Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Urgent, help pls] Renovation, Kitchen Cabinet and Flooring

views

TSdreamadream
post Jul 2 2011, 01:30 PM, updated 13y ago

Getting Started
186 posts

Hi sifus,

Appreciate it if sifus here can advise whether it is possible to do the following (wanna save renovation cost)

1) Change only the Table TOP (solid surface) of Kitchen Cabinet without having to change to entirely new kitchen cabinet? this is because the top has got a lot of scratches

2) change the flooring (tiles) to tiles without having to tear down built-in wardrobes and kitchen cabinets?

many many thanks!
MissCollagen
post Jul 2 2011, 01:34 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

Can.. But wats ur budget? Sometimes u wan save cost but the labour cost could be more exp thn a new 1.. Coz it takes more time and carefull to tear out the part 1 by 1
AzimAdhwa
post Jul 2 2011, 02:01 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

Hye there..
Of course can..
Normally owners want to do like that..
But this works must be detail carefull because its detached at existing structure..
TSdreamadream
post Jul 2 2011, 06:02 PM

Getting Started
186 posts

QUOTE(AzimAdhwa @ Jul 2 2011, 02:01 PM)
Hye there..
Of course can..
Normally owners want to do like that..
But this works must be detail carefull because its detached at existing structure..
hi, many many thanks notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
i was looking at this condo (abt 1300sf), the built-ins look fine but the floor were not well taken care off, but hv limited budget of about RM20K, surely not enuf to revamp the whole condo, therefore thot of only replacing the flooring and table top. is RM20K sufficient?

Added on July 2, 2011, 6:04 pm
QUOTE(MissCollagen @ Jul 2 2011, 01:34 PM)
Can.. But wats ur budget? Sometimes u wan save cost but the labour cost could be more exp thn a new 1.. Coz it takes more time and carefull to tear out the part 1 by 1
many thanks for the input, will the cost be very different? budget abt RM20K. wardrobes in 3 rooms, 2 bath rooms. tiles in rooms living kitchen, bathroom, yard all need to replace sad.gif

This post has been edited by dreamadream: Jul 2 2011, 06:04 PM
kelvyn
post Jul 2 2011, 06:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,172 posts

Why don't you get quotations first then only decide.

Sometimes it may cost you more in the long run as after completing the solid top, you may find that the kitchen cabinet is starting to break here and there.
If the current cabinet is having solid top, they can be polish which is much cheaper then replacing.

For the floor, have you consider giving the floor a good clean using those industrial floor wash?

Sometimes, it could end up "Penny wise pound foolish"

This post has been edited by kelvyn: Jul 2 2011, 06:25 PM
TSdreamadream
post Jul 3 2011, 01:54 AM

Getting Started
186 posts

QUOTE(kelvyn @ Jul 2 2011, 06:25 PM)
Why don't you get quotations first then only decide.

Sometimes it may cost you more in the long run as after completing the solid top, you may find that the kitchen cabinet is starting to break here and there.
If the current cabinet is having solid top, they can be polish which is much cheaper then replacing.

For the floor, have you consider giving the floor a good clean using those industrial floor wash?

Sometimes, it could end up "Penny wise pound foolish"
notworthy.gif thanks for the info. I've never heard of industrial floor wash, where can i get the service? normally how much does it cost if to clean up the whole condo, abt 1300 sf? many thanks! notworthy.gif
AzimAdhwa
post Jul 3 2011, 02:43 AM

Getting Started
84 posts

Agree with kelvyn..get quotations first then only decide..for general quotation u can list down what do u want to do and maybe attach with the floor plan..and u can get price expectations before u know the actual price after site visit..must be see the actual site to get details quotation..
kelvyn
post Jul 3 2011, 01:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,172 posts

QUOTE(dreamadream @ Jul 3 2011, 02:54 AM)
notworthy.gif thanks for the info. I've never heard of industrial floor wash, where can i get the service? normally how much does it cost if to clean up the whole condo, abt 1300 sf? many thanks! notworthy.gif
Check in yellow pages/ internet for those professional cleaners. They will be able to give you a quote after visiting your place.
Do not go for those that supply indon workers to clean your office biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:11 PM