Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Myvi Lagi Best VS New Hyundai i10, Small hatchback at around 50k

views

TSyzlum
post Aug 9 2011, 10:17 PM, updated 13y ago

41 posts

I know that both of these car just came out with their latest versions.
I am planning to get either of these cars for my mum, but I couldn't make up my mind.

Most important factors:
1. Reliability
2. Safety
3. Fuel Consumption
4. Asian cars at about RM 50k

Additional Information:
She will use the car to go to work everyday, which is around 3km from our house.
And sometimes to my grandparent's house, which is 6km away.
The car would be driven only in Penang.

Please do not suggest any other models.
Jaroque
post Aug 9 2011, 10:25 PM

Enthusiast
995 posts

you should go test drive. Usually it boils down to on hand user eperience..the myvi for example may fulfill and outwin some of the factors listed..but when u drive hyundai and u realise it picks up faster..more smoother and such u may in the end opt for a hyundai.
V12Kompressor
post Aug 9 2011, 10:27 PM

No carrots here
2,119 posts

bring your mom test drive both and see she prefer which one?

Some old ladies I knew they prefer a small/narrow car.
masz94
post Aug 9 2011, 10:30 PM

16 posts

i10... It pawns Myvi in most aspect , u name it, FC, Power Safety, tech...etc.... nod.gif
conan1
post Aug 9 2011, 10:33 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

i10 really nice yaww with new facelift...cvvt engine....
Daniel John
post Aug 9 2011, 10:38 PM

38 posts

i 10 pawn myvi is it?

good luck!
user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
V12Kompressor
post Aug 9 2011, 10:39 PM

No carrots here
2,119 posts

user posted image

lagi best!

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by V12Kompressor: Aug 9 2011, 10:43 PM
mockv1per
post Aug 9 2011, 10:43 PM

ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ
4,010 posts

and whats the point of that pic? every i10 will turn sideways?
TSyzlum
post Aug 9 2011, 10:50 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(Jaroque @ Aug 9 2011, 10:25 PM)
you should go test drive. Usually it boils down to on hand user eperience..the myvi for example may fulfill and outwin some of the factors listed..but when u drive hyundai and u realise it picks up faster..more smoother and such u may in the end opt for a hyundai.
Yes She tested both already.. and its been for 2 days she still cannot make decision.. that's why i open this thread to ask for help ^^

Added on August 9, 2011, 10:52 pm
QUOTE(V12Kompressor @ Aug 9 2011, 10:39 PM)
user posted image

lagi best!

Haha.. Yea.. Totally Agree with you.. My mum drives very slowly and carefully. She wants a small car cause its easy to park..

This post has been edited by yzlum: Aug 9 2011, 10:52 PM
masz94
post Aug 9 2011, 10:58 PM

16 posts

TS don't choose Myvi, coz Myvi engine compartment is very easy to open from outside & battery is easily stolen by thieves. Also the car alarm&safety is system is very bad.

Go Utube & search.....
V12Kompressor
post Aug 9 2011, 11:25 PM

No carrots here
2,119 posts

QUOTE(yzlum @ Aug 9 2011, 10:50 PM)

Added on August 9, 2011, 10:52 pm
Haha.. Yea.. Totally Agree with you.. My mum drives very slowly and carefully. She wants a small car cause its easy to park..
Hyundai then. hands down

narrow and tall, visibility is good all around. smile.gif
conan1
post Aug 9 2011, 11:27 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(Daniel John @ Aug 9 2011, 10:38 PM)
i 10 pawn myvi is it?

good luck!
user posted image

then how bout this?
user posted image
psycho1
post Aug 9 2011, 11:32 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(conan1 @ Aug 9 2011, 11:27 PM)
then how bout this?
user posted image
hardcore leh this myvi... thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
how did he manage to do that in a housing area... the P license try to drift his myvi??
masz94
post Aug 9 2011, 11:33 PM

16 posts

i 10 pawn myvi is it?

good luck!
user posted image

Maybe 1 only but still in one piece tough. Myvi is famous for it tendency to turn turtle. Just search google Myvi ter.... & the word terbalik pops!....

http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/articles...kanmaut/Article

http://www.theborneopost.com/2010/11/20/th...-road-accident/

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Till morning oso I won't finish uploading all the pics coz there's to many..... LOL

RIP all the Accident victim. Why la they choose Myvi. Pity them..... cry.gif
nzh0920
post Aug 9 2011, 11:38 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

if they drive like a racing driver on the road , give them benz / volvo also die la, pity what? they deserve it.

btw, i go sit insde i10 , look at the dash board , very boring, simple design, but cannot ask too much on 50k car right?
not test drive i10 b4 cant comment

but i test drive my fren new myvi,

engine very rough , rev up 6k like engine gonna blown soon
interior acceptable la , but don like to many carbon fiber pattern , not classy at all, and look so cheap,
suspension setting is not that good, bumpy, dont know is my fren just take car and let me test drive he dont have check the tires pressure or what, cause usually factory bump over pressure,
can see rear passenger seat leg room improve, a big plus from me.
downside is price increase a lot , not that value for me,
but this sell like hot cake model you no need to worry about 2nd price and part lo, can get it very easy.

