Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Headphones Headphone Amplifier and DAC Recommendation, portables, desktops, amps, dac, lai

views

hpares
post Feb 19 2015, 11:59 AM

On my way
529 posts

Hi, currently i am connecting my speaker to my monitor using DP's audio. Should i get a external DAC for better sound quality? Budget around 100 to 200. Lowyat shop got sell them? My mobo dont have any sound card slot so sound card is out of option.
hpares
post Feb 24 2015, 05:38 PM

On my way
529 posts

QUOTE(Problem @ Feb 21 2015, 02:20 PM)
Best to upgrade your speakers first in order to benefit the most from the changes in improvements that you're seeking.

Only then once you're satisfied, an external DAC and/or amp should suffice.
My current speaker is altec mx5021, should be not that bad. I am connecting it to my monitor audio out port, sound source from gpu. So I just wonder an external DAC would make the sound more better.
hpares
post Feb 28 2015, 07:33 PM

On my way
529 posts

QUOTE(E1 - AKG @ Feb 24 2015, 07:37 PM)
The FiiO E10K will be a better option as you can plug in your headphones if any ... at the same time  brows.gif

user posted image
Is there any DAC with both line in and line out? Because I was hoping to attach it in between my monitor and my speaker since now i am using line out from monitor to my speaker. So when ever i switch between each HDMI and DPs, the speaker can work both for my pc and my ps3 or ps4 in future.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0289sec    0.60    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:08 PM