Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

We're having intermittent DNS issues, that should resolve itself shortly.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cintai Holidays card scam?!, anyone has one? (Serious Talk)

mav3rick
post Jul 25 2011, 05:16 PM, updated 8y ago

Group: Junior Member

hey guys,

anyone of you signed up for this traveller's card from Cintai Holidays? Allow me to share my current predicament.

Back in 2005, I received a call from Cintai Holidays (no idea where they got my number from) with the usual sales pitch la (ohh.. congratulations, you're one of the lucky few who are selected blah blah blah..) for a travellers card, which among its benefits are a free holiday, free car towing insurance, and their services which they will assist you in booking hotels in Malaysia for lower rates. All this for RM 499 and which at that point of time, the sales rep told me, WAS A SINGLE PAYMENT FOR LIFE. at that point of time, i was in a new relationship and i thought it would be a good idea to have some 'alone' time together brows.gif so i signed up without much thjought. Due to conflicting schedules most of the time, I did not manage to utilize the free 3D2N holiday voucher that came with the card. in fact, i did use any of their services AT ALL, save for the car towing insurance, which i renewed for 2 years.

Well, back in 2008, i received a phone call again from Cintai holidays, telling me that they now have a gold card and that i have to upgrade to it. When they told me i had to pay another RM 599 just for the upgrade, naturally i declined. I told that i havent utilized any of the services, not even the free holiday, and since its a for lifetime membership, why are they charging me extra? i told them not to upgrade me as i'm not interested in using their facilities. They backed off after that. From then onwards, i even cancelled the car towing insurance cover that i had with them, and did not utilize any of their services any longer.

To my dismay, in 2011, again i receved another phone call from cintai holidays, stating that they now have a PLATINUM card and this time, they will be issuing a guarentee letter stating that this will be the final payment that any member has to make, FOR LIFE (boy they seem to love this word). again its for RM 599 and this time, they told me that i MUST sign up for this. Naturally again, i told them to fucuk off. I said that i cannot trust them anymore since, they keep coming up with all these crap to take my hard earned money when initially during when i first signed up, they told me that it was for life. To my horror, the sale rep told me that in this case, since i do not want their platinum card offer, they will charge me RM400 plus annual fees. i was like wtf??!!! rclxub.gif
after a moment of shocking.gif i recomposed and told the sale rep that in this case, please cancel my membership, since i do not use any of their services at all. Then came the best part, she told me that i cannot cancel my membership, since i signed up for LIFE!!!!! rclxub.gif Again i was shocking.gif i told her that this is absurd. Makes no sense. in the first place, when i signed up, they told me its for life, yes, so this means that the payment that i first made would suffice right? since its for life.. secondly, why am i not allowed to terminate my membership? i totaly don't get it. Well, the sales rep for adament that i would have to choose either or, and she was getting pretty rude. So i told her that i wont pay another single cent and if they charge me, i will bring this up to NCCC. The call ended on that note.

Sorry for the long winded story. just want to check if any member here share the same issue as myself? if yes, i'm planning to make an official complaint to NCCC regardless if they charge me or not, because i find their way of doing business very very unscrupolous. So just want to check if anyone want to make the same complaint. icon_rolleyes.gif
halimsan
post Jul 25 2011, 05:20 PM

Getting Started

I have same exp with VA holidays. But they no longer disturb me. And their service was not gooding. I check their website before got no updates. dead already maybe.
lawsh
post Jul 25 2011, 05:21 PM

Cikurity
Group: Senior Member

they cannot charge you because they do NOT have your credit card details smile.gif

so i will not worry.
i think i had this card before also BUT i have changed number a few times so no more calls from them
Nidz
post Jul 25 2011, 05:24 PM

Don't Be Average!!

i now use starwood privilege card. very gooding~~
mav3rick
post Jul 25 2011, 05:25 PM

QUOTE(lawsh @ Jul 25 2011, 05:21 PM)
they cannot charge you because they do NOT have your credit card details smile.gif

so i will not worry.
i think i had this card before also BUT i have changed number a few times so no more calls from them
on the contrary, i think they have. When i first signed up, it was over the phone, i gave them my card number and my authorization number (3 digit) to them. Come to think of it, i need to call up my bank.. knnccb.. the price for being h0rny.. biggrin.gif
mav3rick
post Jul 25 2011, 05:27 PM