This post has been edited by nzh0920: Aug 9 2011, 11:44 PM
xavi5567
post Aug 9 2011, 11:38 PM

\(●'Å'●)/
3,347 posts

QUOTE(masz94 @ Aug 9 2011, 10:58 PM)
TS don't choose Myvi, coz Myvi engine compartment is very easy to open from outside & battery is easily stolen by thieves. Also the car alarm&safety is system is very bad.

Go Utube & search.....
haiyo.. this 1 only happen to pre facelift model la... post facelift and lagi best tak ada problem liao la... shakehead.gif doh.gif
hokuan
post Aug 9 2011, 11:58 PM

Regular
1,336 posts

You should bring her for test drive to decide, both save fuel, spare parts wont cause bankruptcy, good cars.
masz94
post Aug 10 2011, 12:05 AM

16 posts

Hyundai i10 crash test

Myvi (Scored less points than i10)

Jazz

This post has been edited by masz94: Aug 10 2011, 12:08 AM
masz94
post Aug 10 2011, 12:09 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(xavi5567 @ Aug 9 2011, 11:38 PM)
haiyo.. this 1 only happen to pre facelift model la... post facelift and lagi best tak ada problem liao la... shakehead.gif  doh.gif
U sure ? Source ? hmm.gif shocking.gif
xavi5567
post Aug 10 2011, 12:15 AM

\(●'Å'●)/
3,347 posts

QUOTE(masz94 @ Aug 10 2011, 12:09 AM)
U sure ? Source ?  hmm.gif  shocking.gif
perodua centre... pls go ask the mechanic there to install a switch for u.. pre-facelift 1 dont have alarm switch install on the bonnet... dont belief.. go open pre post lift bonnet and arm ur alarm.. then test it on post -facelift model.. whistling.gif
Area51SE
post Aug 10 2011, 12:16 AM

Enthusiast
996 posts

Oh guys =.= Stop with those accident pictures. Every brand cars involves in accident k and it's not gonna prove anything.

I've no idea about all the factors you asked for. Didn't really did a comparison between these 2 cars. anyways IMO, the design of the new myvi is nicer compared to the Hyundai i10. Well about safety, Not sure since the above NCAP Crash test for Myvi was the 2005 one not the 2010 one. But I believe both of them are almost the same. Reliability I guess would be Hyundai i10 since it's a Foreign car, it should be less problem. Fuel Consumption wise. Both cars should be almost the same since Myvi is well known with its FC and Hyundai i10 is a compact car with a CVT GB which saves more fuel. Other factors like 2nd hand value , spare parts, maintainance cost would be Myvi since Myvi is a local car, higher 2nd hand value due to demand,easily get spare parts here and cheaper maintainance cost

Lastly, I apologise if any wrong information . Correct me if I'm wrong k

This post has been edited by Area51SE: May 14 2012, 02:49 PM
xavi5567
post Aug 10 2011, 12:21 AM

\(●'Å'●)/
3,347 posts

QUOTE(masz94 @ Aug 10 2011, 12:05 AM)
ur myvi crash test is 2005
pls check 2010 1 la.. now 1 is base on passo 2010 body la..
6 star yo..
choon hon
post Aug 10 2011, 12:47 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

Hey TS , my friends actually was once in the same situation like you except not his mother who actually gonna use it. I've tested both of this cars last Saturday and trust me Hyundai i10 seems to be better in almost every aspect except for spaciousness and etc. My friend decided to go for i10 too. So it's really up to you. Somehow, the new myvi feels less powerful than the previous version and some part of the interior doesn't feel as solid as before.
OKLY
post Aug 10 2011, 12:52 AM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

The new MyVi Lagi Best now has better NVH, guess they improved some sound/noise insulation and the extra 4HP does give the engine a slightly better feel (compared to my sis' first gen MyVi). Apart from that, the new MyVi does feature a new electric power steering and it does make the drive a better experience when going at highway speeds since the steering will be tighter and will become lighter at static or low speeds. The MyVi is also more spacious compared to the i10.

However, the i10 does have its advantages such as really good fuel consumption and apparently the feel/handling of the car is good as well. I did not test drive an i10 before but sat inside one during a roadshow and I feel the i10 to be a little small and I would definitely appreciate the more spacious cabin in the MyVi.

