Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Massimo : New player in Malaysia bread market, overseas technology in bread making

views

Space
post Dec 2 2011, 06:46 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

I noticed gardenia bread's quality getting worst a couple of month ago, bcoz I got bad stomach and cannot eat yeasty food, they somehow keep proofing in my stomach, and my stomach will be full of angin, so the only bread that I could eat is the yellow bag gardenia, but one day I found that it too gives me windy stomach, so I know they now underbake the bread, so it got more water, the same weight and save ingredients I think they save a lot of money.

For those people who like soft bread, those bread are full of additives, man. I won't touch it with a pole sweat.gif I used to hate white bread, they are mushy and yucky. It's been years I haven't eat one but lately someone gave me some, and I found that they are pillowy soft, chewy and quite tasty, wonder what goes into them. Remember those baguette from hypermarket, my dad always said that you could kill someone with it, they are usually made with only 4 ingredients, flour, salt, water and yeast, see how hard it is after a day. And if you have homemade pau b4, though it's very soft coming out from the steamer, you could hurt someone with it after left on table for a day. It's so wrong for bread to stay soft for 5 days, and with water content so high, how much preservatives goes into them? Especially the kind with rehydrated raisin in them, try soak some raisin in water, you still dare eat them after a day ah? nod.gif
Space
post Dec 4 2011, 02:41 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(xavi5567 @ Dec 2 2011, 11:03 AM)
i thought it is soft bcos of the they use cake flour as compare to normal flour.. cake flour will keep ur bread softer for a longer time..  sweat.gif
Cake flour and bread flour different one ler..... you ate any chewy cake b4 laugh.gif

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:23 PM