Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Bandar Seri Coalfields, BSC Community Thread Household

views

alligator_28
post Apr 21 2014, 06:33 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(BSCalex @ Apr 21 2014, 12:52 PM)
Actually no one like to involving in doing RA job. Same go to me. Also I think not many of us is already retired ppl.
Since this forum is the only platform I know many of us will be future BSC resident is just a kick start to let us come together first see how we can get as many as possible beside others(not from forum) to join and really forming a real BSC RA.   
I call for BSC gathering this Sunday 27/4 time: around 3~4pm venue at Duranta Basketball count playground.
Please reply name here for those coming:
1. BSCalex - Oleander
Been staying at BSC for some time now. I do not know there is a basketball court. BUt its my bad, hv yet to visit the other taman across the road.
sepusk8
post Apr 21 2014, 06:39 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(BSCalex @ Apr 21 2014, 12:52 PM)
Actually no one like to involving in doing RA job. Same go to me. Also I think not many of us is already retired ppl.
Since this forum is the only platform I know many of us will be future BSC resident is just a kick start to let us come together first see how we can get as many as possible beside others(not from forum) to join and really forming a real BSC RA.   
I call for BSC gathering this Sunday 27/4 time: around 3~4pm venue at Duranta Basketball count playground.
Please reply name here for those coming:
1. BSCalex - Oleander
2. shaiful (areca)

papadon
post Apr 21 2014, 06:59 PM

Casual
317 posts

Why don't we create a FB event and put the link here so it's easy to manage this meeting? Created an event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/84935531507...ry_type=regular

if you can't see it, please join the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bandarsericoalfields/

1 suggestion - should we meet in a mamak in Desa Coalfields or somewhere nearby instead? Weather is quite unpredictable these days and sitting with teh ais would be more comfortable biggrin.gif
clickNsnap
post Apr 21 2014, 10:39 PM

On my way
539 posts

QUOTE(awiva @ Apr 21 2014, 11:28 AM)
Just done with small reno. Now ready for alarm system

Has anybody install an alarm system. Can recommend a good installer.

Paradox or Blugard.

Don't plan to use my renovation contractor as so far his price is on the higher side.
QUOTE(affished @ Apr 21 2014, 01:23 PM)
I'm looking for installer for paradox also, so far Douglas from Belco Co. not responding...so slow...the other company (Stratel) suggest Mr Chung from JTC Sec also slow until now no quotation.

Don't used my reno contractor also, expensive and workers all Indonesian, give u high blood pressure every time job done is below average!!!
Hi awiva & affished,

May i know which contractor you are using? Try to avoid them...

By the way, plan to extend the kitchen (half extension), any idea the cost of the extension?

Also need to budget for alam system and grille (likes Three Kim Metal Work)... $$$ rclxub.gif rclxub.gif

I will try to join the gathering this Sunday 3-4pm, April 27.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by clickNsnap: Apr 21 2014, 10:42 PM
BSCalex
post Apr 22 2014, 12:07 AM

Getting Started
188 posts

Yup flyer and mamak store is a good idea n place.
Who can prepare flyer and print 100~500 over copies? Answer NO.
Desa Coalfields is not our area but any place in BSC is OK. Why no Shoplot open yet....lol
Duranta playground was the only area which i observed is the best, currently only worry whether will it suddenly rain if we really dam so unlucky just go either one of our house tongue.gif or we plan another day.
and if suddenly 20% residence turn up is 100++ ppl Restoran is also not too suitable.
My intention is few of us from Hisbicus, Banyan I, Bromila, Duranta/Oleander & Areca start forming a small individual community and later we group up each area representative as BSC phase 1 committee with more manpower.
I never involve before with all this taman taman community job. But i think we need is just make a small kick off to know each others first and day by day with more ppl start moving in BSC community can become more strong.
If no objection let just remains the same location, date n time.
1. BSCalex -Oleander
2. Shaiful -Areca

