Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> prepaid plan for ipad, urmmmm

arie9919
post Nov 16 2011, 12:47 PM

Group: Junior Member

can i ask?
prepaid plan for ipad got or not?
heheheh rclxms.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
acbc
post Nov 16 2011, 01:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

I used uMobile prepaid last time. Cheap. RM 28 for 500MB data. But, since iPad do not have a SMS client, u better reload say RM 200 or else u need to remove the SIM each time to reload.
+Quote Post
arie9919
post Nov 16 2011, 01:15 PM

umobile?
what about kelantan area?
huh
+Quote Post
NiLeS
post Nov 16 2011, 01:20 PM

celcom. rm12.50 for data sim and got rm5 inside the sim. rm5 for 500mb 1 day usage. rm18 for 7 days usage.
+Quote Post
lvloo
post Nov 16 2011, 02:30 PM

Digi Prepaid internet Rm100 for 100 days. but slow speed !
+Quote Post
marsupilami
post Nov 16 2011, 03:12 PM

Casual

for eastern recommended use either maxis or celcom only, both very fast there
+Quote Post
eikozai
post Nov 16 2011, 03:22 PM

Go for postpaid la, prepaid u gotta poke out the sim card everytime to reload, there's no auto reload from other phone like last time we did from shop (pay money then they auto top up for us)..
Imagine, u go out station either for business or vacation, then u wanna go online. Suddenly u realize ur prepaid expired and u purchase a top up card just to realize u got no pin to poke tat simcard slot out.. SUCKS, isn't it??

This post has been edited by eikozai: Nov 17 2011, 04:49 PM
+Quote Post
arie9919
post Nov 16 2011, 06:35 PM

QUOTE(eikozai @ Nov 16 2011, 03:22 PM)
Go for postpaid la, prepaid u gotta poke out the sim card everytime to reload, there's no auto reload from other phone like last time we did from shop (pay money then they auto top up for us)..
Imagine, u go out station either for business or vacation, then u wanna go online. Suddenly u realize ur postpaid expired and u purchase a top up card just to realize u got no pin to poke tat simcard slot out.. SUCKS, isn't it??
good idea also......thinking rclxub.gif

+Quote Post
eikozai
post Nov 16 2011, 10:13 PM

QUOTE(acbc @ Nov 16 2011, 01:09 PM)
I used uMobile prepaid last time. Cheap. RM 28 for 500MB data. But, since iPad do not have a SMS client, u better reload say RM 200 or else u need to remove the SIM each time to reload.
Bro, I'm using postpaid version UMobile also 28/month but with additional 6% Gov Charges. Same cap at 500Mb, after that speed reduce without additional charges.

Added on November 16, 2011, 10:15 pm
QUOTE(arie9919 @ Nov 16 2011, 06:35 PM)
U can consider UMobile, digi I used 1 week and throw away then sim card ady, speed slow like hack and unstable in my area, and MOST of the area in bukit jalil!! Digi u gotta reload rm100 ONLY can get the rm1/day. Last time I dunno I tot fix, so I reload rm10, last for 2 days only.. After that throw away Liao smile.gif

This post has been edited by eikozai: Nov 16 2011, 10:15 PM
+Quote Post
jychow
post Nov 16 2011, 10:30 PM

Getting Started

These few days, u mobile is not stable. Most of the time, I'm out of signal. I'm on prepaid RM40 for 2gb.

However, when I get the signal working, it is pretty fast. My area would be Sunway and pantai hill park.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
eikozai
post Nov 16 2011, 11:36 PM

QUOTE(jychow @ Nov 16 2011, 10:30 PM)
These few days, u mobile is not stable. Most of the time, I'm out of signal. I'm on prepaid RM40 for 2gb.

However, when I get the signal working, it is pretty fast. My area would be Sunway and pantai hill park.
I'm staying in puchong and line been normal all these while. Ytd my gf used it in her rented room in Kuchai lama, was told the speed was fascinating as she downloaded 30+ series of movies overnight when she's sleeping. Maybe sunway area UMobile port got problem and it's fixed now? Coz this few days got storm raining. I guess la.. smile.gif
+Quote Post
benny0908
post Nov 17 2011, 02:30 AM

Getting Started

Can I ask how u download movie using ipad2?
+Quote Post
eikozai
post Nov 17 2011, 09:34 AM

QUOTE(benny0908 @ Nov 17 2011, 02:30 AM)
Can I ask how u download movie using ipad2?
I'm using free apps to downlaod it. Currently using 'LE.TV HD' apps to download. thre's 2 version, the original was LE.TV for smaller ios device like ipod touch and iphone, HD version is better for ipad, no blurry quality but this is not the damn high quality downloads. Good enough to watch, but its not fine enough for quality chaser. biggrin.gif If wan superb quality, i will suggest rent from itune for a day.
+Quote Post
JY.
post Nov 17 2011, 01:37 PM

Regular

QUOTE(eikozai @ Nov 16 2011, 03:22 PM)
Imagine, u go out station either for business or vacation, then u wanna go online. Suddenly u realize ur postpaid expired and u purchase a top up card just to realize u got no pin to poke tat simcard slot out.. SUCKS, isn't it??
From where u got the idea of poking out sim card everytime u wanna reload? Im using maxis and there is a special web portal for u to check balance and reload. Or you can just topup via m2u or normal hp shop (ask for hotlink topup). Been using for 4 months now and i dont ven poke out my sim card once
+Quote Post
CorLuka
post Nov 17 2011, 02:13 PM

Getting Started

If u are in KL UMobile can gives a better speed...am using it for 1month so far,and am staying at Damansara,very satisfy me so far smile.gif
+Quote Post
arie9919
post Nov 17 2011, 02:49 PM

so celcom vs maxis ????better the best one?
+Quote Post
eikozai
post Nov 17 2011, 03:28 PM

QUOTE(JY. @ Nov 17 2011, 01:37 PM)
From where u got the idea of poking out sim card everytime u wanna reload? Im using maxis and there is a special web portal for u to check balance and reload. Or you can just topup via m2u or normal hp shop (ask for hotlink topup). Been using for 4 months now and i dont ven poke out my sim card once
Aww, i dun "get the idea", i experience it myself, PERSONALLY. i din use Maxis so i dunno, but DiGi Internet For All prepaid plan required you to poke out, and i throw that sim card away after 1 week. Then when i try to get the uMobile prepaid, i was told by the customer service that prepaid nit to poke out sim, put into phone then only can reload. They can't help me reload. That's why i go for postpaid, hassle free biggrin.gif Anyway, thx for your good recommendation for others here biggrin.gif

Oh yea, u just mentioned "web portal", does this "web portal" need you to go online first to be able to top up?? If need to goes online to top up, then wat's the point? IMHO, it would be too troublesome, coz imagine u're outside n u wanna goes online on ur ipad, and you just can't, then how to top up and continue online?? Sorry, i'm newbie in this chapter, kindly guide me. I really dunno about maxis these days sad.gif

Added on November 17, 2011, 3:29 pm
QUOTE(CorLuka @ Nov 17 2011, 02:13 PM)
If u are in KL UMobile can gives a better speed...am using it for 1month so far,and am staying at Damansara,very satisfy me so far smile.gif
Agreed with you biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by eikozai: Nov 17 2011, 03:34 PM
+Quote Post
JY.
post Nov 17 2011, 03:49 PM