QUOTE(Nidz @ Jul 25 2011, 05:24 PM)
i now use starwood privilege card. very gooding~~
do they offer the same services? is it easy to book hotels even on peak periods?
billylks
post Jul 25 2011, 05:30 PM

Getting Started

Dude, do you still keep the contract letter you signed? You can use that contract to present your case to NCCC.
mav3rick
post Jul 25 2011, 05:31 PM

QUOTE(halimsan @ Jul 25 2011, 05:20 PM)
I have same exp with VA holidays. But they no longer disturb me. And their service was not gooding. I check their website before got no updates. dead already maybe.
so you just stood your ground and didnt pay? i wonder if this is the same tactics employed by most travel agencies that offer these kind of services. Damn..
mav3rick
post Jul 25 2011, 05:33 PM

QUOTE(billylks @ Jul 25 2011, 05:30 PM)
Dude, do you still keep the contract letter you signed? You can use that contract to present your case to NCCC.
thanks for the input. I may have to search high and low, its been more than 5 years tongue.gif but i will try to search and see. i think i can still present a case to the NCCC even without the contract letter.. no? at least get them to initiate some investigation or some sort? tongue.gif
mav3rick
post Jul 25 2011, 10:00 PM

shit.. i just found this at the NCCC website

http://www.nccc.org.my/v2/index.php/aduan-...alaysia-sdn-bhd

TINDAKAN NCCC
NCCC telah melanjutkan perkara ini kepada pihak Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM) dan kepada pihak Kementerian Perdagangan Dalam Negeri Koperasi dan Kepenggunaan (KPDNKK) untuk siasatan dan tindakan. Hasil daripada siasatan pihak SSM mendapati bahawa Syarikat CINTAI HOLIDAYS (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD menjalankan kegiatan pemasaran melalui panggilan telefon. Semakan mendapati lesen jualan langsung Syarikat tersebut telah dibatalkan pada tahun 2004.

NASIHAT NCCC
Pihak pengguna sebelum menyertai diri dalam program-program begini perlu mengetahui bahawa Syarikat tersebut masih mempunyai lesen yang sah atau dibatalkan. Pengguna boleh mendapati maklumat tersebut daripada pihak SSM.
NCCC berharap pihak yang bertanggungjawap akan mengambil tindakan diatas Syarikat CINTAI HOLIDAYS (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD yang masih dalam operasi selepas pembatalan lesen.

all, please beware of this company. don't make the same mistake like i did..
zamanjaafar
post Jul 25 2011, 10:03 PM

NOT DUPIN' SINCE '03

aku baca pun hati dah panas
mav3rick
post Jul 25 2011, 11:11 PM

QUOTE(zamanjaafar @ Jul 25 2011, 10:03 PM)
aku baca pun hati dah panas
well you should have been on the phone with the sale rep.. damn kurang ajar!!!! thinking back on the conversation now.. damn 9 DULAN!!! vmad.gif
memberkawankau
post Aug 28 2011, 07:43 AM

Group: Newbie

DAMN!!!!! this morning nak dekat2 raya i'm very2 angry. on 24/8/2011. OK history first.

- on 2007 I has been offered holidays package. pay one time for the lifetime. too naive and first time using credit card so I accepted. thinking that i'm going to holidays with my wife (baru kahwin maa). this time paid RM 599

- on 2009 i has been offered some package again - gold card membership. this time RM 590. I ask why pay again last time said pay one time for the life time. he said this is the package that you will get bla..bla...bla. then he said this is the last payment. I asked for hitam putih.. then i signed the paper and fax to them. i still simpan the paper. it clearly stated LAST PAYMENT!!

-on 24/8/2011 i had been called from Nora i think. said i have made payment for PLATINUM membership. WTF. i said last time is the last payment. she said that for GOLD department. NOW PLATINUM department. I'm too busy and said " you called me at time like this and expect me to pay RM599. naK dekat raya some more." i banyak bising then she said " OK i keep it KIV after raya" FINE!.

