Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Power Stabilizer Unit for home use?, Electricity

views

TSJo_da48
post Aug 5 2011, 08:32 AM, updated 12y ago

Regular
1,529 posts

I was thinking of the possiabilities of having a so called "Power Stabilizer Unit" for home use install, to protect and have a stable electricity included of $$$ saving.
Where it place right after the main meter type and could plan in the ELCB box
Something like this link
http://www.energy-evolution.com/page.php?28

Any members have such knowleage or have install such device?

* Not those socket type Power Saver
JinXXX
post Aug 5 2011, 08:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,513 posts

if you have lots of AC based motors it might work..

now days all DC/inverter.. don't think i can work kua..

if your refering to power conditioner for home.. yet to see anybody install it..
ozak
post Aug 5 2011, 09:28 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

Why you need that big voltage stabilizer? Those normal electrical applicance don't need it. Unless fluatuate alot. In that case, complain to TNB. Most of the problem is cable and busbar thieft.

You can get locally voltage stabilizer for pc, tv and audio. Lower capacity and cheaper.

I have 4pcs of voltage stabilizer range from 500w till 1000w for my home. But mostly didn't use it much anymore.
weikee
post Aug 5 2011, 09:51 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Aug 5 2011, 09:28 AM)
Why you need that big voltage stabilizer? Those normal electrical applicance don't need it. Unless fluatuate alot. In that case, complain to TNB. Most of the problem is cable and busbar thieft.

You can get locally voltage stabilizer for pc, tv and audio. Lower capacity and cheaper.

I have 4pcs of voltage stabilizer range from 500w till 1000w for my home. But mostly didn't use it much anymore.
I use 3KVA APC UPS smile.gif
TSJo_da48
post Aug 5 2011, 11:39 AM

Regular
1,529 posts

I'm looking at install near the entry point and supply the whole house. make it stable across..

JinXXX
post Aug 5 2011, 01:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,513 posts

QUOTE(Jo_da48 @ Aug 5 2011, 11:39 AM)
I'm looking at install near the entry point and supply the whole house. make it stable across..
wow such power conditioner at such a scale isn't cheap...

but then some part of it also depends on your wires...

if you manage to find out the exact/approx price please do share with us ya...
weikee
post Aug 5 2011, 02:09 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(JinXXX @ Aug 5 2011, 01:57 PM)
wow such power conditioner at such a scale isn't cheap...

but then some part of it also depends on your wires...

if you manage to find out the exact/approx price please do share with us ya...
Like that you need minimal 5KVA if you have lots of high load appliance.
TSJo_da48
post Aug 5 2011, 02:38 PM

Regular
1,529 posts

yahhhh..If you look at the WEB link, it was a device need install need to breaker panel, so it mean it the entry point right? Or something I miss leading other?

The Energy-Evolution Power Stabilizer is a small gray box that fits neatly next to your breaker panel, saves you money year after year and protects the entire home. The Energy-Evolution Power Stabilizer was designed with the homeowner in mind, providing lower energy bills, increased motor and appliance life, as well as surge and lightning protection for all of the equipment inside of your house. Residential customers throughout North America could see a realized savings of 8% - 10% typically and as much as 25% on their electrical usage (and thus power bills).

ozak
post Aug 6 2011, 11:07 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Aug 5 2011, 09:51 AM)
I use 3KVA APC UPS smile.gif
That is powderfull backup rack UPS. I almost buy 1 last yrs when someone offer here dirt cheap price. Can backup my entire house light + tv&audio without problem. smile.gif
JinXXX
post Aug 7 2011, 11:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,513 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Aug 6 2011, 11:07 AM)
That is powderfull backup rack UPS. I almost buy 1 last yrs when someone offer here dirt cheap price. Can backup my entire house light + tv&audio without problem. smile.gif
actually 3KVA is quite little only...

for a full HOUSE.. rmbr yr fridge is always running.. if you have a water pump that too...

dont' think you can wire up those normal highend ups to yr house main wiring need to use something else...

anybody got any idea how ? tongue.gif hehehe
KenC
post Aug 15 2011, 07:04 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

3KVA is about 4 horse power only...

weikee
post Aug 15 2011, 07:23 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

If you run 3kva every hours, you paying about 600 per month. When power failure use only what critical lah
kamion
post Sep 19 2011, 04:19 PM

Casual
327 posts

Anybody installed transient voltage surge suppressor (TVSS)? This will protect from power surge that fry electronics.
kelvyn
post Sep 19 2011, 05:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,172 posts

QUOTE(kamion @ Sep 19 2011, 05:19 PM)
Anybody installed transient voltage surge suppressor (TVSS)? This will protect from power surge that fry electronics.
Have you used this and how effective is it in protection from power surge?

kamion
post Sep 19 2011, 06:04 PM

Casual
327 posts

No, I haven't used a TVSS before. smile.gif I was asking if anyone has used it.