But based on a lot of feedback, the i10 is still a good car. Maybe you can draw the lines but asking yourself or your mom if a bigger cabin space is needed? Then you should already have a clear answer because I think the main difference lies at the cabin space.

Price wise if we compare the MyVi Premium and i10 1.25 Kappa Full Specs, price is around 50k and 54k respectively. Both are locally assembled so nothing much to separate them here. From what I usually hear, many actually would prefer the more spacious cabin in the MyVi and therefore concluded their choice easily.
djhenry91
post Aug 10 2011, 04:46 AM

Slow and Steady
6,763 posts

i 10 pawn myvi is it?

good luck!
user posted image

ini macam kat genting je...when turun bukit..saturday midnite i think.
back to topic...its depend driver....wat thy want
overfloe
post Aug 10 2011, 08:47 AM

Ain't nothing but a thang..
2,058 posts

user posted image

either cars will be fine, if just used to commute slow and steady.

never driven the i10, but i got the feeling that it is a better car to drive, more solid. myvi turtle however is more spacious inside. extra 4 hp? nah, you need to work the engine out to get that extra hp, plus the torque is shifted towards mid-high rpm so you will not feel the new myvi lagi best.
TSyzlum
post Aug 10 2011, 08:48 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(Area51SE @ Aug 10 2011, 12:16 AM)
Oh guys =.= Stop with those accident pictures. Every brand cars involves in accident k and it's not gonna prove anything.

I've no idea about all the factors you asked for. Didn't really did a comparison between these 2 cars. anyways IMO, the design of the new myvi is nicer compared to the Hyundai i10. Well about safety, Not sure since the above NCAP Crash test for Myvi was the 2005 one not the 2010 one. But I believe both of them are almost the same. Reliability I guess would be Hyundai i10 since it's a Foreign car, it should be less problem. Fuel Consumption wise. Both cars should be almost the same since Myvi is well known with its FC and Hyundai i10 is a compact car with a CVT engine which saves more fuel. Other factors like 2nd hand value , spare parts, maintainance cost would be Myvi since Myvi is a local car, higher 2nd hand value due to demand,easily get spare parts here and cheaper maintainance cost

Lastly, I apologise if any wrong information . Correct me if I'm wrong k
Oh.. Ic.. Thank you for your explanation very much.. So if hyundai i10 wins in both reliability and safety, and fuel consumption for both cars is almost the same..

I guess the i10 will be more suitable for my mum.. And the poll results says so too.. Ok thank you very much for all of you helping me make the choice ^^

Added on August 10, 2011, 8:49 am
QUOTE(OKLY @ Aug 10 2011, 12:52 AM)
The new MyVi Lagi Best now has better NVH, guess they improved some sound/noise insulation and the extra 4HP does give the engine a slightly better feel (compared to my sis' first gen MyVi). Apart from that, the new MyVi does feature a new electric power steering and it does make the drive a better experience when going at highway speeds since the steering will be tighter and will become lighter at static or low speeds. The MyVi is also more spacious compared to the i10.

However, the i10 does have its advantages such as really good fuel consumption and apparently the feel/handling of the car is good as well. I did not test drive an i10 before but sat inside one during a roadshow and I feel the i10 to be a little small and I would definitely appreciate the more spacious cabin in the MyVi.

But based on a lot of feedback, the i10 is still a good car. Maybe you can draw the lines but asking yourself or your mom if a bigger cabin space is needed? Then you should already have a clear answer because I think the main difference lies at the cabin space.

Price wise if we compare the MyVi Premium and i10 1.25 Kappa Full Specs, price is around 50k and 54k respectively. Both are locally assembled so nothing much to separate them here. From what I usually hear, many actually would prefer the more spacious cabin in the MyVi and therefore concluded their choice easily.
This post has been edited by yzlum: Aug 10 2011, 08:49 AM
zenox0123
post Aug 10 2011, 10:10 AM

Casual
411 posts

I just wondering, why Suzuki Alto not included?
I thought Alto already 50k range?
Just wondering la.
funnyface
post Aug 10 2011, 10:13 AM

On my way
693 posts

QUOTE(zenox0123 @ Aug 10 2011, 10:10 AM)
I just wondering, why Suzuki Alto not included?
I thought Alto already 50k range?
Just wondering la.
I got fren use alto, the engine can stop in the middle of penang bridge (YES!!!! u read it correctly!, it just stop in the middle of the bridge for no reason....)

