Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to install HyppTV?, help (Hardware)

y3zalman
post Nov 8 2011, 11:23 AM

Group: Junior Member

Hi, after getting Unifi VIP5. I decided to hook up my HyppTV. I may be wrong so please help me with the set up also. This is what i have done so far.

I connect my STB to that black box using ethernet cable (where my internet & phoneline is also connected).
I connect my LCD to STB using HDMI cable.

When i turn on everything it shows me a message showing error and asks me to press the Menu button then it shows accessing DHTP server then goes back to the error screen. Can you please guide me if i am doing anything wrong or how to make my HyppTV work.

Thank a lot
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord_Ashe
post Nov 8 2011, 11:29 AM

Old Treasure Hunter Sidekick
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(y3zalman @ Nov 8 2011, 11:23 AM)
Hi, after getting Unifi VIP5. I decided to hook up my HyppTV. I may be wrong so please help me with the set up also. This is what i have done so far.

I connect my STB to that black box using ethernet cable (where my internet & phoneline is also connected).

When i turn on everything it shows me a message showing error and asks me to press the Menu button then it shows accessing DHTP server then goes back to the error screen. Can you please guide me if i am doing anything wrong or how to make my HyppTV work.

Thank a lot
I'm guessing you didn't bother letting the TM technicians test out everything for you before you shooed them out of your house. Basically IINM only ONE LAN port is usable for IPTV from the Unifi modem (I think it's LAN4) and LAN1 is for the wifi router.

Have you tried that?
+Quote Post
y3zalman
post Nov 8 2011, 11:32 AM

QUOTE(Lord_Ashe @ Nov 8 2011, 11:29 AM)
I'm guessing you didn't bother letting the TM technicians test out everything for you before you shooed them out of your house. Basically IINM only ONE LAN port is usable for IPTV from the Unifi modem (I think it's LAN4) and LAN1 is for the wifi router.

Have you tried that?
Actually i did not shoo them away, they said my LCD is not setup that time. Then after 5days my internet stopped working, after constant complaining they came after 21days to fix my internet only and said we did not bring any equipment to fix the IPTV biggrin.gif but thanks alot i'll try it now

Added on November 8, 2011, 12:28 pmOk now when i turn everything on, it shows me the Hypptv logo and then the screen goes black sad.gif....help please

Added on November 8, 2011, 12:29 pmOk now when i turn everything on, it shows me the Hypptv logo and then the screen goes black....help please

This post has been edited by y3zalman: Nov 8 2011, 12:29 PM
+Quote Post
munlok30
post Nov 8 2011, 03:05 PM

Slow and Steady

well - u can CALL the TMNET come to ur house and help u install - tat is FREE OF CHARGE Sir -- get a help from TMNET member -- haha
+Quote Post
demolationz
post Nov 8 2011, 05:35 PM

LYN Laptop Sparepart Seller

QUOTE(munlok30 @ Nov 8 2011, 03:05 PM)
well - u can CALL the TMNET come to ur house and help u install - tat is FREE OF CHARGE Sir -- get a help from TMNET member -- haha
+1 , recomend that . as u no xperience lol. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Aine
post Nov 8 2011, 07:12 PM

Casual

Yeap. No experience then find somebody who is experienced.
Just call TM technician.
+Quote Post
mukhlisz
post Nov 9 2011, 01:05 AM

Casual

QUOTE(y3zalman @ Nov 8 2011, 11:32 AM)
Actually i did not shoo them away, they said my LCD is not setup that time.

what kind of an excuse is that? doh.gif

i don't even have an LCD TV but they still set it up for my normal TV..

+Quote Post
TaKeOVER
post Feb 22 2012, 01:29 PM

they dont want to fully set it up, co either means, they dont have to be at work when customer complain, or they are third party and continue to bill telekom after the fact. i got unify and they didnt even bother to setup my hypp tv said some crap about not having the right cable, they come back, and look 2 months later nothing.
+Quote Post
WebWalker
post Feb 22 2012, 07:41 PM

Computer Geek

If already subscribe to Astro, I think you can skip HyppTV because it got nothing to watch. Most of the channels are crappy.

My STB just sit there and gather dust and I turn it on few times (less than 10) to check out anything good there. All those channels are free to watch for the first month (30 days) and thereafter you need to subscribe (those unfree) ...
+Quote Post
netmatrix
post Feb 22 2012, 09:59 PM

The machine... it sees everything.

QUOTE(y3zalman @ Nov 8 2011, 11:23 AM)

Thank a lot
I also am a noobie in Unifi. But i got a hold on how everything works now. Its like this. The installer needs to enable the hypptv. For my place they made use of the piece of paper that have a lot of passwords to enable all the services. So its either they did not enable the service or something. U need to connect the STB to lan port 4 in order to get signal. It would not work with lan port 1 to 3. Other than that everything is automatic. But i did notice a service outage yesterday. But my internet is working. wink.gif
+Quote Post
adiexx
post Apr 8 2013, 11:50 PM

Guys, sorry to be a thread digger, but is there any possible way to enable all the ports for hypptv use? bcoz i want to connect my wifi extender to the hypp tv box, but forgot that can only use lan4 only.. aisehh..
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0551sec    2.11    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 12:32 PM