Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

120 Pages « < 91 92 93 94 95 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Table Tennis/Ping Pong V2

views

MyYLe
post Jan 31 2018, 04:31 PM

0 posts

Waiting for any friends that would like to play near Sri Serdang, UPM, Bukit Serdang area.

Thank you. biggrin.gif
Hansen HKS
post Feb 1 2018, 12:42 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(KTS @ Nov 6 2017, 11:13 PM)
Hi everyone,

Im selling Butterfly Tenergy 64 》red colour 2.1mm for rm 230 exluded postage. If any interested, you can pm to me. Tq
Picture bro..
full
post Feb 1 2018, 11:32 AM

Getting Started
262 posts

Hi, anyone at setapak area is free to play tt? Or anyone know where can I play around this area?

Thank you.

Regards,
full
luckyboyzz86
post Feb 21 2018, 09:22 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(full @ Feb 1 2018, 11:32 AM)
Hi, anyone at setapak area is free to play tt? Or anyone know where can I play around this area?

Thank you.
Regards,
full
today we got play. come Setapak Community hall behind RHB bank . just pmed your contact than i will wassap you.
CheaTeRz
post Mar 11 2018, 04:17 PM

They can't beat me so they call me Cheater. oh silly
1,400 posts

QUOTE(karwaidotnet @ Dec 22 2017, 11:14 AM)
Rovo app now support table tennis - it helps to conveniently search for table tennis player and set up a schedule...
Installed this apps, seems like they need more users to before it unlock the ability to find match or games in the area.

This could be useful tho as there are quick assessment to rate up your table tennis rating biggrin.gif

Attached Image
Find match feature need more player in the area before it is available.

Attached Image
Interesting quick assessment.

This post has been edited by CheaTeRz: Mar 11 2018, 04:21 PM
rogerlieu
post Apr 7 2018, 10:52 AM

0 posts

Attached Image

Nittaku Ludeack Power, Cpen, 2nd hand going for Rm 150.00 only.

7 ply wood, weight 95g...

interested please pm me ya... 012 - 201 7676 Roger

thanks...

This post has been edited by rogerlieu: Apr 7 2018, 11:08 AM
TSSteven_aka_G
post Apr 8 2018, 03:57 PM

On my way
519 posts

QUOTE(CheaTeRz @ Mar 11 2018, 04:17 PM)
Installed this apps, seems like they need more users to before it unlock the ability to find match or games in the area.

This could be useful tho as there are quick assessment to rate up your table tennis rating  biggrin.gif

Attached Image
Find match feature need more player in the area before it is available.

Attached Image
Interesting quick assessment.
Rovo’s rating should be taken with a pinch of salt as it is self rated. There’s too many players that uses that app that rated themselves inaccurately just because they’re better among their clique of friends.
iWeed
post Apr 13 2018, 11:05 AM

dont wanna go back to darkdays of mine
603 posts

hi, any tournament going on around kl?
Naskah
post Apr 25 2018, 03:55 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

hi guys im newbie, so i went to Lucky Sports Trading to survey a TT bat, but i found out the shop owner not so friendly, talk kind of langsi one. so i lost my interest. end up not buying a things.
darthsophia
post May 19 2018, 05:32 PM

1 posts

Hi looking for player around usj/subang jaya/damansara area.
Im an intermediate player

012-2148642
darthsophia
post May 19 2018, 05:34 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(K2002 @ Jul 5 2017, 01:31 PM)

Credit video created by James Chen.

In Forum 19 we have 9 tables in total. we have around 84 members and usually around 20% of attendance. sometimes around 15 to 20 people

Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
From 5pm ~ 9.00pm

can pm me if you interested.

But if you want specifically cheras / ampang area there

viva home have gold medal sports,
A-1-3A, Level 3, Menara Uncang Emas A, 85, Jalan Loke Yew, 55200, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Taman Miharja, 55200 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

table tennis trading at miharja.
1-1, 1st Floor, Jalan 3/93, Taman Miharja, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur, 55200, Kuala Lumpur, WP Kuala Lumpur, Taman Miharja, 55200 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hi im an intermediate player around subang jaya area. Would like to joing your gang smile.gif

imteng87
post Jun 11 2018, 02:04 PM

5 posts

Anyone play table tennis in SG? I'd like to join, please pm me. Thanks.
tsd
post Jun 23 2018, 10:45 PM

49 posts

you can go to da men shopping mall in USJ tomorrow ( 24/6/2018 ), there is a tournament going on there and I am sure u can meet lots of players there from your neighbourhood there. Or you can ask the organizer who opens a table tennis center in USJ
arrsoo
post Jul 3 2018, 05:34 PM

