

Anyone going to T2 diamond on 18 to 21 july? I think I can't go because trial is on the end of july . Aiii, missed chance to watch world class players playing.

117 Pages « < 113 114 115 116 117 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th November 2020 - 04:24 AM