awiva
post Apr 22 2014, 09:30 AM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(BSCalex @ Apr 22 2014, 12:07 AM)
Yup flyer and mamak store is a good idea n place.
Who can prepare flyer and print 100~500 over copies? Answer NO.
Desa Coalfields is not our area but any place in BSC is OK. Why no Shoplot open yet....lol
Duranta playground was the only area which i observed is the best, currently only worry whether will it suddenly rain if we really dam so unlucky just go either one of our house tongue.gif or we plan another day.
and if suddenly 20% residence turn up is 100++ ppl Restoran is also not too suitable.
My intention is few of us from Hisbicus, Banyan I, Bromila, Duranta/Oleander & Areca start forming a small individual community and later we group up each area representative as  BSC phase 1 committee with more manpower.
I never involve before with all this taman taman community job. But i think we need is just make a small kick off to know each others first and day by day with more ppl start moving in BSC community can become more strong.
If no objection let just remains the same location, date n time.
1. BSCalex -Oleander
2. Shaiful -Areca
I feel that it is good to involve more people in the early stage, otherwise I fear things will just fizzle out.
At least can create the awareness.
The last time I talk to my contractor (he got office there), there are not so many people in BSC yet.

But since BSCalex, started this, I don't want to jump his (her? lenglui?) gun.
However I do suggest that if want to meet at 3 pm best be somewhere got shade. Otherwise end up with suntan.
There is a nice gazebo in Bromelia.

A better time will be 9-ish morning, when it is still cool.

awiva
post Apr 22 2014, 09:45 AM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(clickNsnap @ Apr 21 2014, 10:39 PM)
Hi awiva & affished,

By the way, plan to extend the kitchen (half extension), any idea the cost of the extension?

Also need to budget for alam system and grille (likes Three Kim Metal Work)... $$$  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif

Thanks.
I use one of the contractor that have office there, for small reno. (The cheaper one biggrin.gif )

They are OK, just on the expensive side, b'cos got established office-mah.

If you want to use them make sure you prepare clearly everything you need before nego.
Otherwise after contract signed, every single thing will be charged extra.

For extension, the rule-of-thumb pricing = ~ RM100 per square feet for 'usual' specs.
Best to get MDKS approval first. Buy their standard plan.
sepusk8
post Apr 22 2014, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

bsc alex/others..can we do in the mrning?
9am+ shud b better

BSCalex
post Apr 22 2014, 11:26 AM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(sepusk8 @ Apr 22 2014, 11:15 AM)
9am+ shud b better
No sure other's can make it or not? For me a bit rush. Sunday mah zzzzz
Current 6 ppl+me confirmed from FB if we did not have too crowned once we meet-up we can switch to a better place.

This post has been edited by BSCalex: Apr 22 2014, 11:29 AM
affished
post Apr 22 2014, 11:29 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(sepusk8 @ Apr 22 2014, 11:15 AM)
9am+ shud b better
Ya, If morning I can join as well...

3. Affished (areca)
affished
post Apr 22 2014, 11:30 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(clickNsnap @ Apr 21 2014, 10:39 PM)
Hi awiva & affished,

Also need to budget for alam system and grille (likes Three Kim Metal Work)... $$$  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif

Thanks.
Mine is Ho & T
affished
post Apr 22 2014, 12:17 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(chris_tco @ Apr 17 2014, 04:18 PM)
Sorry to hear this, perhads you want to install security camera or alarm. Feel free to contact my contractor, so far the service quite good, Steven 017-3336793.
What company is that? Do we in BSC have telephone line? Coz most alarm company charge us more for GSM if we dont have the fixed line cry.gif
alligator_28
post Apr 22 2014, 03:31 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(affished @ Apr 22 2014, 12:17 PM)
What company is that? Do we in BSC have telephone line? Coz most alarm company charge us more for GSM if we dont have the fixed line  cry.gif
I need Internet line!!!!
clickNsnap
post Apr 22 2014, 07:57 PM

On my way
539 posts

QUOTE(awiva @ Apr 22 2014, 10:45 AM)
I use one of the contractor that have office there, for small reno. (The cheaper oneĀ   biggrin.gif )

They are OK, just on the expensive side, b'cos got established office-mah.

