Yes P1 4G vs. YES 4G

views

homonculus
post Dec 7 2012, 05:12 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(pcbase @ Dec 6 2012, 08:33 AM)
u can use 3G sim card with mifi.
thanks..btw,as in "simcard-less" which provider besides YES?
TQ
SUSvuetnam
post Dec 7 2012, 05:29 PM

Regular
1,259 posts

p1
maldini3totti
post Dec 14 2012, 09:12 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

Hi

I wanted to take up a Wimax internet service and decided to take P1 as they provide a free trial for 7 days and I've had previous experience using it and the performance was acceptable.

After reading a couple of topics here on LYN, I came to a conclusion that Yes could be better than P1 but sadly they don't allow free trials. So I went to Yes at One Utama and told him that I want to subscribe. After checking on the coverage map, he said my home is under coverage but may not be good as it's surrounded by high-rise buildings.

He then went on to offer me a 1 day trial (300mb) which was great. To my pleasant surprise, the signal was continuously green and the speedtest was consistently at 8 mbps. I lived in Bandar Tun Razak Cheras and I used up the 300mb within 40 mins and confirmed the subscription.

I tried the modem sumwhere in Kepong and I got a speed of 10.1mbps and only in my office i got about 4mbps as I work on the 23rd floor in Bandar Utama.

My experience with YES has been awesome but the downside is that it's quite expensive compared to P1.
Icehart
post Dec 16 2012, 08:01 PM

All Stars
14,304 posts

QUOTE(maldini3totti @ Dec 14 2012, 09:12 PM)
My experience with YES has been awesome but the downside is that it's quite expensive compared to P1.
Quality comes with price. YES is actually kind of okay if you subscribe to their value plan and the best thing is any unused bandwidth are carried forward. smile.gif

I remember I was quite frustrated with P1 when they are down for 2 continuous days during festive season (Christmas I think). Imagine that, home without internet and they're reluctant to offer rebates or whatsoever. mad.gif
SUSErgoProxi
post Dec 25 2012, 01:10 PM

Aren't I just good enough to eat?
2,702 posts

QUOTE(Icehart @ Dec 16 2012, 08:01 PM)
Quality comes with price. YES is actually kind of okay if you subscribe to their value plan and the best thing is any unused bandwidth are carried forward.  smile.gif

I remember I was quite frustrated with P1 when they are down for 2 continuous days during festive season (Christmas I think). Imagine that, home without internet and they're reluctant to offer rebates or whatsoever.  mad.gif
yes is not down now(christmas)
Icehart
post Dec 25 2012, 01:12 PM

All Stars
14,304 posts

QUOTE(ErgoProxi @ Dec 25 2012, 01:10 PM)
yes is not down now(christmas)
YES will not be down since they depends on usage to count the bill. On the other hand, P1 always have ample and plenty of reasons to be down on this festive season, though I'm not sure if it's down right now since I've left P1 years ago.
SUSErgoProxi
post Dec 25 2012, 01:25 PM

2,702 posts

QUOTE(Icehart @ Dec 25 2012, 01:12 PM)
YES will not be down since they depends on usage to count the bill. On the other hand, P1 always have ample and plenty of reasons to be down on this festive season, though I'm not sure if it's down right now since I've left P1 years ago.
so, P1 service is a lot sh1tter than YES?
Icehart
post Dec 25 2012, 01:28 PM

All Stars
14,304 posts

QUOTE(ErgoProxi @ Dec 25 2012, 01:25 PM)
so, P1 service is a lot sh1tter than YES?
Yes.

But since then, they have released fiber package. This could be a game changer. The conventional plan is shit. I've not tried this new plan.
SUSErgoProxi
post Dec 25 2012, 01:33 PM

2,702 posts

QUOTE(Icehart @ Dec 25 2012, 01:28 PM)
Yes.

But since then, they have released fiber package. This could be a game changer. The conventional plan is shit. I've not tried this new plan.
fixed line?
sorry, 'm kinda hate fixed wired line.
p/s: I believed all wireless Broadband in Malaysia are sh1tty & so far only Maxis & YES 4G(like hell it's 4g) are the least sh1tty ones.