I called up a company, and the saleman told me their product is overkill for a house. They're used in light industrial factories with electrical motors and stuff. He advised me to get those power surge protectors that plug into the 13A socket. laugh.gif He said their product cost over RM2k.

I was thinking that it would be easier to have this TVSS installed at the main DB where the power line comes into the house, and be done with it. No need to have multiple plug points sticking out here and there.

This post has been edited by kamion: Sep 19 2011, 06:06 PM
kelvyn
post Sep 19 2011, 08:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,172 posts

Actually, I was also thinking along the same line. If the TVSS is reasonable, then install it at the DB and don't have to worry about having those surge protectors; which is cumbersome
weikee
post Sep 19 2011, 09:28 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Get some cal-lab on the equipments better lah.
kamion
post Sep 19 2011, 10:24 PM

Casual
327 posts

What's cal-lab?
weikee
post Sep 19 2011, 10:31 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(kamion @ Sep 19 2011, 10:24 PM)
What's cal-lab?
This is a good product and made in Malaysia, sad that many only hear of brand from oversea. Is an actual lighting isolater, not lightning suppressor

http://www.cal-lab.com/
ozak
post Sep 20 2011, 08:57 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Sep 19 2011, 10:31 PM)
This is a good product and made in Malaysia, sad that many only hear of brand from oversea. Is an actual lighting isolater, not lightning suppressor

http://www.cal-lab.com/
"lighting isolater" ?

Use this before. Save my cordless phone from lightning. But fried the cal-lab.

Now using belkin which come with lifetime warranty + fried part claim.
weikee
post Sep 20 2011, 10:03 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Sep 20 2011, 08:57 AM)
"lighting isolater" ?

Use this before. Save my cordless phone from lightning. But fried the cal-lab.

Now using belkin which come with lifetime warranty + fried part claim.
Yes, and you just pay them RM 25 and the shop will swap a new one for you. Belkin is good too, think is surge protector only, got it free from DELL notebook purchase. My modem got fry but the belkin socket still work. And got to go all the way to puchong to claim back my modem. After certain value it need sometime to get the warranty.
kelvyn
post Sep 20 2011, 11:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,172 posts

What's the difference between the Belkin and Cal-Lab?
Other then the look....
JinXXX
post Sep 20 2011, 11:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,513 posts

QUOTE(kelvyn @ Sep 20 2011, 11:17 AM)
Other then the look....
one is imported/manufactured in china the other is locally made somewhere in johor...

callab if burnt you can just replace the component for a few bux...

belkin have to call insurance but not sure how many ppl try to claim and how difficult the process it..
ozak
post Sep 20 2011, 11:42 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Sep 20 2011, 10:03 AM)
Yes, and you just pay them RM 25 and the shop will swap a new one for you. Belkin is good too, think is surge protector only, got it free from DELL notebook purchase. My modem got fry but the belkin socket still work. And got to go all the way to puchong to claim back my modem. After certain value it need sometime to get the warranty.
I claim the belkin 2x liau. No question ask and just give a new set to me. I give than resit and the fried modem to claim. 2 week later they give me the cheque.

Even the belkin modem, I claim 2x liau. And they give me a new model. But crap modem. sad.gif

Added on September 20, 2011, 11:49 am
QUOTE(kelvyn @ Sep 20 2011, 11:17 AM)
Other then the look....
I use belkin cause have a minimum risk/lost for me. Since I got to run my electrical thing 24/7.

Compare cal-lab which I got to pay to replace and no claim. Even it is better than belkin in term of technology, but belkin have lifetime warranty + claim. Unless Cal-lab guarantee my thing not going to fried. That is impossible.

This post has been edited by ozak: Sep 20 2011, 11:49 AM
kelvyn
post Sep 20 2011, 12:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,172 posts

Anyone tried using this product?
Or can refer here.

Attached Image

Is it equivalent to Belkin/ Cal-Lab?
ozak
post Sep 20 2011, 12:11 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(kelvyn @ Sep 20 2011, 12:02 PM)
Anyone tried using this product?
Or can refer here.