Regular

QUOTE(eikozai @ Nov 17 2011, 03:28 PM)
Aww, i dun "get the idea", i experience it myself, PERSONALLY. i din use Maxis so i dunno, but DiGi Internet For All prepaid plan required you to poke out, and i throw that sim card away after 1 week. Then when i try to get the uMobile prepaid, i was told by the customer service that prepaid nit to poke out sim, put into phone then only can reload. They can't help me reload. That's why i go for postpaid, hassle free biggrin.gif Anyway, thx for your good recommendation for others here biggrin.gif

Oh yea, u just mentioned "web portal", does this "web portal" need you to go online first to be able to top up?? If need to goes online to top up, then wat's the point? IMHO, it would be too troublesome, coz imagine u're outside n u wanna goes online on ur ipad, and you just can't, then how to top up and continue online?? Sorry, i'm newbie in this chapter, kindly guide me. I really dunno about maxis these days sad.gif

web portal is for you to buy the subscription, as long as there is credit in your sim card, you can buy the package u want, be it 2 hours, 1day or 1 month. And after ur account has reaches its limit the only site u can surf is the web portal, which obviously, for you to buy subscription. For the top up part, u can top up via m2u or any hp shop, just give them your number and the credit will straight goes into your account, just like the way u top up your prepaid, and immediately the credit will show up on the web portal. As simple as that.
+Quote Post
eikozai
post Nov 17 2011, 04:11 PM

QUOTE(JY. @ Nov 17 2011, 03:49 PM)
web portal is for you to buy the subscription, as long as there is credit in your sim card, you can buy the package u want, be it 2 hours, 1day or 1 month. And after ur account has reaches its limit the only site u can surf is the web portal, which obviously, for you to buy subscription. For the top up part, u can top up via m2u or any hp shop, just give them your number and the credit will straight goes into your account, just like the way u top up your prepaid, and immediately the credit will show up on the web portal. As simple as that.
Noted biggrin.gif Thanks for sharing, perhaps i'll consider Maxis when uMobile traffic getting congested biggrin.gif At least for the moment, with your sharing i got another option in head biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
benny0908
post Nov 17 2011, 05:26 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(eikozai @ Nov 17 2011, 09:34 AM)
I'm using free apps to downlaod it. Currently using 'LE.TV HD' apps to download. thre's 2 version, the original was LE.TV for smaller ios device like ipod touch and iphone, HD version is better for ipad, no blurry quality but this is not the damn high quality downloads. Good enough to watch, but its not fine enough for quality chaser. biggrin.gif If wan superb quality, i will suggest rent from itune for a day.
Thanks for sharing haha.. I use so long but don't know got this kind of apps allow dl movie which is compatible with iproduct.
+Quote Post
eikozai
post Nov 17 2011, 05:31 PM

QUOTE(benny0908 @ Nov 17 2011, 05:26 PM)
Thanks for sharing haha.. I use so long but don't know got this kind of apps allow dl movie which is compatible with iproduct.
But hor.. something that i forgot to elt u know is, this app was a chinese app tongue.gif English movie smtm also talk chinese one, either mandarin or cantonese or other loghat. hehe.. but its good for hong kong TVB dramas.
+Quote Post
benny0908
post Nov 17 2011, 07:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(eikozai @ Nov 17 2011, 05:31 PM)
But hor.. something that i forgot to elt u know is, this app was a chinese app tongue.gif English movie smtm also talk chinese one, either mandarin or cantonese or other loghat. hehe.. but its good for hong kong TVB dramas.
Aiya too bad don't m ow read Chinese but never mind my purpose is to watch hk TVB drama. I guess by seeing those drama poster I know which one to click. Anyway thanks alot haha
+Quote Post
eikozai
post Nov 17 2011, 07:53 PM

乐视视频 is the normal iPhone screen size with 2X zoom version LEtv.com, while,
乐视影视 is the HD version. Go copy paste in apps store and happy download.

Sorry TS for posting unrelated post in your thread sad.gif

+Quote Post
benny0908
post Nov 18 2011, 01:43 AM

Getting Started

I already download the apps but dont know how to find tvb drama and which one is download the movie? Tq!! Btw I can't load the movie don't know why..
+Quote Post
rainbow6
post Nov 18 2011, 08:37 AM

On my way

QUOTE(benny0908 @ Nov 18 2011, 01:43 AM)
I already download the apps but dont know how to find tvb drama and which one is download the movie? Tq!! Btw I can't load the movie don't know why..
I think its better to download movie/tv/anime to your desktop using p2p or whatever/wherever you can get the avi or mkv from. Then install player OplayerHD lite (free) to your ipad and no need jailbreak.
Open your itunes and drag the avi/mkv files to OPlayerHD folder in your iTunes App.
I can play 720P very nicely on Ipad2. Not sure how smooth it is in ipad1.

+Quote Post
eikozai
post Nov 18 2011, 09:27 AM

I think we r really out of topic, guess its better to open a new thread. Anyway, thanks rainbow for sharing, i'll try that biggrin.gif

TS, borrow thread a while ah tongue.gif

Rainbow, which p2p web u grab the seed from? PM me please biggrin.gif or lemme know new thread post so we could discuss there.
+Quote Post
tripelw
post Nov 19 2011, 08:09 PM

Go for Celcom SKMM broadband or Maxis Internet Prepaid SKMM.. only RM25/month. 700mb
+Quote Post
min ck
post Nov 19 2011, 08:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tripelw @ Nov 19 2011, 08:09 PM)
Go for Celcom SKMM broadband or Maxis Internet Prepaid SKMM.. only RM25/month. 700mb
i can't find any maxis prepaid internet SKMM.. do u have any link?
+Quote Post
mynewuser
post Nov 19 2011, 09:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!

For umobile can we reload using online web coupon? Login to umobile web and input the coupon number.
+Quote Post
arie9919
post Nov 29 2011, 08:58 PM

how can i get celcom SKMM bb?

+Quote Post
min ck
post Nov 30 2011, 02:11 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(arie9919 @ Nov 29 2011, 08:58 PM)
how can i get celcom SKMM bb?
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2040061
+Quote Post
kaikon
post Nov 30 2011, 12:59 PM

Getting Started

I have been using Digi Prepaid for the iPAD and reloaded 4 times using the normal prepaid top up couple bought from shops and maybank2u. Never had I needed to poke out the card, just reload from a 016 handphone.
+Quote Post
eikozai
post Nov 30 2011, 01:21 PM

QUOTE(kaikon @ Nov 30 2011, 12:59 PM)
I have been using Digi Prepaid for the iPAD and reloaded 4 times using the normal prepaid top up couple bought from shops and maybank2u. Never had I needed to poke out the card, just reload from a 016 handphone.
R u sure?? coz that fella from DiGi booth told me only can be done by removing.. Duh~ I must have been conned on this. But never regret to choose UMobile with me anyway, coz the coverage and speed was much better than DiGi in my place~ Can i file any lawsuit on this? LoL~

R u using the DiGi Internet For All prepaid package?

This post has been edited by eikozai: Nov 30 2011, 01:22 PM
+Quote Post
kaikon
post Nov 30 2011, 01:38 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(eikozai @ Nov 30 2011, 01:21 PM)
R u sure?? coz that fella from DiGi booth told me only can be done by removing.. Duh~ I must have been conned on this. But never regret to choose UMobile with me anyway, coz the coverage and speed was much better than DiGi in my place~ Can i file any lawsuit on this? LoL~

R u using the DiGi Internet For All prepaid package?
Yes I am sure, I reloaded my iPad twice, my nephew's once and another friend's once. All using my handphone with reload coupons from any shop.

