Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Debit Card V3

views

AskarPerang
post Apr 21 2016, 06:17 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,145 posts

Maybank debit card now suspend online purchases?
Doesn't seem to work now. Even on agoda. Need to choose pay at hotel option instead.
I wander why.
MilesAndMore
post Apr 21 2016, 07:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Apr 21 2016, 06:17 PM)
Doesn't seem to work now. Even on agoda. Need to choose pay at hotel option instead.
I wander why.
You need to call Maybank to enable online transaction.
poor man
post Apr 22 2016, 08:10 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

Change Your ATM Or Debit Card Today ambank by 31 December 2016.

http://www.ambank.com.my/ambank/SiteAssets...d/DebitCard.pdf
sms2u
post Apr 25 2016, 02:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,153 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Apr 21 2016, 06:17 PM)
I wander why.
Becos bank need to follow Bank Negara instruction to diable online purchase by default for debit card. Customer need to request to enable it.
cheeyc
post Apr 25 2016, 08:04 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

can i change my debit card to ATM card? dun feel like using it, debit card has higher annual fees
moonsatelite
post Apr 25 2016, 09:48 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(cheeyc @ Apr 25 2016, 08:04 PM)
can i change my debit card to ATM card? dun feel like using it, debit card has higher annual fees
Let me recommend you Basic Savings Account then, if you withdraw cash from ATM less than 8 times a month. PLEASE change to it, it has no annual fees and it is also an interest bearing account.
sms2u
post Apr 25 2016, 11:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,153 posts

QUOTE(cheeyc @ Apr 25 2016, 08:04 PM)
Which bank u using?

QUOTE(moonsatelite @ Apr 25 2016, 09:48 PM)
Let me recommend you Basic Savings Account then, if you withdraw cash from ATM less than 8 times a month. PLEASE change to it, it has no annual fees and it is also an interest bearing account.
Some bank allow only 4 times a month. it will be difficult to open a BSA for some branches for some bank due to reasons below.
- bank staff do not train / aware of free ATM for BSA
- some bank might give excuse do not ATM card and only have debit card which must pay annual fee

To avoid these problem, pls contact HQ / cs of the bank.
They might offer you to selected branches to apply free ATM for BSA.
cheeyc
post Apr 25 2016, 11:37 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

QUOTE(sms2u @ Apr 25 2016, 11:10 PM)
Which bank u using?
Some bank allow only 4 times a month. it will be difficult to open a BSA for some branches for some bank due to reasons below.
- bank staff do not train / aware of free ATM for BSA
- some bank might give excuse do not ATM card and only have debit card which must pay annual fee

To avoid these problem, pls contact HQ / cs of the bank.
They might offer you to selected branches to apply free ATM for BSA.
I have public bank debit card which I rarely use because i open mainly for mutual fund
MilesAndMore
post Apr 26 2016, 12:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(cheeyc @ Apr 25 2016, 11:37 PM)
I have public bank debit card which I rarely use because i open mainly for mutual fund
Public Bank debit card has the same annual fee as the regular ATM card. Anyway, the only way is to change your account to a Basic Savings Account.
sms2u
post Apr 26 2016, 09:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,153 posts

QUOTE(cheeyc @ Apr 25 2016, 11:37 PM)
What MilesAndMore is open a new BSA (Basic Saving Account). the exitsting account can either leave it or close it.

QUOTE(MilesAndMore @ Apr 26 2016, 12:01 AM)
Public Bank debit card has the same annual fee as the regular ATM card. Anyway, the only way is to change your account to a Basic Savings Account.
I believe u means open a new account which is basic saing account instead of change the account type.
screwedpeep
post Apr 27 2016, 10:11 AM

Enthusiast
861 posts

^in addition to sms2u post, users need to first check if ATM withdrawal limit is tied to type of card or type of account. If tied to type of card, then you can change from limitless withdrawal with fee to without fee with withdrawal limitation. If tied to type of account, then you need to open basic saving account. You can't change type of account, since it is determined during account opening and remain as it is.

