Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Rooting your Samsung Galaxy SII (I9100G), also updating/repairing a bricked one

views

eq8all
post Oct 30 2011, 07:03 AM

Casual
350 posts

@Susanno
To facilitate a speedier response at this, we'd have to pool up and donate the same phone to say team cyanogen. IIRC Sammy passed a free orig SGS2 Exynos to them which obviously was a huge help. Even then there's no guarantee. From what I've read, they don't have the manpower skilled for this particular SoC and are atm have no fast access/sources to gain both abilities/people.
eq8all
post Nov 18 2011, 11:31 PM

Casual
350 posts

Reporting in. Doomlord method managed to drive me up the wall so ended up with the older steps. WORKS BETTER and I'm on DZKJ2. Though that binary counter thingy does leave me a bit unnerved but wth... Removing TouchWiz related craps manually and interestingly if anyone else here shares the same experience, right after you run "ls /system/app" via terminal emu you'd see some SingTel and StarHub APKs!? o.O Maybe it's just me.
eq8all
post Nov 30 2011, 11:48 PM

Casual
350 posts

@n00bz
Umm no it's not. Unless by "explore the fon" you meant running 1 instance of a mobile browser (non stock ones) w/ above 5 tabs loaded. Try combo'ing default power mgmt w/ JuiceDefender app. Works well for me. *shrugs*
eq8all
post Dec 1 2011, 12:10 AM

Casual
350 posts

Power saving mode via Settings + JuiceDefender on "Aggressive" profile. Though I highly suspect that it's Jd doing the most work.
eq8all
post Dec 10 2011, 06:46 PM

Casual
350 posts

So...every1 w/ doomlord method success did so w/ 2.3.5 right? Care to confirm?
eq8all
post Dec 16 2011, 06:25 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(RattleSnaKe @ Dec 15 2011, 04:02 PM)
Another question, how to force the browser to load desktop websites?
Set user agent to Desktop dude. It's there in the browser settings. Though I won't really recommend it unless you switch back and forth across multiple browsers like I do. Mobile web browsers are just built differently.

@creezalird
Gratz and kita doakan kesyukuran for your wedding bro. Plus thanks for the Doomlord memory crash tip. Playing Air Penguin during zergrush did the trick for me.

@premk71
Do share with us on your latest SuperROM comeback results. Interested about the ROM as I'm done worrying about the binary counter and it's a bit of a bore scanning around ICS news.

This post has been edited by eq8all: Dec 16 2011, 06:29 PM
eq8all
post Jan 22 2012, 07:26 AM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(Holyboy27 @ Jan 22 2012, 03:15 AM)
The horror.

Flashed Super rom + superatmos kernel a day ago.
Today wanted to revert to stock rom, so I wiped data via recovery and flashed stock rom via Odin.

But now, I can't seem to root the phone. Doomlord method doesnt work, superoneclick 2.2 and 2.3.3. also doesnt work =/

Superoneclick keeps not responding.

I tried to reinstall the usb drivers but still nothing.
Last time I checked not a lot of fellow users here have had any success w/ s1click (save you perhaps?)? I myself had tried the previous s1click and discovered that even at its xda thread I haven't seen any I9100G user w/ a definite win post? So far the most surefire way to root for me is the 1st post OLDER method and this latest creezalird method of any latest rooted kernel + Odin to stock + ktool flashback rooted kernel way. Btw the dude doomlord did mention (check his xda thread OP) that Samsung among others have managed to patch the latest zergrush exploit w/ the latest upds.
eq8all
post Jan 22 2012, 06:31 PM

Casual
350 posts

@fuzore
That's odd? I'm on the same combo w/ Go everything (launcher, keyboard, contact, locker, sms) slapped on top but none of those issues. Did you follow the ROM flash via CWM steps to the letter and cleared the Dalvik cache?
eq8all
post Jan 22 2012, 06:43 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(bobtiang @ Jan 22 2012, 06:35 PM)
battery is quite good. 19hours, left 65%.
- whats app, sms, light game
- wiFi constant on
- data constant on

p/s: upgraded from superatmos 2.0. did not clear dalvik cache.
Decent batt stats there bro w/ data on. icon_rolleyes.gif
eq8all
post Jan 29 2012, 06:53 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(ZRong223 @ Jan 29 2012, 06:31 PM)
You are joking right? If he stops his work on I9100G, what else ROM and Kernel are we going to use?
I9100G is dying...
He didn't explicitly specify that however...he did mention that the phone used was a loaner and he'll need us to pool up for a workable I9100G phone fund. I don't wanna sound like a paranoid douche but putting out a ROM on XDA (and this after like what 3-4 kernel revisions?) knowing full well that a loaner is a temporary work phone is a surefire time + energy wastage risk on his part.