RM100 for 100 days, making it RM1 per day @ 384kbps speed/100mb per day = about 3GB a month. Once you reached your 100mb per day, it will be throttled to 128kbps which is almost useless for surfing but you still get your notifications. Wait till midnight and it will reset.

For the very first time, yes you need to poke it out to sign up for Digi OCS cos you need to retrieve the SMS password. After that, no longer need to. Just login to Digi website with OCS and you will see your account details and expiry date.

I only hit my daily quota once after more than 130 days so far. That was due to heavy youtube.

+Quote Post
eikozai
post Nov 30 2011, 01:44 PM

QUOTE(kaikon @ Nov 30 2011, 01:38 PM)
Yes I am sure, I reloaded my iPad twice, my nephew's once and another friend's once. All using my handphone with reload coupons from any shop.

RM100 for 100 days, making it RM1 per day @ 384kbps speed/100mb per day = about 3GB a month. Once you reached your 100mb per day, it will be throttled to 128kbps which is almost useless for surfing but you still get your notifications. Wait till midnight and it will reset.

For the very first time, yes you need to poke it out to sign up for Digi OCS cos you need to retrieve the SMS password. After that, no longer need to. Just login to Digi website with OCS and you will see your account details and expiry date.

I only hit my daily quota once after more than 130 days so far. That was due to heavy youtube.
En.. Thanks for making a good review here. I wouldn't have know it if i never read your post here. Would bear in mind on that. I'm a DiGi Ambassador user on my phone, so DiGi Internet Prepaid was my first attemp and that fella from DiGi booth really dissappoint me at that very moment.

I'm using UMobile most basic package, was said to have max cap at 500Mb, but so far after 2Gb of my highest monthly usage, they have yet to throttled my speed, all the time was still so speedy. I dun think they keeping track on ur usage at this moment, guessing its part of their marketing plan to attract more customers first, implement the introduced throttled max cap later.
+Quote Post
alpha0201
post Nov 30 2011, 03:06 PM

¡¡¡llǝʍ ǝuoƃ ʇou s,ʇɐɥʇ

I usually use this command from my digi phone to my broadband dongle.

Dial *123* <reload PIN> * <Prepaid Broadband SIM card number> # and press SEND/CALL
+Quote Post
suicai99
post Dec 2 2011, 11:26 AM

whoever said that one needs to poke out sim card and plug into other phone to reload their prepaid, i say you have not explored your options enuf.

if you have a jailbroken ipad, look for QueryUSSD. after installing that, you can reload from your ipad itself just like a phone. i used to do that.
+Quote Post
arie9919
post Dec 2 2011, 08:22 PM

QUOTE(suicai99 @ Dec 2 2011, 11:26 AM)
whoever said that one needs to poke out sim card and plug into other phone to reload their prepaid, i say you have not explored your options enuf.

if you have a jailbroken ipad, look for QueryUSSD. after installing that, you can reload from your ipad itself just like a phone. i used to do that.
can i ask...... ios5 already can jb?
+Quote Post
KUROsaki23
post Dec 4 2011, 08:18 PM

Getting Started

if ipad..yes i think..tethered one..none for ipad2 yet
+Quote Post
eikozai
post Dec 4 2011, 10:46 PM

QUOTE(suicai99 @ Dec 2 2011, 11:26 AM)

Any option to do without JB as in iOS5?
+Quote Post
amyhs99
post Dec 4 2011, 10:47 PM

I'm Banned...

I bought this for my ipad.. smile.gif

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1734410&hl=
+Quote Post
shawn87
post Dec 5 2011, 01:23 PM

Joined Today

Anyone used skmm celcom before? Wondering how's the speed n do this package have daily package? Or only monthly for 25
+Quote Post
creep
post Dec 5 2011, 02:21 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(shawn87 @ Dec 5 2011, 01:23 PM)
Anyone used skmm celcom before? Wondering how's the speed n do this package have daily package? Or only monthly for 25
i'm using celcom skmm with my ipad.....speed quite good even though the simpack stated max speed only 384kbps.....i test the speed can get more than 1MB....better than instanet which i used earlier.....got daily package for rm5 but better take 1 month lor....reception quite good even in my wife's home town in Epakan pahang......once a month have to take the sim and reload using sms with other phone coz i'm on ver 5.0 non jb......btw have to be careful when cutting the sim to micro-sim coz the chip is bigger than normal sim.....
+Quote Post
min ck
post Dec 5 2011, 06:05 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(shawn87 @ Dec 5 2011, 01:23 PM)
im also using celcom skmm now on my ipad 2, dont know what to say more about this plan, it is just too incredible, sometimes speedtest can get up to 1.4mbps.. i can download youtube videos (example, 10mb) in just one or two minutes.. why dont u give it a try? rclxm9.gif
+Quote Post
mazdagtr210
post Dec 5 2011, 06:18 PM

Casual

cannot using normal prepaid card for celcom skmm?

+Quote Post
mr11
post Dec 5 2011, 10:48 PM

Enthusiast

Where to get celcom Skmm pack ? Any retail celcom stores ?
+Quote Post
creep
post Dec 5 2011, 11:03 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mr11 @ Dec 5 2011, 10:48 PM)
Where to get celcom Skmm pack ? Any retail celcom stores ?
normally celcom and maxis will open the booth selling the skmm pack during the handover ceremony of netbook/ pc 1 malaysia ...can get at face value rm25 ... not many shop selling ... i got mine from kajang hp shop for rm35 b4 they increase the price up to rm80 per pack ...now online selller got alot ... go to garage sale gor or c@rigold forum

+Quote Post
shawn87
post Dec 7 2011, 02:19 AM

Joined Today

QUOTE(creep @ Dec 5 2011, 02:21 PM)
i'm using celcom skmm with my ipad.....speed quite good even though the simpack stated max speed only 384kbps.....i test the speed can get more than 1MB....better than instanet which i used earlier.....got daily package for rm5 but better take 1 month lor....reception quite good even in my wife's home town in Epakan pahang......once a month have to take the sim and reload using sms with other phone coz i'm on ver 5.0 non jb......btw have to be careful when cutting the sim to micro-sim coz the chip is bigger than normal sim.....
From what I've read celcom don't throttle the speed even u reach the limit.. Is it true? N most important is celcom has best coverage in Malaysia.. Maxis has skmm package too? How's the speed anyway? Same as celcom?
+Quote Post
eetfukouijaaa
post Dec 8 2011, 12:21 AM

Guys, which plan is the best one? Especially with roaming? I live in Kuching Malaysia, and going to USA on vacation soon. Wanna bring the iPad instead of a laptop, but I have not subscribed for any plan as far. Which would you recommend the most? Need help. Thank you!