The next thing to confirm is if the bank has basic ATM card for BSA. Some banks keep insisting you to take the debit and give excuses no more basic card.

And last thing to check is if the basic card has annual fee or not. There are banks out there charge an annual fee even for a basic card.
bryon
post Apr 27 2016, 06:07 PM

Casual
390 posts

went to rhb and they told me no more issue atm card
insist me to get debit card instead
alexwsk
post Apr 27 2016, 07:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

QUOTE(bryon @ Apr 27 2016, 06:07 PM)
insist me to get  debit card instead
just complain to bnm and atm card will magically appear
MilesAndMore
post Apr 27 2016, 07:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(bryon @ Apr 27 2016, 06:07 PM)
insist me to get  debit card instead
Even if they give you a debit card, they shouldn't charge you if you have a non-fee Basic Savings Account.

And until a few weeks ago, RHB Bank had a few types of debit card with the annual fee ranging from RM8/pa to RM20/pa (not inclusive of GST). But now they have two types of RHB Bank debit card only and it comes in VISA or MasterCard with PayWave/Paypass and MyDebit feature. The annual fee for these cards are RM8/pa (no cash back) and RM12/pa (with cash back for overseas spending) respectively. Eventually all existing RHB Bank ATM and debit card holders will need to change to this new debit card.

I have a non-fee Basic Savings Account with CIMB Bank and AmBank. Both banks issue me a debit MasterCard but they don't charge me any annual fee.
FourZeroFour
post May 1 2016, 01:30 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

Security wise is it bad idea to use CIMB atm/debit card linked directly to your saving account for online purchase? Just got SMS from CIMB with instruction how to opt in for online transaction feature on the card via SMS. Should I get KWIK card instead?
FourZeroFour
post May 1 2016, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(sense_less143 @ Apr 8 2016, 02:03 PM)
Many people on this thread want to use debit card to verify paypal malaysia. I know a hack - use bitcoin debit card instead. It's virtual (instant registration and issue to your inbox) and crazy fast and easy to link to paypal malaysia. The card costs $3. I use the Wirex brand one and it supports Malaysia.

Here's how to get it - https://blog.wirexapp.com/how-to-get-wirex-card/

Here's my writeup on bitcoin debit card - http://ringgitohringgit.com/2016/02/09/spe...ns-in-malaysia/

Any Qs you can PM me, I love this card
That's news to me. Good to know the alternative. Thanks for sharing

sense_less143
post May 2 2016, 04:39 PM

Casual
428 posts

QUOTE(FourZeroFour @ May 1 2016, 01:37 PM)
That's news to me. Good to know the alternative. Thanks for sharing
No problem thumbsup.gif
poor man
post May 3 2016, 06:36 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

pbe bank 5% Cash Back on Grocery & Dining

The campaign is valid from 3 May 2016 until 31 July 2016

The Campaign is open exclusively to all PB Visa Debit Cardmembers only

T&C

https://www.pbebank.com/pdf/Promotions/tc-v...bitlanding.aspx

This post has been edited by poor man: May 3 2016, 06:36 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
sense_less143
post May 19 2016, 03:03 PM

Casual
428 posts

There's a campaign going on offering free Visa and virtual card. Relevant to this thread?

--

Wirex Malaysia Campaign - Tell us about yourself and get a Visa virtual card for FREE!

Ends 31 May 2016, or for the first 1000 respondents, whichever comes first.

Google forms link: http://goo.gl/forms/uTsNtV1qp7HVqzVb2
MilesAndMore
post May 22 2016, 05:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

As more and more banks are canceling or have canceled the rewards point or cash back feature for debit card, quite a few debit card users posted here asking for debit card that still offer rewards point or cash back.

Currently BSN is still offering rewards point for its debit card. Their partner is BCard and each RM1 charged to your BSN debit card will earn you 1 BCard point. And it cost you 100 BCard point to redeem RM1. That is as good as 1% cash back which beats the cash back or rewards point value of most credit card on the market. So if you want to continue to get some rewards out of your debit card usage, why not consider getting yourself a BSN VISA debit card.

391 Pages « < 97 98 99 100 101 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:44 PM