-on 26/8/2011 the LAST Friday before holidays. Kerja banyak mau siap. everything must be prepared before holidays. I'm too busy to answer phone. She called me few times. i was like. WTF last time said KIV after raya.

-Now today at the very LOVELY morning at my hometown. i online to check my salary (private sector maa). then i saw a deduction RM 599 from my credit card???!! that ******* deducted without consult my approval???? how they can do that??

I very2 angry.. even my hand was shacking. what the proper action should i put to make them LIVING HELL . (i can go slice them bit by bit that will put me behind bars.)

I was simpan duit for purchase a nice hi-end GC then this monkey easily steal from me.

ARGGHHHHHH!!!!! This is my WORST raya ever. someone going to die!!

erry-
post Aug 28 2011, 07:52 AM

Custom Member Title

my sister also kena (other company la).

after being charged, immediately replace card, give reason to bank card is missing.

so get new card with new number, that stupid company cannot charged anymore.
PVCpipe
post Aug 28 2011, 08:00 AM

custom made

QUOTE(memberkawankau @ Aug 28 2011, 07:43 AM)
DAMN!!!!! this morning nak dekat2 raya i'm very2 angry. on 24/8/2011. OK history first.

- on 2007 I has been offered holidays package. pay one time for the lifetime. too naive and first time using credit card so I accepted. thinking that i'm going to holidays with my wife (baru kahwin maa). this time paid RM 599

- on 2009 i has been offered some package again - gold card membership. this time RM 590. I ask why pay again last time said pay one time for the life time. he said this is the package that you will get bla..bla...bla.  then he said this is the last payment. I asked for hitam putih.. then i signed the paper and fax to them. i still simpan the paper. it clearly stated LAST PAYMENT!!

-on 24/8/2011 i had been called from Nora i think. said i have made payment for PLATINUM membership. WTF. i said last time is the last payment. she said that for GOLD department. NOW PLATINUM department. I'm too busy and said " you called me at time like this and expect me to pay RM599. naK dekat raya some more."  i banyak bising then she said " OK i keep it KIV after raya" FINE!.

-on 26/8/2011 the LAST Friday before holidays. Kerja banyak mau siap. everything must be prepared before holidays. I'm too busy to answer phone.  She called me few times. i was like. WTF last time said KIV  after raya.

-Now today at the very LOVELY morning at my hometown. i online to check my salary (private sector maa). then i saw a deduction RM 599 from my credit card???!!  that ******* deducted without consult my approval???? how they can do that??
I very2 angry.. even my hand was shacking. what the proper action should i put to make them LIVING HELL .  (i can go slice them bit by bit that will put me behind bars.)

I was simpan duit for purchase a nice hi-end GC then this monkey easily steal from me.

panasssssss....
memberkawankau
post Aug 28 2011, 08:04 AM

QUOTE(erry- @ Aug 28 2011, 07:52 AM)
my sister also kena (other company la).

after being charged, immediately replace card, give reason to bank card is missing.

so get new card with new number, that stupid company cannot charged anymore.
Yes, we can replace the card. But i'm not going to let them go like that. i'm thinking with legal action. should i make police report? should i asked my bank make a report to me, so i can bring to police ( i'm their customer right? i mean the bank). what should i do. i'm not thinking straight now. semalam baru potong buluh mau buat lemang.. i tengok parang tu ringan je... they will pay because make my raya like this. they are not getting away.

Therapy88
post Aug 28 2011, 08:05 AM

Getting Started

2 weeks ago i also change my card..someone posed as Etiqa rep called me ..i mamai skit masa jawab terjaga dari tido, then bagi details card..luckily i tringat check nmbr fon..called maybank centre to cancel card n block all transact...fuh!!
BobbiBites
post Aug 28 2011, 08:10 AM

too much scam liow....i'm sick
PVCpipe
post Aug 28 2011, 08:12 AM

custom made

QUOTE(memberkawankau @ Aug 28 2011, 08:04 AM)
Yes, we can replace the card. But i'm not going to let them go  like that. i'm thinking with legal action. should i make police report?  should i asked my bank make a report to me, so i can bring to police ( i'm their customer right? i mean the bank). what should i do. i'm not thinking straight now. semalam baru potong buluh mau buat lemang.. i tengok parang tu ringan je... they will pay  because make my raya like this. they are not getting away.
go amuk their office la
Avex
post Aug 28 2011, 08:23 AM

