Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Nippon SOlar Reflect, Anyone use it? izzit effective?

views

TSpergilahsayang
post Jul 7 2011, 02:55 PM, updated 13y ago

Casual
357 posts

Hello,

My room is darn hot nowadays due to the fact that the ROOF is too thin. It has been like this since ages but i dunno why but my room have become hotter nowadays and i cant stand it. Even my PC gets hotter when it is placed in my room (normal graphic temp 50C goes up to 60C, HDD from 40C to 48C!).

I am finding a solution to make the roof cooler. I dont have money for Roof Insulation so i come out with an idea of painting the roof white. Im thinking of Nippon Solar Reflect which claimed to reduce temp as much as 5C. Any1 have used it? izzit really effective?

p/s:Any other ideas on how to make my room cooler is welcomed. Thank you
JinXXX
post Jul 7 2011, 08:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,513 posts

1. install aircond..
2. install ceiling ventilator
3. install roof turbine ventilator...
4. install thermal insulator...
5. repaint roofing...

take a pick smile.gif, it has been discuss before except roofing repaint .. smile.gif
weikee
post Jul 7 2011, 08:34 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(pergilahsayang @ Jul 7 2011, 02:55 PM)
Hello,

My room is darn hot nowadays due to the fact that the ROOF is too thin. It has been like this since ages but i dunno why but my room have become hotter nowadays and i cant stand it. Even my PC gets hotter when it is placed in my room (normal graphic temp 50C goes up to 60C, HDD from 40C to 48C!).

I am finding a solution to make the roof cooler. I dont have money for Roof Insulation so i come out with an idea of painting the roof white. Im thinking of Nippon Solar Reflect which claimed to reduce temp as much as 5C. Any1 have used it? izzit really effective?

p/s:Any other ideas on how to make my room cooler is welcomed. Thank you
Think the Nippon Solar Reflect is for wall, possible by painting using this roof paint that reflex or reduce heat ray, . But you got to paint on the roof that faced the sun light. Not the inside. And to paint that you need to clean the roof using high pressure water jet.

Ah, and use good primer too.

This post has been edited by weikee: Jul 7 2011, 08:40 PM
TSpergilahsayang
post Jul 7 2011, 09:18 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(JinXXX @ Jul 7 2011, 08:29 PM)
1. install aircond..
2. install ceiling ventilator
3. install roof turbine ventilator...
4. install thermal insulator...
5. repaint roofing...

take a pick smile.gif, it has been discuss before except roofing repaint .. smile.gif
SOrry if this seem duplicating any existing thread. But as mentioned, dint have much money / accessibility to do other more effective method such as doing turbine ventilator, insulator or aircond. And cant find any thread discussing this new product offering of Nippon. Wondering repainting using a 'solar reflecting' paint alone will bring any difference hmm.gif

QUOTE(weikee @ Jul 7 2011, 08:34 PM)
Think the Nippon Solar Reflect is for wall, possible by painting using this roof paint that reflex or reduce heat ray, . But you got to paint on the roof that faced the sun light. Not the inside. And to paint that you need to clean the roof using high pressure water jet.

Ah, and use good primer too.
Thank you very much for your info hahaha. Thanks to you, now i know the correct paint to used. Its suppose to be "SolarROof' not Solar Reflect lolx.

weikee
post Jul 7 2011, 09:35 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Yup, but you still need to wash it. And want to DIY, not easy unless you know how to access the roof.
JinXXX
post Jul 8 2011, 12:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,513 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Jul 7 2011, 09:35 PM)
Yup, but you still need to wash it. And want to DIY, not easy unless you know how to access the roof.
safety first.. dont accidentally fall off the roof when ur DIY cleaning and or painting..

and painting to "Trap" urself into a corner smile.gif
weikee
post Jul 8 2011, 09:49 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

A good primer is a must.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0115sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:51 AM