Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Custom ROM] MYGingerB (Android Gingerbread 2.3.7), Our own Commtiva z71 (mi300) Custom ROM

angelictears
post Jan 26 2012, 12:44 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(terry@android @ Jan 26 2012, 03:16 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Indeed.. but overall testing, my phones doesn't wake up suddenly, it may be varying from devices.. Wifi performance is also nothing special.. but it is stable for light use, though i may revert back to 2.6.32.x EA #37...

AS for the driver, I will copy it in the future smile.gif don't worry, other then that adreno 200 and 205 are absolute to qualcomm, nonetheless community support are still strong..

For those who are really want to learn, there are several guide that one can start to learn, other's from what I have posted above, you can also learn the way via the wiki, official cyanogenmod wiki that is here (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Commtiva_Z71)

I do recommended downloading the source code and experiment it with eclipes (on ubuntu recommended, I'm no hackintosh so that's a little more complicated), and I also not recommending premade kitchen where you can select what and which features to not or to implement, it is better to understand the source code and edit/rewrite as you like, you must have at least basic C/C++/Java language knowledge..

@ Harris
Owh and to harris, after SPM think smart on which diploma/university course that you'll like, just a head's up, business students are needed by 85% and computer science/programmer students are needed by 60% by the year 2013 - 2015.. smile.gif Again study smart bro smile.gif

@ Terry@android

I already posted the guide on my blog bro
You can check it out, correct me if I wrote any mistake here and there.. smile.gif Again thanks for that complete guide.
unsoul
post Jan 27 2012, 12:06 PM

Getting Started

Future is unknown we can't change somewhat tat is not exist but we build it creat it we shape it
winkiedilwy
post Jan 29 2012, 01:00 AM

Imma farting carrots.
Group: Senior Member

@angelictears After I've cleared the dalvik's cache, other cache and even wipe the whole phone, i still encounter this error... the status bar is missing...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I've even redownloaded the file and do whatever it helps but it's still not working. Since my cousin said that he can't live without notification bar, I have to flash another rom for him.

Even the Menu > Notifications doesn't bring up the notification bar.

Any ideas? icon_question.gif

This post has been edited by winkiedilwy: Jan 29 2012, 01:05 AM
terry@android
post Jan 29 2012, 01:40 AM

Getting Started

@winkiedilwy

Rara case, interesting, Change da theme or change da launcher, maybe it will bring back da bar.

This post has been edited by terry@android: Jan 29 2012, 01:45 AM
ojakinho
post Jan 29 2012, 10:28 AM

here list of kernel
winkiedilwy
post Jan 29 2012, 01:37 PM

Imma farting carrots.

QUOTE(terry@android @ Jan 29 2012, 01:40 AM)
@winkiedilwy

Rara case, interesting, Change da theme or change da launcher, maybe it will bring back da bar.
i'm using da stock launcher... and the WiFi thing is more strange.

After I turned on da WiFi and I started scanning for WiFi, IT TURNS OFF BY ITSELF! And da CyanogenMod Settings Menu cannot work, kept force close! Changing to Go launcher or whatever launcher does not work
unsoul
post Jan 31 2012, 12:29 AM

Getting Started

have u try the tablet tweaks...

Added on January 31, 2012, 12:31 amwfi thingy try reflash it again wipe all,, normally its will be okey

try tag home launcher i love this one more...

This post has been edited by unsoul: Jan 31 2012, 12:31 AM
Materazzi
post Jan 31 2012, 12:46 AM

Regular

no icecream?
Rudd
post Jan 31 2012, 01:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Materazzi @ Jan 31 2012, 12:46 AM)
no icecream?
not yet
terry@android
post Jan 31 2012, 01:19 AM

Getting Started

What kind of ice cream? paddle pop? magnum or bucket? Calm urself and wait.........