On my way
599 posts

hello everyone here, just want to find out if there is any shop selling mid size table tennis table in KL? Size must be around 2.5ft x 5ft or 3ft x 6ft will be perfect.
n8210
post Aug 5 2018, 03:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,659 posts

HI.. like some recommendation for kids. 11 year old, first year learning. So far improved a lot, can do multiple type of serving and with very good spin, smash, etc... so thinking of buying him a more serious bat. But for children, I really do not know what to get for them... lighter the better? and the rubber? or there must be some complete set from factory that is good enough for their 2nd stage practice. right now he is using a simple basic bat, cost around rm40, no brand... and he says it is heavy.
tsd
post Aug 10 2018, 10:33 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(n8210 @ Aug 5 2018, 03:32 PM)
HI.. like some recommendation for kids. 11 year old, first year learning. So far improved a lot, can do multiple type of serving and with very good spin, smash, etc... so thinking of buying him a more serious bat. But for children, I really do not know what to get for them... lighter the better? and the rubber? or there must be some complete set from factory that is good enough for their 2nd stage practice. right now he is using a simple basic bat, cost around rm40, no brand... and he says it is heavy.
What is the weight of his current bat ?

If you are thnking of a more than a "not a sport"/casual/hobby table tennis, you should not buy those table tennis bat with rubber ready attached. Buy those with wood and rubber seperate, you can get the shop to attach them for you, they have special glues for it. Those rubber can be replaced and the bat wood can last forever. I bought my bat in 1990 and I am still using it today ( just change rubber when they gone bad ).

Table tennis bat is a very personal thing, bring your kid to a table tennis shop... no need to buy first, let him see and feel the bats first. Dont feel intimidated by some of the bats there that cost over RM1K ( without any rubber on them ). There are alternatives ( China made clone ) to those bat at cheaper price smile.gif

Dont be confused between Clone and Fake. Fakes are those using the same brand, same look but internally with low grade or different material. Clones carries different brand, almost same look but internally with the same material.

For example, an original "Butterfly" brand bat uses Cypress wood (RM200) but Fake also "Butterfly" brand uses papan lapis from kilang Ah Chong (RM10). while a Clone "Clone Brand Name" also uses the same Cypress wood that real "Butterfly" brand uses (RM30). We can safely buy the RM30 "Clone Brand Name" bat instead of the RM200 "Butterfly" because they will play the same. Avoid the RM10 at all cost.

n8210
post Aug 10 2018, 02:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,659 posts

QUOTE(tsd @ Aug 10 2018, 10:33 AM)
What is the weight of his current bat ?

If you are thnking of a more than a "not a sport"/casual/hobby table tennis, you should not buy those table tennis bat with rubber ready attached. Buy those with wood and rubber seperate, you can get the shop to attach them for you, they have special glues for it. Those rubber can be replaced and the bat wood can last forever. I bought my bat in 1990 and I am still using it today ( just change rubber when they gone bad ).

Table tennis bat is a very personal thing, bring your kid to a table tennis shop... no need to buy first, let him see and feel the bats first. Dont feel intimidated by some of the bats there that cost over RM1K ( without any rubber on them ). There are alternatives ( China made clone ) to those bat at cheaper price smile.gif

Dont be confused between Clone and Fake. Fakes are those using the same brand, same look but internally with low grade or different material. Clones carries different brand, almost same look but internally with the same material.

For example, an original "Butterfly" brand bat uses Cypress wood (RM200) but Fake also "Butterfly" brand uses papan lapis from kilang Ah Chong (RM10). while a Clone "Clone Brand Name" also uses the same Cypress wood that real "Butterfly" brand uses (RM30). We can safely buy the RM30 "Clone Brand Name" bat instead of the RM200 "Butterfly" because they will play the same. Avoid the RM10 at all cost.
(1) Thank you for the detail explanation. Is it ok to buy something like Wakaba 3000 or Timo Boll pre-assembled bat with rubber, use until rubber goes bad, and then buy rubber to replace?

(2) His current bat weighs 260g. We compared it with some of the local shops, his really is heavier. I think he likes to shave some 60g off his bat.

(3) I learn from youtube and website, what he should buy is a bat that gives him more control, and spin. Less speed. He can get more speed after he is very very good at it... meaning the body responds automatically. So for now, he needs to avoid those new generation bats that has carbon ply in it... a pure wood, or 7-ply wood is good enough.

I really don't know much about all this, hopefully professional players can give more tips on how to buy the suitable bat for an 11 year old. Thanks.
tsd
post Aug 10 2018, 05:55 PM

49 posts

1. Those bats that comes with rubbter attached normally cant be removed. Peeling off the rubber sometimes will damage the wood surface. Better to get those without rubber, they can be removed and attached as many times as you like.