This post has been edited by eetfukouijaaa: Dec 8 2011, 12:23 AM
+Quote Post
shawn87
post Dec 8 2011, 01:08 AM

Joined Today

QUOTE(eetfukouijaaa @ Dec 8 2011, 12:21 AM)
Guys, which plan is the best one? Especially with roaming? I live in Kuching Malaysia, and going to USA on vacation soon. Wanna bring the iPad instead of a laptop, but I have not subscribed for any plan as far. Which would you recommend the most? Need help. Thank you!
I suggest u get another starter pack over there since u will be there for a month.. I'm not sure bout us but when I was in uk I bought o2 for my iPhone 4 it's cheap n comes with data.. U can check online which package Is suit u d most n I believe it's cheaper that way
+Quote Post
creep
post Dec 8 2011, 01:48 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(shawn87 @ Dec 7 2011, 02:19 AM)
From what I've read celcom don't throttle the speed even u reach the  limit.. Is it true? N most important is celcom has best coverage in Malaysia.. Maxis has skmm package too? How's the speed anyway? Same as celcom?
yup ... they suppose to throttle after 800mb but i been using more than that and still got the same speed....yes maxis also hv skmm package but i haven't try it yet....
+Quote Post
min ck
post Dec 8 2011, 01:52 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(creep @ Dec 8 2011, 01:48 AM)
yup ... they suppose to throttle after 800mb but i been using more than that and still got the same speed....yes maxis also hv skmm package but i haven't try it yet....
where to find the maxis skmm package? cant find it anywhere in the net..
+Quote Post
Double_Ace
post Dec 10 2011, 09:09 PM

Casual

Hey guys noob here wta now I'm using maxis prepaid and if I buy a iPad and want to use prepaid Internet I have to buy a sim card with a different number for iPad izzit?? Can someone pls explain to me how this prepaid thing work for iPad???
Sry for noob question might be getting iPad soon for Internet use and I really hate going to maxis centre to ask those useless bums anything all very unfriendly & not helpfull at all I'm talking about maxis mid valley dunno about others. Really shocking at a big name like maxis have sh@t quality control..

This post has been edited by Double_Ace: Dec 10 2011, 09:19 PM
+Quote Post
FADIL FLHR
post Dec 15 2011, 03:48 AM

<ThE LegenD KilleR>

How to active prepaid broadband on ipad 2???
Got any app to active it???
+Quote Post
arsnl
post Dec 15 2011, 01:49 PM

Casual

Bought a Maxis Prepaid Broadband for my iPad 2.. for non prepaid user like me, it's was a bit tricky to start.. After u bought the starter kit, need to slot in phone and change the usage type for sim to data/broadband.. if not mistaken, the card will be strictly for data use only after u do this.. after get the confirmation sms, only u take it out n place it in your iPad and fly.. any queries, best call Hotlink hotline..

This post has been edited by arsnl: Dec 15 2011, 01:49 PM
+Quote Post
candlelittle
post Dec 18 2011, 08:00 AM

Getting Started

Use celcom skmm prepaid internet. Really wort it. Unlimited plus up to 384 kbps speed. Its Wow!
+Quote Post
min ck
post Dec 18 2011, 03:35 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(candlelittle @ Dec 18 2011, 08:00 AM)
Use celcom skmm prepaid internet. Really wort it. Unlimited plus up to 384 kbps speed. Its Wow!
eh, bro, already bought? drool.gif
+Quote Post
candlelittle
post Dec 19 2011, 04:13 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(min ck @ Dec 18 2011, 03:35 PM)
eh, bro, already bought?  drool.gif
My friend use it on ipad 2. Really like it. But i have to wait since got no ipad. Want to use it on iphone but cant call le if use skmm. Sadlyy.
+Quote Post
jack2
post Dec 19 2011, 08:43 AM

Banned

QUOTE(tripelw @ Nov 19 2011, 08:09 PM)
why wanna use celcom SKMM while you can use umobile at 28 per month plus free 100sms and 30 minutes calls?
+Quote Post
candlelittle
post Dec 19 2011, 09:20 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jack2 @ Dec 19 2011, 08:43 AM)
why wanna use celcom SKMM while you can use umobile at 28 per month plus free 100sms and 30 minutes calls?
U mobile got coverage problem right. Celcom better coverage than u mobile. Only certain city u got high speed.
+Quote Post
min ck
post Dec 19 2011, 10:55 AM

Getting Started

celcom 3g coverage is better than umobile right? umobile is good for those who want all in one plan, data+voice.. like my celcom skmm, i used it for my laptop, ipad n etc..
+Quote Post
epo
post Dec 19 2011, 04:02 PM

Enthusiast

maybe they're not from KL, PG, IPOH, JB, SBN area... that's why they choose celcom...
+Quote Post
candlelittle
post Dec 19 2011, 04:55 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(epo @ Dec 19 2011, 04:02 PM)
maybe they're not from KL, PG, IPOH, JB, SBN area... that's why they choose celcom...
Its not like that. If u go outstation for a week or 2 weeks. What would happen lol. Btw got people using u mobile say after trial, the speed change. Marketing strategy. Haha
+Quote Post
PaEsch4tz
post Dec 21 2011, 08:33 AM

Getting Started

Celcom skmm or u mobile will do.
+Quote Post
liverpool red
post Dec 21 2011, 08:53 AM

I see stars

QUOTE(candlelittle @ Dec 19 2011, 05:55 PM)
Its not like that. If u go outstation for a week or 2 weeks. What would happen lol. Btw got people using u mobile say after trial, the speed change. Marketing strategy. Haha
is it? im using umobile via their mifi.. ok so far, even after 7 days trial period. Using in seremban but i must say there are places in seremban still dont have 3g signal.
+Quote Post
epo
post Dec 21 2011, 09:59 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(candlelittle @ Dec 19 2011, 04:55 PM)
Go outstation switch to Hotlink new internet plan sim card... wink.gif
After trial speed change? At least not applicable to me after 4 mths with their mobile prepaid. However I prefer people stay away from umobile to reduce heavy traffic... Hahaha...
+Quote Post
PaEsch4tz
post Dec 22 2011, 06:11 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(epo @ Dec 21 2011, 09:59 AM)
Go outstation switch to Hotlink new internet plan sim card... wink.gif
After trial speed change? At least not applicable to me after 4 mths with their mobile prepaid. However I prefer people stay away from umobile to reduce heavy traffic... Hahaha...
Some people got speed change after trial. Even in 3g area.
+Quote Post
saddizdd7
post Dec 30 2011, 12:13 AM

Getting Started

In my case, i am traveller, most of the time working near Malaysia Border area. I am using Celcom Instranet which is prepaid broadband, same price with other celcom prepaid plan Rm18 7 days or Rm50 for monthly,usually the coverage is good but here in Rantau Panjang Kelantan only get GPRS :doh:
+Quote Post
hitokai
post Dec 31 2011, 07:00 PM

Getting Started

hey guys, i spend most of my time in pahang and weekend in KL ... any prepaid plan that i shud get? or there is a postpaid plan avail too?
+Quote Post
realone
post Dec 31 2011, 07:42 PM

Enthusiast

Hotlink internet prepaid not bad.
+Quote Post
lepatz_81
post Jan 1 2012, 10:53 AM

Getting Started

I have try umobile package rm28 monthly
And now try celcom rm25 monthly

Speed: celcom win

Umobile wat i like is i can online at singapore but the charge are expensive.
I topup rm20 then suddenly rm20 finish.
Ony open facebook!

