Games Samurai Warriors: Chronicles [3DS], Hack and Slash

views

TSstalkie
post Jul 13 2011, 02:25 PM, updated 13y ago

Best thing of my life...
1,795 posts

Official US Site: http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/swc/

Description:
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (戦国無双 クロニクル Sengoku Musō Kuronikuru) is a hack and slash developed by Omega Force and published by Tecmo Koei Games for the Nintendo 3DS. It was released as a launch title in Japan on February 26, 2011, in Europe on March 25, 2011, and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles introduces several new features not included in prior Samurai Warriors games. While the top screen displays the main game, the bottom screen is used to display maps, KO's, and mission data. A player can switch between four characters during battle, switching the screen to their respective locations as well. Unlike previous titles where the player chooses a hero and focuses on their story, the player chooses a male (wielding a dai-katana and rifle) or female (wielding dual swords) character which they play as a primary character in every story battle, following their own story and changing around different armies. Each battle also allows you to have 1-4 (depending on the battle) side characters to switch between during the battle. Before a stage is cleared these are fixed on certain characters related to the story. Once the mission has been cleared once, the player can change these characters out to any character they have unlocked for free play. Every character taking place in a battle receives xp, and the weapons found during the mission are divied out according to the players choosing between these characters.

Trailer:

Some Review:

SpotPass DLC content will be released every Friday from May 13th until September 30th 2011 (21 Weeks)

This post has been edited by stalkie: Jul 14 2011, 11:12 AM
TSstalkie
post Jul 13 2011, 02:27 PM

Best thing of my life...
1,795 posts

SAMURAI WARRIORS: Chronicles - New SpotPass Content #8
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Motonari's Machinations

New SpotPass content spotted!

This week you will have the privilege to enter Motonari's Machinations, a brand new playable scenario!

The Tachibana receive a letter from Motonari Mori - but he's supposed to be dead! What's going on?

This is what you will try to discover by unfolding the intrigue of this 4th extra scenario!

Be warned - you'll need your wits about you for this one!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Source: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150360603568079

This post has been edited by stalkie: Jul 13 2011, 02:37 PM
TSstalkie
post Jul 13 2011, 02:38 PM

Best thing of my life...
1,795 posts

I need help in Samurai Warriors Chronicle, got stuck in a mission even on Easy mode... sad.gif

Tried Google and YouTube no luck...

I'm currently at Part 4 Mission 1: Battle of Fushimi Castle (Eastern Army)

Securing the southwest (**)
Capture the Southwestern Garrison before Hideie Ukita reaches Fushimi Castle!
I failed this one, cannot get to Hideie Ukita on time

Fire safely (****)
Prevent the Chief Engineer from reaching Fushimi Castle!
I failed this one also

I think biggest problem is I dunno how to go about, some area were blocked and I wasted time hunting and killing those guard to open the gate... any ideas?

Thanks!

This post has been edited by stalkie: Jul 13 2011, 02:39 PM
juwels
post Jul 13 2011, 03:00 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

i suck at this game cry.gif
i might sell or trade it soon unsure.gif

i feel the missions are very disruptive - they keep coming in while i am hacking and slashing and i keep losing focus.

the game is also quite unforgiving - 1 minute to complete a new mission while i am still in the midst of two other missions?!? oi!! mad.gif

the graphics also kinda meh, colour so murky. riding on the horse while fighting is a pain, and i dont really understand the leader modes and the weapon upgrades sad.gif

having said all that, i do know ppl who found this game good, who have put in more than 50 hours playing it. content wise SW quite extensive i guess.

conclusion : i think this game genre not suitable for me. sweat.gif

p/s: sorry stalkie! totally took over your thread to rant!
TSstalkie
post Jul 13 2011, 03:13 PM

Best thing of my life...
1,795 posts

QUOTE(juwels @ Jul 13 2011, 03:00 PM)
i suck at this game cry.gif
i might sell or trade it soon unsure.gif

i feel the missions are very disruptive - they keep coming in while i am hacking and slashing and i keep losing focus.

the game is also quite unforgiving - 1 minute to complete a new mission while i am still in the midst of two other missions?!? oi!! mad.gif

the graphics also kinda meh, colour so murky. riding on the horse while fighting is a pain, and i dont really understand the leader modes and the weapon upgrades sad.gif

having said all that, i do know ppl who found this game good, who have put in more than 50 hours playing it. content wise SW quite extensive i guess.

conclusion : i think this game genre not suitable for me.  sweat.gif

p/s: sorry stalkie! totally took over your thread to rant!
laugh.gif it's all right, this game is not for everyone...

I did thought of selling it off as well but I'm trying my best to love it blink.gif

Got to give credit to them since they making an effort to offer DLC mission content weekly and I also like that the fact they did not use English voice over kekeke... tongue.gif

I have currently stopped at the Part 4 Mission 1: Battle of Fushimi Castle (Eastern Army) as mentioned above... hoping some one can guide me or someone decided to upload walkthrough videos in YouTube (which I doubt that) sad.gif

Playing other game now blush.gif
juwels
post Jul 13 2011, 03:23 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

hmm.gif ok i also try my best to love it since already bought sweat.gif
and yeah, memang give them credit for being so semangat with DLC content plus streetpass nod.gif

i think i was stuck at Part 4 also....then i went and replayed all previous missions. after that went back to Part 4, blur here blur there but manage to pass laugh.gif
TSstalkie
post Jul 13 2011, 03:32 PM

Best thing of my life...
1,795 posts

Dunno why the YouTube videos not showing up...

