Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The best pc shop in lowyat

views

TSonizuka69
post Sep 29 2011, 01:35 AM, updated 13y ago

5 posts

i wanted to buy a new pc dis weekend and i wanted to knw which shop is the best in lowyat..which mean that dis shop must have a good price and it's easy for me to claim my warranty if anything happen..thank u for u help.... icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
slebet
post Sep 29 2011, 01:44 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

if me , i will go to Seri / Sri computer... not bad the price..the warranty depends..

TSonizuka69
post Sep 29 2011, 01:47 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(slebet @ Sep 29 2011, 01:44 AM)
if me , i will go to Seri / Sri computer... not bad the price..the warranty depends..
oho ok..i heard that sri got many complaints frm the customers..
Alex_tan168
post Sep 29 2011, 01:55 AM

Casual
367 posts

Cycom better
sri com kinda lc
HarDiE
post Sep 29 2011, 02:00 AM

Getting Started
208 posts

Easy to claim warranty is hardly exist in lowyat... afaik.
TSonizuka69
post Sep 29 2011, 02:08 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(HarDiE @ Sep 29 2011, 02:00 AM)
Easy to claim warranty is hardly exist in lowyat... afaik.
oho really..hmm..so it's quite hard thn..
samftrmd
post Sep 29 2011, 05:34 PM

Interface 2037
1,588 posts

From my exp, it takes common sence to get good service from a staff. If you see him or her surrounded by other customer already, don't expect him or her to push other people away just to serve you lor.
Price wise, try to keep an open mind, what seems unreasonable to you might seems perfectly logical to the sales staff or the boss due to competition or supplier. It is better you do your own research first.
If those 1 or 2 ringgit discount is really so important to you. If you are willing to spend thoundsand of ringgit on branded items, why can't you look past a few ringgit and let those sales staff earn a little more? Remember, the more discount you get, the more competition shops feel, and in the end of the day, PC market could end up like handphone market. Lots of imitation that you or even I can't tell.
Warranty period, most shop is the same la, 1 month. If certain brand or model like Asus (provided the model is still new) sometimes on the spot can get de. Other odd items or brand that is not usually available in the market would takes long time. It is consumer's responsible to ask the aproximate time in case faulty.
Service wise, it might be on the luck side, sometimes you get a sifu service you, sometimes you get a junior who knows nothing. This problem occour partly because of customer's fault. Always asking for discount and refuse to pay for what the item's worth. Most peeple would go for the cheaper ones instead of looking for the best service. Because of this, most shop would not invest a lot in service staff, and thus, the service staff usually is over worked.
Above just my own opinion.
For me, personally, when I go to buy a PC, I would have a budget ready if I don't know about the price or lazy to compare, as long as the budget is not over, I don't mind paying extra 5 ringgit for the CPU than the next door's offer, A CPU is what, 5, 6, hundred ringgits? I don't mind to let those staff earn a little extra. At least I would not ask discount even if I know I wounld not get it. Some people muka tebal sampai staff says go next door try still can insist on discount. doh.gif It is ok to walk a few shops to get the price, for same items, if the price is about the same, then service is the next thing you consider. It is time to ask what warranty and terms and condition at this point. A good way to tell is to see if the shops have a seperate service centre. Means the service staff can concentrate on repairing your PC instead of having to serve other customer or while servicing you, need to do other things.
Always bring resit for easier reference, understand your problen with the PC and tell directly to the service staff, understand the the staff is going to fix your PC, not design it or make it perfect.
The last thing that I can think of right now is that you, as a customer who bring a PC to repair, want to get it fix. It is ok to ask lots of question about the PC, if not sure maybe ask again and again.... But it is not the staff's duty to talk about the weather or the trafic, or the dinner he would have with you. Sometimes I get complain from customer about a staff not friendly lar, not talkative la...... Yes we should all be friendly in service industry, but then again ask yourself, how much you pay for the PC? The compatition forced a lot of shop to cut this and cut that, maybe if the staff is still green, he would talk more with you than the old breed, but the quality of the conversation usually shows.
Just my opinion.
Keep an open mind.

