Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
125 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ACCA V7, Global Body for Professional Accountants

views

sassygal
post Jun 30 2011, 11:25 AM

2 posts

May I know which lecturer is good for P6 please?
muppet
post Jun 30 2011, 02:09 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(sassygal @ Jun 30 2011, 11:25 AM)
May I know which lecturer is good for P6 please?
P6 low chin ann from bandar kolej is good. my brother attend the class before. very clear explanation and practise a lot of past yr question. thumbup.gif
TSnotmycupoftea
post Jun 30 2011, 03:53 PM

Casual
444 posts

a question from my friend.
she has P2 and P3 compulsory papers to be cleared, but she intends to do P2 next sitting and taking P3, P4 this sitting. does ACCA allow us to take option papers b4 we clear essential papers ?
theCrab
post Jun 30 2011, 04:31 PM

Regular
1,093 posts

Hi all i wanna sign up for FIA exam self study
with some account basics
is that possible for me to take 7 paper in 1 shot for coming december exam?
Xeniouz
post Jun 30 2011, 04:33 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(notmycupoftea @ Jun 30 2011, 03:53 PM)
a question from my friend.
she has P2 and P3 compulsory papers to be cleared, but she intends to do P2 next sitting and taking P3, P4 this sitting. does ACCA allow us to take option papers b4 we clear essential papers ?
I think cannot. Alternatively, he can register for P2, P3 & P4 but skip the P2 exam. I might be wrong though. Anyone can clarify this?
hurly
post Jun 30 2011, 05:40 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(Xeniouz @ Jun 30 2011, 04:33 PM)
I think cannot. Alternatively, he can register for P2, P3 & P4 but skip the P2 exam. I might be wrong though. Anyone can clarify this?
I think he's right. I asked a few of my friends, they say cannot. You can skip exam though. I still don't understand why they would make P1,P2 and P3 exams on consecutive days in the new timetable.
Jessicacwp
post Jun 30 2011, 06:31 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

Hi, i have a question regarding OBU degree. Is this degree Compulsory for new acca student?

I have doubt on this, as recently i went to an education fair and got this information from the exhibition staff. As i thought, last time this OBU degree is an optional for the students who completed their fundamental level and opt in to it.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

student2
post Jun 30 2011, 07:13 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(Jessicacwp @ Jun 30 2011, 06:31 PM)
Hi, i have a question regarding OBU degree. Is this degree Compulsory for new acca student?

I have doubt on this, as recently i went to an education fair and got this information from the exhibition staff. As i thought, last time this OBU degree is an optional for the students who completed their fundamental level and opt in to it.

Thanks in advance for all replies.
It is not compulsory for ACCA students. Its an option. You would need to decide before taking papers F7, F8, and F9. Once you taken any of the listed subjects it becomes a permanent choice.

TSnotmycupoftea
post Jun 30 2011, 08:35 PM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(Xeniouz @ Jun 30 2011, 04:33 PM)
QUOTE(hurly @ Jun 30 2011, 05:40 PM)
I think he's right. I asked a few of my friends, they say cannot. You can skip exam though. I still don't understand why they would make P1,P2 and P3 exams on consecutive days in the new timetable.
ow so sad, so far all the answers i collected are the same- cannot.
coz haneef is leaving soon, my friend has no confidence to try Navzar Tara. she wanted to get feedback 1st then only do p2 next year.
MindyF
post Jun 30 2011, 10:21 PM

4 posts

would like to check, it's we need to clear all F1 - F9 paper before go to Professional (P1 - P3 and 2 other option)?
joanne871207
post Jun 30 2011, 10:30 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Guys n gals, need some advice...

for P2 Corporate Reporting, which lecturer to choose... I'm headache of this for few days.... help me please...

Yap Kok Wah (Collegue Bandar)
Joe Fang (KSA)
Spencer Cheah (FTMS)

muppet
post Jun 30 2011, 10:37 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(joanne871207 @ Jun 30 2011, 10:30 PM)
Guys n gals, need some advice...

for P2 Corporate Reporting, which lecturer to choose... I'm headache of this for few days.... help me please...
Yap Kok Wah (Collegue Bandar)
Joe Fang (KSA)
Spencer Cheah (FTMS)
spencer cheah is the best choice. notes are vy organised and easy to understnad. class not boring, he very friendly. i study f7 under him before. thumbup.gif

yap i try before 1 sem. he never teach theory wan. always cannot balance calculation in class also. mad.gif

joe fang i dont know, my friend said ok also.
anderson2009
post Jun 30 2011, 10:40 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(Miss Lam @ Jun 29 2011, 08:50 AM)
Is the Business Research Module (BRM) compulsory?
Hello everyone  -

Just a little update on a development on a college in the Klang Valley (let’s use the term SC to refer to it).