So for ur own sake, pls avoid that car.
nakTT
post Aug 10 2011, 10:15 AM

Fair Price Advocate
1,604 posts

In this case I would go for i10 which have a better engine.
diadokmai
post Aug 10 2011, 11:22 AM

Enthusiast
935 posts

QUOTE(masz94 @ Aug 9 2011, 11:33 PM)
Maybe 1 only but still in one piece tough. Myvi is famous for it tendency to turn turtle. Just search google Myvi ter.... & the word terbalik pops!....

http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/articles...kanmaut/Article

http://www.theborneopost.com/2010/11/20/th...-road-accident/

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Till morning oso I won't finish uploading all the pics coz there's to many..... LOL

RIP all the Accident victim. Why la they choose Myvi. Pity them.....  cry.gif
the problem is not because they choose MYVi.
its becoz the myVi's driver so many of them drive dangerously

if ur mother is carefull driver..both car is no probs..
is ur mum is a racers...better dont thinkabout those car
promote her to buy Lamborghini instead or those cars

Added on August 10, 2011, 11:25 amfrom my experience MYVI driver so many of them drive too fast in highway..
they think their car like Lamborghini reverton?

tht wahy la excident like tht happen...try drive like the wise driver on road..they can guaranteed them and other people safe all the way back home

This post has been edited by diadokmai: Aug 10 2011, 11:25 AM
OKLY
post Aug 10 2011, 11:40 AM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

Don't forget the i10 has this famous EPS issue where it suddenly fails and the whole car will be stalled. I think you can just type in Google, i10 EPS, and a lot of results will come out. Not sure if this problem is already rectified in the latest batch or not but hopefully it is.
TSyzlum
post Aug 10 2011, 12:06 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(OKLY @ Aug 10 2011, 11:40 AM)
Don't forget the i10 has this famous EPS issue where it suddenly fails and the whole car will be stalled. I think you can just type in Google, i10 EPS, and a lot of results will come out. Not sure if this problem is already rectified in the latest batch or not but hopefully it is.
Ya i researched about that before, that's why we cant make our decision.. Anyone here can clarify that the problem had been solve?

Cause the salesman here in Penang said they never heard of such problem before... which makes me wonder..

Added on August 10, 2011, 12:07 pm
QUOTE(diadokmai @ Aug 10 2011, 11:22 AM)
the problem is not because they choose  MYVi.
its becoz the myVi's driver so many of them drive dangerously

if ur mother is carefull driver..both car is no probs..
is ur mum is a racers...better dont thinkabout those car
promote her to buy Lamborghini instead or those cars

Added on August 10, 2011, 11:25 amfrom my experience MYVI driver so many of them drive too fast in highway..
they think their car like Lamborghini reverton?

tht wahy la excident like tht happen...try drive like the wise driver on road..they can guaranteed them and other people safe all the way back home
=) My mum is a slow and safe driver..

This post has been edited by yzlum: Aug 10 2011, 12:07 PM
hazxkh
post Aug 10 2011, 12:45 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

for 50k can get more spacious Persona already...
masz94
post Aug 10 2011, 03:10 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(xavi5567 @ Aug 10 2011, 12:21 AM)
ur myvi crash test is 2005
pls check 2010 1 la.. now 1 is base on passo 2010 body la..
6 star yo..
Oredy watched the vid before. Waffak got 6 Stars. Just look at the Utube comments.

Even high end cars struggle to reach such score. Most settle with 5. How come a puny hatchback can reach such score.... rclxub.gif
TSyzlum
post Aug 10 2011, 03:11 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(hazxkh @ Aug 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
for 50k can get more spacious Persona already...
We have 2 sedans and 1 4WD in our house d.. so she wants a small hatchback around 50k.. cause go to work and back only.. easy to park..
SUSdantck
post Aug 10 2011, 03:43 PM

Regular
1,004 posts

QUOTE(masz94 @ Aug 9 2011, 10:30 PM)
i10... It pawns Myvi in most aspect , u name it, FC, Power Safety, tech...etc.... nod.gif
power?
XionCity
post Aug 10 2011, 03:56 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

if wanna get Suzuki Alto, i rather get KIA Picanto
OKLY
post Aug 10 2011, 05:14 PM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

QUOTE(yzlum @ Aug 10 2011, 03:11 PM)
We have 2 sedans and 1 4WD in our house d.. so she wants a small hatchback around 50k.. cause go to work and back only.. easy to park..
But since your mom did test drove both cars before, I'm sure she has her own opinions on both cars? How about she makes a list of pros and cons for both cars and from there, pinpoint a point that can be the deciding factor. For my case, i10's smaller cabin space already made me forget that car because I really feel cramp inside.
Daniel John
post Aug 10 2011, 05:15 PM

38 posts

QUOTE(masz94 @ Aug 9 2011, 10:30 PM)
di10... It pawns Myvi in most aspect , u name it, FC, Power Safety, tech...etc.... :no:
i 10 pawn myvi is it?

good luck!
user posted image

the pic anser the question...so no...i10 didnt pawn myvi...its the same...

n the rest rclxub.gif

V12Kompressor
post Aug 10 2011, 05:34 PM

No carrots here
2,119 posts

BTW, TS, the i10 has another advantage over the Myvi, which is 5 years / 300,000km warranty. smile.gif

somemore now I heard got free iPhone with the car. rclxub.gif
mugenz
post Aug 10 2011, 06:06 PM

hmmmm..
1,300 posts

So get ur mom to buy it and u get the phone hahha.