This post has been edited by ErgoProxi: Dec 25 2012, 01:35 PM
Icehart
post Dec 25 2012, 01:36 PM

All Stars
14,304 posts

QUOTE(ErgoProxi @ Dec 25 2012, 01:33 PM)
fixed line?
sorry, 'm kinda hate fixed wired line.
p/s: I believed all wireless Broadband in Malaysia is sh1tty & so far only Maxis & YES 4G(like hell it's 4g) is the least sh1tty ones.
Not fixed line, it's still Wimax but I think they use Unifi's backbone.
But I think the problem lies at the congestion at their tower often. Every time complain to support, the only reason they can give is congestion at tower/base. No rebates offered whatsoever, since they claim it's best effort basis.
SUSErgoProxi
post Dec 25 2012, 01:43 PM

2,702 posts

QUOTE(Icehart @ Dec 25 2012, 01:36 PM)
Not fixed line, it's still Wimax but I think they use Unifi's backbone.
But I think the problem lies at the congestion at their tower often. Every time complain to support, the only reason they can give is congestion at tower/base. No rebates offered whatsoever, since they claim it's best effort basis.
will they still be giving congestion at tower/base excuse?
ppl will wonder why they haven't solved the congestion at tower/base?
btw, the best effort basis excuse is BullSh1t.

This post has been edited by ErgoProxi: Dec 25 2012, 01:50 PM
Icehart
post Dec 25 2012, 05:42 PM

All Stars
14,304 posts

QUOTE(ErgoProxi @ Dec 25 2012, 01:43 PM)
will they still be giving congestion at tower/base excuse?
ppl will wonder why they haven't solved the congestion at tower/base?
btw, the best effort basis excuse is BullSh1t.
Yes, it's pure bullshit and an excuse to escape the problem.
kenviro
post Sep 11 2014, 05:04 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

I should let everyone know that the support for YES Internet is terrible. I their support hotline 0183330000 and waited a long time (like 10 minutes) but no one customer service personnel answered. The phone automated service keep on asking you to press "2" every 45 minutes (which is unacceptable because it is inconvenient to have to keep pressing the button) to continue waiting I also left my phone number to be called back but no one call back either.

Bad, bad customer service and support from YES Internet.
kenng9
post Mar 25 2015, 12:23 PM

1 posts

Dear Sir,

My Yes id : kenng9@yes.my

I wish to bring to your attention of what I have to experience in wanting to terminate my account with your esteemed MNC, it all happened today 21/3/15. Please note the below :

9.30am : called your hotline 0183330000, your staff Varnand handled my call. I informed my intention to terminate my account and he said, not too friendly tone, he can send me forms to be filled, and submit copies of id together. I asked for alternative and simpler method.
He said I could visit your Yes centre myself, bring along my id to process the termination. I asked for nearest centre in Selangor and 2 centres were informed, 1 in 1Utama and the other in Klang.
Without delay I proceeded to 1Utama, which took me 45 mins to reach there. Quickly I got a parking space and located your centre,, that was already 10.30am. The minute i stepped into the centre, there's no one in the counter but left a number to contact. Obviously I calleda it and noticed that your staff Hafiz was behind a closet having breakfast. I informed my intention and to my huge disappointment, he said I need to go to KL Sentral to perform the termination. I don't have any choice then because that Hafiz said he couldn't do anything from there. I truly felt that I was fooled to move around, not to mention the heavy traffic I had to go through, but wasn't able to perform what I originally intended to, simply to terminate my account.

At 10.45am I called your hotline again and a girl named Hardil answered, I informed of all the wrong information provided and all the time, effort, monies wasted. I requested to speak to the manager but surprisingly there's no superior person is able to attend to my complaint. I was told that I will get a reply from the manager on duty within the same day. Without any choices I decided to return home to wait for the call. It is now 5.40pm and I still do not receive any call.

Summary of my experience :
1) unable to perform simple termination over phone call even though with today's tech
2) hearing an unfriendly, unprofessional, wrong advise from your tele officer
3) having the need to get stuck in traffic, 45mins into 1U, and 35mins needed to get out
4) not receiving in timely manner your manager to attend to my complaint.

I'm actually super surprised that I got this kind of service to being fooled around wasting 1/3 of my day, and this comes from a company owned by well known MNC.
Do you think that the general public need to be notify of such incident so they can take extra steps to verify all information provided by your centre ? So they don't have to waste their time like what I've gone through ?