My area: johor
+Quote Post
shawn87
post Jan 3 2012, 05:13 PM

Joined Today

QUOTE(lepatz_81 @ Jan 1 2012, 10:53 AM)
I have try umobile package rm28 monthly
And now try celcom rm25 monthly

Speed: celcom win

Umobile wat i like is i can online at singapore but the charge are expensive.
I topup rm20 then suddenly rm20 finish.
Ony open facebook!
My area: johor
Celcom is definitely the winner . Mine is skmm rm25 per month.. Speed up to 1.5 n still no throttle after 2gb download. Umobile they throttle after 50omb right?
+Quote Post
ekyanie
post Jan 6 2012, 01:03 AM

Getting Started

How to setup skmm celcom broadband in ipad 2?i want to activate it,but when i open message,it appear as imessage n no 28882 is not recognized by imessage.can anybody help me....
+Quote Post
lepatz_81
post Jan 6 2012, 02:18 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ekyanie @ Jan 6 2012, 01:03 AM)
How to setup skmm celcom broadband in ipad 2?i want to activate it,but when i open message,it appear as imessage n no 28882 is not recognized by imessage.can anybody help me....
1st : Go Register your simcard at celcom center or any kedai henpon.
2nd : Open your sim at any phone (eg: iphone, nokia ) EXCEPT your ipad.
3rd : Follow instruction write at the simcard packaging.
4th : U will receive sms by celcom tell that ya' sim ready to online.
5th : Put ya simcard back to ya' ipad !
Done !!
+Quote Post
ekyanie
post Jan 6 2012, 06:10 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lepatz_81 @ Jan 6 2012, 02:18 AM)
1st : Go Register your simcard at celcom center or any kedai henpon.
2nd : Open your sim at any phone (eg: iphone, nokia ) EXCEPT your ipad.
3rd : Follow instruction write at the simcard packaging.
4th : U will receive sms by celcom tell that ya' sim ready to online.
5th : Put ya simcard back to ya' ipad !
Done !!
Dah buat dah.tq for the steps.tp kn,mmg xbley tros online eh?
+Quote Post
lepatz_81
post Jan 6 2012, 09:49 PM

Getting Started

X blh on9?
Meaning?
Skang u x boleh on9 kat ipad ke?
Aritu saya buat boleh..
Pasang je simkad trus boleh.
Make sure ada tulis 3g kat atas tu key.
+Quote Post
creep
post Jan 7 2012, 02:54 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ekyanie @ Jan 6 2012, 06:10 AM)
Dah buat dah.tq for the steps.tp kn,mmg xbley tros online eh?
kat APN tu letak celcom3g....lain biar kosong.....pastu on je la cellular data tu
+Quote Post
mr11
post Jan 12 2012, 01:36 PM

Enthusiast

How to enable SMS in iPad 2? I wish to activate / renew my skmm pack but have to pull it out =(
+Quote Post
suicai99
post Jan 13 2012, 02:04 PM

If your ipad2 is jailbroken, try swirlysms.
+Quote Post
mr11
post Jan 13 2012, 04:19 PM

Enthusiast

Too bad it is not jailbroken yet =(
+Quote Post
suicai99
post Jan 14 2012, 12:13 PM

If its not jb, then u cant use any sms solution in the ipad itself. Blame apple for restricting and controling the way u wana use your device. Either plug out sim card or use other topup mehods lor.

Meanwhile do update to ios5.0.1 and wait or untether jb, hopeully soon.
+Quote Post
McRyan
post Apr 23 2012, 01:00 PM

On my way

what is speed capped for maxis ipad plan after quota exceed?
+Quote Post
KuLi
post Apr 23 2012, 01:36 PM

You won't like me when I'm angry

QUOTE(McRyan @ Apr 23 2012, 01:00 PM)
what is speed capped for maxis ipad plan after quota exceed?
this info is available in their website.
dun be a sorhai and expect to be spoon-fed like an idiot.

+Quote Post
McRyan
post Apr 23 2012, 10:59 PM

On my way

QUOTE(KuLi @ Apr 23 2012, 01:36 PM)
this info is available in their website.
dun be a sorhai and expect to be spoon-fed like an idiot.
for digi, it is 128kbps.. but for maxis, it is not written there!
pls think twice before u speak, tq...
+Quote Post
KuLi
post Apr 23 2012, 11:10 PM

QUOTE(McRyan @ Apr 23 2012, 10:59 PM)
for digi, it is 128kbps.. but for maxis, it is not written there!
pls think twice before u speak, tq...
U really are a dim one, aren't u?

user posted image

Read points 7 & 11.

L I n k
+Quote Post
McRyan
post Apr 23 2012, 11:46 PM

On my way

QUOTE(KuLi @ Apr 23 2012, 11:10 PM)
U really are a dim one, aren't u?

user posted image

Read points 7 & 11.

L I n k
u should go to maxis ipad plan instead of this one.
It is not written in ipad plan there, try to have a look, tq.
+Quote Post
ozak
post Apr 24 2012, 12:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Tumpang asking. Got my new iPad with 4g. Is there any data plan that won't expire or forbid the remaining even haven't use up? Or need to topup every month?

My habit usage probably is, most of the time, I won't need 3G and using wifi in city. But when go out of place, I will use 3G. The habit very randomly. Probably whole month not even touch the 3G.

Any telco will do. Any suggestion or idea?
+Quote Post
KuLi
post Apr 24 2012, 12:30 AM

QUOTE(McRyan @ Apr 23 2012, 11:46 PM)
u should go to maxis ipad plan instead of this one.
It is not written in ipad plan there, try to have a look, tq.
Why wld it be any different?

Gawwshhh!
+Quote Post
McRyan
post Apr 24 2012, 12:32 AM

On my way

QUOTE(KuLi @ Apr 24 2012, 12:30 AM)
Why wld it be any different?

Gawwshhh!
Take a look. The answer is just right there
+Quote Post
DarkNite
post Apr 24 2012, 07:45 AM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ

QUOTE(ozak @ Apr 24 2012, 12:02 AM)
Tumpang asking. Got my new iPad with 4g. Is there any data plan that won't expire or forbid the remaining even haven't use up? Or need to topup every month?

My habit usage probably is, most of the time, I won't need 3G and using wifi in city. But when go out of place, I will use 3G. The habit very randomly. Probably whole month not even touch the 3G.

Any telco will do. Any suggestion or idea?
Buy Digi Limited Edition prepaid RM25, preloaded with 5 days Internet Access.
Top up as necessary. About RM5 per day to RM100 for 100 days.
Account life is 90days before needing to top up.
See here for more details plus T&C >> http://www.digi.com.my/Broadband/LimitedEd...paidInternet.do
+Quote Post
ozak
post Apr 24 2012, 08:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Apr 24 2012, 07:45 AM)
See here for more details plus T&C >> http://www.digi.com.my/Broadband/LimitedEd...paidInternet.do
Thanks DarkNite. Will check it out. I m totally noob in all this telco package. Too many make me rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
DarkNite
post Apr 24 2012, 09:51 AM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ

QUOTE(ozak @ Apr 24 2012, 08:53 AM)
Thanks DarkNite. Will check it out. I m totally noob in all this telco package. Too many make me rclxub.gif
err... I forgot to mention you also need to check the telco signal in the locations you frequently at.
now I have 2 - uMobile and digi discovery day.
I got uMobile cos of work but its coverage is not so good, so it ends up in my phone as second sim.
+Quote Post
ozak
post Apr 24 2012, 10:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Apr 24 2012, 09:51 AM)
err... I forgot to mention you also need to check the telco signal in the locations you frequently at.
now I have 2 - uMobile and digi discovery day.
I got uMobile cos of work but its coverage is not so good, so it ends up in my phone as second sim.
But if the place I going is uncertain or anywhere, would that be rclxub.gif ? How am I check the signal without get 1 first?

Is Umobile have a similiar package as digi?

