Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Myvi Lagi Best VS New Hyundai i10, Small hatchback at around 50k

views

TSyzlum
post Aug 9 2011, 10:17 PM, updated 13y ago

41 posts

I know that both of these car just came out with their latest versions.
I am planning to get either of these cars for my mum, but I couldn't make up my mind.

Most important factors:
1. Reliability
2. Safety
3. Fuel Consumption
4. Asian cars at about RM 50k

Additional Information:
She will use the car to go to work everyday, which is around 3km from our house.
And sometimes to my grandparent's house, which is 6km away.
The car would be driven only in Penang.

Please do not suggest any other models.
TSyzlum
post Aug 9 2011, 10:50 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(Jaroque @ Aug 9 2011, 10:25 PM)
you should go test drive. Usually it boils down to on hand user eperience..the myvi for example may fulfill and outwin some of the factors listed..but when u drive hyundai and u realise it picks up faster..more smoother and such u may in the end opt for a hyundai.
Yes She tested both already.. and its been for 2 days she still cannot make decision.. that's why i open this thread to ask for help ^^

Added on August 9, 2011, 10:52 pm
QUOTE(V12Kompressor @ Aug 9 2011, 10:39 PM)
user posted image

lagi best!

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Haha.. Yea.. Totally Agree with you.. My mum drives very slowly and carefully. She wants a small car cause its easy to park..

This post has been edited by yzlum: Aug 9 2011, 10:52 PM
TSyzlum
post Aug 10 2011, 08:48 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(Area51SE @ Aug 10 2011, 12:16 AM)
Oh guys =.= Stop with those accident pictures. Every brand cars involves in accident k and it's not gonna prove anything.

I've no idea about all the factors you asked for. Didn't really did a comparison between these 2 cars. anyways IMO, the design of the new myvi is nicer compared to the Hyundai i10. Well about safety, Not sure since the above NCAP Crash test for Myvi was the 2005 one not the 2010 one. But I believe both of them are almost the same. Reliability I guess would be Hyundai i10 since it's a Foreign car, it should be less problem. Fuel Consumption wise. Both cars should be almost the same since Myvi is well known with its FC and Hyundai i10 is a compact car with a CVT engine which saves more fuel. Other factors like 2nd hand value , spare parts, maintainance cost would be Myvi since Myvi is a local car, higher 2nd hand value due to demand,easily get spare parts here and cheaper maintainance cost

Lastly, I apologise if any wrong information . Correct me if I'm wrong k
Oh.. Ic.. Thank you for your explanation very much.. So if hyundai i10 wins in both reliability and safety, and fuel consumption for both cars is almost the same..

I guess the i10 will be more suitable for my mum.. And the poll results says so too.. Ok thank you very much for all of you helping me make the choice ^^

Added on August 10, 2011, 8:49 am
QUOTE(OKLY @ Aug 10 2011, 12:52 AM)
The new MyVi Lagi Best now has better NVH, guess they improved some sound/noise insulation and the extra 4HP does give the engine a slightly better feel (compared to my sis' first gen MyVi). Apart from that, the new MyVi does feature a new electric power steering and it does make the drive a better experience when going at highway speeds since the steering will be tighter and will become lighter at static or low speeds. The MyVi is also more spacious compared to the i10.

However, the i10 does have its advantages such as really good fuel consumption and apparently the feel/handling of the car is good as well. I did not test drive an i10 before but sat inside one during a roadshow and I feel the i10 to be a little small and I would definitely appreciate the more spacious cabin in the MyVi.

But based on a lot of feedback, the i10 is still a good car. Maybe you can draw the lines but asking yourself or your mom if a bigger cabin space is needed? Then you should already have a clear answer because I think the main difference lies at the cabin space.

Price wise if we compare the MyVi Premium and i10 1.25 Kappa Full Specs, price is around 50k and 54k respectively. Both are locally assembled so nothing much to separate them here. From what I usually hear, many actually would prefer the more spacious cabin in the MyVi and therefore concluded their choice easily.
This post has been edited by yzlum: Aug 10 2011, 08:49 AM
TSyzlum
post Aug 10 2011, 12:06 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(OKLY @ Aug 10 2011, 11:40 AM)
Don't forget the i10 has this famous EPS issue where it suddenly fails and the whole car will be stalled. I think you can just type in Google, i10 EPS, and a lot of results will come out. Not sure if this problem is already rectified in the latest batch or not but hopefully it is.
Ya i researched about that before, that's why we cant make our decision.. Anyone here can clarify that the problem had been solve?

Cause the salesman here in Penang said they never heard of such problem before... which makes me wonder..

Added on August 10, 2011, 12:07 pm
QUOTE(diadokmai @ Aug 10 2011, 11:22 AM)
the problem is not because they choose  MYVi.
its becoz the myVi's driver so many of them drive dangerously

if ur mother is carefull driver..both car is no probs..
is ur mum is a racers...better dont thinkabout those car
promote her to buy Lamborghini instead or those cars

Added on August 10, 2011, 11:25 amfrom my experience MYVI driver so many of them drive too fast in highway..
they think their car like Lamborghini reverton?

tht wahy la excident like tht happen...try drive like the wise driver on road..they can guaranteed them and other people safe all the way back home
=) My mum is a slow and safe driver..

This post has been edited by yzlum: Aug 10 2011, 12:07 PM
TSyzlum
post Aug 10 2011, 03:11 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(hazxkh @ Aug 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
for 50k can get more spacious Persona already...
We have 2 sedans and 1 4WD in our house d.. so she wants a small hatchback around 50k.. cause go to work and back only.. easy to park..
TSyzlum
post Aug 17 2011, 11:40 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(Aaron135LC @ Aug 15 2011, 03:00 PM)
TS already test drive both car d wat... u din read previous post ar..?

and now we all waiting for him to ask if his mum can list down the pros n cons for both the cars.. icon_rolleyes.gif
Haha.. Thanks you all for being so helpful and kind.

My mum had decided d.. Since she cant decide between both of these cars, she wants to wait for another 2-3 years before changing car d..
By then maybe will increase budget and have more cars to choose from

Added on August 17, 2011, 11:41 am
QUOTE(tonguacha @ Aug 16 2011, 11:42 PM)
just booked a i10 1.25 this evening... after comparing myvi and i10 for almost a month.
for exterior i vote for myvi
for interior (dashboard) i vote for myvi
for spaces---myvi
but after test drive several time in different showroom tongue.gif  tongue.gif
for handling, sound resisting, suspension, the solid feel blush.gif  i vote for i10
for me its more enjoyable driving i10
Haha.. Happy for you.. Enjoy ur i10 ^^

Added on August 17, 2011, 11:43 am
QUOTE(turbocharged @ Aug 15 2011, 03:07 PM)
well, sometimes test drive doesnt mean anything if they are only doing it for 1 time.

any car if you go test drive you'll have pleasant feeling, unless u drive new mercedes  as daily ride.

at below rm50k, i dont see the reason to get non-local car. unless for rm50k below you wanna drive 10 years, otherwise maintenance and second hand value comes first, its a economical car after all.

if you're mass consumer, follow the mass consumer choice.

of cos ,thats just my opinion.
Haha.. Actually we had tested the Myvi for 5 times already and go as far as half the Penang Island..
i10 we have tested 3 times already.. Also almost half the Penang Island..

My mum even tested the Suzuki Swift and didn't like it..

This post has been edited by yzlum: Aug 17 2011, 11:43 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0403sec    0.27    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:59 PM