Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What photography book/magazine do you read?, And why?

views

TSCocoMonGo
post Jun 27 2011, 03:52 PM, updated 13y ago

Ooo Finally
551 posts

Just curious what you guy/girls do in terms of reading materials. Personally I am the 5th option, books and the occasional mag reader. My most intensive reading was when I needed to teach myself how to hand process and print black and white film in the darkroom. Basically I am more likely to reach out for "Advance Zone System" books then a "Fool proof Exposure Technique" in magazines.
TSCocoMonGo
post Jun 28 2011, 07:11 AM

Ooo Finally
551 posts

One of my first books I have was "The Photographer's Guide to Filters" by Lee Frost. It is a very good book if you want to learn about filters. I really like his photos BTW.

The next book I completed was some book at MPH on zone system for exposure and darkroom printing. THat was one good read and the most rewarding one for me. I still somewhat use the zone system until today hence my camera is always at spot metering. Just dont read Adam Ansel's original books. I find them super dry and hard to understand.

Hardly read any magazines... I will be lucky if i even buy 3 copies in a year.
TSCocoMonGo
post Jun 30 2011, 11:43 PM

Ooo Finally
551 posts

actually if you are talking about online contents rite... I used to read this guy Mike Johnston's weekly columns at luminous-landscape.com page. too bad he stopped writing already. his articles were light, easy to read and made the most impact to my photography. the articles are old by now, but some are still very useable

Sunday Morning Photographer

one of his article "SLRs — Part Two: Finding The View" are some examples of gear articles that actually is practical

SLRs — Part Two: Finding The View

check out his other articles, they are good.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0377sec    0.24    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:00 AM