Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Review our site: Fleapy.com, Find the Cheapest Air Asia ticket!

views

TSFleapy
post Sep 12 2011, 11:41 AM, updated 13y ago

Getting Started
52 posts

Hey everyone, we spent couple weeks building a web application that helps ease your research in looking for the cheapest Air Asia and Air Asia X flight tickets.

We call it Fleapy , showing you the cheapest ticket for each month on your selected destinations.
The results are displayed in an uncluttered table so you can easily compare fares between months.
Plus, hunting for zero fares becomes dead simple. biggrin.gif

If you will, review our site, poke around, and tell us what you think? Many thanks smile.gif

This post has been edited by Fleapy: Sep 12 2011, 11:51 AM
wcypierre
post Sep 12 2011, 11:57 AM

Newbie Programmer
Group Icon
Elite
4,608 posts

Its quite nice indeed. But if you can have a list of the lowest fare of everyday listed on a page would be quite nice as well(your example would be good if you want to travel, but not for special cases where you would want to go back in the coming week or so).
Anyway, that's my opinion but the site is nice anyway smile.gif
gs20
post Sep 12 2011, 12:56 PM

Regular
1,685 posts

Nothing much, just that the
CODE
<noscript>
is missing.
Good if you can show some sort of message informing the users that your site rely heavily on Javascript.
kenwooi
post Sep 12 2011, 02:48 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

Nice stuff!
fionafan79
post Sep 12 2011, 04:21 PM

44 posts

Hmm.. not bad. Just hope it works during the "peak" sales period.
happy4ever
post Sep 13 2011, 04:37 AM

(✿◠‿◠) Queen of Love ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
7,194 posts

This just saved me shit loads of time from having to search for cheap flights to thailand-KL one by one.

thanks dude, i wish i could repay you with kindness. How about a dinner date? biggrin.gif
TSFleapy
post Sep 13 2011, 07:28 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(wcypierre @ Sep 12 2011, 11:57 AM)
Its quite nice indeed. But if you can have a list of the lowest fare of everyday listed on a page would be quite nice as well(your example would be good if you want to travel, but not for special cases where you would want to go back in the coming week or so).
Anyway, that's my opinion but the site is nice anyway smile.gif
Yeah, we agree with you. Although you do get a situation where the deals show up for almost each day of the month. That's definitely something to ponder about.
Thanks for suggesting and glad that you find it quite nice!

QUOTE(gs20 @ Sep 12 2011, 12:56 PM)
Nothing much, just that the
CODE
<noscript>
is missing.
Good if you can show some sort of message informing the users that your site rely heavily on Javascript.
Thanks for the suggestion, we totally forgot about that. We'll figure a way to add noscript in the next time round =)

QUOTE(kenwooi @ Sep 12 2011, 02:48 PM)
Nice stuff!
Thank you! Your blog looks good too, and its pretty huge.
The answer to your blog post from me RM40.34, if its correct? now then will i get the calculator? =x

QUOTE(fionafan79 @ Sep 12 2011, 04:21 PM)
Hmm.. not bad. Just hope it works during the "peak" sales period.
Yea, we do hope so. We have taken several measures to ensure we can keep up with Air Asia.
So far, we went thru September 20% promotion without a hitch, but, that not so much of a "mega sales", so we won't know until it happens.

QUOTE(happy4ever @ Sep 13 2011, 04:37 AM)
This just saved me shit loads of time from having to search for cheap flights to thailand-KL one by one.

thanks dude, i wish i could repay you with kindness. How about a dinner date? biggrin.gif
Haha, really glad. That is one of our goal in creating Fleapy. Saves you time from researching for the cheapest ticket, so you can concentrate on stuff that matters.
You're welcome and it is really fine. Although, a dinner date would be really awesome, somewhere in time! =D
We'll be happy to hear more good news from you!

sephirothvr
post Sep 13 2011, 09:03 AM

On my way
625 posts

really nice website n useful site. good idea n nice interface.. like it. smile.gif
wcypierre
post Sep 13 2011, 01:13 PM