2. 260g is way too heavy. Ideal table tennis bat weight should be around 165g to 190g for our Asian sized people. Heavier bat are good for big hard swing because when you swing, the weight will help, while lighter bats are more suitable for delicate wrist twist and turn, which is hard to do with heavy bats. For attacking players, heavier bats are better, somewhere near to 190g.

3. In table tennis, there are two major style of play, attacking players and defensive players. At highest level of play, its either you are a super attacker or a super defender. Alot of players makes mistake by trying to excel in both attacking and defensive, at lower level it works but higher level of play, these players will fade because the player cant match good defensive players with a half-baked attacks and the player also cant match good attacking players with a half-baked defence.

Each playing style have its own type of bats, for example if you try to use a defensive bat to play attacking shots, you will realise no matter how hard you hit, the ball will fly slowly and easily returned. Not only ball returned, you need to use more energy and gets tired faster.

Assumming you already decided that he should be playing an attacking game ( which is the trend and the dominating force in this era, attacking game is also more spectacular, more sweat and looks more like a real sports ). You will need to get him an attacking bat. Next is what type of attacking bat ?

Most coach will advice youngsters to play all wood bat because they claimed that all wood bat have better control and feel, good for beginners to learn. Which I agree but unfortunately all wood bats will not bring your very far in an attacking game ( defence is still ok ). Wood bat are simply too weak for attacking ( except for those super heavy ones ), you will eventually have to change to a composite bat. Danger is, we dont know what habbit has been built into that player and he may not be able to adapt when changed to a composite bats because the feel in composite bat is different. The change process may take a long time and the player may even fail to adapt. I feel it is a waste of time to use an all wood bat if you plan to be an attacking player. We should just master the composite bat right from the beginning, save you from the troubles of switching bats in the future. It is not true that that composite bats have no feeling, it has, just different feeling.

I personally started with a composite bat in 1990, until today I am still using the same bat ( with many rounds of rubber change ), no reason to change bat because it has enough firepower for any level of play. I can focus on improving my games without having to waste time adapting to new bats.

QUOTE(n8210 @ Aug 10 2018, 02:51 PM)
(1) Thank you for the detail explanation. Is it ok to buy something like Wakaba 3000 or Timo Boll pre-assembled bat with rubber, use until rubber goes bad, and then buy rubber to replace?

(2) His current bat weighs 260g. We compared it with some of the local shops, his really is heavier. I think he likes to shave some 60g off his bat.

(3) I learn from youtube and website, what he should buy is a bat that gives him more control, and spin. Less speed. He can get more speed after he is very very good at it... meaning the body responds automatically. So for now, he needs to avoid those new generation bats that has carbon ply in it... a pure wood, or 7-ply wood is good enough.

I really don't know much about all this, hopefully professional players can give more tips on how to buy the suitable bat for an 11 year old. Thanks.
n8210
post Aug 10 2018, 10:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,659 posts

QUOTE(tsd @ Aug 10 2018, 05:55 PM)
1. Those bats that comes with rubbter attached normally cant be removed. Peeling off the rubber sometimes will damage the wood surface. Better to get those without rubber, they can be removed and attached as many times as you like.

2. 260g is way too heavy. Ideal table tennis bat weight should be around 165g to 190g for our Asian sized people. Heavier bat are good for big hard swing because when you swing, the weight will help, while lighter bats are more suitable for delicate wrist twist and turn, which is hard to do with heavy bats.  For attacking players, heavier bats are better, somewhere near to 190g.

3. In table tennis, there are two major style of play, attacking players and defensive players. At highest level of play, its either you are a super attacker or a super defender.  Alot of players makes mistake by trying to excel in both attacking and defensive, at lower level it works but higher level of play, these players will fade because the player cant match good defensive players with a half-baked attacks and the player also cant match good attacking players with a half-baked defence.

Each playing style have its own type of bats, for example if you try to use a defensive bat to play attacking shots, you will realise no matter how hard you hit, the ball will fly slowly and easily returned. Not only ball returned, you need to use more energy and gets tired faster.

Assumming you already decided that he should be playing an attacking game ( which is the trend and the dominating force in this era, attacking game is also more spectacular, more sweat and looks more like a real sports ). You will need to get him an attacking bat. Next is what type of attacking bat ?

