Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Fresh Graduate Consulting Firm, Prospect in consulting firm.

views

thlo87
post Aug 31 2011, 09:17 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

Hi guys,

I am a frustrated fresh grad job seeker who have been applying for management consulting related jobs for the past 2 months. I received so little replies that i am starting to wonder if i am not qualified enough for these positions. Can anyone tell me what i am missing, and which consulting firms i stand a higher chance getting into ?

I did an accelerated MBA course in RMIT, and have graduated with first class honours in B.Eng(Civil) from University of Melbourne. However, I have little involvement in university activities, and have no intern/work experience.

I have applied to most of the consulting firms in malaysia, including those in this list http://www.consultingcase101.com/forum/Thr...Lumpur-Malaysia , but i only get ONE reply, which is from Accenture, asking me to wait until mid september when they will start assessing and hiring new consultants.

A friend of mine, whom applied for internship with Accenture the same time as me, has already started working with them. And they even asked him to consider for a full time consultant position.

So, what am i missing, and how can i improve my resume to stand a better chance in getting into any of these consulting firms. And what exactly are these firms looking for, in fresh grad?

And which are the consulting companies that are hiring aggressively atm?

thlo87
post Aug 31 2011, 11:22 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(adrianwtx90 @ Aug 31 2011, 09:27 PM)
Hmm..weird..i would assume you tried deloitte and PWC..they are relatively much easier to get into..did you try getting jobs from oz?..
those that went for internship with accenture stand a better chance if they would like to work for accenture after they graduate, obviously..i think only Accenture, PWC, deloitte, KPMG, E&Y actually hires quite often..
Thanks Adrian, for your input

I have only applied for Engineering jobs in Melbourne, and that was after my engineering degree. It was damn hard to even land an interview in Australia, so i end up studying master and came home to look for job. I thought it would be much easier to find a job in Malaysia.

I have applied to KPMG, Deloitte, and PWC. However, E&Y doesnt seem to be employing atm, and it has been a while since there is no job postings for malaysia offices in their online career site. Anyone knows when they are going to post up job openings again for Malaysian offices?

Also, is University of Melbourne famous enough to be considered by MBB (Bain,Mckinsey,BCG) ? Do they even notify you that you are not qualified? Cause i have applied to these 3 firms a while ago, but has yet to receive any reply.

thlo87
post Sep 1 2011, 02:00 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

Thanks adrian and feynman,

for the advice. I do have a linkedin. So do i add these consulting firms in linkedin and ask them for employment opportunity? Btw, I can only find accenture (malaysia) in linkedin.

Feynman if you don't mind and have the extra time to spare. Can you have a look at my resume and tell me if anything in it is presented wrongly? Can you pm your email add so i can email you my CV? Thanks

This post has been edited by thlo87: Sep 1 2011, 02:10 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.64    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:59 PM