Newbie Programmer
Group Icon
Elite
4,608 posts

QUOTE(Fleapy @ Sep 13 2011, 07:28 AM)
Thanks for the suggestion, we totally forgot about that. We'll figure a way to add noscript in the next time round =)
btw, I noticed that your parsing got a little bit problem. For example, I saw that the cheapest price for month jan 2011 is RM150, but when I go into Airasia's site, its RM 120 which is less than 150. However, I tried to look at other month then try to go into airasia's website to confirm it and its correct tongue.gif

CODE

<noscript>You would need to enable javascript to fully utilise our website  :hehe: </noscript>

TSFleapy
post Sep 13 2011, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(wcypierre @ Sep 13 2011, 01:13 PM)
btw, I noticed that your parsing got a little bit problem. For example, I saw that the cheapest price for month jan 2011 is RM150, but when I go into Airasia's site, its RM 120 which is less than 150. However, I tried to look at other month then try to go into airasia's website to confirm it and its correct  tongue.gif

CODE

<noscript>You would need to enable javascript to fully utilise our website  :hehe: </noscript>

Thanks for pointing that out. Did you get that by selecting the 'golden button' fare flight or the ordinary ones?
That would be helpful for us to narrow down and reduce the margin for error. Hmmph, but its good to hear that you are not having issues with other months! =)
wcypierre
post Sep 13 2011, 09:34 PM

Newbie Programmer
Group Icon
Elite
4,608 posts

what golden button fare flight?
TSFleapy
post Sep 13 2011, 09:47 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(wcypierre @ Sep 13 2011, 09:34 PM)
what golden button fare flight?
We threw in some easter eggs. As you search on Fleapy, you would find some 'Select' button highlighted in gold.
That means the fare for that flight may appear cheaper than the cheapest of the month. And probably fluctuate faster or is limited.
For instance, if you go over to http://fleapy.com/lowest/KUL/CGK/roundtrip and open up the December 2011 for departure, you will spot a few golden tags
We though that might be the reason why you came across the issue. Thanks for letting us now, as we work harder in maintaining consistencies biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Fleapy: Sep 13 2011, 09:49 PM
wcypierre
post Sep 14 2011, 12:18 AM

Newbie Programmer
Group Icon
Elite
4,608 posts

its the normal one then. not the golden button
TSFleapy
post Sep 14 2011, 11:01 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(wcypierre @ Sep 14 2011, 12:18 AM)
its the normal one then. not the golden button
Alright, we will include that into our next test case. Which destination route were you searching for, if you recalled?

Then we can fix that up! Thanks alot for notifying us about this problem smile.gif
wcypierre
post Sep 14 2011, 01:36 PM

Newbie Programmer
Group Icon
Elite
4,608 posts

should be either BKI -> KUL or the other way around. One way, the problem lies on the 1st month.
TSFleapy
post Sep 14 2011, 02:01 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(wcypierre @ Sep 14 2011, 01:36 PM)
should be either BKI -> KUL or the other way around. One way, the problem lies on the 1st month.
Noted! We'll do just that.
Hope other routes are okay for you!
sskl
post Sep 15 2011, 12:18 PM

7 posts

Nice site, i hope you guys can continue to keep up such wonderful work smile.gif
Bonescythe
post Sep 15 2011, 12:41 PM

One Quarter In...
28,187 posts

QUOTE(Fleapy @ Sep 14 2011, 02:01 PM)
Noted! We'll do just that.
Hope other routes are okay for you!
This is a nice site in fact.

Probably I will feature your site on my blog with some write up smile.gif

Ok ah?
TSFleapy
post Sep 15 2011, 12:55 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(Bonescythe @ Sep 15 2011, 12:41 PM)
This is a nice site in fact.

Probably I will feature your site on my blog with some write up smile.gif

Ok ah?
Thank you Bonescythe!

