Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sports NBA 2K12

views

calvin_yit
post Oct 19 2011, 05:21 AM

36 posts

playcalling really sux big time IMO in nba 2k12. In nba 2k11 we were able to customize every play u want for every player in ur team's playbook, in nba 2k12 U can only assign "categories" of plays for your players. Let say for phonix suns, In the play book, u can have a total of 30 types of plays (the figure 30 is not completely accurate but i can;t bother to boot up the game to be precise but its around that number.) The types of plays are categorized as Pick+Roll ball handler, Pick roll screener, Mid range, 3 Pt, ISO, post-high, post low, cutter. let say u got 5 kinds of pick n roll in the whole of ur playbook, if u assign P+R plays to nash, then in game, when u want to playcall, all 5 options will come out.

This may sounds great. Lots of plays to select. Not limited to 4 per player. However, think again. If i assign some 3pt and iso plays to nash too, i will get sumwhere around 15 to 20 plays in the menu. With no help given in differentiating the plays other than the names of the play itself, u better make sure u r good at remembering shitz.

Furthermore, i never understand how they can screw up the great pick n roll system from nba 2k10 so badly. This years is basically the same as nba 2k11, with help defense incredibly effective and most often or not, when u past to the roller, the ball will get stolen or deflected. Its very hard to execute the pick n roll, even with ISO.

AI blocking of fast break is improved, In fact, may even feels a bit unrealistic, how every lay-up is blocked even if all the AI did were to jump be 4 u do.
Whats great however is how the AI finally utilizes the pump-fake. Very hard to time ur blocks now. Penetration to basketball oso quite hard.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.65    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:01 PM