Indeed I felt the cabin space if i10 is quite cramped. Interior wise I prefer i10.

SweetPuff
post Aug 10 2011, 06:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,021 posts

If you are willing to consider 2nd hand, there's definitely some other choices. Can even get a Getz. Personally own a 2005 model. Quiet engine, comfortable ride. But fuel efficiency is not as good as Myvi or i10. But if your mom don't drive long distances, this shouldn't be much of an issue.

This post has been edited by SweetPuff: Aug 10 2011, 06:43 PM
Area51SE
post Aug 10 2011, 06:49 PM

Enthusiast
996 posts

QUOTE(yzlum @ Aug 10 2011, 12:06 PM)
Ya i researched about that before, that's why we cant make our decision.. Anyone here can clarify that the problem had been solve?

Cause the salesman here in Penang said they never heard of such problem before... which makes me wonder..

Added on August 10, 2011, 12:07 pm

=) My mum is a slow and safe driver..
Salesman words can't be trusted. They just want to sell the cars off smile.gif Better do research yourself rclxms.gif

Added on August 10, 2011, 6:50 pm
QUOTE(masz94 @ Aug 10 2011, 03:10 PM)
Oredy watched the vid before. Waffak got 6 Stars. Just look at the Utube comments.

Even high end cars struggle to reach such score. Most settle with 5. How come a puny hatchback can reach such score....  rclxub.gif
It's Japan NCAP lol. I guess its 6/10 ? @@

This post has been edited by Area51SE: Aug 10 2011, 06:50 PM
xVince
post Aug 10 2011, 08:14 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(Daniel John @ Aug 10 2011, 05:15 PM)
the pic anser the question...so no...i10 didnt pawn myvi...its the same...

n the rest rclxub.gif
i cant brain this
PrinceCaspien
post Aug 10 2011, 09:33 PM

Unique
1,717 posts

get viva since it's cheaper and she only use it to go work only.
amir_iskandar
post Aug 10 2011, 09:41 PM

Enthusiast
723 posts

i10 better at almost every department except roominess and maybe resale value. the eps issue is not that well known, even when u googled it only several cases appear.
ericmaxman
post Aug 10 2011, 09:48 PM

-
7,948 posts

so many myvi crash pics...

=')

lambo i hear? remember this? whistling.gif

user posted image
user posted image
angelic-x
post Aug 10 2011, 10:00 PM

Not a member
643 posts

QUOTE(ericmaxman @ Aug 10 2011, 09:48 PM)
so many myvi crash pics...

=')

lambo i hear? remember this? whistling.gif

user posted image
user posted image
Enough lo ok! LOL'ed
V12Kompressor
post Aug 10 2011, 10:02 PM

No carrots here
2,119 posts

Lambo crashed, therefore Lambo is not a good car.

rolleyes.gif
ericmaxman
post Aug 10 2011, 10:08 PM

-
7,948 posts

QUOTE(V12Kompressor @ Aug 10 2011, 10:02 PM)
Lambo crashed, therefore Lambo is not a good car.

rolleyes.gif
You want the best?

Lagi Best ada ma whistling.gif
herojack41
post Aug 10 2011, 10:10 PM

Master Of Trouble Maker
5,697 posts

QUOTE(PrinceCaspien @ Aug 10 2011, 09:33 PM)
get viva since it's cheaper and she only use it to go work only.
viva....horrible doh.gif is sound insulation doh.gif already can make me crazy already

i have no money i also wont buy viva shakehead.gif ......or i paid a litle bit more for a potong
nakTT
post Aug 11 2011, 08:46 AM

Fair Price Advocate
1,604 posts

QUOTE(SweetPuff @ Aug 10 2011, 06:42 PM)
If you are willing to consider 2nd hand, there's definitely some other choices. Can even get a Getz. Personally own a 2005 model. Quiet engine, comfortable ride. But fuel efficiency is not as good as Myvi or i10. But if your mom don't drive long distances, this shouldn't be much of an issue.
i10 is better than a brand new Getz (if you can get one) let a lone a 2nd hand one.
designer69
post Aug 15 2011, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
148 posts

My vote go to i10, I just went for test drive yesterday. Booked one. RM53,900- RM2000 (Iphone).

i was considering between Myvi and i10 all this while. It's really depends on personal liking. I would say Myvi is more comfort in space. i10 somehow give me better feeling in the material and handling (more solid). Personally i prefer a smaller car as well. I am new driver.