Yea sure why not, you're more than welcome to do so!
We appreciate that smile.gif
axis_lua
post Sep 15 2011, 04:48 PM

Enthusiast
929 posts

good design + business idea smile.gif
FirezZ
post Sep 16 2011, 11:26 AM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

yo bro .. u think this is legal to do so ? i mean .. extract data out from airasia and then redisplay it on your site ? i was told by the support team of air asia sometiem back then that this is against their general rules le.. so you better take note of this smile.gif

TSFleapy
post Sep 16 2011, 01:18 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Sep 16 2011, 11:26 AM)
yo bro .. u think this is legal to do so ? i mean .. extract data out from airasia and then redisplay it on your site ? i was told by the support team of air asia sometiem back then that this is against their general rules le.. so you better take note of this smile.gif
Noted about that. Thank you! smile.gif
wcypierre
post Sep 16 2011, 02:25 PM

Newbie Programmer
Group Icon
Elite
4,608 posts

@Fleapy
If you don't mind, I wonder how you extract the data from airasia? You extract the data on the fly or you pre-extract it then store it at your db then serve it to us?
TSFleapy
post Sep 17 2011, 12:46 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(wcypierre @ Sep 16 2011, 02:25 PM)
@Fleapy
If you don't mind, I wonder how you extract the data from airasia? You extract the data on the fly or you pre-extract it then store it at your db then serve it to us?
It just works, like Magic! But the more you use it, the close we get towards real-time.
Bonescythe
post Sep 17 2011, 01:56 AM

One Quarter In...
28,187 posts

QUOTE(Fleapy @ Sep 17 2011, 12:46 AM)
It just works, like Magic! But the more you use it, the close we get towards real-time.
Are you on of the technical programmer for your website?

It is cool that you are able to mirror those data out smile.gif

Probably in the future, might need to ask if you are willing to help me in some projects as well smile.gif
wcypierre
post Sep 17 2011, 08:36 AM

Newbie Programmer
Group Icon
Elite
4,608 posts

QUOTE(Fleapy @ Sep 17 2011, 12:46 AM)
sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif
cyberskull
post Sep 17 2011, 09:56 AM

Casual
409 posts

Thanks for effort!!!

Great for me to plan my trip... helps a lot..
TSFleapy
post Sep 17 2011, 11:05 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(Bonescythe @ Sep 17 2011, 01:56 AM)
Are you on of the technical programmer for your website?

It is cool that you are able to mirror those data out smile.gif

Probably in the future, might need to ask if you are willing to help me in some projects as well smile.gif
Our team only consist of 2 guys, we do everything from top to bottom.

Added on September 17, 2011, 11:08 am
QUOTE(cyberskull @ Sep 17 2011, 09:56 AM)
Thanks for effort!!!

Great for me to plan my trip... helps a lot..
Awesome! We are really glad that it helped!
And thanks for giving it a shot! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Fleapy: Sep 17 2011, 11:08 AM
enche_azril
post Sep 19 2011, 04:19 PM

14 posts

Great job guys. I'm really delighted and proud to find a great start-up from Msia instead of just Singapore and Indonesia.

For others, you might wanna check-out my post on Fleapy at Evan Hugh

smile.gif
Bonescythe
post Sep 20 2011, 11:32 PM

One Quarter In...
28,187 posts

Here is my review for your Fleapy.com

Should be able to give you a 800-900 views boost for a day, and a nice tagline for you brother.

AirAsia simplified - Fleapy.com

Cheers

This post has been edited by Bonescythe: Sep 20 2011, 11:33 PM
TSFleapy
post Sep 21 2011, 09:13 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(enche_azril @ Sep 19 2011, 04:19 PM)
Great job guys. I'm really delighted and proud to find a great start-up from Msia instead of just Singapore and Indonesia.

For others, you might wanna check-out my post on Fleapy at Evan Hugh

smile.gif
Thank you Azril for featuring us on EvanHugh!
It's really interesting you asked about the last few questions in your post. =)

QUOTE(Bonescythe @ Sep 20 2011, 11:32 PM)
Here is my review for your Fleapy.com

Should be able to give you a 800-900 views boost for a day, and a nice tagline for you brother.

