Let's do a comparison:-
CH - Cheras Heights, Alt - Altitude 236
1) Maintenance+sinking fund psf ----- CH RM0.22; Alt RM0.33
=> RM0.11 * 1500 sqf = RM165pm, RM1980 p.a. difference
2) Price wise ----- CH ~RM470k (15th floor + 3 storeys of carpark = 18th floor; Alt RM800k (18th floor KLCC view)
=> RM330k to pay for the premium.
3) Location ---- CH on Bukit Cheras, elevated land, Alt along Persiaran Alam Damai.
=> CH Freehold, Alt Leasehold
4) Layout Design ---- CH has bigger master bedroom if you compare both.
=> CH's bedrooms come with timber flooring, + point! Alt's bedrooms come with porcelain tiles.
5) Freebies ----- CH (Free S&P, Free 4 ACs), Alt (Free S&P and loan, DIBS, 3% discount).
6) Monthly instalment ----- CH (RM1,800 p.m), Alt (RM3,100 p.m)
=> Based on 4.2% lending rate, 40 years loan, 90% margin.
7) Investment vs Own stay ---- (IMHO) Both are potential own stay. Rental wise, hard to fetch till above monthly instalment.
=> Reason: At RM3,000 and above, you could potentially rent it near KLCC.
8) Potential Capital Appreciation (If property price doesn't go stagnant)
=> CH (Potential gain to 600k, ~25%), Alt (25% gain, which means asking price of 1 million)
=> IMHO, I have more confidence that CH could gain 600k, but Alt for 1M in Cheras?? Hmm..... up to your discretion.
9) Developer's status ---- Sycal vs IJMLand
=> Sycal filed for PN17 back in 1997 crisis, IJMLand more stable, reliable developer.
=> However, I'm not too worry about it because Public Bank, UOB bank and a few other banks finance their projects.
=> Public Bank is one of the most conservative banks, they will not finance projects which they think that it's of high risk.
=> I personally have experienced projects that have been rejected by PB (although initially they financed the project)
I have considered both CH and Alt, and after considering the risk-taking + it's more for as my 2nd home, I have purchased Cheras Heights instead.
Love the spacious design, and I could put in a beautiful fish tank and living room is big enough for me to put a playpen for my baby.
Spacious Lanai/Balcony (~5ft x 12ft) for some flower pots or you could utilize it as your work area or PS3 play area!
Link to Altitute 236 -> http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2096043
Link to Cheras Height -> http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2000326
I already bought one unit in Cheras Height before Altitute 236 launches. Is not debate which is better than the other but to have a platform for propect buyer to discuss since currently Altitutte 236 & Cheras Height still have quite number of units available.
In view of current issues faced in world wide economy with a huge demand in properties for local market, I would think it should be beneficial to people like me who previously looking for a place to stay\invest in cheras area.
This post has been edited by Stevie8686: Nov 9 2011, 09:00 AM