Forum Announcement

Please keep your account's email current. http://lowy.at/chgEmail

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> JPJ Inquiry Here, Endorsement Issue, Summons, Etc

views

anup.vicky4u
post May 25 2021, 01:08 PM

1 posts

Hi all , i did my car ownership transfer today morning itself so might be able to share my inputs here . I am an expat here and planned to sell my old car and used carsome platform for the same. here is the steps followed to get it done without any hassle and in quick way.

1.Carsome inspector allocated a date and time to visit and view my car at my place and did all necessary test drive , detailed check on each inside and outside component along with photos.

2.Next day i got a call from carsome that the offer price is XXXX and i agreed (it was within my estimated budget..haha)

3.Before ownership transfer one of the important document is the B5 report (puspakom) so i allocated runner for myself and he took the key from my place and drove to puspakom and did the task (cost was 150 RM total inclusive of the puspakom fee of 30+ RM)

4.Carsome called and booked my appointment to meet the carsome guy next day i.e. today 10am at my preferred JPJ location , i informed them cheras JPJ and it was confirmed between both of us.

5.I reached today 10 am at JPJ , the carsome agent was already at JPJ with token and did all paperwork alongwith me including signing the ownership transfer form and thumbprint and paid 100RM there for JPJ fees thats it. This whole process took 1 hours and i handed over my keys and got the amount transferred to my bank already before i left the place.

I saw some comment earlier saying that for expat need to show flight ticket and also somewhere mentioned that for expat the ownership transfer only to be done at main JPJ center and not UTC(branch location) but in may case it was smooth and may also be due to the presence of carsome agent (since they deal with this thing almost on regular basis) smile.gif
ZzZzz...
post Jun 10 2021, 03:45 PM

Art of Sleeping
1,525 posts

hi sifu,

recently bought a new car, still sitting at the Dealer branch..

due to FMCO not able to register car ownership in JPJ office...

is there online registration process for this???

or have to wait till end of FMCO, probably end of June...

electron
post Jun 10 2021, 03:55 PM

Regular
1,318 posts

QUOTE(ZzZzz... @ Jun 10 2021, 03:45 PM)
hi sifu,

recently bought a new car, still sitting at the Dealer branch..

due to FMCO not able to register car ownership in JPJ office...

is there online registration process for this???

or have to wait till end of FMCO, probably end of June...
Doubt it can be done. Can't find such option on mysikap.

I know one case where the vehicle ownership cert is already issued but due to insurance delay, the road tax wasn't done on the same day as the registration to JPJ and then MCO came.
Can't even get road tax from mysikap or MyEG cos the road tax type is not in the system yet and had to be done at JPJ for the first road tax.

By the way, is the dealer even open?

ZzZzz...
post Jun 10 2021, 04:08 PM

Art of Sleeping
1,525 posts

QUOTE(electron @ Jun 10 2021, 03:55 PM)
Doubt it can be done. Can't find such option on mysikap.

I know one case where the vehicle ownership cert is already issued but due to insurance delay, the road tax wasn't done on the same day as the registration to JPJ and then MCO came.
Can't even get road tax from mysikap or MyEG cos the road tax type is not in the system yet and had to be done at JPJ for the first road tax.

By the way, is the dealer even open?
ya, cant find such way online method or workaround method

yes, dealer is partial open
but showroom is closed, only limited to the workshop and finance office
erasergate
post Jun 15 2021, 12:37 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

Hi..

I'm planning to buy a car from a friend but we both don't have any idea on how to transfer ownership.

1. On JPJ website, it said that in order to transfer, new owner should have his/her own insurance.

My question is, how can I get an insurance if the car still not mine?

2. Is PUSPAKOM really a requirement? Or we can go directly to JPJ since the car is fully paid already buy the owner.

3. What is the most efficient way for PUSPAKOM? those who experienced transfer for the past weeks? Is it runner? Or via "mobile inspection", the puspakom van will go to your doorstep ?

4. Are the PUSPAKOM runner can be trusted? Coz I've heard they will get the car to your place with original car documents, etc..

5. The owner leaving the country soon. Since its lockdown, how can we transfer ownership if the owner no longer in Malaysia?
coldbasecamp
post Jun 15 2021, 09:00 AM

Getting Started
235 posts

user posted image

I wonder even we renewed our Insurance successfully, if there is an incident, are we eligible to claim from insurance since the road tax is technically expired?

Picture Sos
ben3003
post Jul 9 2021, 08:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,755 posts

Guys, wanna check if JPJ kiosk already open nationwide ka? my area is at PPN phase 1.
-PuPu^ZaPruD3r-
post Jul 16 2021, 08:38 PM

Regular
1,312 posts

I have a question on interchange number plate. Sorry if it has been asked countless times before

I just won a tender bid for BQQ series. How do I put this number plate on my existing car which has a BMW number plate ?

Can I buy a new motorbike register as BQQ then interchange with my existing car (BMW)? Both motorbike and car must be same owner right ? Do I need send to Puspakom etc (remove tint, inspection)?

How much does the runner charge for the interchange service ?

Also, will this affect my NCD of my BMW number plate which is at 55% ?

I plan to keep the BMW number plate too

34 Pages « < 32 33 34Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0202sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st December 2021 - 10:48 PM