Casual

most of these holiday scams has been going on since the 80's
skidall
post Jun 5 2012, 02:23 PM

i have the same experience. was naive also to pay the initial payment and also decline anymore offers from them. went thru all the hassle of gaduh2, maki2 and finally talking some sense to ppl who i know is being trained to do con, force and even threaten me with words like SAMAN, YEARLY FEE, etc etc...even though its suppose to be FREE for LIFE!
Everythin was quite for 2 months after i told them, u can give my number to anyone else...i dun give a damn. u can charge me all u want...let me see the bill.
pagi tadi...they made a comeback saying that since i dun wan to renew and now they want to cancel my registration, i need to PAY AGAIN RM400 to exit this deal (as stated in what F*CK contract). Perghhh...berani punye budak betul!

yunus-my
post Aug 15 2013, 05:20 PM

QUOTE(skidall @ Jun 5 2012, 02:23 PM)
i have the same experience. was naive also to pay the initial payment and also decline anymore offers from them. went thru all the hassle of gaduh2, maki2 and finally talking some sense to ppl who i know is being trained to do con, force and even threaten me with words like SAMAN, YEARLY FEE, etc etc...even though its suppose to be FREE for LIFE!
Everythin was quite for 2 months after i told them, u can give my number to anyone else...i dun give a damn. u can charge me all u want...let me see the bill.
pagi tadi...they made a comeback saying that since i dun wan to renew and now they want to cancel my registration, i need to PAY AGAIN RM400 to exit this deal (as stated in what F*CK contract). Perghhh...berani punye budak betul!
Hi, me too. mad.gif mad.gif

Today, 15 Aug 2013, i was contacted by a representative from a 'legal firm' (h/p: 012-3350652) representing Cintai Holidays.
She ask me if i had bought the package and cancelled my lifetime membership card.

I said YES i took it in 2008, but i don't cancel my membership.
(actually, i took this package in 2008,and 3 months later i had cancelled it after realizing this is rubbish, but lost ~RM200 back then because they don't want to give full refund!!! duhh!!)

Since i 'did not cancelled', she said i'm going to be charged RM3000 by Cintai Holidays for not cancelling my membership, as i'm not utilizing the card.

But she said i still have chance to bye the fee if i pay RM599 today, because she said today is the 'due date' before she process the legal document.

I was shocked, because one thing i remember, back then in 2008 the sale's agent told me, if i don't want to use the package just ignore it. So i ignore. Now they want to charge me!
I get angry, so i just said i'm going to lodge police report vmad.gif vmad.gif

Then she said hmm.. hmmm...ok, bye-bye.

I don't know whether this 'legal document' is real or not. But I suspect this is a scam. I had changed my credit card that i used to buy the package.
Based on all the above posts/comments, i suspect she is one of the agent using new strategy to get my new credit card number (through the new payment).

Pls be careful. Better if you don't buy this kind of package at all. Just avoid it!

zikemz
post Aug 15 2013, 05:27 PM

got call from their lawyer representative konon2nye..said will sue me
i said..just sue la

already past 6 month..
nothing happens
Reddish
post Oct 16 2013, 04:19 PM

QUOTE(yunus-my @ Aug 15 2013, 05:20 PM)
Hi, me too.  mad.gif  mad.gif

Today, 15 Aug 2013, i was contacted by a representative from a 'legal firm' (h/p: 012-3350652) representing Cintai Holidays.
She ask me if i had bought the package and  cancelled my lifetime membership card.

I said YES i took it in 2008, but i don't cancel my membership. 
(actually, i took this package in 2008,and 3 months later i had cancelled it after realizing this is rubbish, but lost ~RM200 back then because they don't want to give full refund!!! duhh!!)

Since i 'did not cancelled', she said i'm going to be charged RM3000 by Cintai Holidays for not cancelling my membership, as i'm not utilizing the card.

But she said i still have chance to bye the fee if i pay RM599 today, because she said today is the 'due date' before she process the legal document.