@winkie

U hav try da guide of da angelictears blog? Try first, and forget to mention, if its a new fone, somehow, sometimes it cannot jump directly from 2.1 factory rom to 2.3 custom, check ur modem rev on download mode, and gav it here, if still cannot, revert back to 2.1, upgrade using sutlr with phantom rom using sutlr, then using cm 7.0.2 stable mod, or memory battery fix.nbo, still using sutlr, enter da rom and put cm 7.1.0 zip and update it using cwm (green mode). then update it using this rom zip, also dont forget to clear dalvik and cache before updating, after update, reboot recovery, change da cwm color (orange mode) and update da kernel, dont use da latest, try #37 first.

Bout da wifi, da problem lies on how to flash, if u flash in improper manner, it will goes like that. and take note that tethering will never work with 2.6.32 kernel, coz its 2.2 froyo kernel. gingerbread kernel is 2.6.35, if u find a stable one, post here.

@angelictears

Try checking on ur zip in da server, is it still intact or is it been modified. Rare case like this really interest me.

Added on January 31, 2012, 1:24 amif da wifi still intact with da same problem, if its in stock factory rom, go return it back, its a false alarm, or failure on gadget, take da fone, and throw it on da salesperson head wink.gif take a new one and test it first in front him before leaving.

This post has been edited by terry@android: Jan 31 2012, 01:24 AM
angelictears
post Feb 1 2012, 01:56 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(terry@android @ Jan 31 2012, 01:19 AM)
What kind of ice cream? paddle pop? magnum or bucket? Calm urself and wait.........

@winkie

U hav try da guide of da angelictears blog? Try first, and forget to mention, if its a new fone, somehow, sometimes it cannot jump directly from 2.1 factory rom to 2.3 custom, check ur modem rev on download mode, and gav it here, if still cannot, revert back to 2.1, upgrade using sutlr with phantom rom using sutlr, then using cm 7.0.2 stable mod, or memory battery fix.nbo, still using sutlr, enter da rom and put cm 7.1.0 zip and update it using cwm (green mode).  then update it using this rom zip, also dont forget to clear dalvik and cache before updating, after update, reboot recovery, change da cwm color (orange mode) and update da kernel, dont use da latest, try #37 first.

Bout da wifi, da problem lies on how to flash, if u flash in improper manner, it will goes like that.  and take note that tethering will never work with 2.6.32 kernel, coz its 2.2 froyo kernel. gingerbread kernel is 2.6.35, if u find a stable one, post here.

@angelictears

Try checking on ur zip in da server, is it still intact or is it been modified.  Rare case like this really interest me.

Added on January 31, 2012, 1:24 amif da wifi still intact with da same problem, if its in stock factory rom, go return it back, its a false alarm, or failure on gadget, take da fone, and throw it on da salesperson head wink.gif take a new one and test it first in front him before leaving.
I've checked my mediafire account files and it seems that all are in correct order, even the md5 match. Seems like either the internal memory block of it's phone are somewhat corrupted or incorrect flash steps. To winkie, try to follow as what terry suggest. If all fails, try to revert back to stock 2.1 and return the phone to the dealer, and get a new unit.

Also terry, I've tested the 2.6.35.14-EA and all I can say that this is my fav kernel so far. No reboots, no hang ups, wifi stay connected even screen off (which is useful for me)and tethering works flawlessly. Ofcourse there are several flaw, such as no OC stability, limited clock option (which I think OC would work ok with 748 or lower clock speed) and somewhat a little bad at memory management but won't slow the phone down.
It seems that they have updated the source with some patch, although there are no compiled kernel of that patch available to download, which we can compiled it ourself.

I was thinking on making this a default kernel for future release, but I'll wait for more better 2.6.35.x kernel later on.
terry@android
post Feb 1 2012, 03:12 AM

Getting Started

@angelictears

If thats what u decide, then just do it biggrin.gif ur da dev here.

No OC seems to disappointing me, but its ok, but please change da splash screen and boot animation, dont make it too bright, less white, more black is more efficient and battery saving when reboot, isnt it?

Forgot to say, its not really rare case for winkie, check ur system ui apk, somehow, it will lost due to unknown error, copy da apk back to system and change da permission to rw-r-r back and reboot, it will restore da bar.