both is good in this price range.
nakTT
post Aug 15 2011, 10:56 AM

Fair Price Advocate
1,604 posts

QUOTE(designer69 @ Aug 15 2011, 10:50 AM)
My vote go to i10, I just went for test drive yesterday. Booked one. RM53,900- RM2000 (Iphone).

i was considering between Myvi and i10 all this while. It's really depends on personal liking. I would say Myvi is more comfort in space. i10 somehow give me better feeling in the material and handling (more solid). Personally i prefer a smaller car as well. I am new driver.

both is good in this price range.
I would recommend to go for i10 but it sister (Kia Picanto) has already got an All-New version. So current i10 will soon get the same treatment.
turbocharged
post Aug 15 2011, 01:16 PM

Getting Started
250 posts

in lowyat forum, any car vs myvi also wins.

u post Bicycle vs myvi, bicycle wins. walking vs myvi, walking wins.

but the sales chart shows malaysian choose myvi as the number 1. they pay rm50k to their words.

here? they just click and type only. talk is cheap.

your money, your choice.

test drive first. but then, unless u are looking for handling, otherwise, test drive to feel the interior, not throw corners.

handling is depends on driver, even civic they drive slow like viva, never tapau corner also.
Aaron135LC
post Aug 15 2011, 03:00 PM

Casual
360 posts

QUOTE(turbocharged @ Aug 15 2011, 01:16 PM)
in lowyat forum, any car vs myvi also wins.

u post Bicycle vs myvi, bicycle wins. walking vs myvi, walking wins.

but the sales chart shows malaysian choose myvi as the number 1. they pay rm50k to their words.

here? they just click and type only. talk is cheap.

your money, your choice.

test drive first. but then, unless u are looking for handling, otherwise, test drive to feel the interior, not throw corners.

handling is depends on driver, even civic they drive slow like viva, never tapau corner also.
TS already test drive both car d wat... u din read previous post ar..?

and now we all waiting for him to ask if his mum can list down the pros n cons for both the cars.. icon_rolleyes.gif
turbocharged
post Aug 15 2011, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
250 posts

well, sometimes test drive doesnt mean anything if they are only doing it for 1 time.

any car if you go test drive you'll have pleasant feeling, unless u drive new mercedes as daily ride.

at below rm50k, i dont see the reason to get non-local car. unless for rm50k below you wanna drive 10 years, otherwise maintenance and second hand value comes first, its a economical car after all.

if you're mass consumer, follow the mass consumer choice.

of cos ,thats just my opinion.

tonguacha
post Aug 16 2011, 11:42 PM

44 posts

just booked a i10 1.25 this evening... after comparing myvi and i10 for almost a month.
for exterior i vote for myvi
for interior (dashboard) i vote for myvi
for spaces---myvi
but after test drive several time in different showroom tongue.gif tongue.gif
for handling, sound resisting, suspension, the solid feel blush.gif i vote for i10
for me its more enjoyable driving i10
TSyzlum
post Aug 17 2011, 11:40 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(Aaron135LC @ Aug 15 2011, 03:00 PM)
TS already test drive both car d wat... u din read previous post ar..?

and now we all waiting for him to ask if his mum can list down the pros n cons for both the cars.. icon_rolleyes.gif
Haha.. Thanks you all for being so helpful and kind.

My mum had decided d.. Since she cant decide between both of these cars, she wants to wait for another 2-3 years before changing car d..
By then maybe will increase budget and have more cars to choose from

Added on August 17, 2011, 11:41 am
QUOTE(tonguacha @ Aug 16 2011, 11:42 PM)
just booked a i10 1.25 this evening... after comparing myvi and i10 for almost a month.
for exterior i vote for myvi
for interior (dashboard) i vote for myvi
for spaces---myvi
but after test drive several time in different showroom tongue.gif  tongue.gif
for handling, sound resisting, suspension, the solid feel blush.gif  i vote for i10
for me its more enjoyable driving i10
Haha.. Happy for you.. Enjoy ur i10 ^^

Added on August 17, 2011, 11:43 am
QUOTE(turbocharged @ Aug 15 2011, 03:07 PM)
well, sometimes test drive doesnt mean anything if they are only doing it for 1 time.

any car if you go test drive you'll have pleasant feeling, unless u drive new mercedes  as daily ride.

at below rm50k, i dont see the reason to get non-local car. unless for rm50k below you wanna drive 10 years, otherwise maintenance and second hand value comes first, its a economical car after all.

if you're mass consumer, follow the mass consumer choice.

of cos ,thats just my opinion.
Haha.. Actually we had tested the Myvi for 5 times already and go as far as half the Penang Island..
i10 we have tested 3 times already.. Also almost half the Penang Island..

