Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nissan sylphy original hu upgrade advice, Change clarion cx501a or add component ?

views

SUSkyheng
post Aug 12 2011, 10:09 AM

Enthusiast
888 posts

QUOTE(Drian @ Aug 11 2011, 02:27 PM)
The speakers in sylphy like typical OEM is really low in quality. It is rated 30watts max so my guess is that the HU is also rated the same.
If you want better change the HU and the speakers.
Big watts does not means it will be good quality..... You only need a clean 10W on tweeter to fry your ears.....
This is the Japan's Pioneer P99(DEH-P01)'s mini amp, which rated only 22W per channel.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Drian
post Aug 12 2011, 10:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

QUOTE(kyheng @ Aug 12 2011, 10:09 AM)
Big watts does not means it will be good quality..... You only need a clean 10W on tweeter to fry your ears.....
This is the Japan's Pioneer P99(DEH-P01)'s mini amp, which rated only 22W per channel.
The one that requires a lot of power is not the tweeter , but the midbass speakers especially at the 60-200Hz frequency region.

As you go down in frequency for a speaker, the power requirements go up.

SUSkyheng
post Aug 12 2011, 10:37 AM

Enthusiast
888 posts

Yes and no on your statement...... Indeed bass need more power...
Yes when you don't have a sub....
No when you have a sub.....
BTW, am using this amp now for my front stage....
thunderaj
post Aug 12 2011, 11:38 AM

General Manager
1,175 posts

QUOTE(iceggy @ Aug 11 2011, 04:59 PM)
I just got the confirmation email from TCAT that the Navi unit does has a Aux-in&out.

I am not sure why I would ever use the IN but good to know.

Anyway, I just send my P80RS for service(the volume know loose) and ordered my IP-BUS-RCA interconnect. I can only do up my ICE once my HU is back.

Thanks.
Correct if i am wrong.

By doing the above you may connect you Navi audio into the HU for better sound.

Sorry i dont much knowledge in ICE.
iceggy
post Aug 13 2011, 11:25 AM

34 posts

I just call from TCAT that I need to purchase a cable from them to have to AUX-out from the Navi unit. It cost RM80.
TSKeehongchoon
post Aug 19 2011, 01:18 PM

0 posts

I has enquired to TCEAS Glenmarie 2 months ago, the wire are complimentary with the purchase of new hu, when requested by customer. Your may verify to this. RM80 is too expensive.
eBoy
post Oct 22 2011, 02:23 PM

35 posts

Hi All,

Need advice here on installing after-market GPS system - warranty void concern. I have gotten a Sylphy Comfort several weeks ago and wanted to install GPS plus cameras (front and reverse). Have surveyed the market and the ori Multimedia GPS System from TC is RM3.5K which is beyond my budget. Have found several after-market GPS systems with prices ranges from 1.3K TO 2.4K.

There is a unit from Audiolab that I am particularly interested in as it comes with the HU (including DVD function) and a 7inch LCD screen above the HU (similar to the Multimedia GPS of the Sylphy Luxury Navi). Audiolab also claim that it is a plug-n-play unit as no wires will be cut. As for the cameras there will be an additional wire to be tapped onto the car's power source (not too sure what he meant). My concern is on the warranty - will it void only the original HU or the warrant of the whole car? Please advise.

MyWifeCar
post Oct 22 2011, 05:07 PM

★ Car Soundproofing DIY~
591 posts

QUOTE(eBoy @ Oct 22 2011, 02:23 PM)
Hi All,

Need advice here on installing after-market GPS system - warranty void concern.  I have gotten a Sylphy Comfort several weeks ago and wanted to install GPS plus cameras (front and reverse).  Have surveyed the market and the ori Multimedia GPS System from TC is RM3.5K which is beyond my budget.  Have found several after-market GPS systems with prices ranges from 1.3K TO 2.4K.

There is a unit from Audiolab that I am particularly interested in as it comes with the HU (including DVD function) and a 7inch LCD screen above the HU (similar to the Multimedia GPS of the Sylphy Luxury Navi). Audiolab also claim that it is a plug-n-play unit as no wires will be cut.  As for the cameras there will be an additional wire to be tapped onto the car's power source (not too sure what he meant). My concern is on the warranty - will it void only the original HU or the warrant of the whole car?  Please advise.
Nissan should be fine, they are more professional. It will only void your Ori HU warranty.
eBoy
post Oct 23 2011, 01:48 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(MyWifeCar @ Oct 22 2011, 05:07 PM)
Nissan should be fine, they are more professional. It will only void your Ori HU warranty.
Thanks MyWifeCar.
lowyards
post Jan 15 2020, 04:01 PM

19 posts

I saw another alternative to this.

Method 1:
You change to android player (which you will need to remove the original HU and Navi Unit) in order to fix the android player and your aircond vents also change position.

user posted image

OR

Method 2:
Minor change with adding a case in your existing HU lobang and use a small HU

user posted image

OR

Method 3:
Minor change also, without adding case, buy a same HU with same size as the existing.

user posted image

For method 2 and 3, does anyone know where can i do this in Malaysia? Seems like in malaysia, more people did the android player method, but since my sylphy is with the Navi, i do not want to tamper with it, and want to go for method 2 or 3. See photo for more info on method 2 and 3

This post has been edited by lowyards: Jan 15 2020, 04:03 PM
SilenTz_1993
post Mar 23 2021, 09:57 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

Hey all, bumping this topic up a little, looking to upgrade my nissan sylphy a little -

Looking to upgrade the speaker + Head unit - would be great to get suggestions on this!
eugene_soong P
post Nov 19 2021, 01:24 PM

Probation
8 posts

QUOTE(SilenTz_1993 @ Mar 23 2021, 09:57 AM)
Hey all, bumping this topic up a little, looking to upgrade my nissan sylphy a little -

Looking to upgrade the speaker + Head unit - would be great to get suggestions on this!
hello. yup, i actually finding head unit without change the stock casing. any sifu here can recommend?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:00 PM