This post has been edited by eq8all: Jan 29 2012, 06:58 PM
eq8all
post Jan 29 2012, 07:05 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(mathanxp2000 @ Jan 29 2012, 06:51 PM)
i rooted my galaxy s2 i1900g..n i install ICS using clockworkmod...my phone didn't boot...it juz displays the black n white samsung galaxy s2 n yellow triangle...then later on i cannot on my phone using power button...den it displays the black n white screen only wen i put the charger on....now i cannot on at all..although i insert the charger...odin download mode n clock work mod either can't open ...itz like a dead phone...what should i do????????
ICS o_O? Leaked/available alpha/beta custom ROMs for non-G ones or were you referring to just the theme? If you power up your phone again and it just shows the phone to PC icon don't worry. In that function just plug in the USB, run Odin and reflash the official firmware. Done that. Happened to me.
eq8all
post Mar 12 2012, 05:43 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(jys @ Mar 12 2012, 12:19 PM)
Hi guys, wanna check with u all..

after root and flashed.. battery can last 2 days.. then suddenly yesterday 11pm.. fully charged at 100%, then when unplug, immediately dropped to 98%, then this morning 8am, battery dropped till 20%....

what happened? no new apps installed....

just now i charged again.. 100%, then unplug, dropped to 98% again...
Try Battery Calibration by Nema app. All you have to do is wait till 100% at 4190mV above then tap that huge batt calibration button, reboot. Other than that you gotta be realistic that half the time 100% aren't really 100% depending on circumstances. Fully discharged charging and whatnot you know.

This post has been edited by eq8all: Mar 13 2012, 09:25 AM
eq8all
post Mar 27 2012, 08:37 AM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Mar 26 2012, 07:44 PM)
Small review coming soon for SuperROM v3.0 + Port OF ICS DOMINATION By Vertumus theme.
Paired to which kernel? Lucifr 1.4uv or Superatmos 3.0?

eq8all
post Apr 29 2012, 09:53 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(Holyboy27 @ Apr 29 2012, 05:24 PM)
So far I prefer SuperRom and Superatmos kernel. But I went back to stock KL3+Superatmos kernel.

When I was on SuperRom v3, there were plenty of bugs and I was too tired of flashing things here and there ever so often.
You don't happen to use any sort of CPU control apps e.g SetCPU, System Tuner Pro or ROM Toolbox Pro do you? Because if you do then yes SuperROM+superatmos combo = borkage extravaganza. Oh and Juice Defender too... Minus all that you'll be fine...if you're up for another round of reflashing circus.
eq8all
post May 30 2012, 02:14 AM

Casual
350 posts

I9100G CM9 >>EXPERIMENTAL<< builds are out. Keyword being EXPERIMENTAL. There... All CAPS. All the necessary teamhacksung's known issues and FAQ links are in that post as well. Haven't got my dls done yet but I'm not rushing.
eq8all
post May 31 2012, 11:15 PM

Casual
350 posts

Well for what's at experimental stage, it's 90% done and 110% already better over the official fw. Flashed the fw then tried rooting method 2 gave me a ridiculous startup crash issue (a la dzkl3's) but I do suspect that stock fw and Go don't play well together. Annoyed the crap out of me till I jumped the gun and did CM9 Res. Happy even as I'm setting everything up all over again.
eq8all
post Jun 10 2012, 12:29 AM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(HobbyGineer @ Jun 10 2012, 12:20 AM)
Hi andrew

are you able to access your external SD card after flashing to CM9?
when i open the external_sd folder, it is EMPTY! mad.gif
Dude..It's /mnt/emmc. Disclaimers and warnings already all over the place in CM9 wiki and codeworkx thread.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    0.23    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:22 PM