My mum even tested the Suzuki Swift and didn't like it..

This post has been edited by yzlum: Aug 17 2011, 11:43 AM
Coinboxseller
post Aug 17 2011, 11:54 AM

37 posts

My mom drive a i10. Not the new facelit. I drove before too. Handling was good. Full tank RM 55 only. Fuel consumption not high. Quite steady on highspeed on d highway. Really a good car. Tall and comfortable.
akagidemon
post Aug 19 2011, 10:30 PM

Casual
453 posts

the problem in malaysiais when myvi was launch proton had nothing to counter, they were late for the party. the only thing they had at that price range was the saga with the muffler and the savvy which was out of the price bracket. so of course u see the sales chart myvi is leading.

but once the new saga was launch sales started to drop slighty for the myvi. even protn said since the saga launch sales of savvy has almost stopped.

the thing is people in malaysia buy with their heart and not their head. they see myvi like cute2 car and say it is small but the width is the same as a wira the lenght is only slighty shorter then an iswara.

its the styling thats get to them.

Added on August 19, 2011, 10:31 pmhyundai i10 i would give a thunbs up since it is really a town car unlike the myvi.

This post has been edited by akagidemon: Aug 19 2011, 10:31 PM
jackmok5489
post Mar 9 2012, 03:20 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

just let u mum choose it???wt car also have it main problem...pls...dun judge anyone

iSpace
post Mar 9 2012, 04:25 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(funnyface @ Aug 10 2011, 10:13 AM)
I got fren use alto, the engine can stop in the middle of penang bridge (YES!!!! u read it correctly!, it just stop in the middle of the bridge for no reason....)

So for ur own sake, pls avoid that car.
Bro. If its really stopped, sure got reason. Just u dont know. If all working perfectly fine, it wont stop ok
sassy_chiq
post May 14 2012, 02:20 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

Anyone knows if the spare parts for i10 is significantly more expensive than for myvi?

This post has been edited by sassy_chiq: May 14 2012, 02:20 PM
putramon
post May 14 2012, 03:25 PM

Casual
361 posts

how come this thread turned to an accident picture thread..
alwinnng
post May 15 2012, 05:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,296 posts

since i saw this tered,avoid myvi at all cost...

when i shut the boot,the passenger side back door like wan to terbuka edi...

and then 5 month old car,the dashboard already longgar...

when drive at bumpy road,can actually hear sounds like the boot not tightly shut...
post Jul 23 2012, 08:50 AM

Regular
1,102 posts

so, any update for this car about fuel consumption?
amad108
post Jul 24 2012, 09:38 PM

too much of something is bad enough
998 posts

Seriously better go for i10.. myvi wins maybe at looks n resale value.. but other then that i10 for sure..
diadokmai
post Jul 24 2012, 09:59 PM

Enthusiast
935 posts

hahaha...i own a myvi extreme 1.5

i advise u..better tk i10 since i dont know about i10 and know only about myvi which is not really satisfied with myvi..

with the same price 40k - 50k..better get the full spec Saga or second hand Gen 2 cps full spec...sedan can less risk for u to become turtle on the road...

and the impact is lessen more than compact car too...

Added on July 24, 2012, 10:00 pmnow i trade myvi for preve...Bye bye mvyi...

This post has been edited by diadokmai: Jul 24 2012, 10:00 PM
masz94
post Jul 24 2012, 11:03 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(diadokmai @ Jul 24 2012, 09:59 PM)
hahaha...i own a myvi extreme 1.5

i advise u..better tk i10 since i dont know about i10 and know only about myvi which is not really satisfied with myvi..

with the same price 40k - 50k..better get the full spec Saga or second hand Gen 2 cps full spec...sedan can less risk for u to become turtle on the road...

and the impact is lessen more than compact car too...

Added on July 24, 2012, 10:00 pmnow i trade myvi for preve...Bye bye mvyi...
It's not because it is a hatchback.... Hatchback like Fiesta and Jazz is very stable, even stable than some sedans.....

It's the fault with the car...

Myvi is seriously unstable, thus unworthy to be considered....

Saga is a better car... miles better....
cranx
post Jul 24 2012, 11:34 PM

Regular
1,360 posts

i10 I heard people say quiet cabin, nice handling and conti feel. Not sure true or not.
diadokmai
post Jul 25 2012, 12:26 AM

Enthusiast
935 posts

QUOTE(masz94 @ Jul 24 2012, 11:03 PM)
It's not because it is a hatchback.... Hatchback like Fiesta and Jazz is very stable, even stable than some sedans.....

It's the fault with the car...

Myvi is seriously unstable, thus unworthy to be considered....

