Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> house air purifier

views

luvimp
post Nov 17 2011, 09:37 AM

Casual
375 posts

Is there any particular size if it is for the living room? I saw air purifier from Coway. Anyone using it?
luvimp
post May 8 2015, 01:53 PM

Casual
375 posts

I would choose between Blueair and Coway. They are best in market.
luvimp
post May 12 2015, 09:48 AM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(spookie @ May 11 2015, 08:27 PM)
Hi everyone, just sharing my experience. I hv skin allergies and my doctor recommended me to buy an air purifier (coz I don't seem to be allergic to any food), which sent me on a journey to search online.
Apparently Alen is the best but I haven't seen it here. Blue air has great reviews too.
Now just to prepare everyone, blue air doesn't have fancy features that the Japanese company has and claims like auto detector etc.
Google search online leads you to mostly western favoured brands. Sharp and Panasonic have nice sites (but sharp is too confusing and don't clearly state the differences of the models ). All seems fancy but apparent negative ion isn't a good thing anymore and some emits ozone which is bad.

I searched the Internet for around two weeks, reading reviews etc. some ppl have special devices to measure air quality and blue air was good. Also lots of comments on their hepa silent which was silent enough to sleep peacefully. Also, filters should be HEPA standard to remove 99.9% of whatever particles which some brands won't dare say they hv hepa standards coz they don't. I even went to the ESH shop in ss2 to take a look and the sales assistant was helpful and mentioned good things about the model.

At the end, I settled for blue air. I bought the basic model (203) at RM 1599 at homedec on 1st may which came with an extra free basic filter (there are two types - basic and charcoal for odour removal).  While this seems pricey, Coway and home master are not cheap too. Coway has a rental policy but for a minimum contract of 24 months (which means the price is almost the price of the unit itself! But they claim they do servicing etc).

I love my blue air! The highest lvl mode is noisy but the middle mode is ok and the lowest setting (hepa silent) is silent.

Noise: hepa silent is really silent!
Weight : I can carry it to other rooms ^^ wahahha save money. Note that their higher end models have wheels. Don't expect to clean the house house air with a smaller model la....read their specs. Also it's made of metal so more sturdy but means more heavy.
Price: seems expensive but reasonable if u compare to other brands
Warranty : 3 years
Customer service : VERY important point....why I am posting is coz of this. Sales man ok, sales ppl ok, phone customer service ok BUT phone to follow up on delivery was a rude person and my delivery was incomplete. Then being typical Malaysian, I went to their company website and complain. Within 30 minutes, their company director called me up to try and understand and resolve my issue. To me, issues and hiccups can happen, but how you resolve it is most important. Her genuine gesture and professionalism was very impressive. A+++++

Anyway, if you want blue air, you can buy from their office or they can deliver to you or you can visit ESH electrical shop too. The blue air distributor website is www.visionary.com.my

Btw, I really don't work for them ya. You can pm me to ask about my blue air. Hehe. It's really basic. So easy to change the filters too.
Last but not least, I think air purifiers are NOT vacuum cleaners. Don't expect it to vacuum all your dust. Hahaha.
Sounds good. I am also pretty much decided on Blueair 650E.
luvimp
post May 12 2015, 12:18 PM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(roxx @ May 12 2015, 12:06 PM)
Does air purifier REALLY can eliminate dust?

I have dust problem in my house. It's everywhere.. Daily mop really tiring..
Bro. You should vacuum and mop your house daily to keep it clean.
Air purifier cannot eliminate dust.
Certain brand will bring down the dust and you will see the area nearby your machine to be full with dust.
Eventually you will need to vacuum and mop again.
luvimp
post May 12 2015, 02:08 PM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ May 12 2015, 01:09 PM)
Problem with people now is, they prefer to waste more time to be a pad warrior rather than looking at the base of the problem.
Technology advancement = people getting lazy and try to avoid using own energy to solve problem.
luvimp
post May 12 2015, 02:23 PM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(kausar @ May 12 2015, 02:13 PM)
just buy the cleanbot blush.gif
Still need to mop bro.
What you cant see doesn't mean it is not dirty.
luvimp
post May 13 2015, 11:20 AM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(roxx @ May 13 2015, 11:01 AM)
The problem is I don't know from where the source came from..

I have remove all carpets in my house, put hippo in my wardrobe, wash my curtains and sofa cover weekly but still dust is everywhere..
Vacuum and mop daily very tiring bro.. That's why want to get air purifier AT LEAST can help to eliminate those dusts.  cry.gif
Did you clean your car porch?
Sometimes the wind bring the dust from your car porch into your hall.

Air purifier wont solve your problem.
Get those robot cleaner instead to have vacuum dust.
luvimp
post May 14 2015, 10:17 AM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(spookie @ May 13 2015, 04:28 PM)
Wow, that's nice. I wanted but it's more expensive. However the bigger models can clean bigger air space.
Hope you like it. Maybe you can share your experience here as well.
RM3k+ for Blueair and RM4k+ for Coway.
So i serious dont think it is expensive.
Even Sharp purifier cost RM2-3k+ for bigger area.
luvimp
post May 14 2015, 11:19 AM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ May 14 2015, 10:30 AM)
That is expensive. For sharp, 1.6k can get it.

Air purifier is a simple mechanism. Not complicated than a fridge, tv or aircon. If that price is expensive than such thing, that all go into the profit. Not the air purifier.
Bro. Your RM1.6k sharp only can purify a room.
I am talking about the size above 1k sqft.

luvimp
post May 14 2015, 11:56 AM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ May 14 2015, 11:45 AM)
My 1 not for room lah. I use it for hall and room. It actually overkill for room.

And what AP can clean 1K sqft? That is very big AP.
Blueair 700sqft.
Coway up to 2650sqft.

I will still choose Blueair cause easier to change filter.
I gonna use it to purify air at living hall to dining hall (open kitchen concept).
So 700sqft roughly enough exclusing kitchen.
Furthermore, blueair have remote control and wheels that i can bring it around to where it need it easier. rclxms.gif

luvimp
post May 14 2015, 03:24 PM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ May 14 2015, 12:35 PM)
The actual price for blueair is not expensive. The buying power here and the big profit that cause this unit very expensive.

Any AP is easy to change and clean the filter. I use sharp, korea brand and Philip before. All are easy to clean and change.

I won't get that too big size AP. Cause

1) It is ugly to place that big unit in the hall.
2) I don't think it can reach that far end to suck the dust toward the AP.
3) You really need to max the fan speed to get that far. And the crazy loud fan noise.

I rather separate to 2 small unit.

I seldom switch ON the AP. Only use it once a while or during haze time. Don't need to life in a clean room.

The sharp new model don't have the remote. My office old model have. Minimum of usage the remote. But better than nothing.
I have dog staying inside the house so my AP will on for 24/7.
Yes, you are right that the air and dust can only reach certain length. For Blueair is exactly 700sqft and Coway only up to 400+sqft.
That is why i am getting the Blueair.
Blueair is renowned worldwide and it is an Europe brand. I usually trust Europe products more. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by luvimp: May 14 2015, 03:24 PM
luvimp
post May 19 2015, 01:13 PM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ May 15 2015, 10:06 AM)
Why you want to ON your AP for 24/7? You have breathing or some sort irritating problem?
Cause with dog inside the home it will make the house full with his smell

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0389sec    0.58    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:58 PM