By the way, the digi package write "•Preloaded with 5 days Internet Access" and "limited 3GB data". Is this mean:
- Have to use up 5day straight ?
- If I start use that day, start at 0000hr is consider 1day. Next day if I don't use, still left 4day?
- With 1 come first, either finish up 5day or use up 3GB? Is that mean.
+Quote Post
hlng08
post Apr 24 2012, 11:11 AM

Group: New Member

I'm using the maxis skmm simpack now, 25 dollors per month for 700 mb. The speed is quite decent to me, around 4-5 mbps at night and even more faster during day time. The reason why i choose maxis is b'coz of their coverage, i used to be a digi 3g broadband subscriber, but if u need to take ur ipad with u everywhere, digi seems not a very good choice

+Quote Post
rozaini_aimar
post Apr 24 2012, 11:23 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hlng08 @ Apr 24 2012, 11:11 AM)
I'm using the maxis skmm simpack now, 25 dollors per month for 700 mb. The speed is quite decent to me, around 4-5 mbps at night and even more faster during day time. The reason why i choose maxis is b'coz of their coverage, i used to be a digi 3g broadband subscriber, but if u need to take ur ipad with u everywhere, digi seems not a very good choice
the maxis skmm is micro sim card? or u cut it by urself bro?
i'm also want this maxis skmm..
+Quote Post
hlng08
post Apr 24 2012, 11:28 AM

QUOTE(rozaini_aimar @ Apr 24 2012, 11:23 AM)
the maxis skmm is micro sim card? or u cut it by urself bro?
i'm also want this maxis skmm..
No, just a normal sim card. U need to cut it urself. I hv a microsim cutter with me tongue.gif
Maybe u can ask the seller to cut it for u?
+Quote Post
ozak
post Apr 24 2012, 11:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(hlng08 @ Apr 24 2012, 11:11 AM)
Is your plan suit my this kind of usage?

My usage is very random, less and uncertain. My everyday live, i don't need 3g as wifi everwhere in city. So I can switch it off the 3G and use wifi. Than this weekend I have to follow my wife go back hometown where wifi is rare. So I switch it on the 3G and start to use. 2day later, I comeback home and I off the 3G again and use WIFI.

And probably 2-3month I don't use 3G at all. Unless I travel out.
+Quote Post
idoblu
post Apr 24 2012, 12:29 PM

Stars For Sale

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Apr 24 2012, 07:45 AM)
crap plan shakehead.gif
+Quote Post
DarkNite
post Apr 24 2012, 12:43 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ

QUOTE(ozak @ Apr 24 2012, 10:11 AM)
But if the place I going is uncertain or anywhere, would that be  rclxub.gif ? How am I check the signal without get 1 first?

Is Umobile have a similiar package as digi?

By the way, the digi package write "•Preloaded with 5 days Internet Access" and "limited 3GB data". Is this mean:
- Have to use up 5day straight ? Yes 5 days continuous
- If I start use that day, start at 0000hr is consider 1day. Next day if I don't use, still left 4day?
- With 1 come first, either finish up 5day or use up 3GB? Is that mean. yes

Added on April 24, 2012, 1:00 pmInfo for
Maxis SKMM Broadband Simpack

Package includes:
- 1 unit Maxis SKMM Prepaid Internet SIM pack + REGISTER
Sim card need to ask ppl to cut, may void warranty of ipad.
Need to ask ppl to register.

MAXIS BROADBAND SKMM RM25 BULANAN
- tiada bil
- tiada kontrak
- boleh topup di mana saja
- tiada yuran pendaftaran
- tiada had umur

Access : 30 Days
Quota : 700 MB per month
- which ever comes 1st.
---
Top-Up Fee :
* 1 Day Pass - RM2 (100MB)
* 5 Days Pass - RM10 (500MB)
* 30 Days Pass - RM25 (700MB)

This post has been edited by DarkNite: Apr 24 2012, 01:00 PM
+Quote Post
drcro
post Apr 24 2012, 01:19 PM

Hi, can we reload maxis skmm without pull out the sim card from iPad?
+Quote Post
ozak
post Apr 24 2012, 01:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Apr 24 2012, 12:43 PM)

Package includes:

- tiada bil
- tiada kontrak
- tiada had umur

- which ever comes 1st.
---
Top-Up Fee :
This 1 sound better than digi. But can't find this package in maxis for further checking.

What it mean "Access :30days" when another term write "tiada had umur" ?
+Quote Post
DarkNite
post Apr 24 2012, 01:34 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ

QUOTE(ozak @ Apr 24 2012, 01:20 PM)
This 1 sound better than digi. But can't find this package in maxis for further checking.

What it mean "Access :30days" when another term write "tiada had umur" ?
you can access for 30day or 700mb which ever comes first.
+Quote Post
ozak
post Apr 24 2012, 01:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Apr 24 2012, 01:34 PM)
you can access for 30day or 700mb which ever comes first.
Possible if can't finish it up and carried forward next month? Or forbid?
+Quote Post
DarkNite
post Apr 24 2012, 01:54 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ

QUOTE(ozak @ Apr 24 2012, 01:50 PM)
Possible if can't finish it up and carried forward next month? Or forbid?
30 days if not use or left over is burnt
700mb if not use or left over is burnt
which ever comes 1st.
+Quote Post
fhyzal garcia
post Apr 24 2012, 04:56 PM

QUOTE(arie9919 @ Nov 16 2011, 06:35 PM)
go for postpaid la kawan
+Quote Post
ozak
post Apr 24 2012, 05:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Apr 24 2012, 01:54 PM)
30 days if not use or left over is burnt
700mb if not use or left over is burnt
which ever comes 1st.
Alamak, back to square.
+Quote Post
yiyibrowers
post Apr 25 2012, 01:06 AM

Enthusiast

I been thinking to take the broadband maxis package since they is the lowest package for low usage of data... They say no longer have the multi sim and I couldnt enjoy the unlimited data package for company de... So far any1 had tried exceed the quota? how was the speed?
+Quote Post
rozaini_aimar
post Apr 25 2012, 03:11 PM

Getting Started

anyone use umobile U28 plan for the new ipad? can give some feedback?
+Quote Post
qqbill
post Apr 26 2012, 09:14 AM

Getting Started

Wats the prepaid umobile MB15 after reaching 500mb quota?
+Quote Post
micgil
post Apr 26 2012, 11:44 AM

Anyone tried the hot spot feature in new iPad? Doesn't seems to be able to work. It works on my iPhone 4 but when I use my SIM on iPad, the hot spot feature didn't appear even after trying to do like what some ppl said teach on the net. I'm using Digi by the way.

Sorry, found a thread talking bout this. Thanks! smile.gif

This post has been edited by micgil: Apr 26 2012, 11:46 AM
+Quote Post
DarkNite
post Apr 26 2012, 12:00 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ

QUOTE(rozaini_aimar @ Apr 25 2012, 03:11 PM)
anyone use umobile U28 plan for the new ipad? can give some feedback?
Ok but Penang's coverage not as good as others.
+Quote Post
yeeyangyang
post Apr 26 2012, 11:10 PM

i personally suggest YES 4G:

RM48/month with data usage up to 1.5GB
RM68/month with data usage up to 4GB
RM98/month with data usage up to 6GB
RM168/month with data usage up to 10GB

*The speed is as fast as 20Mbps
*Free huddle (a type of portable wifi with can connect up to 4 device as once) with commitment 24 months for any plan.

