Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

iPad 2 (WiFi + 3G), but not yet got SIM card

views

eikozai
post Nov 16 2011, 04:08 PM

1,115 posts

Which location u're in? KL or other state??
I used DiGi for 1 weeks and throw it off, sucks to core. Now using Umobile postpaid, overnight can download 30 series of movies(imagine that). Celcom nowadys i'm not sure, but if using uMobile, when no line it will auto roam to Celcom at no charges. only RM28/month. Free 30 sms and dunno how many hundred minutes talktime(i din use it coz its in my ipad). Digi prepaid rm1/day ONLY if u topped up RM100! uMobile RM28 +6% Gov Charges. U do the math.

Recommended go for postpaid than prepaid coz prepaid u nit to poke out the sim card everytime u nit to reload, no such thing as auto reload from shop after paid money.
eikozai
post Nov 16 2011, 10:10 PM

1,115 posts

QUOTE(eloon92 @ Nov 16 2011, 10:04 PM)
Isnt the Rm28/month an UMobile prepaid plan?
Prepaid also got, postpaid also got. But postpaid need to pay extra 6% Gov Charges. The data cap on 500 Mb and speed reduce after that without disable 3G or extra charges. So for iPad, fix at RM28/month+6% Gov Charges. I open my line at Time Square UMobile booth smile.gif prepaid need to remove sim card every time u reload, postpaid no need smile.gif
eikozai
post Nov 16 2011, 10:18 PM

1,115 posts

QUOTE(muizz @ Nov 16 2011, 10:12 PM)
umobile.. rm40++ per/month..
Ya, cap at 1GB. Also got rm28/month one smile.gif but gotta go counter ask for it lo..
eikozai
post Nov 17 2011, 09:41 AM

1,115 posts

QUOTE(merchant9 @ Nov 17 2011, 12:27 AM)
Wow.. Didn't know uMobile got such interesting offer... I will definitely check it out. When you're throttled, how slow is it?

You said download 30 movies but then 500mb? How is this possible? I thought of Yea 4G but do not wish to carry another device around. Will definitely check out uMobile.

Any website comparing these packages?
Well, since u asked something that even myself found interesting, i would try to answer u here biggrin.gif uMobile, how slow?? i dun get wat u mean coz from my personal experience, it load youtube high quality video faster than my sister's house wifi, unifi cannot compare of coz. the cap is 500mb but anyhow my gf managed to dl 30 series overnight, and she dun have any wifi in that house or free access nearby. So far haven't experience any speed reduction which was said to be capped at 500MB. This the best part. I think better u pay a visit to uMobile at Time Square, they will show u all the packages available and tell u about the suitability with ur lifestyle. Also, they wil tell u what kinda hidden charges would applied, like the 6% Gov Charges which u have to ask or else they jst wont tell u until ur bill come end of the month. biggrin.gif

Finding a 3G is very dependend on your area, coz some area are more congested while others might have smoother traffic so the line is faster. Good luck looking for a suitable 3G biggrin.gif I found mine.. biggrin.gif
eikozai
post Nov 17 2011, 04:05 PM

1,115 posts

QUOTE(merchant9 @ Nov 17 2011, 03:29 PM)
Hi eikozai,

I was told that uMobile are riding on Celcom coverage and has coverage most places. Not sure how true this is. I dont Unifi at home, still with Streamyx and it is still slow sometimes so uMobile is a good alternative for me because I dont really use 3G much, except when I take my iPad with me when travelling.

I will definitely check out uMobile store.

You are right, i was told by the CS that uMobile doesn't have their own base, so need to ride on other company's platform. But in Klang Valley, u can see on ur ipad it'll show uMobile 3G, and it roam to Celcom 3G when uMobile 3G have no coverage. Celcom is good when go out from Klang Valley, while uMobile stram extremely well within Klang Valley. So this is my best choice for ipad dataplan. Personally choosen postpaid because seldom use doesn't mean not using at all. Me myself dun want all the trouble when wanna go online, have to drive all the way to a specific store to purcahse the card, or etc etc, lots of factor, prefer on-the-go type. uMobile postpaid was slightly cheaper than DiGi if u do the calculation, rm28/month + 6% = RM29.68 for 30 days(they told me 1 month = 30days), almost same like DiGi prepaid RM1/day plan which also will continously deduct ur credit everyday no matter u using or not. RM1/day was only applicable IF ONLY you topped up RM100, RM30, RM50 don't count with this rate biggrin.gif uMobile plan no contract, can terminate anytime biggrin.gif

I'm not bias, but just sharing my personaly opnion and experience. You can do the survey around first, or try and throw sim card like me biggrin.gif
eikozai
post Nov 17 2011, 05:14 PM

1,115 posts

QUOTE(merchant9 @ Nov 17 2011, 04:53 PM)
Thanks for sharing to me in detailed on all the info you have. If this is a Facebook post, I will LIKE it! smile.gif

I am planning to sign up for uMobile u28 postpaid.
Thanks for 'LIKE' my quote biggrin.gif Just sharing something good around biggrin.gif I just realize there's some grammer mistake making misleading info here. The RM100, RM30, RM50 part.
EDITTED :
RM1/day was only applicable IF ONLY you topped up RM100. RM30, RM50 don't count with this rate biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by eikozai: Nov 17 2011, 05:15 PM
eikozai
post Nov 18 2011, 09:31 AM

1,115 posts

QUOTE(jiant @ Nov 17 2011, 08:25 PM)
tumpang asking..
may i know how long the time taking in order to finish login into home screen?
my one seem very long..when swith on need a few secong to get apple logo then about 30 second to finish login..is it normal?
I think you r literally out of topic. But to answer you, mine took me around 10-15 seconds from totally OFF to ready-to-go 'home page' biggrin.gif Time depend whether i do housekeeping on my ipad2 or not.
eikozai
post Nov 18 2011, 04:04 PM

1,115 posts

QUOTE(merchant9 @ Nov 18 2011, 11:16 AM)
If I use it on an iPad, can I reload without taking the SIM card out?
Cannot be done for DiGi prepaid, must top up from phone only.

QUOTE(CalvinCLK @ Nov 18 2011, 11:26 AM)
Borrow thread.. Any contract for signing up UMobile RM28 package?
Post #15, first paragraph, last sentence. No conract at all, u can terminate anytime you wanted. Prorate will be charged for extra days which is not completed the montly cycle.

Hope these info do enlightened u biggrin.gif
eikozai
post Nov 20 2011, 04:05 AM

1,115 posts

QUOTE(CalvinCLK @ Nov 19 2011, 10:44 PM)
Woops.. missed the line when I browse through from the top.. tongue.gif

Thanks for the info.. No contract is great!  thumbup.gif
Yeap, contract bonding makes life difficult at some stage of life.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:40 PM