Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Debit Card V3

views

mamamia
post Aug 23 2016, 10:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,928 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Aug 23 2016, 09:09 PM)
maybank has not indicated when they expect to complete their switch over, the official deadline was 1 Jan, not moved back to 1 July 2017...since it MUST be changed, and it's the same debit card anyway, just change lah...

They have indicated the pure ATM card will continue to be usable at the ATM till end 2017....
Is it? No wonder I didn't receive any SMS or notification that asked me to chnsge card since I'm holding the pure ATM card.. Good to know that I don't need to change it since I won't use the debit card function.
limeuu
post Aug 23 2016, 10:15 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

QUOTE(mamamia @ Aug 23 2016, 10:01 PM)
Is it? No wonder I didn't receive any SMS or notification that asked me to chnsge card since I'm holding the pure ATM card.. Good to know that I don't need to change it since I won't use the debit card function.
maybank has not indicated what they will do after end 2017...they may, like most other banks, decide to discontinue the pure atm card, and migrate everybody into a debit card....

contrary to what some here believe, the atm system is separate from the visa/mc payment platform used in debit cards...and migrating all cc/dc within the visa/mc platform into pin based cards will NOT interfere with the bank's own atm system, nor with the interbank atm network meps...
mamamia
post Aug 24 2016, 06:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,928 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Aug 23 2016, 10:15 PM)
maybank has not indicated what they will do after end 2017...they may, like most other banks, decide to discontinue the pure atm card, and migrate everybody into a debit card....

contrary to what some here believe, the atm system is separate from the visa/mc payment platform used in debit cards...and migrating all cc/dc within the visa/mc platform into pin based cards will NOT interfere with the bank's own atm system, nor with the interbank atm network meps...
Ya.. For ambank, they seem to discontinue pure ATM card as I'm using their pure ATM card n I received their SMS, but since my acc quite inactive there, I will not change first n let's test their system that time c whether it is separate..

RM0.00 Yr ATM/Debit Cd will be deactivated within 30days. Visit any AmBank branches or Debit Cd Collection Ctr at bit.ly/dc1ls for new AmBank Debit MasterCard
Tiaso
post Aug 24 2016, 11:05 AM

Casual
449 posts

I just changed to Maybank Visa Debit Platinum but my colleague changed to Maybank Mastercard Debit Platinum? does it makes any difference?
kcsy1221
post Aug 25 2016, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

Hi, I made a request to replace my maybank atm card via maybank2u portal. I received the Maybank Debit Card. Can I just use this as an ATM card without activating the debit card? Any kind advice?

Fyi, I still can use the old ATM card after I received the Debit card. The reason I replace the ATM card because sometimes the ATM machine can't read my card then I need to gosok the card abit to make it work. smile.gif
limeuu
post Aug 25 2016, 12:40 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

QUOTE(kcsy1221 @ Aug 25 2016, 11:33 AM)
Hi, I made a request to replace my maybank atm card via maybank2u portal. I received the Maybank Debit Card. Can I just use this as an ATM card without activating the debit card? Any kind advice?

Fyi, I still can use the old ATM card after I received the Debit card. The reason I replace the ATM card because sometimes the ATM machine can't read my card then I need to gosok the card abit to make it work. smile.gif
the bank atm platform is separate from the visa/mc payment platform....so if you have both cards, both will be able to access the atm...

this is normal overseas as well....i have both atm and visa/mc debit cards for my accounts in uk and australia, and both can access the atm...the atm card is also linked to the local eftpos payment system, and can also be used for payments at merchants linked to the eftpos network...

the visa/mc debit payment platform is based on their already extensive credit card payment system...hence they are competitive....no need extra hardware...
alexwsk
post Aug 25 2016, 02:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

QUOTE(kcsy1221 @ Aug 25 2016, 11:33 AM)

i think you cannot use the new card without activating, maybe you can go and try it out
once activated, the old atm card should not be able to use again, you can also try it out

any reason not to activate the new card? you can disable purchase by setting limit to RM0
kcsy1221
post Aug 25 2016, 06:11 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Aug 25 2016, 12:40 PM)
the bank atm platform is separate from the visa/mc payment platform....so if you have both cards, both will be able to access the atm...

this is normal overseas as well....i have both atm and visa/mc debit cards for my accounts in uk and australia, and both can access the atm...the atm card is also linked to the local eftpos payment system, and can also be used for payments at merchants linked to the eftpos network...

the visa/mc debit payment platform is based on their already extensive credit card payment system...hence they are competitive....no need extra hardware...
Thanks for the reply. smile.gif
Appreciate your input. Shall try it out. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(alexwsk @ Aug 25 2016, 02:37 PM)
i think you cannot use the new card without activating, maybe you can go and try it out
once activated, the old atm card should not be able to use again, you can also try it out

any reason not to activate the new card? you can disable purchase by setting limit to RM0
Hmm..will call the maybank ppl first before using the debit card at the atm machine.
Thanks for your reply too. rclxms.gif
aromachong
post Aug 25 2016, 09:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Trade Dispute
2,644 posts