If you want to use them make sure you prepare clearly everything you need before nego.
Otherwise after contract signed, every single thing will be charged extra.

For extension, the rule-of-thumb pricing = ~ RM100 per square feet for 'usual' specs.
Best to get MDKS approval first. Buy their standard plan.
QUOTE(affished @ Apr 22 2014, 12:30 PM)
Mine is Ho & T
Thanks Awiva, you means... the contractor 'Classic' office at Duranta? Noted the extension pricing... RM100 per square feet - if I would like to extent 10 feet x 10 feet = RM10,000 (I thought it will be double or triple or ... more).

Thanks Affished, saw the Ho & T banner at one of the Areca house... we are at the same row biggrin.gif

By the way, I am from Areca, I can join you all this Sunday, preferable in the afternoon 3pm.

This post has been edited by clickNsnap: Apr 22 2014, 07:58 PM
BSCalex
post Apr 22 2014, 09:11 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

Dear all BSC friends,
Due to unpredictable weather specially on evening.
Our this Sunday RA kick start meet-up venue will change from Duranta basketball to Mcdonald's Puncak Alam.
Time remain same from 4pm onward. I will be there with my SnP on table.
Sorry for the early inconvenience. See you there!
awiva
post Apr 23 2014, 12:42 AM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(clickNsnap @ Apr 22 2014, 07:57 PM)
Thanks Awiva, you means... the contractor 'Classic' office at Duranta? Noted the extension pricing... RM100 per square feet - if I would like to extent 10 feet x 10 feet = RM10,000 (I thought it will be double or triple or ... more).

Thanks Affished, saw the Ho & T banner at one of the Areca house... we are at the same row  biggrin.gif

By the way, I am from Areca, I can join you all this Sunday, preferable in the afternoon 3pm.
They are actually OK. Just that they charge higher to cover overhead, since they have office there.

Quite professional, the guy always answer call and follow up.
Everything in black n white. Good b'cos everything is clear, no arguments. Bad b'cos if you want to add any small things - $$$.

If you get an independent contractor - the one that drives round looking for projects - probably 10 -15% cheaper but risk also higher. If really gutsy - getting Indon workers yourself will be 20-40% cheaper, but may get heart attack

RM100/ sqft is the indicative price for wetwork to build the 'empty structure' which should include floor, wall, ceiling, roof, hacking, cleaning, standard floor tiles, wall tiles to 5 feet, one window and one door.
If you want better specs like concrete roof slab, pay more. if need extra wiring n plumbing, pay more.
Can be lower or higher, depending on how you nego.

I think you may want to prepare 15K, things can add up very fast - concrete table, plaster ceiling, extra light n plugpoints, sink n taps, etc etc.
awiva
post Apr 23 2014, 12:45 AM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(BSCalex @ Apr 22 2014, 09:11 PM)
Dear all BSC friends,
Due to unpredictable weather specially on evening.
Our this Sunday RA kick start meet-up venue will change from Duranta basketball to Mcdonald's Puncak Alam.
Time remain same from 4pm onward. I will be there with my SnP on table.
Sorry for the early inconvenience. See you there!
Ah. If 4 pm then really cannot make it. Family matters.

Will join the 2nd get-together. Have a good meeting, people.
BSCalex
post Apr 23 2014, 02:37 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(awiva @ Apr 23 2014, 12:45 AM)
Ah. If 4 pm then really cannot make it. Family matters.

Will join the 2nd get-together. Have a good meeting, people.
Is OK surly will be another get-together.
btw
papadon, have you inform others the new venue on FB

chris_tco
post Apr 23 2014, 03:30 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(alligator_28 @ Apr 22 2014, 03:31 PM)
I need Internet line!!!!
I need Batman!
alligator_28
post Apr 23 2014, 05:00 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(chris_tco @ Apr 23 2014, 03:30 PM)
I need Batman!
Batman???

159 Pages « < 139 140 141 142 143 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0316sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:58 AM