Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Olimpiad Matematik Kebangsaan, National Mathematics Olympiad

views

TSEducationABC
post Jul 13 2011, 05:46 PM, updated 13y ago

Getting Started
215 posts

Recently a friend of mine expressed his interest in participating in this annual competition, I'm interested too. Has anyone participated in this competition before at Sulung( Form 5/Form 6/ Matrikulasi setara) level? I found out that some Bongsu level (Form 1/ Form 2) sample questions tests students on Form 4/5 syllabus material. Does that mean I have to study Form 6/A level material if I wish to participate in this competition next year? Can someone who have participated in this competition before share what is the sulung level competition like? I cant find past papers for sulung level.

This post has been edited by EducationABC: Jul 13 2011, 07:44 PM
TSEducationABC
post Jul 13 2011, 07:46 PM

Getting Started
215 posts

QUOTE(reconnaissance @ Jul 13 2011, 07:21 PM)
Nice ambition. Any links to it? You're flaming up my interest..
We can team up for some thorough and intensive revision. smile.gif
2 official links is all I have.

http://persama.org.my/index.php?option=com...id=61&Itemid=94

http://persama.org.my/index.php?option=com...d=77&Itemid=107

By the way, this year's competition is over. We'll have to wait till next year, are you still eligible by then?

TSEducationABC
post Jul 14 2011, 08:37 PM

Getting Started
215 posts

QUOTE(ratloverice @ Jul 14 2011, 05:07 AM)
No offense, but seriously I don't think that you will be able to cover the syllabus of form6/A-level. Its level is too far away from that of form4/5. Btw, all the best to the both of you biggrin.gif
Thats why I am anxious to get the sulung level paper. I want to know exactly whether it is for me or not. It doesn't seem feasible now....(After reviewing Bongsu (form 1&2) past papers, which I could only solve half of them =.=)

QUOTE(reconnaissance @ Jul 14 2011, 09:20 AM)
Haha. I've aced myself on IB Mathematics SL when I was Form 3. So it won't be difficult picking up A levels with the remaining knowledge toward HL.
But.. sleep.gif
I have a classmate just like you, just slightly slower in pace. He is almost done with form 5 maths and looking forward to A level maths by the end of this month. biggrin.gif You're the ones who'll stand a good chance. wink.gif Are you doing IB now?

Still no one who is willing to share their experience? icon_question.gif

Added on July 15, 2011, 6:47 pmI need someone to decide whether I should go or not....

This post has been edited by EducationABC: Jul 15 2011, 06:47 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:30 AM