This post has been edited by aromachong: Nov 5 2016, 06:10 PM
FirstAidKit
post Aug 26 2016, 11:10 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

Using this type of Maybank debit card. Do I need to change to the latest card? and how I should do it?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
limeuu
post Aug 26 2016, 11:40 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

QUOTE(FirstAidKit @ Aug 26 2016, 11:10 AM)
Using this type of Maybank debit card. Do I need to change to the latest card? and how I should do it?
need to change to pin and pay by 30 June 2017, free if by end of this year...go to any branch....or road show....
FirstAidKit
post Aug 26 2016, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Aug 26 2016, 11:40 AM)
need to change to pin and pay by 30 June 2017, free if by end of this year...go to any branch....or road show....
thanks for the heads up !
drbone
post Aug 26 2016, 07:12 PM

Regular
1,729 posts

Changed CIMB , Hong Leong and public bank debit cards so far. HLB in Melaka opens their branches till 8 pm till 9/9 just for card changing purposes. CIMB preferred center in Melaka opening tomorrow from 9am-1pm. Anyone knows about RHB , Maybank extending their timings ?
dannychen
post Aug 26 2016, 09:03 PM

Regular
1,158 posts

QUOTE(drbone @ Aug 26 2016, 07:12 PM)
Changed CIMB , Hong Leong and public bank debit cards so far. HLB in Melaka opens their branches till 8 pm till 9/9 just for card changing purposes. CIMB preferred center in Melaka opening tomorrow from 9am-1pm. Anyone knows about RHB , Maybank extending their timings ?
maybank can apply via maybank2u.
milo.dinosaur
post Aug 27 2016, 01:21 AM

15 posts

Opened a Maybank account recently and just found out that RM8.48 is missing from balance.

Most probably the bank employee signed me up for the unlimited ATM withdrawal (RM8/yr) without asking me if I need it or not. I would have said no if he asked me.

What I can do about this? Or is the RM8.48 gone for good ady? Feel like kena con.

This post has been edited by milo.dinosaur: Aug 27 2016, 01:21 AM
aromachong
post Aug 27 2016, 09:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Trade Dispute
2,644 posts

This post has been edited by aromachong: Nov 5 2016, 06:09 PM
mamamia
post Aug 27 2016, 09:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,928 posts

QUOTE(aromachong @ Aug 27 2016, 09:41 AM)
unlimited withdrawl is nice.. 8.48 ok what?
Good only for ppl who use it often..
Nowadays, ppl all use internet transfer, unlimited ATM withdrawal is not good for tech savvy ppl
milo.dinosaur
post Aug 27 2016, 10:41 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(aromachong @ Aug 27 2016, 09:41 AM)
unlimited withdrawl is nice.. 8.48 ok what?
The 4 free withdrawals every month is already sufficient for me, I don't need unlimited withdrawal every month.

Either way the employee should have at least asked me if I want it or not...

shizuko87
post Aug 27 2016, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Aug 23 2016, 09:09 PM)
maybank has not indicated when they expect to complete their switch over, the official deadline was 1 Jan, not moved back to 1 July 2017...since it MUST be changed, and it's the same debit card anyway, just change lah...

They have indicated the pure ATM card will continue to be usable at the ATM till end 2017....
QUOTE(FirstAidKit @ Aug 26 2016, 11:10 AM)
Yes this debit card still can use until next year. For what i heard from Maybank CS called me ytd regarding my recently applied for new pin & pay debit card, they said that my current debit card still can use and not necessary must change but you have to change before 01 July 2017. smile.gif

i applied my debit card via M2U card management and it was free and you have to wait for 2 weeks to receive the new debit card.

i suggest you guys walk in to branch to exchange the card on the spot so no need to wait them courier to you.

Ps: i applied on 20 July last month but until today still haven't receive it. The CS agent said i have to wait more than a month lol. rclxub.gif
FirstAidKit
post Aug 27 2016, 11:32 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

QUOTE(shizuko87 @ Aug 27 2016, 10:50 AM)
Yes this debit card still can use until next year. For what i heard from Maybank CS called me ytd regarding my recently applied for new pin & pay debit card, they said that my current debit card still can use and not necessary must change but you have to change before 01 July 2017.  smile.gif

i applied my debit card via M2U card management and it was free and you have to wait for 2 weeks to receive the new debit card.

i suggest you guys walk in to branch to exchange the card on the spot so no need to wait them courier to you.

Ps: i applied on 20 July last month but until today still haven't receive it. The CS agent said i have to wait more than a month lol.    rclxub.gif
alright thanks ! notworthy.gif

391 Pages « < 105 106 107 108 109 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0231sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:14 PM