The best part is after writing to their Yescare, I still don't get respond after 5 days (weekend + 3 working days).

Fr your very sad, annoyed and disappointed customer.
Ng

faizalmzain
post Jun 24 2015, 01:10 AM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(kenng9 @ Mar 25 2015, 12:23 PM)
Dear Sir,

My Yes id : kenng9@yes.my

I wish to bring to your attention of what I have to experience in wanting to terminate my account with your esteemed MNC, it all happened today 21/3/15. Please note the below :

9.30am : called your hotline 0183330000, your staff Varnand handled my call. I informed my intention to terminate my account and he said, not too friendly tone, he can send me forms to be filled, and submit copies of id together. I asked for alternative and simpler method.
He said I could visit your Yes centre myself, bring along my id to process the termination. I asked for nearest centre in Selangor and 2 centres were informed, 1 in 1Utama and the other in Klang.
Without delay I proceeded to 1Utama, which took me 45 mins to reach there. Quickly I got a parking space and located your centre,, that was already 10.30am. The minute i stepped into the centre, there's no one in the counter but left a number to contact. Obviously I calleda it and noticed that your staff Hafiz was behind a closet having breakfast. I informed my intention and to my huge disappointment, he said I need to go to KL Sentral to perform the termination. I don't have any choice then because that Hafiz said he couldn't do anything from there. I truly felt that I was fooled to move around, not to mention the heavy traffic I had to go through, but wasn't able to perform what I originally intended to, simply to terminate my account.

At 10.45am I called your hotline again and a girl named Hardil answered, I informed of all the wrong information provided and all the time, effort, monies wasted. I requested to speak to the manager but surprisingly there's no superior person is able to attend to my complaint. I was told that I will get a reply from the manager on duty within the same day. Without any choices I decided to return home to wait for the call. It is now 5.40pm and I still do not receive any call.

Summary of my experience :
1) unable to perform simple termination over phone call even though with today's tech
2) hearing an unfriendly, unprofessional, wrong advise from your tele officer
3) having the need to get stuck in traffic, 45mins into 1U, and 35mins needed to get out
4) not receiving in timely manner your manager to attend to my complaint.

I'm actually super surprised that I got this kind of service to being fooled around wasting 1/3 of my day, and this comes from a company owned by well known MNC.
Do you think that the general public need to be notify of such incident so they can take extra steps to verify all information provided by your centre ? So they don't have to waste their time like what I've gone through ?

The best part is after writing to their Yescare, I still don't get respond after 5 days (weekend + 3 working days).

Fr your very sad, annoyed and disappointed customer.
Ng
i terminated my account just by sending email to support and they asked to fill up the form and return the form to them and it's settled. it took only a few minutes doing it at home. you don't have to go anywhere or make any calls doh.gif
some more they forfeited the bill amounted to RM400++, no question ask since my account is under proton deal and i did not notice my account is still active.

This post has been edited by faizalmzain: Jun 24 2015, 01:11 AM
SUSPLOUFFLE
post Sep 28 2015, 07:35 PM

Casual
442 posts

QUOTE(faizalmzain @ Jun 24 2015, 01:10 AM)
i terminated my account just by sending email to support and they asked to fill up the form and return the form to them and it's settled. it took only a few minutes doing it at home. you don't have to go anywhere or make any calls doh.gif
some more they forfeited the bill amounted to RM400++, no question ask since my account is under proton deal and i did not notice my account is still active.
you buy preve and get free 6 months yes 4g ?
Cloud2322
post Oct 20 2015, 06:50 PM

Bob Marley
517 posts

Anybody is interested to buy my yes 4g huddle with proton account?
2gb every month for 1 year..

I'm selling at RM400..

Thanks!
myteam94
post Oct 23 2015, 10:27 PM

Casual
400 posts

guys

The P1 ToGO Broadband
is it good?
planning to terminate my Yes 98 plan

the P1 provide 1MBPs but unlimited where as Yes provide 6GB pure 4G.
should i change to P1 or stick with Yes?
SUSjudehow
post Oct 25 2015, 10:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,118 posts

P1 got cooling period for 7 day anything can return back with in that days

11 Pages « < 9 10 11Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0389sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:42 PM