So this time, ur rom will have
1) new adreno driver
2) plus read ahead kb
3) more battery life
4) tethering will work
5) stable network (malaysian only network)
6) maybe attractive boot animation
7) media player upgraded to system (maybe juz for me wink.gif ....

That what i say, balance, performance and stability combined together biggrin.gif

Thats a good news, its even superior to edgar rom. Try make it more superior.

Ur da best, i will make a good guide on how to flash and post it here, but after i try it first.

Added on February 1, 2012, 3:16 amand i m sorry because i cant provide u with da link u request, it seem that i cannot find it back. silly me.....

But edgar kernel is more than enough isnt it? make it free kernel installation as for those who prefer 2.6.32 kernel, they can change it whenever they want.

This post has been edited by terry@android: Feb 1 2012, 03:16 AM
angelictears
post Feb 2 2012, 12:38 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(terry@android @ Feb 1 2012, 03:12 AM)
@angelictears

If thats what u decide, then just do it biggrin.gif ur da dev here.

No OC seems to disappointing me, but its ok, but please change da splash screen and boot animation, dont make it too bright, less white, more black is more efficient and battery saving when reboot, isnt it?

Forgot to say, its not really rare case for winkie, check ur system ui apk, somehow, it will lost due to unknown error, copy da apk back to system and change da permission to rw-r-r back and reboot, it will restore da bar.

So this time, ur rom will have
1) new adreno driver
2) plus read ahead kb
3) more battery life
4) tethering will work
5) stable network (malaysian only network)
6) maybe attractive boot animation
7) media player upgraded to system (maybe juz for me wink.gif ....

That what i say, balance, performance and stability combined together biggrin.gif

Thats a good news, its even superior to edgar rom. Try make it more superior. 

Ur da best, i will make a good guide on how to flash and post it here, but after i try it first.

Added on February 1, 2012, 3:16 amand i m sorry because i cant provide u with da link u request, it seem that i cannot find it back. silly me.....

But edgar kernel is more than enough isnt it? make it free kernel installation as for those who prefer 2.6.32 kernel, they can change it whenever they want.
So far, what I can confirm for the future release are :

1) new adreno driver
2) read ahead increase
3) tethering (only in 2.6.35.14 version)
4) several media update such as codec and compatibility

For now I can't decide which boot animation that I should use as I am a bit lazy on making gifs, although splash screen will be change (thanks for the note on recovery mode text also in white) and overall UI changes are also in order.

I also can't confirm the release date, as overhauling the UI can take much time. So bear with me. But I will provide download link for beta testing that contains all the update and patches but minus the codec and UI changes.

Hehe, I can't promise that I can surpass edgar ROM as I am still a beginner, I only started on this development just for several months so I have a lot to learn still. smile.gif
tahawk
post Feb 2 2012, 12:46 PM

Getting Started

i wanna that link tu..
terry@android
post Feb 2 2012, 04:02 PM

Getting Started

@angelictears

be proud on urself, even lil bird can fly higher if they work harder than eagle, if i m not saying that u should change da gif, using da 'x' animation isnt bad, juz da splash screen, a lil bit darker will be enough, how bout black screen with a white or colorful alphabet saying 'GAIA' at da center and with a 'mygingerb' signature at da bottom, simple outside, but interactive inside, coz i didnt judge any book by its cover only, da inside or da content is much more important, post da beta link so i can fix da guide for u, but make it stable enough for testing.

surpassing edgar is not my concern, but it depend on u, if u want to..... and u will to.... dont lower urself, so far, only u re da one in malaysia who do this kind of job, so do be proud on urself, its an easy task isnt it?
Materazzi
post Feb 3 2012, 08:13 AM

Regular

I got problem in calibration
winkiedilwy
post Feb 4 2012, 12:12 AM

Imma farting carrots.

@angelictears @terry

First i have stock 2.2, then i flash to phantom 2.2 using SUTLR, then from Phantom I install CWM and install this rom since got ZIP file. then turned up like tat.

