Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[Custom ROM] MYGingerB (Android Gingerbread 2.3.7), Our own Commtiva z71 (mi300) Custom ROM

views

MarkedOne
post Oct 3 2011, 12:40 PM

46 posts

What is this kernel thing?
Never flashed my spice..so I don't know much tongue.gif
Does flashing to your custom ROM automatically update/change this kernel,or do I have to find and update it manually?Any guide or info about this would be great biggrin.gif
MarkedOne
post Feb 4 2012, 04:17 PM

46 posts

just flashed to this rom,everything works fine except for one..
i cant make any calls or text,it says "no service"..any fix?
MarkedOne
post Feb 4 2012, 04:44 PM

46 posts

ah yes,i did flashed directly from phantom..what about the reversed left-right sensor?

EDIT : i followed exactly as ur guide,the baseband problem is solved as well as the orientation.thanks biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MarkedOne: Feb 4 2012, 09:43 PM
MarkedOne
post Feb 11 2012, 05:08 PM

46 posts

Been using this ROM for a week but I just noticed that when I tried to connect the phone via USB to a computer,the mount SD storage does prompt but after I choose mount,a few seconds later it unmount itself,thus I can't export any data to the SD card unless I use a memory card reader.
Is this a bug?
MarkedOne
post Feb 12 2012, 12:33 AM

46 posts

QUOTE(terry@android @ Feb 11 2012, 11:58 PM)
change da kernel, dont forget to wipe cache, default kernel contained in rom causing bug within da connection

Added on February 11, 2012, 11:59 pmwho still using aosp kernel nowadays? ubuntu da best
Thanks for the suggestion.
I found out something weird but it managed to fix the problem somehow tongue.gif
First,I shut down the phone and pull out the battery for a few minutes (apart from the connection issue there is a problem with the wifi,it keeps turn off itself but doing this fixed the problem. )

Turned it on and I tried to connect the phone to my friend's laptop using his external hard disk cable.To my surprise,it connected and both phone and SD storage can be explored.
So I went back to my laptop and connect it using stock USB cable,the problem still persists.

But then,I noticed this 'USB Debugging' notification each time I connected the phone,I untick that thing (no idea what that thing does really tongue.gif ) and poof - I can connect the SD via phone,but ONLY the SD.Phone storage didn't show up though.I haven't the slightest idea what happened blink.gif

EDIT : Using the kernel that comes with the ROM - 2.6.32.9-SuperAosp

This post has been edited by MarkedOne: Feb 12 2012, 12:41 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0247sec    0.57    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:48 PM