AirAsia simplified - Fleapy.com

Cheers
Thanks alot Bonescythe. Thank you for blogging a post about us. We couldn't agree more with your title of Air Asia Simplified.
And yup we hope you are able to score an awesome getaway using our site! =D

The Air Asia promo event was a huge one, and we it didn't turn out the way that we would like it to be at 12am.
Anyhow, we have updated most of our routes with the promo low fares and also a step by step guide on how to make the best out of the promo.
Hope you guys find it helpful! smile.gif
happy4ever
post Sep 22 2011, 08:37 PM

(✿◠‿◠) Queen of Love ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
7,194 posts

One feature lacking is that it does not enable us to pick the range of dates, but only highlights the lowest possible fares, which may not fall on the date of our travels.

Added on September 22, 2011, 8:38 pmon another note, how do you monetize this?

i think since its tied to airasia, you can opt for them to place ads on your site, since it helps users simplify their searches. Can include other airlines as well. Then you can have trousim related ads?

This post has been edited by happy4ever: Sep 22 2011, 08:38 PM
TSFleapy
post Sep 22 2011, 11:32 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(happy4ever @ Sep 22 2011, 08:37 PM)
One feature lacking is that it does not enable us to pick the range of dates, but only highlights the lowest possible fares, which may not fall on the date of our travels.

Added on September 22, 2011, 8:38 pmon another note, how do you monetize this?

i think since its tied to airasia, you can opt for them to place ads on your site, since it helps users simplify their searches. Can include other airlines as well. Then you can have trousim related ads?
We are really sorry for that missing feature.
Yea we have been thinking about that for a bit. But we decided to keep the app simple, just pick your destinations and only show the lowest fares.
Showing more dates would be cool, but that would turn our app to be quite similar to Air Asia's offering.
Figuring that the one thing they didnt tell you is where those low fares are.
So yea, that is a missing key feature, we will continue to think about the best way to deal with that, and eventually support that. smile.gif

As for monetization, to be honest we have never thought about that yet. Fleapy is maintained as a side project by the 2 of us.
When it scales up, we will figure a way to fund it and keep it going. But for now, we think what we have now works well for us biggrin.gif

Bonescythe
post Sep 22 2011, 11:52 PM

One Quarter In...
28,187 posts

QUOTE(Fleapy @ Sep 22 2011, 11:32 PM)
As for monetization, to be honest we have never thought about that yet. Fleapy is maintained as a side project by the 2 of us.
When it scales up, we will figure a way to fund it and keep it going. But for now, we think what we have now works well for us  biggrin.gif
Just a simple google ads might sound nice smile.gif
TSFleapy
post Sep 23 2011, 02:01 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(Bonescythe @ Sep 22 2011, 11:52 PM)
Just a simple google ads might sound nice smile.gif
Yes it is. But, after thinking for a bit, we think there isn't much people who are going to click it.
The ads can be relevant/irrelevant. Adding that wouldn't really change much or help cover the entire cost.

If not many users are going to click it, then there isn't much reason for being there.
It would probably create an extra noise in the design.

We aim to give the best user experience when you're searching on Fleapy.
So when it comes to ads, we are going to think further on how/what to show biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Fleapy: Sep 23 2011, 02:03 AM
Bonescythe
post Sep 23 2011, 09:38 AM

One Quarter In...
28,187 posts

You wouldn't know if people are going to click on it or not..
Haha..

Don't judge your audience so fast without even knowing them yet smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bonescythe: Sep 23 2011, 09:38 AM
TSFleapy
post Sep 23 2011, 10:35 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(Bonescythe @ Sep 23 2011, 09:38 AM)
You wouldn't know if people are going to click on it or not..
Haha..

Don't judge your audience so fast without even knowing them yet smile.gif
Thanks, that's a really great insight!
But if we were to add Google Ads onto our page, we would need to increase its conversion/clickthrough rate.
That would mean putting it somewhere obvious and visible so users would click.
That may probably affect the user experience that we set out to create in the first place.
As for now, It's more rewarding to see users enjoy using the app rather than making some quick money out of it; but the future might be different. biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:52 PM