Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Please post GE14 related topics in the following new section ► https://forum.lowyat.net/MalaysiaVotes2018

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Question on Restless legs syndrome, Periodic limb movement disorder

lokideangelus
post Nov 14 2011, 10:40 AM, updated 7y ago

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Hi all,

I realized that i tend to in voluntary kick and punch while i was a sleep. Not to sure what is the cause of it but it occurs usually after a dream. This usually leave me waking up in the dead of the night and sleepy i n the morning.

Had googled on PLMD and RLS but some how im not to sure what is the best solution available. Does any one has such sleeping behavior?
tRG
post Nov 15 2011, 09:30 AM

Group: Junior Member

Here's an article you may find interesting:-

(taken from: http://www.totalhealthbreakthroughs.com/20...he-media-hype/)

Restless Legs Syndrome: Forget the Media Hype

By Carolyn Dean, MD, ND

Do you have restless legs syndrome?  Maybe you just think you do thanks to the advertising savvy of pharmaceutical companies who make millions exaggerating this rare condition.  They’ve been so successful, that it’s become an epidemic in a population of restless yet inactive people who may really just be suffering from a common mineral deficiency.

I’ll discuss that deficiency with you in just a moment.  But first, I’d like to explain why you should avoid if at all possible the popular prescription drugs that are being marketed to treat restless legs syndrome (RLS).

The main RLS drugs fall under the category of tranquilizers, sleeping aids and pain relievers — substances that are highly addictive and are only masking the true problem.
The worst of the batch is Requip (ropinirole) which plays with your brain chemistry in the way drugs for Parkinson’s disease and ADHD do — by increasing or decreasing your production of dopamine (which regulates most of your bodily functions).

In fact, Requip is so powerful, it is often prescribed to lessen the effects of Parkinson’s disease.  “Hallucination” is listed under significant adverse effects of the drug.1

Here’s what you really need to know about RLS but will not learn from any TV commercial.  The most common cause is usually a simple deficiency of the mineral magnesium in the muscle cells.

Magnesium is the key component that allows cells to absorb other minerals like calcium, iron and potassium that are needed by your muscle cells.  Magnesium also allows your muscles to relax and even combats insomnia. These are three darn good reasons why this miracle mineral makes an easy solution for RLS.

One hundred years ago the average person consumed 500 mg of magnesium a day through their diet. Thanks to modern soil depletion, the average person is lucky to get 150 mg through food alone. Unless you’re juicing bunches of collard greens each day, supplementation is the best alternative.

I recommend taking magnesium in three forms:

Magnesium Citrate Powder: This may not absorb as well as the other forms but it still offers its own unique benefits. It also tastes the best. You can find a powdered drink mix called Natural Calm at most health food stores.  It can be added to water for a fizzy soda-like drink sweetened with organic stevia.

Magnesium Oil: This is a combination of supersaturated magnesium chloride in distilled water. You can massage this into your legs. It’ll absorb through the skin into the muscles.

Angstrom Liquid Ionic Magnesium: Scientists have found that minerals enter cells through extremely narrow channels about 5 billionths of a meter wide. We normally would rely on plants to break magnesium down to this size. The company www.123minerals.com however, uses a process that breaks down magnesium into a highly absorbable form to enter these narrow channels. Usually one 75-mg dose of angstrom magnesium will have the same effects of 750 mg of citrate.

You can’t overdose on magnesium (unless you have kidney failure problems) so take as much as feels good for you. If you’re prone to loose bowel movements, get most of your magnesium through the oil and the angstrom minerals. If you’re prone to constipation, you may prefer to focus on the citrate powder which has a slight laxative effect.

Your body was built to move and your mind to think. Sitting in front of the TV watching ads for RLS inspires neither physical fitness nor mental creativity. No wonder people are restless! Dose up on magnesium, get plenty of exercise and participate in projects that challenge you mentally.  My guess is you won’t need any prescription drugs for RLS.
My best friend's mum had RLS and started taking Magnesium Oil in her morning tea everyday and that has helped her overcome the problem. They say not to take caffeine/alcohol when you have the problem but guess the Magnesium Oil was still effective!! smile.gif
HP Computer
post Apr 16 2018, 10:43 PM

Group: Newbie

I think i have restless leg syndrome. The feelings is strong especially during nite time, 2 months ago.

TS, have u recovered? Can this be treated?

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0543sec    4.73    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th April 2018 - 05:02 PM