I was shocked, because one thing i remember, back then in 2008 the sale's agent told me, if i don't want to use the package just ignore it. So i ignore. Now they want to charge me!
I get angry, so i just said i'm going to lodge police report  vmad.gif  vmad.gif

Then she said hmm.. hmmm...ok, bye-bye.

I don't know whether this 'legal document' is real or not. But I suspect this is a scam. I had changed my credit card that i used to buy the package.
Based on all the above posts/comments, i suspect she is one of the agent using new strategy to get my new credit card number (through the new payment).
Pls be careful. Better if you don't buy this kind of package at all. Just avoid it!
Hey guys,

I need advise here. They asking me to pay for cancelation fee RM599, if not will bring me to court... should i pay this F**king company??
takkicom
post Oct 16 2013, 04:33 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Avex @ Aug 28 2011, 08:23 AM)
most of these holiday scams has been going on since the 80's
mlim2014
post Feb 24 2014, 04:21 PM

BEWARE OF SCAM[U]

Ex employees of West Dyna Quest has done damage to the original Company by setting all the fraud cases mentioned herein. The bad hats had been terminated to to illegal practices and before they left the Company. The masterminds had obtained all the database of members who had bought the package.
They started a Company under registered under the name of "Wests Dynas Marketing" which has no relation with this Company. A police has been lodged
Please DO NOT pay anyone other than West Dyna Quest. If you receive such calls please ignore them
I hope this clarifies the doubts
Please call this number to verify 03-2810610
cocogurl
post Jun 23 2014, 11:28 AM

Hi everyone i just receive call from the lawyer company regading cintai holiday...can anyone help me please what should i do...:'(

This post has been edited by cocogurl: Jun 23 2014, 11:29 AM
Reddish
post Jun 25 2014, 04:44 PM

QUOTE(cocogurl @ Jun 23 2014, 11:28 AM)
Hi everyone i just receive call from the lawyer company regading cintai holiday...can anyone help me please what should i do...:'(
I just recieved a call from lawyer company too (he claimed that)... i told him i won't pay a single cent and put my phone away to let him continue whatever things he wanna say... he hung up after he done talking. I'm planning to make a complaint to consumer rights but dunno how to start... any advise?
Reddish
post Jun 25 2014, 04:49 PM

QUOTE(cocogurl @ Jun 23 2014, 11:28 AM)
Someone did compaint their company in 2011

http://www.nccc.org.my/v2/index.php/aduan-...alaysia-sdn-bhd
mousqy
post Jun 25 2014, 04:53 PM

On my way

for life la kena bayar hahaha
fatboyslim247
post Jun 25 2014, 05:01 PM

QUOTE(memberkawankau @ Aug 28 2011, 07:43 AM)

- on 2009 i has been offered some package again - gold card membership. this time RM 590. I ask why pay again last time said pay one time for the life time. he said this is the package that you will get bla..bla...bla.  then he said this is the last payment. I asked for hitam putih.. then i signed the paper and fax to them. i still simpan the paper. it clearly stated LAST PAYMENT!!

-on 24/8/2011 i had been called from Nora i think. said i have made payment for PLATINUM membership. WTF. i said last time is the last payment. she said that for GOLD department. NOW PLATINUM department. I'm too busy and said " you called me at time like this and expect me to pay RM599. naK dekat raya some more."  i banyak bising then she said " OK i keep it KIV after raya" FINE!.

-on 26/8/2011 the LAST Friday before holidays. Kerja banyak mau siap. everything must be prepared before holidays. I'm too busy to answer phone.  She called me few times. i was like. WTF last time said KIV  after raya.

-Now today at the very LOVELY morning at my hometown. i online to check my salary (private sector maa). then i saw a deduction RM 599 from my credit card???!!  that ******* deducted without consult my approval???? how they can do that??
I very2 angry.. even my hand was shacking. what the proper action should i put to make them LIVING HELL .  (i can go slice them bit by bit that will put me behind bars.)

Call your bank, tell them they was an payment charged to your Credit Card and it was unauthorized. Bank will ask you to give details. May take up one month plus for investigation but you can get your money back. you no sign any paper that authorised the charged made to your card for the most recent one? Then you can get your money back.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1032sec    3.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st February 2019 - 08:14 AM