Attached Image
Is it equivalent to Belkin/ Cal-Lab?
Ain't this belkin product? When I claim my modem at the belkin SC, the sale guy intru this product to me. Said it is latest belkin product which save cost and space by plug/buy which 1 you want or to expand.
kelvyn
post Sep 20 2011, 12:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,172 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Sep 20 2011, 01:11 PM)
Ain't this belkin product? When I claim my modem at the belkin SC, the sale guy intru this product to me. Said it is latest belkin product which save cost and space by plug/buy which 1 you want or to expand.
Nope. Don't think this a Belkin product. On the product brochure, it says "Fully designed and made in Malaysia"
Distributed by AV Future, who's office is in Taman Perindustrian OUG
weikee
post Sep 20 2011, 12:50 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Sep 20 2011, 11:42 AM)
I claim the belkin 2x liau. No question ask and just give a new set to me. I give than resit and the fried modem to claim. 2 week later they give me the cheque.

Even the belkin modem, I claim 2x liau. And they give me a new model. But crap modem. sad.gif

Added on September 20, 2011, 11:49 am
I use belkin cause have a minimum risk/lost for me. Since I got to run my electrical thing 24/7.

Compare cal-lab which I got to pay to replace and no claim. Even it is better than belkin in term of technology, but belkin have lifetime warranty + claim. Unless Cal-lab guarantee my thing not going to fried. That is impossible.
Belkin is good. But claim larger amount will take times. Try claim a TV and AV system like my friend did smile.gif take sometime.
ozak
post Sep 20 2011, 01:19 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(kelvyn @ Sep 20 2011, 12:43 PM)
Nope. Don't think this a Belkin product. On the product brochure, it says "Fully designed and made in Malaysia"
Distributed by AV Future, who's office is in Taman Perindustrian OUG
If not mistaken, that is belkin SC.

Added on September 20, 2011, 1:26 pm
QUOTE(weikee @ Sep 20 2011, 12:50 PM)
Belkin is good. But claim larger amount will take times. Try claim a TV and AV system like my friend did smile.gif take sometime.
I did ask the expensive item claim. They tell me, you can't claim new. Take it to service/repair the fried item. If can repair, bring the resit. If cannot, pay in market price. Not your purchase price. Rang to them first before do anything if have doubt.

How long to claim, not sure. But better than nothing.

This post has been edited by ozak: Sep 20 2011, 01:26 PM
kelvyn
post Sep 20 2011, 01:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,172 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Sep 20 2011, 02:19 PM)
If not mistaken, that is belkin SC.
Ohh is it. Didn't know. Years ago was using a Belkin unit. Then got struck by lightning.
Did not know that AV Future is their SC till now...
ozak
post Sep 20 2011, 01:52 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(kelvyn @ Sep 20 2011, 01:29 PM)
Ohh is it. Didn't know. Years ago was using a Belkin unit. Then got struck by lightning.
Did not know that AV Future is their SC till now...
If you still keep that unit, take it to claim. tongue.gif
kelvyn
post Sep 20 2011, 02:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,172 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Sep 20 2011, 02:52 PM)
If you still keep that unit, take it to claim.  tongue.gif
Not sure if can claim or not as I have replaced the plug and cut away some length of the wire that came with the unit. That's why didn't bothered to claim.
ibwo
post Apr 12 2012, 10:07 PM

Casual
306 posts

Good price certified TVSS at

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2302952
ozak
post Apr 14 2012, 09:02 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(ibwo @ Apr 12 2012, 10:07 PM)
Good price certified TVSS at

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2302952
Is it better than the belkin?
stevie8
post Apr 15 2012, 01:48 AM

Regular
1,365 posts

Claims from Belkin is not a problem. I claimed for replacement twice...router 2 times, surge protector and payment of more than RM1k once. But the problem is it does not provide enough protection. Now my surge protector KO again. Hai.... So I went and by another brand of protector but get burnt again...and now cal lab and pull the plugs before going to bed and run like hell pulling the plugs when it rain...wat to do????
ozak
post Apr 15 2012, 08:28 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(stevie8 @ Apr 15 2012, 01:48 AM)
Claims from Belkin is not a problem. I claimed for replacement twice...router 2 times, surge protector and payment of more than RM1k once. But the problem is it does not provide enough protection. Now my surge protector KO again. Hai.... So I went and by another brand of protector but get burnt again...and now cal lab and pull the plugs before going to bed and run like hell pulling the plugs when it rain...wat to do????
Get a professional have a look. Some forumer here got instal some surge protector in their db from the local company. The guy will come have a look and advise. Search back the post.