SC has made the BRM module COMPULSORY for its current batch of F7,8,9 student, at a price of RM1,200.

What does it mean to have the module COMPULSORY? Will students be BARRED from taking the ACCA exams if they do not take the module with SC?

Some of my findings:

1. It is the RIGHT of students to take their exams regardless of the demands of the tuition provider
2. The official ACCA website provides a list of the ACCA papers that can be taken for the exams: BRM is NOT ON THE LIST. It is an OPTIONAL service that a tuition provider can offer
3. If you need some more clarification, call ACCA Malaysia at 03-2713 5051. Ask them:
- Is the BRM COMPULSORY? Or JUST ENCOURAGED to develop ‘critical thinking skills’?
- What is the repercussion of not taking the module as far as your course completion is concerned? (NONE!)- Take down the name of the person and if they say that the BRM is compulsory, complain to ACCA UK: info@accaglobal.com

I think  SC creating fear in students to JUST MAKE MONEY?   mad.gif

It also bundled the OBU mentoring together with the BRM.

Personally I think it is their right to do business, but not in a way that cows students in submission with HALF TRUTHS...[cool.gif

OBU has stated that students HAVE A RIGHT TO BE MENTORED BY ANYONE OF THEIR CHOICE! [cool.gif

In light of these developments, critically think of what SC is saying to students! Your call!
Hello Miss Lam! It's so funny this is coming from you. HAHAHA!

joanne871207
post Jun 30 2011, 10:55 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(muppet @ Jun 30 2011, 10:37 PM)
spencer cheah is  the best choice. notes are vy organised and easy to understnad. class not boring, he very friendly. i study f7 under him before.  thumbup.gif

yap i try before 1 sem. he never teach theory wan. always cannot balance calculation in class also.  mad.gif

haha~ icic, thanks for ur comments.. I was also thinking to take Spencer Cheah's class too, coz of weekend class.. which i think is better.. but i heard from my fren, FTMS got alot foreigner?
student2
post Jun 30 2011, 11:01 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(MindyF @ Jun 30 2011, 10:21 PM)
would like to check, it's we need to clear all F1 - F9 paper before go to Professional (P1 - P3 and 2 other option)?
That is the general rule. But you can attempt papers from different modules simultaneously provided you attempt your backlog subjects from outstanding modules.
muppet
post Jun 30 2011, 11:03 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(joanne871207 @ Jun 30 2011, 10:55 PM)
haha~ icic, thanks for ur comments.. I was also thinking to take Spencer Cheah's class too, coz of weekend class.. which i think is better.. but i heard from my fren, FTMS got alot foreigner?
FTMS got many foreigner but still ok. the security man call uncle naga very effective. enforce all student must wear student card. so far i feel no problem. just sometimes the service bad. pay money also need to wait. i jsut go because lecturer onli.
tzxsean
post Jun 30 2011, 11:12 PM

Lonely Driver
5,200 posts

QUOTE(muppet @ Jun 30 2011, 10:37 PM)
spencer cheah is  the best choice. notes are vy organised and easy to understnad. class not boring, he very friendly. i study f7 under him before.  thumbup.gif

yap i try before 1 sem. he never teach theory wan. always cannot balance calculation in class also.  mad.gif

QUOTE(joanne871207 @ Jun 30 2011, 10:55 PM)
about friendly part...it depends
sometimes I ask question the way he answered really not friendly
MindyF
post Jun 30 2011, 11:14 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(student2 @ Jun 30 2011, 11:01 PM)
That is the general rule. But you can attempt papers from different modules simultaneously provided you attempt your backlog subjects from outstanding modules.
ok, thanks. Then i will take F6 & F7 this sitting, and F5 and any one from P1-P3 next sitting. tongue.gif
muppet
post Jun 30 2011, 11:23 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(tzxsean @ Jun 30 2011, 11:12 PM)
about friendly part...it depends
sometimes I ask question the way he answered really not friendly
must have tactic one. must be specific qs then he ok. If you lady you must smile at him then ok. cool2.gif j/k!
tzxsean
post Jun 30 2011, 11:40 PM

Lonely Driver
5,200 posts

QUOTE(muppet @ Jun 30 2011, 11:23 PM)
must have tactic one. must be specific qs then he ok. If you lady you must smile at him then ok.  cool2.gif j/k!
lol..im a guy
im very specific leh

i ask him...he will say : no la u wrong / canot do like tat

sometimes will nvr get answer u wan

then u have to give up

my other gal fren oso kena b4 la

125 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0273sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:16 AM