Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

°° LYN Honda Insight Owners Thread V4 °°,, The Power Of Hybrid. Owners Welcome ! !

views

I-Kurosaki
post Aug 20 2011, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

Reserved

This post has been edited by I-Kurosaki: Aug 23 2011, 12:53 PM
I-Kurosaki
post Aug 20 2011, 08:16 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(loonsave @ Aug 20 2011, 08:12 PM)
no idea, anyone can look for the link?
TS, here you go, V1
I-Kurosaki
post Aug 21 2011, 11:10 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

TS, feel free to use my post as the first post. It was intended to be that way, for the benefit of owners and future ones. Once you have pin them up, i will remove my redundant post.

Oh yea, btw, I've added the selling price also, and if you think its proper, try to show few photos of insights in 4 colors. Some ppl will like to see the actual color on the road...

Will take time to fully digest V2 & V3 so that I can come out with a FAQ, problems & solutions, and mods/tips that can be shared.

This post has been edited by I-Kurosaki: Aug 21 2011, 11:16 PM
I-Kurosaki
post Aug 23 2011, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(ongdennis @ Aug 23 2011, 07:25 AM)
I also think of that but it too late d.my one already scratch by my shoe....

Added on August 23, 2011, 8:23 amdo you all notice that during rainy day, the car engine will start back very fast after it auto stop.
QUOTE(DaBestOne @ Aug 23 2011, 02:54 PM)
is it bcoz the engine is cold..? lol.. dunno.. im just guessing..
It's part of insight tiny but thoughtful feature basically. During rain, when u have engage the wiper, the auto idle stop will last shorter duration due to the fact that it will avoid mist develop in ur car windscreen.
FYI, mist will appear on windscreen if the cabin temp is hotter/higher than outside temp, especially is much colder. This is very much like condensation effect. This will affect visibilty when driving. So insight have taken care of that.
I-Kurosaki
post Aug 24 2011, 06:14 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Aug 23 2011, 10:18 PM)
no need to request, the SC always put the leftover in my car after the service.
QUOTE(bafukie @ Aug 24 2011, 09:06 AM)
Lol.... Afaik they always return the unused oil to respective customers..  nod.gif
same here. SC that I frequent also gives back the leftover semi oil to me.

QUOTE(infinitium @ Aug 24 2011, 02:41 PM)
Did u know all our IN2 Hybrids can swim? Just went thru 2ft flash floods... downshift to L, crawl slowly @ 8km/h... pray won't stall smile.gif
user posted image
ohmy.gif 2 ft?!?! swim nvm, dun float enuf dy tongue.gif or worse short circuit~!

Added on August 24, 2011, 6:21 pm
QUOTE(Kensim00 @ Aug 24 2011, 05:17 PM)
lol test drive. i justtttt only.. let my colleague drive my car.. and scratched my chrome rim!! yesterday i scratched my bumper.. today he scratched my rim..
what do you guys normally do when your friend/colleague scratched ur car accidentally?
i can only think of letting it be.. free lunch/dinner im not interested. just learn the lesson that's all?
ppl will nvr learn the lesson if they are not punished. The punishment will either make them regret or instill fear in their mind. I will make them pay for my visit to tukang urut or force them open bottle when clubbing brows.gif

This post has been edited by I-Kurosaki: Aug 24 2011, 06:21 PM
I-Kurosaki
post Aug 24 2011, 08:01 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

Barely 2 weeks ago, I just had my ICE upgraded over the weekend at an accessories shop. I had the original 4 speakers (looks like thin reflective plastic cone to me) pulled apart and re-use the speaker casing. 6.5" speakers will be able to fit nicely at door chasis. Just to share with you guys on the ICE installation:

1) Tweeters are placed at the front mesh panels, where they are supposed to be in the 1st place. HM has removed the tweeters in order to make Insight priced 'competitively'. Recommended to slot in cloth in between the plastic panels and the surrounding dash before pry open with flathead screwdriver. Or else, you might accidentally scratch the pastic dash...I had mine scratch, but a tiny one.
user posted image
End result, the tweeters are attached to the panels by superglue. The cables are lined all the way down the pillar and routed to the amp.