Saga is a better car... miles better....
ah yes..those car is pack with nice tires and suspension system and with aerodynamic design plus etc techno.
thts why more stable..

myvi is only nice to look but no nice to drive

Added on July 25, 2012, 12:30 am
QUOTE(cranx @ Jul 24 2012, 11:34 PM)
i10 I heard people say quiet cabin, nice handling and conti feel. Not sure true or not.
korean car quality indeed more good compare to local car..

i just test drive a second hand forte last week..the cabin is really tough... quiet cabin and nice handling
unfortunately i just think twice to buy second hand car since my target now is to buy new car

but new forte i cant afford now... laugh.gif

This post has been edited by diadokmai: Jul 25 2012, 12:30 AM
masz94
post Jul 25 2012, 12:32 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(diadokmai @ Jul 25 2012, 12:26 AM)
ah yes..those car is pack with nice tires and suspension system and with aerodynamic design plus etc techno.
thts why more stable..

myvi is only nice to look but no nice to drive

Added on July 25, 2012, 12:30 am

korean car quality indeed more good compare to local car..

i just test drive a second hand forte last week..the cabin is really tough... quiet cabin and nice handling
unfortunately i just think twice to buy second hand car since my target now is to buy new car

but new forte i cant afford now... laugh.gif
Yes, u made a good choice by ditching that Myvi.... U are good, coz u value ur life.... same like me.... atleast i try to buy the highest safety spec'ed car that i can afford...

Thumbs up bro! thumbup.gif
diadokmai
post Jul 25 2012, 12:37 AM

Enthusiast
935 posts

QUOTE(masz94 @ Jul 25 2012, 12:32 AM)
Yes, u made a good choice by ditching that Myvi.... U are good, coz u value ur life.... same like me.... atleast i try to buy the highest safety spec'ed car that i can afford...

Thumbs up bro!  thumbup.gif
ah haha..thnks.
i want a better car too..
masz94
post Jul 25 2012, 11:51 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(diadokmai @ Jul 25 2012, 12:37 AM)
ah haha..thnks.
i want a better car too..
haha.... myvi is just too unsafe for a 2012 car... Viva no need to mention... irrelevant....

Wish u luck in buying the preve!... thumbup.gif laugh.gif
bryan5073
post Jul 29 2012, 12:26 AM

Getting Started
229 posts

So the Myvi (and all the other local cars actually) is out of the picture. i10 wins hands down in this thread, but what about Kia Picanto? Doesn't it rivals the i10? In fact, the highest spec Picanto is about 9k cheaper than the highest spec i10! But of course the highest spec Picanto doesn't have ABS with EBD compared to the i10... But still, 9k wo! Drive carefully and the Picanto is REALLY worth considering! biggrin.gif
cede1975
post Nov 18 2012, 02:41 PM

8 posts

if you want a car just base solely on easy to park. buy a bicycle , or walk, pls dont drive. Your mom intend to park your 'small' car sideway on 2 parking lot or what?

i10 is a city cars, they dont even bother bring in manual, it is built to fit 2persons comfortably, another 2 are extra carriage loads.

i10 1.25 kappa has a myriads of technology to bring FC and Co2 emission down,(new engine designs are gurranteed to last longer nowadays with increased fuel efficiency & CO2 emission cut down) .

i10 has 4star NCAP (minimum euro std for imports), If you drive within speed limits, you are safe. Statistically in City driving with stoppage from traffic lights, junctions...you will never get to anywhere quicker if you drove 120kMh or 80kMh, driving 120kMh start/stop heavy braking only hurt FC more. Basically with 4Star NCAP in City you are safe,apart from being crashed by a MYVI driving like daytona500(but prolly Myvi hurt more).

i10 chasis has been proven for at least 5 years when first introduced at India. If anyone been to india, you know their road conditions. Chasis wise i10 is warhorse.

I have personally test driven i10 1.25kappa high spec last Sunday,i10 is a good car.

Btw will Myvi resale value free flow diarrhea when markets is flooded with 2nd hand Myvi? A lot of people trade in Myvi for swift last June when Suzuki did a pre-model change promo.

But swift is a fuel guzzler. if fuel price double in 5years. you will probably have to fork out ard rm600+/mnth to feed your car for daily commute then.But BY then ppl would be more FC conscious, would your car sell at all?This applies to myvi as well.

This post has been edited by cede1975: Nov 18 2012, 02:46 PM
lung85
post Nov 18 2012, 09:38 PM

Casual
425 posts

hw bout mitshubishi mirage?
amad108
post Nov 18 2012, 09:45 PM

too much of something is bad enough
998 posts

mirage is the new contender !! 1.2 MIVEC yooo..
chris_tco
post Nov 18 2012, 09:46 PM

47 posts

why not Sukuzi Swift?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0576sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:12 AM