Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ALL NEW DiGi Prepaid BlackBerry Unlimited at RM25, another competitor pressures prepaid BIS

views

redscorpion
post Sep 7 2011, 01:47 AM

Group Icon
Staff
2,106 posts

hi there. im currently subscribing to the blackberry unlimited daily plan rm0.98 a day. but im encountering this crazy credit deduction problem and im not sure whats the cause of it.

before this i was told that i should use the diginet apn to avoid being charged if using whatsapp, foursquare and other 3rd party apps but sadly im still being charged. so i called up the CS and they told me to just leave the settings as default. dont need to add manually any apn.

so i tried that, and im still being charged. so i suspect that there are certain apps eating my credit. i deleted all the apps and left with only facebook, ubersocial, bbm, whatsapp, yahoo messenger and foursquare. but yet, im still being extra charged on top of the daily rm0.98. then i suspect its the whatsapp, internet browsing and foursquare as some people say that its not covered in the BIS.

however, today i tried some experiment. left with only rm0.03 since yesterday evening, i tried all the apps: facebook, ubersocial, bbm, yahoo messenger and even whatsapp, foursquare and internet browsing. surprisingly, im not being extra charged at all. but im sure when i reload my credit tomorrow, it will start to eat my credit like hell again.

sorry for the long post. any help people? thanks
redscorpion
post Sep 7 2011, 10:00 AM

Group Icon
Staff
2,106 posts

called them and now trying the method that they taught. reloaded again this morning and until now, everything looks good *touchwood*. can use all the BIS apps including whatsapp, foursquare and browsing without any extra credit deduction.
redscorpion
post Sep 8 2011, 04:16 AM

Group Icon
Staff
2,106 posts

QUOTE(zellleonhart @ Sep 7 2011, 12:29 PM)
Can you share the method they taught you here? Many of us are encountering this issue... Thanks!
of course.

heres what i did. but im using the daily unlimited plan rm0.98. so other prepaid blackberry plan im not sure. it might work with the monthly unlimited plan. other plan you can give it a try urself.

firstly, go to options -- device - advanced system settings -- browser push. untick everything except "enable push".

then, go back and go to tcpip. untick those two.

then, go back and go to service book. delete everything thats not using the blackberry.net. u can check it by opening the service. the details is in the 3rd table. as example, delete all the wap connection.

as i was told, if u restart ur phone or u do a battery pull, it will reset the service book and all the wap services are back again. so u have to delete it again. im not sure about this as i havent tried yet. but most importantly, just be sure that whenever u start ur phone, all the wap services in the service book are already deleted.

currently im using bbm, facebook, ubersocial, whatsapp, foursquare and internet browsing without any extra charge up until now since yesterday. good luck!

redscorpion
post Sep 26 2011, 01:49 AM

Group Icon
Staff
2,106 posts

QUOTE(raikko5 @ Sep 20 2011, 11:26 PM)
anyone subscribe for 1mths....
pls tell us.. do your credit will be deduct on top of RM25
if using foursquare and whatsapp??

* already try using daily... whne i using foursquare..
its cost me another rm3..... cry.gif
read my reply above smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0125sec    0.73    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:09 PM