2) Replaced all ori speakers with 4 mid bass at every passenger doors. Initially 'heartbroken' when sifu ripped apart the door trims, exposing the bare door chasis. He went ahead to 'destroy' the ori speakers so that the speaker casing can be re-used.
user posted image

user posted image

3) As for the amps, sifu creatively installed the amp at the front passenger foot rest, beneath the floor mat. Unlike the typical location at passenger underseat, tuning can be done without difficulties and the bottom A/C blower can cool the temp of the amps if engaged. Beneath the floor mat, there's a polysterene board; sifu just cut-out an opening to suit the amps.
user posted image

user posted image
Finished product. The amp is barely noticeable when I step on it. Hopefully it's durable enuf~! tongue.gif Im using Dominations ES 4-ch amp; its relatively small and light (fit perfectly within the poly board), decent output and doesn't eat up too much power from source.

user posted image
View when glove box was removed to allow cable connections. Take note of the dust & pollen filter (rectangular piece) next to the connectors.

4) The HU was partially removed as well to route cabling between amp. Be careful when try to remove the HU, as the metal frame of the HU will easily scratch the surrounding plastic dash that house the HU. So it is advisable to place a cloth below the HU during removal process
user posted image

user posted image
Fuse in between connections of amp and 12V battery.

user posted image
Cable routing through the firewall on the metal chasis.

Overall the ICE setup cost me about 2k. The sound from CDs played is definitely much better than the stock speakers, glad that i got rid of them. The vocals are crisp and clear, and surprisingly mid bass is strong. Btw, Im using Dominations D'lite 6.5" mid bass for back speakers...they are good when tuned to woofer-like. Front mid bass are installed with Dominations D'lite pro and they are improved with kicker bass. I have no active sub installed as back mid bass has been tuned to take care of that.

I felt that placing the tweeters on the A-pillar could have better sound staging compared to being hidden within the front panels. Current setup still lack of low freq support, so in future I might look into shallow woofers and monos, at least they will not take up huge boot space. Due to the strong mid bass, all of 4 doors suffered from vibration, so might considered sound dampening as well to contain the bass. Haih, right now no more juice for poison & wife already complaining tongue.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

For more info, those interested to upgrade their ICE can refer to watonk's ICE DIY guide & infinitium's ICE setup also. Will pinned them up if I have time.

I-Kurosaki
post Sep 2 2011, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(SteadyPana @ Sep 2 2011, 02:37 PM)
Just take a look on the AP documents stated it's being declared as RM57K. shocking.gif
Wait till u peek at Prius AP pricetag, u will go shocking.gifshocking.gif
After that u try to compare with the actual selling price of a Camry in Thailand, u will go shocking.gifshocking.gifshocking.gif
I-Kurosaki
post Sep 3 2011, 10:15 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(psyeo @ Sep 3 2011, 03:40 PM)
Am keen to see how much the Toyota declare the price of their car in the AP..
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I-Kurosaki
post Sep 16 2011, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(sbanboy @ Sep 15 2011, 05:24 PM)
[attachmentid=2436726]
Very near liow .... I can do it !!! Mileage at 8300 km... I usually drive at the speed limit.....
[attachmentid=2436730]
This is what I use to keep my car fresh and keeps me awake and refreshed .... the Medklinn Autosens smile.gif
kns, so busy until no time to troll LYN nowadays.

Got my trophy @ 7800 km months ago...but didnt manage to capture. It just pop out of the blue. I remember joshua bro got his trophy also around 7500 km. You can choose to reset them, but didnt bother to do it.