So think about it, no matter your ipad, ipad2 or newipad..even if your ipad don't have 4G (only wifi), you still can using this YES 4G because you are connecting your ipad to huddle USING WIFI
+Quote Post
JAYworm
post May 7 2012, 04:19 PM

Regular

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Apr 24 2012, 12:43 PM)

Package includes:

- tiada bil
- tiada kontrak
- tiada had umur

- which ever comes 1st.
---
Top-Up Fee :

Whats the market price this starter pack?
+Quote Post
christcwl9
post May 7 2012, 04:28 PM

^ Chemical Engineer ^
Group Icon
Group: Probationary Moderator

I am using Hotlink RM68 for 3GB data plan. smile.gif
+Quote Post
victorwan
post May 7 2012, 04:33 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(christcwl9 @ May 7 2012, 04:28 PM)
What is the speed for this package?
+Quote Post
JAYworm
post May 7 2012, 04:44 PM

Regular

QUOTE(christcwl9 @ May 7 2012, 04:28 PM)
Is it prepaid?
+Quote Post
christcwl9
post May 7 2012, 04:45 PM

^ Chemical Engineer ^
Group Icon

QUOTE(JAYworm @ May 7 2012, 04:44 PM)
Is it prepaid?
Yea Hotlink aka Maxis Prepaid biggrin.gif

Some more it is auto renewal monthly haha
+Quote Post
JAYworm
post May 7 2012, 05:28 PM

Regular

QUOTE(christcwl9 @ May 7 2012, 04:45 PM)
Yea Hotlink aka Maxis Prepaid  biggrin.gif

Lol i just register maxis ipad plan which is rm70 for 3.5g data.
And now i reply using it. rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
christcwl9
post May 7 2012, 05:39 PM

^ Chemical Engineer ^
Group Icon

QUOTE(JAYworm @ May 7 2012, 05:28 PM)
Lol i just register maxis ipad plan which is rm70 for 3.5g data.
And now i reply using it. rclxms.gif
Cool rclxms.gif BTW, tied to any contract ? WIll they charge after over quota ? My RM68 for 3GB only while your RM70 for 3.5GB cry.gif LOL
+Quote Post
JAYworm
post May 7 2012, 05:50 PM

Regular

QUOTE(christcwl9 @ May 7 2012, 05:39 PM)
Cool  rclxms.gif  BTW, tied to any contract ? WIll they charge after over quota ? My RM68 for 3GB only while your RM70 for 3.5GB  cry.gif  LOL
Yeap, but i dont think i can even finish the quota, my phone just using 500mb and its more than enough for me (whatsapp, google map or very light surfing only), but i think ipad require more bandwidth capacity since it open desktop version site. This maxis ipad plan dont have any contract so i can terminate anytime if i found out doesnt need such big quota.
+Quote Post
Secret Hunter
post May 7 2012, 06:38 PM

Getting Started

y dun take skmm maxis + vpn? rm25 + rm10-20 per month?
+Quote Post
christcwl9
post May 7 2012, 07:03 PM

^ Chemical Engineer ^
Group Icon

QUOTE(JAYworm @ May 7 2012, 05:50 PM)
Yeap, but i dont think i can even finish the quota, my phone just using 500mb and its more than enough for me (whatsapp, google map or very light surfing only), but i think ipad require more bandwidth capacity since it open desktop version site. This maxis ipad plan dont have any contract so i can terminate anytime if i found out doesnt need such big quota.
Oic, will they charge after exceeding quota?
+Quote Post
JAYworm
post May 7 2012, 09:56 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Secret Hunter @ May 7 2012, 06:38 PM)
Me? No harm for trying since no contract on it, can terminate anytime.

QUOTE(christcwl9 @ May 7 2012, 07:03 PM)
Oic, will they charge after exceeding quota?
no sure.... I know this could be very dangerous especially on maxis sweat.gif
+Quote Post
LaskarCinta
post May 8 2012, 04:48 AM

?

QUOTE(christcwl9 @ May 7 2012, 04:45 PM)
Yea Hotlink aka Maxis Prepaid  biggrin.gif

UMobile prepaid internet RM28 is auto renewal too.

Unlimited sumore.
+Quote Post
christcwl9
post May 8 2012, 11:24 AM

^ Chemical Engineer ^
Group Icon

QUOTE(JAYworm @ May 7 2012, 09:56 PM)
Me?  No harm for trying since no contract on it,  can terminate anytime.
no sure.... I know this could be very dangerous especially on maxis sweat.gif
Yea, Maxis is $$ Suxxer doh.gif
+Quote Post
TangChristo
post May 8 2012, 11:35 AM

Getting Started

Guys, just wondering is it possible to use my iPhone umobile prepaid sim on my iPad ?
I've already subscribe to the unlimited mobile Internet plan already on my iPhone.
+Quote Post
christcwl9
post May 8 2012, 11:47 AM

^ Chemical Engineer ^
Group Icon

QUOTE(TangChristo @ May 8 2012, 11:35 AM)
Guys, just wondering is it possible to use my iPhone umobile prepaid sim on my iPad ?
I've already subscribe to the unlimited mobile Internet plan already on my iPhone.
Why not ? tongue.gif It is just you will lose the money if your plan consist of Monthly calls and texts
+Quote Post
TangChristo
post May 8 2012, 11:58 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(christcwl9 @ May 8 2012, 11:47 AM)
Why not ?  tongue.gif  It is just you will lose the money if your plan consist of Monthly calls and texts
Haha, true that. Course iPad can't make calls

Just curious how do I topup my umobile prepaid on my iPad? and activating the unlimited data plan? Since theres no phone app button on the iPad?
+Quote Post
christcwl9
post May 8 2012, 12:03 PM

^ Chemical Engineer ^
Group Icon

QUOTE(TangChristo @ May 8 2012, 11:58 AM)
Haha, true that. Course iPad can't make calls

Just curious how do I topup my umobile prepaid on my iPad? and activating the unlimited data plan? Since theres no phone app button on the iPad?
I heard that UMobile that package also auto renewal every month ? You should check with Umobile.

To top up, simply use CIMB Clicks, or go to any phone shop ask them directly top up for the number smile.gif
+Quote Post
shawn87
post May 9 2012, 03:00 PM

Joined Today

may i know is the moonlight vpn for ipad is new? i;ve asked around last month they said not available yet.. anyone is using now? any positive feedback?
+Quote Post
TangChristo
post May 10 2012, 09:09 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(christcwl9 @ May 8 2012, 12:03 PM)
I heard that UMobile that package also auto renewal every month ? You should check with Umobile.

To top up, simply use CIMB Clicks, or go to any phone shop ask them directly top up for the number smile.gif
But what if I want to subscribe for a day or maybe just a week for vacation?

I have to poke out the sim from my iPad and topup on a cell phone?

If I go to a shop and I ask the sales person to directly topup onto my number. Can I subscribe the daily/weekly mobile internet on my iPad? or I have to us a cell phone to subscribe? Since iPad can't dail *118# to subscribe..

If someone can clarify this, I gladly appreciate it. icon_question.gif
+Quote Post
sapik900906
post May 13 2012, 02:46 AM

Getting Started

ipad also support ar this thing???
+Quote Post
shawn87
post May 14 2012, 12:22 AM

Joined Today

QUOTE(sapik900906 @ May 13 2012, 02:46 AM)
ipad also support ar this thing???
Yes they do.. But must jailbreak your iPad first
+Quote Post
sapik900906
post May 15 2012, 01:19 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(shawn87 @ May 14 2012, 12:22 AM)
Yes they do.. But must jailbreak your iPad first
mind to share more on detail about how to setting it? hehehe blush.gif
+Quote Post
WanMya
post May 15 2012, 01:55 AM

Casual

QUOTE(LaskarCinta @ May 8 2012, 04:48 AM)
UMobile prepaid internet RM28 is auto renewal too.