Most coach will advice youngsters to play all wood bat because they claimed that all wood bat have better control and feel, good for beginners to learn. Which I agree but unfortunately all wood bats will not bring your very far in an attacking game ( defence is still ok ). Wood bat are simply too weak for attacking ( except for those super heavy ones ), you will eventually have to change to a composite bat. Danger is, we dont know what habbit has been built into that player and he may not be able to adapt when changed to a composite bats because the feel in composite bat is different. The change process may take a long time and the player may even fail to adapt. I feel it is a waste of time to use an all wood bat if you plan to be an attacking player. We should just master the composite bat right from the beginning, save you from the troubles of switching bats in the future. It is not true that that composite bats have no feeling, it has, just different feeling.

I personally started with a composite bat in 1990, until today I am still using the same bat ( with many rounds of rubber change ), no reason to change bat  because it has enough firepower for any level of play. I can focus on improving my games without having to waste time adapting to new bats.
Thanks for the tips. Surely I would have done the wrong thing without your kind guidelines. At his age, should he not start with slower hitting bats, to master spin, control, etc? Then at an advance stage, uses composite bats for the speed edge?

Could we find anything decent online, say shopee? An example is way easier to understand all these better... THANKS.
tsd
post Aug 11 2018, 01:30 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(n8210 @ Aug 10 2018, 10:19 PM)
Thanks for the tips. Surely I would have done the wrong thing without your kind guidelines. At his age, should he not start with slower hitting bats, to master spin, control, etc? Then at an advance stage, uses composite bats for the speed edge?

Could we find anything decent online, say shopee? An example is way easier to understand all these better... THANKS.
I dont see a problem starting with a composite bat. Composite material is inside the bat, top layer is still wood. If you hit soft, the composite material wont impact you much. The composite material will come into play when hit hard. What worries me about switching bat from wood to composite is when you play all wood bat, its linear.. its all the same. But when you play composite you have to adjust your shots, you must know when to hit hard and when to hit soft. When you start off with wood bat, you are trained to play a style which may not work well when you use composite bat.

There are many types of composite material used in table tennis bat, not all are speed demon. Some can be slower and better control than all wood bat. There are 2 most popular material used in composite bat, Carbon and Synthetic fibers that is used in bullet proof vest, such as Kevlar, Vectran ( Butterfly called it Arylate ) and Zylon. Some less popular composite uses materials like micro crystals, fibreglass and etc...

At the moment, there are 3 types of composite bat that are very popular...

Type 1.
Solid Carbon Plates sandwiched inside plies of wood. This type of bat is hard like a rock, it does not have any flex, very unforgiving but if you get your shots right, it will be very rewarding, the ball will leave your bat like a bullet. If you block a fast incoming ball, the ball will also go back like a bullet. This type of bat is good for smaller sized people who does not have physical strength to deliver powerful shots. This kind of bat is also slightly heavier compared to the other 2 types.

Type 2.
Zylon, Kevlar or Vectran (Arlylate) fiber sandwiched inside plies of wood, These type of bat has very good control and feel, they are soft. When you counter a very strong incoming ball, the bat will assorb the impact, has a mushy feeling like you are holding the ball in your hands. It can even protect you from incoming bullet ( that is what those fibers are made for ). These bat are very light and very good for defensive play. Control can even be better than the all wood bats.

Type 3. ( recommended )
Carbon fiber mixed with either Zylon, Kevlar or Vectran fiber ( they are weaved into each other, like "tikar") and sandwiched inside plies of wood. This is the most popular of all the composite bats. It has plenty of flex and yet still very strong. You get the benefits of Carbon speed and also the fiber control. Bat is also qutie light, for the same weight... no all wood bat can match its power and yet stilll have very good control and feeling.

I used the Type 1 bat. although it is the most powerful of all, I would not recommend it because it is very hard to use and very unforgiving and needs extream precision. You need to stay focused all the time. Any slight mistakes, there goes a point. I will suggest you get the Type 3 composite bat. You have plenty of control and yet plenty of power. If I have a choice, I will go for the Type 3 type of bat, but since I am already trained and played with Type 1 for such a long time, I just stick to it because it has enough fire power for any level and if I cant achieve anything, problem is me and not the bat. Similarly, if you get one of the Type 3 bats, you will never need to replace it because it has enough fire power to reach the highest level of play. Most of the top world class players uses this type of bat.

Of the 3 types of fiber, Kevlar and Vectran (Arylate ) are quite similar, Zylon is the latest technology, also similar to those two except that it has slightly better strength and yet still light weight. Unfortunately zylon is very expensive, so the older Kevlar or Vectran fiber will be fine.

After choosing the composite material, another complicated thing is what kind of wood that is sandwiched together with the composite. Ussually be careful with the top layer, because some wood are very easy to peel off, some does not.

I am not sure where to buy online, you can try look for it.

120 Pages « < 91 92 93 94 95 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:23 PM