Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

WhatsApp For iPad And iPad 2 is NOW Available!, How To Install It.. A simple Tweak!

views

TSsugen
post Jul 29 2011, 11:15 AM, updated 13y ago

Regular
1,357 posts

WhatsApp – a very popular cross-platform instant messaging tool – is available on the iPhone and iPod touch but, sadly, isn’t available for the iPad.

Developed by an iOS developer who goes by the name of Lee, WhatsPad removes the “artificial” restriction that WhatsApp has which doesn’t allow it to be used on iPads.

From the app’s page on Cydia:
Enables WhatsApp to run on iPad and iPad 2, this works on both Wifi and Wifi+3G models. There are no settings or icons for this tweak, simply purchase and install WhatsApp.

How To Install WhatsApp On Your iPad

You will, of course, need a jailbroken iPad for this to work. Apple and developers of WhatsApp haven’t approved the tweak yet so jailbreaking is an absolute must:

Note: Since WhatsApp is an iPhone-only app, therefore in most cases, you wont be able to download it on the iPad directly from the App Store. Before you do anything, you need to follow the steps given below exactly as written to install WhatsApp on your iPad.

Step 1: Download and install the iPhone Configuration Utility from the links given below.
iPhone Configuration Utility for Windows
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL926
iPhone Configuration Utility for Mac
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL851

Step 2: Connect your iPad with your Mac or PC.

Step 3: Download WhatsApp for iPhone on your PC or Mac using iTunes.

Step 4: Now launch the iPhone Configuration Utility. On the left hand side, you will see your connected iPad; click on it.

Step 5: Click on Applications from the tabs you see at the top of your screen.

Step 6: Click on Add at the top left and browse for the WhatsApp IPA file you download in Step 3. It can be found under the iTunes Media > Mobile Applications folder.

Step 7: Scroll down and click on Install. WhatsApp will appear on your iPad’s Springboard.

Step 8: On your iPad, open up Cydia and install WhatsPad tweak from the BigBoss repository.

Once the WhatsPad tweak has been installed, you may launch the WhatsApp app from your homescreen and it will work the way it works on your iPhone. Also keep in mind that WhatsApp will ask you to enter a 3-digit PIN for activation which you’ll receive in a text message, therefore be sure to activate WhatsApp using your active phone number on which you can receive text messages in order to get the PIN.W

This post has been edited by sugen: Jul 29 2011, 12:47 PM
TSsugen
post Jul 29 2011, 11:25 AM

Regular
1,357 posts

Yes.. NO JB discussion until further notice! Don't discuss any JB here, rather a tweak for already jailbroken device..
QUOTE(sam0919 @ Jul 29 2011, 11:22 AM)
i tot we cant discuss JB in lowyat?
TSsugen
post Jul 29 2011, 12:49 PM

Regular
1,357 posts

Yes.. WIFI can.. all you need to do is supply a hp number for ACTIVATION..
QUOTE(sam0919 @ Jul 29 2011, 12:35 PM)
wifi can use? 3g sim card havent got it yet
TSsugen
post Jul 29 2011, 03:16 PM

Regular
1,357 posts

I don't think you can do that. As Whatsapp server will said the phone number is already being activated.
QUOTE(Ju-On @ Jul 29 2011, 03:14 PM)
What happen if I use the same hp number that registered in my iPhone whatsapp to register again in iPad whatsapp.?
TSsugen
post Jul 29 2011, 03:55 PM

Regular
1,357 posts

Noted.. At lease someone confirm this.. most people only have 1 hp number... This can cause a problem too..
QUOTE(khoh @ Jul 29 2011, 03:29 PM)
Yes you can but it overwrite the 1st device and Whatsapp only enable on the latest activated device.
TSsugen
post Jul 29 2011, 08:20 PM

Regular
1,357 posts

Great! I have only 1 HP number, so prefer it on my iphone4 rather ipad2
QUOTE(acbc @ Jul 29 2011, 07:04 PM)
Got mine to work flawlessly...
TSsugen
post Aug 11 2011, 10:33 AM

Regular
1,357 posts

Bro.. did u purchase orignal copy?
QUOTE(jeremy7 @ Aug 10 2011, 11:48 PM)
bro,i installed whatsapp previously but accidently sync itunes with pad,now whatapps deleted!! i follow your step,when i click install at the iphone configuration utility,error occur...then i go back itune,after tick the whatapps,and apply/sync,it say not compitable with ipad2...i wanna try to deauthorized the pc,but it say if i do so,a lots of apps will delete...HOW? hope you can reply me...

Added on August 10, 2011, 11:57 pmor if i deautorized pc,will itune delete all my apps?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:51 AM