SUTLR requires nb0 file, but i can't find any. Since you asked me to flash to CM Rom, i tried, but touch screen not working. no matter how stable is it, the t/s not working. so using SUTLR i flash back to Phantom, and use CWM to flash this ROM again, same problem.

about the wifi, in factory & phantom rom, nothing went wrong with it. only when come to this rom, it automatically switches off itself.

now i headache, since he's my cousin he said that phantom rom is already good for him, but he wanted gingerbread too. pening la.. just now i try flashing again, same problem.

Added on February 4, 2012, 12:16 amso i just checked out your dev blog, and will try to get my cousins phone this weekend and try again. btw, partitioning SD card isn't really important, rite?

This post has been edited by winkiedilwy: Feb 4 2012, 12:16 AM
terry@android
post Feb 4 2012, 01:27 AM

Getting Started

@winkie
i ll upload cm 7.0.2 battery fix nbo, will further da link nextt post, from phantom to cm, thats way to crazy man, phantom a single custom rom, not really recommend flash cm from phantom through zip. wait till i upload da nbo, u got sutlr right? so i dont need to upload it anymore.

if u wanna more space on internal, partition it, i already gav instruction in earlier post, there s a pro and con on it, and already upload whats needed to partitioning sd, so try to read through from earlier post.

Added on February 4, 2012, 1:30 amsave ur headache man, theres alot more u need to learn with android, bear with it, but remember this, man learn from mistake, not from success.

Added on February 4, 2012, 3:02 amhere the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?vtsoc8ettst89vh

This post has been edited by terry@android: Feb 4 2012, 03:02 AM
angelictears
post Feb 4 2012, 11:54 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Feb 4 2012, 12:12 AM)
@angelictears @terry

First i have stock 2.2, then i flash to phantom 2.2 using SUTLR, then from Phantom I install CWM and install this rom since got ZIP file. then turned up like tat.

SUTLR requires nb0 file, but i can't find any. Since you asked me to flash to CM Rom, i tried, but touch screen not working. no matter how stable is it, the t/s not working. so using SUTLR i flash back to Phantom, and use CWM to flash this ROM again, same problem.

about the wifi, in factory & phantom rom, nothing went wrong with it. only when come to this rom, it automatically switches off itself.

now i headache, since he's my cousin he said that phantom rom is already good for him, but he wanted gingerbread too. pening la.. just now i try flashing again, same problem.

Added on February 4, 2012, 12:16 amso i just checked out your dev blog, and will try to get my cousins phone this weekend and try again. btw, partitioning SD card isn't really important, rite?
Just follow what terry said about flashing the CM7 nb0 file.

Also for the SD partitioning, it depends on your usage, CM7 based ROM, Gaia included, do have App 2 SD implemented, although it is not as efficient as putting the apps on a partition (usually ext3 format), the partition sre required for all App2SD app like link2SD (which what I am using now) and Data2SD script that terry@android said earlier. Do note that app that are moved to SD will be lose after factory reset, when app that are put in a partition may or may not be wipe. Meaning that you can reinstall any app2sd app (like the Link2SD for example) and have your app back with any reinstallation.

The only optional thing that you can do is swap partition, this depends on the SD card speed and whether you want swap or not, I myself dedicated 64mb of swap just in case.

Do note that partition cannot be edited (resize or delete) after the initial partitioning, repartition using CWM again will result complete SD card wipe, which means including all photos and music partition, sd-ext partition (the partition for app2sd) and swap will be deleted. Although it is safe to resize using Gparted in any Linux desktop OS, but risk of SD card failure is indeed there. Gparted can resize, and delete partition safely if you know how, but wrong step can also result unusable SDcard. Recommend for advance users only.

Safely, you can make a back up of your SD card data and recreate the partition via CMW, that's the most safest method that I can think of without any side effects.
MarkedOne
post Feb 4 2012, 04:17 PM

just flashed to this rom,everything works fine except for one..
i cant make any calls or text,it says "no service"..any fix?

33 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0891sec    7.13    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 03:19 PM