I know surge protector not 100% solution. And many claim can protect with all kind of different price. How to believe.

I run the server in my home 7/11. The data is important. The server is not cheap. So I need total solution that at least I don't lost either in equipment or money. I choose belkin for the claim if the first defend against lightning fail. So far so good. Most of the time the elcb trip when lightning strike.
JinXXX
post Apr 15 2012, 08:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,513 posts

just curious..

why is the power supply in apartments/condo much more stable

then those landed ? , whats the difference ?

seems like power stability is the only reason to stay in condo lol smile.gif
stevie8
post Apr 15 2012, 04:17 PM

Regular
1,365 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Apr 15 2012, 08:28 AM)
Get a professional have a look. Some forumer here got instal some surge protector in their db from the local company. The guy will come have a look and advise. Search back the post.

I know surge protector not 100% solution. And many claim can protect with all kind of different price. How to believe.

I run the server in my home 7/11. The data is important. The server is not cheap. So I need total solution that at least I don't lost either in equipment or money. I choose belkin for the claim if the first defend against lightning fail. So far so good. Most of the time the elcb trip when lightning strike.
All the strikes were from tel cable. Not long ago the strike came from tel to surge protector to modem to router to notebook that was belkin surge protector and belkin router. All these eqipment fired and claim fr belkin. Then another time the belkin surge ptotector tel cable cannot connect, no signal so have to connect directly fr phone cable to modem, I then bought Lemax surge protector and now the Lemax surge protection light is gone and again have to connect the phone cable directly to modem. Just yesterday bought cal lab. Apa macam? Macam mana? How? How to protect from phone cable? rclxub.gif
ozak
post Apr 15 2012, 04:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(stevie8 @ Apr 15 2012, 04:17 PM)
All the strikes were from tel cable. Not long ago the strike came from tel to surge protector to modem to router to notebook that was belkin surge protector and belkin router. All these eqipment fired and claim fr belkin. Then another time the belkin surge ptotector tel cable cannot connect, no signal so have to connect directly fr phone cable to modem, I then bought Lemax surge protector and now the Lemax surge protection light is gone and again have to connect the phone cable directly to modem. Just yesterday bought cal lab. Apa macam? Macam mana? How? How to protect from phone cable? rclxub.gif
I kena once the phoneline and claim belkin for the router and surge protector. The technician told me majority claim is from phone line.

Last time I use 2-3 surge protector before go into router. 2 cheap 1 and last 1 better 1. Maybe can try this way.
TSJo_da48
post Apr 15 2012, 05:19 PM

Regular
1,529 posts

for belkin, recommeded to use the modal have allow Tel line connection before going into Modem. I hit twice and only replaced the Modem Power adapter and the rest euipment all OK.
Before used the modal, I use the one without Tel protection, end up Modem / cordless all KO.
Now even better after moving to UNIFI....no surge will came from the Tel line anymore since it use fibra...hahaha

weikee
post Apr 15 2012, 06:24 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(Jo_da48 @ Apr 15 2012, 05:19 PM)
for belkin, recommeded to use the modal have allow Tel line connection before going into Modem. I hit twice and only replaced the Modem Power adapter and the rest euipment all OK.
Before used the modal, I use the one without Tel protection, end up Modem / cordless all KO.
Now even better after moving to UNIFI....no surge will came from the Tel line anymore since it use fibra...hahaha
Almost all my electrical stuff protect by Cal-lab biggrin.gif

Added on April 15, 2012, 6:24 pmEven my "Maid'

This post has been edited by weikee: Apr 15 2012, 06:24 PM
nitehawk
post Aug 16 2020, 03:49 PM

On my way
697 posts

QUOTE(Jo_da48 @ Aug 5 2011, 08:32 AM)
I was thinking of the possiabilities of having a so called "Power Stabilizer Unit" for home use install, to protect and have a stable electricity included of $$$ saving.
Where it place right after the main meter type and could plan in the ELCB box
Something like this link
http://www.energy-evolution.com/page.php?28
Any members have such knowleage or have install such device?
* Not those socket type Power Saver
Will this device help in saving electricity bill?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0276sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:29 PM