I'm using [ youtube ] [ \ youtube ]
Fujisawa_Ruuzaa
post Jul 13 2011, 04:02 PM

20 posts

u need to embed like this

CODE
[YOUTUBE]ZePgSDmZIdU[/YOUTUBE]

TSstalkie
post Jul 13 2011, 04:11 PM

Best thing of my life...
1,795 posts

QUOTE(Fujisawa_Ruuzaa @ Jul 13 2011, 04:02 PM)
u need to embed like this

CODE
[YOUTUBE]ZePgSDmZIdU[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you
Azfar90
post Jul 13 2011, 05:25 PM

16 posts

If don't want to fail on one of a mission, use the interim save...Saving the progress helps much to complete certain mission without doing the entire level all over again...
Better save right after completing any one of the missions..If fail, just exit the game and load back (not need exit to Home Menu)..

Also, use the advantage to use items that can help increase the speed of the officer or buy better horse with fast speed, so that you can get to the objectives fast..

awyongcarl
post Jul 13 2011, 05:31 PM

Regular
1,870 posts

Okay I just tried the game, to be frank, I didn't hate it, in fact, I am somewhat intrigued.

Now if you have played most of the other Sengoku Musou series, you probably will find that the difficulty is somewhat harder and more tedious due to the fact that you need to constantly monitor the screen and giving order to your members.

I didn't played ALL the sengoku series of course, all I've played was the PS2 Sengoku Musou 2, Sengoku Musou on PSP and Sengoku Musou 3Z on PS3 and well, I find the strategic member orders to be fun.

I mean, in the previous series you just concentrate on your own character, but in Chronicle, you get to almost control the whole map!

Scatter up all your members around the battlefield and you will have no problem for most mission lol, thats what I did anyway. (Of course I failed some, but not going to redo it so soon, getting better weapon and higher level will makes them easy later in the game biggrin.gif)

All in all, I think Koei did a decent job on this title, didn't disappoint me like the Sengoku Musou 3Z on PS3 did at least!
KenSniper
post Jul 20 2011, 03:21 PM

10 posts

I like finding all the typos in the dialog XD The first mission intro was the most obvious one

On topic... I love this game a lot! manage to get my first Streetpass battle with a guy name Max, though i lost >_< Was unlucky enough to have the formation that was weak to his
SayuraTsukino
post Jan 6 2013, 05:16 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(stalkie @ Jul 13 2011, 12:13 AM)
laugh.gif it's all right, this game is not for everyone...

I did thought of selling it off as well but I'm trying my best to love it  blink.gif

Got to give credit to them since they making an effort to offer DLC mission content weekly and I also like that the fact they did not use English voice over kekeke...  tongue.gif

I have currently stopped at the Part 4 Mission 1: Battle of Fushimi Castle (Eastern Army) as mentioned above... hoping some one can guide me or someone decided to upload walkthrough videos in YouTube (which I doubt that) sad.gif

Playing other game now  blush.gif
Hey There, ^^

I'm Sayu, Pleased to meet you all. I would totally want to post youtube videos on the complete walkthrough of the game but I unfortunately do not know how to
do that yet. icon_question.gif I am currently working on it and I hope that by the time I do complete those videos there will still be people who will be playing this game and would enjoy those walkthroughs. xP

I personally really love this game \(^o^)/ ... ( So much that I cannot wait for the 2nd one to be released!!! >_<)
I do admit the missions keep coming in while you're busy completing others o_o but the command system, to make the other characters
available to use and command at any time, is there for that purpose.

You simply have to send the other characters do that mission while
you're busy completing the ones you are currently taking care of. bruce.gif

Once you get the hang of it, it'll be really fun! >:D

But yeah, for the time being, I may only answer questions... sad.gif since I have unlocked all the characters, the events, and the secret gaiden stages.

So I'll do my best to answer to any question! x) I wish you all good luck and enjoy the game since it's really an interesting game to play! ^.^

Sayu out! >:P

happy.gif
Zeromarch
post Jan 10 2013, 04:53 PM

0 posts

well anyone know where got sell this game??? i found few shop near my home but no luck cry.gif
teahouse
post Jun 28 2016, 12:17 AM

2 posts

hi !!!! anyone selling samurai warriors chronicles 3 for Nintendo 3DS. its been so long since the game came out. please I'm interested in getting the game. I don't mind if its preloved or second handed as long as the game card is still working fine.
PLEAAASE I really want to play that game sad.gif
ellywirda
post Jul 2 2016, 02:35 PM

5 posts

last i checked....recently you can buy and download this game from the e-shop.....

i ordered mine in may from US with a friend who was coming back..... because i tried finding in eshop but not available.... then after i already ordered ... about a week after that..saw that it is suddenly available in eshop ... doh.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
teahouse
post May 29 2017, 03:25 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(ellywirda @ Jul 2 2016, 02:35 PM)
last i checked....recently you can buy and download this game from the e-shop.....

i ordered mine in may from US with a friend who was coming back..... because i tried finding in eshop but not available.... then after i already ordered ... about a week after that..saw that it is suddenly available in eshop ... doh.gif
oohh.. do you know how tho? I've seen ppl posting on how to buy games from e-shop but with the changing region settings and all its quite confusing.. also considering there are those cash cards they sell at game shops if i'm not mistaken? do i have to use that?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:05 AM