Nice stuff medklinn! Have one at home, but not for car interior. Definitely helps, especially I'm a sinus guy blush.gif

Just to share my FC observed for the past 6 months:

Previous service - 10km
Next service - 15km

Trip detail to work - 45km one way (from Port Klang to Mutiara Damansara). Use NKVE, exit @ Subang Interchange. So averagely is 40% highway, 60% city (I dun consider LDP as highway btw)

FC with ECON - 20-21 km/l
FC without ECON - 18-19 km/l

All of this are observed between home and working place. I'm driving normally like my previous ride (1.5, manual) albeit more manipulation of momentum & medium throttle to 70-90km/h from idle, so I'm mostly in blue and dark blue zone from 0-70 (I dun crawl like snail and maintain green zone). Average speed on highway is 110-120km/h. Occasional WOT to 4k rpm for overtaking. (5k rpm with S mode).

So in summary, the FC largely depends on the right foot, type of journey covered and momentum manipulation. Oh yea, please monitor your RPM as well, it helps. Sometimes highway also can experience stop and go traffic ( vmad.gif NKVE vmad.gif ), or smooth city driving, and these affect FC reading.

One thing worth to take note of our Insight RPM:
100km/h - 2000 rpm
125km/h - 2500 rpm

So it is still fuel-efficient to maintain speeds between 100km/h to 120km/h. Even myvi and vios can only reach 80km/h @ 2000 rpm (also observed from my sisters' cars)
I-Kurosaki
post Oct 10 2011, 03:53 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

My service interval is every 7500km according to my SC. This is being shown on sticker (next service is 17.5k, after my 10k service). What about u guys?
I-Kurosaki
post Oct 10 2011, 05:23 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(STC @ Oct 10 2011, 04:12 PM)
Are you using synthetic oil?
Semi syn oil.
QUOTE(iTrump @ Oct 10 2011, 04:35 PM)
Which SC are you servicing your Insight?
Actmar klang.
I-Kurosaki
post Oct 11 2011, 01:51 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(n00b123 @ Oct 11 2011, 08:29 AM)
weird...my service center in puchong requires me to go back for service every 5,000km interval
furthermore, they never return me the balance of engine oil everytime I went there for service hmm.gif
perhaps i should switch to the SC in Klang
This is a serious matter, bro. There are irregular practices among Honda service centers, even they are under the same umbrella. I think this due to the fact that HM has no direct control over the these SC, unlike UMW has over their SC whereby all of these SC's operation is being regulated by UMW. Correct me if I'm wrong.
To me, it seems like the dealers are actually running the show behind these SC. Why is it that I'm getting 7k service interval while others offer 5k service interval only? Worse, some didn't even return the balance engine oil. At least HM has to ensure service operation is standardize across all SC.
I-Kurosaki
post Oct 18 2011, 10:31 AM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(xtrabite @ Oct 18 2011, 07:16 AM)
there is a seal where the wire from engine go into the body, not properly sealed..
so the water from outside can go into the car...
honda already aware this issue and they enforced the SC to check that issue during 1k servie, and I just got the bad apple.. and they apparently didnt check it..
Btw, I just had an accident with unknown object (possibly tayar celup lori) at KM266 toward south...
my bumber kemek...  cry.gif
Bro, the seal u mention, is it the firewall, which separates the engine compartment n the interior chasis?
How long have u been driving the car? So many unlucky stuff u encountered. Better go pray pray dude~! tongue.gif
I-Kurosaki
post Nov 10 2011, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

I envy u guys, I only can drive my insight during the weekends cos I'm working in SG now. Occasionally I will drive in with my car if I'm tired with bus or I require mobility or flexibility here (yea, screw the VEP n parking fees).
I'm back in klang most of the weekends. Notice insight is a rare breed here. Heard it cost SGD 120k with Coe. Gonna drive back in insight tmr.
I-Kurosaki
post Nov 11 2011, 01:03 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(limkj @ Nov 10 2011, 06:29 PM)
I thought you are not allowed to drive Malaysian registered cars in Singapore if you are A Malaysian with a Singapore work permit or a Singaporean Citizen.
EP holders still can drive MY cars in SG, provided u can absorb the weekdays VEP n also the parking fees. Unless u rent a condo unit or u have relative staying in landed property, then u can park for free.
Don't tell me on 6 hrs thing, that's the written law. I have couple of frens n seen ppl drive their MY cars into SG for a week, esp those who park at changi n fly from there.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0447sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:05 AM