Unlimited sumore.
How to get this package? Buy the prepaid simcard ... Then?
+Quote Post
EatMe
post May 15 2012, 03:26 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(WanMya @ May 15 2012, 01:55 AM)
How to get this package? Buy the prepaid simcard ... Then?
1. Put the prepaid SIM on a phone. Dial *118#
2. Select "Mobile Services" (not UMobile Broadband)
3. Select "Unlimited Mobile Internet"
4. It will tell "Unlimited Internet RM28, Free 100 minutes and 30 SMS". Select "Subscribe"
5. Check status of subscription. Once activated, put the SIM into the iPad.
6. Make sure to top up RM28 each month. Account will be automatically deducted.

UMobile
+Quote Post
victorwan
post May 15 2012, 09:57 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(EatMe @ May 15 2012, 03:26 AM)
1. Put the prepaid SIM on a phone. Dial *118#
2. Select "Mobile Services" (not UMobile Broadband)
3. Select "Unlimited Mobile Internet"
4. It will tell "Unlimited Internet RM28, Free 100 minutes and 30 SMS". Select "Subscribe"
5. Check status of subscription. Once activated, put the SIM into the iPad.
6. Make sure to top up RM28 each month. Account will be automatically deducted.

UMobile
Can top up using CIMB Click Internet banking???
+Quote Post
sapik900906
post May 15 2012, 12:08 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(victorwan @ May 15 2012, 09:57 AM)
Can top up using CIMB Click Internet banking???
from my experience, when buying top up using cimbclicks, they will sent topup pin number.. so u need to sent sms for top up also..correct me if i'm wrong..
+Quote Post
JuhariS
post May 15 2012, 12:37 PM

Bro hunter, i heard that u need to jb ur ipad then only can use vpn? Is this true..

Added on May 15, 2012, 12:40 pmBtw im using maxis prepaid bb right now on my new ipad.. Speed is awesooome compared to digi and celcom... Imagine 3-5 mpbs compared to 0.7 mbps

Actually u can just buy the hotlink bagus prepaid at rm5 then change the prepaid setting to bb.. Then topup using hot ticket internet 20 per week 2 gb
Or purchase the prepaid bb after topup...

This post has been edited by JuhariS: May 15 2012, 12:40 PM
+Quote Post
victorwan
post May 15 2012, 12:43 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sapik900906 @ May 15 2012, 12:08 PM)
from my experience, when buying top up using cimbclicks, they will sent topup pin number.. so u need to sent sms for top up also..correct me if i'm wrong..
But in CIMB clicks, there is no Umobile top up for RM28. They have RM10, RM30, RM50 etc. Then if top up RM30, what about the additional RM2 ???

+Quote Post
yankiat
post May 15 2012, 12:45 PM

Cameraman Wannabe

I regretted buying iPad without 3G...
Is there any ways that I can use my iPhone as router so that I can surf using iPad?

I tried enabling hotspot and pair using Bluetooth. Connection established but iPad still can't load the page.

I'm using iPad2 and iPhone 3GS. Both not jailbreak and my iPhone is updated with latest iOS. I'm using digi.

Any advice?
+Quote Post
christcwl9
post May 15 2012, 12:46 PM

^ Chemical Engineer ^
Group Icon

QUOTE(victorwan @ May 15 2012, 12:43 PM)
But in CIMB clicks, there is no Umobile top up for RM28. They have RM10, RM30, RM50 etc. Then if top up RM30, what about the additional RM2 ???
Save it for next time tongue.gif
+Quote Post
sapik900906
post May 16 2012, 12:12 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(christcwl9 @ May 15 2012, 12:46 PM)
Save it for next time  tongue.gif
ya... it will save into ur account! hehe
+Quote Post
EatMe
post May 16 2012, 04:00 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(yankiat @ May 15 2012, 12:45 PM)
I regretted buying iPad without 3G...
Is there any ways that I can use my iPhone as router so that I can surf using iPad?

I tried enabling hotspot and pair using Bluetooth. Connection established but iPad still can't load the page.

I'm using iPad2 and iPhone 3GS. Both not jailbreak and my iPhone is updated with latest iOS. I'm using digi.

Any advice?
Try Personal Hotspot on WiFi. Your iPhone will act as wifi router.

This post has been edited by EatMe: May 16 2012, 04:08 AM
+Quote Post
yankiat
post May 16 2012, 09:50 AM

Cameraman Wannabe

QUOTE(EatMe @ May 16 2012, 04:00 AM)
Try Personal Hotspot on WiFi. Your iPhone will act as wifi router.
No wifi option for me. Only via USB or Bluetooth it shows...
+Quote Post
sapik900906
post May 17 2012, 12:47 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(yankiat @ May 16 2012, 09:50 AM)
No wifi option for me. Only via USB or Bluetooth it shows...
tethering also cannot?
+Quote Post
yankiat
post May 17 2012, 12:51 AM

Cameraman Wannabe

QUOTE(sapik900906 @ May 17 2012, 12:47 AM)
tethering also cannot?
You mean via pc? I never tried tethering to pc.
+Quote Post
sapik900906
post May 17 2012, 12:55 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(yankiat @ May 17 2012, 12:51 AM)
You mean via pc? I never tried tethering to pc.
via ur phone?
+Quote Post
arep3838
post May 18 2012, 06:00 PM

Use Maxis SKMM simcard. Just RM25 per month (700MB). PM me if anyone interested smile.gif
+Quote Post
Bear2bear
post May 19 2012, 12:40 PM

Getting Started

Tumpang. Let said I reload rm30 for maxis prepaid iPad plan, then I subscribe rm25 for 7 days. So balance is rm5 rite. So after due date, what happen to my balance izzit still inside the account or boh Liao?
+Quote Post
christcwl9
post May 19 2012, 09:26 PM

^ Chemical Engineer ^
Group Icon

Guys, any Celcom prepaid plan for ipad ?
+Quote Post
shawn87
post May 20 2012, 11:04 PM

Joined Today

QUOTE(christcwl9 @ May 19 2012, 09:26 PM)
Guys, any Celcom prepaid plan for ipad ?
any will do.. just cut into microsim.. thats it
+Quote Post
xaiemanx
post May 22 2012, 12:20 AM

Quadruple OS User

JB area use celcom better (especially those in UTM,skudai)..i use my broadband sim in my new ipad/ipad3 smile.gif

Added on May 22, 2012, 10:31 amUse celcom skmm really slow or not?? If slow like a G6,i'll cancel my plan to buy it sad.gif

This post has been edited by xaiemanx: May 22 2012, 10:31 AM
+Quote Post
lilyth
post May 28 2012, 07:45 PM

Guys,

I have ipad 2 with 3g but never try for 3g. Im looking fo prepaid Data plans for ipad. Which plan and telco can offer me with good signal, speed and cheap. Please recommend to me. Me at Kuantan anyway.
+Quote Post
raytung
post Feb 4 2013, 03:36 PM

I'm just brought ipad.wanna used celcom skmm but the problem is when I want to subsribe the package.time for topup so easy using atm or online.so when to subsribe need to send sms.I need to change sim put on the phone.if there any option would be use no need to pull out the sim.
+Quote Post
winkiedilwy
post Feb 5 2013, 09:15 AM

Dem stars.

I used umobile rm28 prepaid, every time gotta remove the SIM card to topup...
+Quote Post
raytung
post Feb 5 2013, 09:33 AM

That is the prob..if can subsribe on web is better
+Quote Post
kongming
post Feb 23 2013, 07:59 PM

Enthusiast

Maxis is good.
Reload from the online banking with telephone number. No need pulls out the SIM card.
RM30 for 30 days activation.
Please read the broucher along with the SIM card.
Can run streaming in 3G area( Kuala Lumpur ).

This post has been edited by kongming: Feb 23 2013, 08:00 PM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1930sec    2.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 01:49 PM