This post has been edited by samftrmd: Sep 29 2011, 05:37 PM
TSonizuka69
post Sep 30 2011, 12:10 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(samftrmd @ Sep 29 2011, 05:34 PM)
From my exp, it takes common sence to get good service from a staff. If you see him or her surrounded by other customer already, don't expect him or her to push other people away just to serve you lor.
Price wise, try to keep an open mind, what seems unreasonable to you might seems perfectly logical to the sales staff or the boss due to competition or supplier. It is better you do your own research first.
If those 1 or 2 ringgit discount is really so important to you. If you are willing to spend thoundsand of ringgit on branded items, why can't you look past a few ringgit and let those sales staff earn a little more? Remember, the more discount you get, the more competition shops feel, and in the end of the day, PC market could end up like handphone market. Lots of imitation that you  or even I can't tell.
Warranty period, most shop is the same la, 1 month. If certain brand or model like Asus (provided the model is still new) sometimes on the spot can get de. Other odd items or brand that is not usually available in the market would takes long time. It is consumer's responsible to ask the aproximate time in case faulty.
Service wise, it might be on the luck side, sometimes you get a sifu service you, sometimes you get a junior who knows nothing. This problem occour partly because of customer's fault. Always asking for discount and refuse to pay for what the item's worth. Most peeple would go for the cheaper ones instead of looking for the best service. Because of this, most shop would not invest a lot in service staff, and thus, the service staff usually is over worked.
Above just my own opinion.
For me, personally, when I go to buy a PC, I would have a budget ready if I don't know about the price or lazy to compare, as long as the budget is not over, I don't mind paying extra 5 ringgit for the CPU than the next door's offer, A CPU is what, 5, 6, hundred ringgits? I don't mind to let those staff earn a little extra. At least I would not ask discount even if I know I wounld not get it. Some people muka tebal sampai staff says go next door try still can insist on discount. doh.gif It is ok to walk a few shops to get the price, for same items, if the price is about the same, then service is the next thing you consider. It is time to ask what warranty and terms and condition at this point. A good way to tell is to see if the shops have a seperate service centre. Means the service staff can concentrate on repairing your PC instead of having to serve other customer or while servicing you, need to do other things.
Always bring resit for easier reference, understand your problen with the PC and tell directly to the service staff, understand the the staff is going to fix your PC, not design it or make it perfect.
The last thing that I can think of right now is that you, as a customer who bring a PC to repair, want to get it fix. It is ok to ask lots of question about the PC, if not sure maybe ask again and again.... But it is not the staff's duty to talk about the weather or the trafic, or the dinner he would have with you. Sometimes I get complain from customer about a staff not friendly lar, not talkative la...... Yes we should all be friendly in service industry, but then again ask yourself, how much you pay for the PC? The compatition forced a lot of shop to cut this and cut that, maybe if the staff is still green, he would talk more with you than the old breed, but the quality of the conversation usually shows.
Just my opinion.
Keep an open mind.
thanx man..u gave a quite opinion there..maybe i should follow wat u you have suggest...u really helpfull..i keep that in mind.. biggrin.gif
jyss
post Sep 30 2011, 11:39 AM

3 posts

i bought in IT center LYN forgot which one in 5th floor near jayacom. service good (depend on the sales of course, luckly i got the good sales) price normal, not cheap but not really expensive. warranty as long as we don't change peripheral inside. that's my exp. smile.gif
radzy82
post Oct 2 2011, 12:06 AM

19 posts

cant agree more with samftrmd
cloudaleef
post Oct 2 2011, 11:16 AM

21 posts

I usually got to Jayacom.the prices are quite reasonable for most items.
TornCastus
post Oct 2 2011, 12:27 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

There is no best shop in this world. Everyone have their own experience and when issue occur and consumer did not get what they want and they will said this shop very bad or worse. When get what they want, this shop is the best.

I kinda agree with samftrmd. Every price in Lowyat is almost the same. If you have time and list, just provide to every shop in there and survey. The best price will show then.
If "NO" time, then apply your list to any shop and buy. I bought a lof of thing from there. But i still like Czone since their service to me is quite ok but a bit annoying cuz they speak too much which made me can't make any decision.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:59 PM