Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Rooting your Samsung Galaxy SII (I9100G), also updating/repairing a bricked one

views

Djmacz
post Oct 15 2011, 12:28 AM

32 posts

hi all..just a question..should i get this model...heard that the performance is not good as b4..and after root...can we upgrade to the new android version?
Djmacz
post Oct 16 2011, 06:30 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(I9100G @ Oct 15 2011, 04:09 PM)
1. Yes, wifi will not work after rooting with ZCKH4 kernel... for a while. That's why you'll need to re flash the original DZKI1 kernel afterwords... at the end, your I9100G is rooted and the wifi works
2. I don't know... I've never used SuperOnClick
3. I don't think there should be any performance change... Rooting only enable you to do forbidden stuff such as uninstalling bloatware and using advance android apps
4. Yup!
5. After root, your firmware is original... just rooted. So far, there aren't much custom rom for this model... I think, there's none! But if they continue shipping this model, probably more people are gonna create custom rom for it. As long they create a new rom for I9100G, we can always upgrade
6. None... Like I say, rooting only enable you to do "forbidden stuff". No performance change
7. Up to you... do you need to use root privleges? If you're not sure, probably you dont.
8. Nope, once upgrade to new version, need to root back... if you need root access lah

Okkeh, apa xpaham, boleh tanya
hi just wan to ask ...after we root..how do we change the rom for the model? is it just like software install to the phone?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0330sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:32 PM