Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Huawei Honor/(Glory), Huawei Glory turns Honor (U8860)?

views

Jhering
post Dec 26 2011, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

I think they not yet release the actual date..be patient lol =)
Jhering
post Dec 27 2011, 02:48 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

but price is still a concern...hope tat it wont be too expensive lol
Jhering
post Jan 1 2012, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(sil3ntlif3 @ Dec 31 2011, 03:27 AM)
It feels like it taking a really long time =,=
yea lo...new year liao...no news at all...><
Jhering
post Jan 4 2012, 12:43 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

yalo...it has been months!!!!
Jhering
post Jan 5 2012, 11:10 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

yes! and i know the price is RM1099 o!
Jhering
post Jan 7 2012, 11:19 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

RM1099?? Are you sure? Where do u get this info??
Jhering
post Jan 19 2012, 12:42 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(Silver Blue @ Jan 19 2012, 12:28 AM)
Honor with ICS is totally different from Gingerbread.

For my own experience, the camera works better in ICS.

Does anyone interested to test Honor with ICS?

If yes, then we would consider to release (unofficially) it for your guys to test it.

Please do take note it's China Beta version, some of the function doesn't work as good as Malaysia (or Global) version.

Thanks
I wish to try!!! Im using Vision now. So far so good...But it is my total pleasure to try the legend 'ICS'!
Jhering
post Feb 6 2012, 06:32 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

So, when will the ics for honor out in d market???
Jhering
post Feb 16 2012, 02:43 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

so, in my opinion, that could be happen when huawei launch higher-end phone..heh
Jhering
post Mar 1 2012, 07:18 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(Klemann C @ Feb 28 2012, 01:57 PM)
ics slightly improved honor touch screen sensitivity & camera improved alot.
wow...cn improve d sensitivity...now i know it!
Jhering
post Mar 6 2012, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(SY CHUA @ Mar 4 2012, 12:47 AM)
I am going to grab dis phone..anyone can tell me dis phone worth to buy or nt? and d market price now?
For sure, it is worthy!

1) ICS capable/ready for Huawei honor,

2) Galaxy Nexus 1st ICS in Malaysia, Huawei Honor 2nd, other brand – don’t have (unless it’s non official release)

3) Huawei Honor affordable with better function – 1.4GHz, 8MP camera and etc compared to the giant brand!

4) What Galaxy Nexus have, Honor also have
Jhering
post Mar 23 2012, 10:08 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

[quote=wongpeter,Mar 20 2012, 08:21 PM]
Sync your phone contacts on your simcard with the phone memory.

[/
Is the simcard having so much of memories??

Added on March 23, 2012, 10:20 am[quote=kphing,Mar 22 2012, 12:41 PM]
Ishh ishh, Huawei better dun play fool with girls!!! Honor White version is girls' first choice~~~ blekk....

Added on March 22, 2012, 12:43 pmI’m happy to see that there are so many users of Huawei Honor here. I have been using my Honor for the past 2 months in fact. I thought there won’t be many users of this model in Malaysia in fact. Wow, it is lucky for me to bump into this forum and learn lots of info about Honor here. (though I’m not that active here la, keke.. I prefer to see others’ view usually)

I love the battery saving technology of Huawei Honor the best in fact. Honestly speaking, if we talk about specs, most smartphones compete fiercely and are more or less the same for their processor, ram, camera pixels etc. I think Huawei Honor really has made itself outstanding among the rest in my mind, as its long-living battery has made my life easier! Hehe. First, I don’t have to charge my smartphone for twice a day. (Pity those who have to charge their smartphones for at least twice a day. It’s so troublesome! Keke, no offence ya.) Second, I don’t have to worry about my phone usage when I am on the go, be it on LRT, bus, or friend’s car. I can VIRTUALLY play game and read e-novels non-stop for few hours, heeh…. I can still remember vividly that there was one time I play game on the long-journey bus from KL to Johor for 4-5 hours, and a Malay girl sitting beside me asked me what phone I’m using. I proudly told her it’s Huawei Honor with ICS! Well, the maximum battery life span for Honor according to my personal usage experience is around 3 days, on the condition that I do not use it for game and any app usage at all (I experimented with it once to use it for SMS and light phone calling only, as I wanna see its ‘real’ battery life).

Second, I love its cam. I’m quite a cam whore in fact, haha. So my demand for a phone’s cam is pretty high. Although Honor’s cam does not perform well when the external lighting is not good, it does surprisingly well on a nice sunny day! Since I would never go out when the weather is not good, I think it fulfills my basic need to have an awesome cam under the sunlight (or normal indoor lighting).

In short, I'm glad to have Honor as my 2nd smartphone! =)

[/quote]

i like the battery saving technology too. Averagely, I charge my phone after using for 1 1/2 day. Compared with my friends who are using samsung and iphone, they charge a few times in a single day!
Now, I can proudly say with my hand holding the HONOR: Who say phone from china has no quality?!

This post has been edited by Jhering: Mar 23 2012, 10:20 AM
Jhering
post Apr 9 2012, 05:05 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(adfy @ Apr 9 2012, 09:32 AM)
Latest version B977 seems to have issues like no Fast Boot option and have no Google Apps. I just realised that the ICS 4.0.3 was released to the China market, whilst the worldwide version only listed is GB 2.3.6. I think the ICS in my phone is not shipped factory default by Huawei but was installed by the shop. Anyway, I am still searching for a good GB firmware to flash my phone back to.
ic...so pls share after you can find the good GB firmware..I would like to flash my phone back to FB and try n see.hehe
Jhering
post Apr 12 2012, 01:22 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(adfy @ Apr 12 2012, 11:45 AM)
I downloaded it from the huawei international website. It is the same version that came with our phone in Malaysia. Here is the link : http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/d...loadID=NDM2NzQ= try a few times sometime it just went error maybe high load too many ppl accessing it.

Downgrading from ICS 4.0.3 prove to be simple if you have not used custom roms. Just place the UPDATE.APP file inside /mnt/sdcard/dload (create a folder named dload inside root directory of your sdcard) and then go to "System settings-->Storage-->Software Upgrade" and just follow through its instructions.

The same goes from GB 2.3.6 that you have replaced ICS 4.0.3 after doing the steps above. If you want to get to ICS4.0.3 back just go to the same "Settings-->Storage-->Software Upgrade" after you have transfered the ICS4.0.3 UPDATE.APP file into the same dload folder inside your sdcard. No custom recovery image needs to be loaded as these are stock roms directly provided by Huawei itself.
If i downgrade my honor from ICS to GB, will my downloaded apps and display arrangement disappear or be deleted?
Jhering
post Apr 20 2012, 10:02 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(alyone @ Apr 18 2012, 07:37 PM)
huh??hw can this happen??my honor lasts longer than my fren's s2 wor...whr did u get the info fr??

have a question here..how to receive mms in honor??im using digi..
I cant receive my mms too! Anybody know how to do the setting??

Arigatorr biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.54    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:25 PM