5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Health Beware of Unethical Breeders, Please Read

views

CyaNide27
post Jun 26 2011, 02:09 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(KiyoshiJoz @ Jun 26 2011, 01:57 AM)
yeah and that is why we bought from irene kang..

and tbh her puppies aren't cheap.. im not gonna divulge how much but they're at premium price range due to their sire/dams being champs

Reanne could you notify the other 2 mods if they could consider sticky-ing this thread?

i've already Pm-ed them..
But i'm made to know that they are rarely around

thanks
According to the website, Irene's yorkshires themselves are not champions, their sire is, thus the pups she sell have champion lineage only.... But it is not the same as champion parents.... She is just exploiting the fact that along the pedigree line there was a champion.... I shall not comment on this matter further though i'm itching to.... wink.gif
ZenoxV23
post Jun 26 2011, 02:10 AM

16 posts

errr next time do not pay and get your dog sent to you.. go to a place where u can see and check hands on before you buy the pup...

iam a breeder aswell and i just opened a kennel... i took alot of time to go out and research on the breeds.. also took time to find the good bloodlines... when time is right i will also be organizing seminar and training's for people who planning to get a dog for the 1st time...

and also bro cyanide, correct me if iam wrong, the oversize your meaning is commonly used for rottweilers. the common rottweiler you see is the german rottweiler, and if you think that is how the original rott looks like then your wrong. oversized rott is the most pure gen of rott and also has a different facial structure and at time they come with medium or long coat. originated from yugoslavia... reason how i know it is becoz i have 1 female with me. and also teacup sized dogs, i kinda did some research on it and i didnt get ur part where u say u breed and under nutrient dog with a under nutrient dog and u get small sized puppy... i think u need do some extra research... the teacup sized is a genetic defect that can also be called as dwarf... u mate a dwarf and a dwarf and u get small sized pups....

No hard feelings.... and also sorry for your loss

dimpleeee
post Jun 26 2011, 02:18 AM

Getting Started
289 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Good one Josh! +1 for mods to pin this up! cry.gif
TSKiyoshiJoz
post Jun 26 2011, 02:20 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

yeah no worries zenox.. i know not all breeders are bad.. (=
hopefully i dont offend the good ones

but this is specifically aimed at those who arent ethical..

and its not that we do not want to check the pups... we just couldnt..
and the klang valley as you know it are short of good breeders..
(unless there are good ones im unaware of)

this is because breeders in KL/Klang valley are too business minded etc etc..
(not saying all are.. but most)

@cyanide..
yeah we know she is only of champ lineage (=
she is too young to be a champ anyway (=
but she is our champ wink.gif

and i agree with you.. they do use the champ-lineage to exploit for higher price
CyaNide27
post Jun 26 2011, 02:24 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

Teacups were originally weak pups from a litter where irresponsible puppymillers create this attractive name to dupe gullible buyers. Subsequently, these people see a market for it thus they take the smallest (ie weak) dog and b**ch to mate in hopes of producing even smaller puppies...
http://www.barkrescue.net/teacup.htm
P/s: i didnt say breed under nutrient dogs with under nutrient dogs, but there are some money minded people who deliberately starve puppies to keep them in a small size.... Some even teach new owners to count the number of kibbles to feed to keep them small doh.gif
ZenoxV23
post Jun 26 2011, 02:25 AM

16 posts

no worries bro... feel free to come for the doggy carnival at setia eco park... u can meet some good breeders there...

actualy malaysia has to come out with a ruling like some European countries. to buy a dog, the future owner needs to go for classes and then sit for an exam... with the right documentation you choose the pup... and also all breeders and kennels would be tied under an organization where all their breeding would be monitored. in this way home breeders could be stopped and buyers could get their pups from a trust worthy breeder...
TSKiyoshiJoz
post Jun 26 2011, 02:33 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(CyaNide27 @ Jun 26 2011, 02:24 AM)
Teacups were originally weak pups from a litter where irresponsible puppymillers create this attractive name to dupe gullible buyers. Subsequently, these people see a market for it thus they take the smallest (ie weak) dog and b**ch to mate in hopes of producing even smaller puppies...
P/s: i didnt say breed under nutrient dogs with under nutrient dogs, but there are some money minded people who deliberately starve puppies to keep them in a small size.... Some even teach new owners to count the number of kibbles to feed to keep them small doh.gif
i have heard of news where kittens were pressed into jars.. called bonsai kittens

Bonsai Kittens

despicable )=

zenox.. where is your breed area? for future ref when my gf and I finally find enough place in our hearts for another little one
and what breeds do you breed?

CyaNide27
post Jun 26 2011, 02:33 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(ZenoxV23 @ Jun 26 2011, 02:25 AM)
actualy malaysia has to come out with a ruling like some European countries. to buy a dog, the future owner needs to go for classes and then sit for an exam... with the right documentation you choose the pup... and also all breeders and kennels would be tied under an organization where all their breeding would be monitored. in this way home breeders could be stopped and buyers could get their pups from a trust worthy breeder...
Agreed. I once mention in another forum that MKA should be given power to retract certs and breeding licence if found that breeder is irresponsible, and also to perform unannounced spot checks to make sure they are truly ethical.... That way, people can be assured that a dog with mka cert is from responsible breeder whereas now mka means nothing more that a birthcert to prove the dog is pure breed and for competition purpose.... But it seems that it is impossible for MKA to do that.... sad.gif and in western countries, breeders can opt for restricted ownership for pet quality puppy where the puppy buyer is not allowed to breed the dog....
ZenoxV23
post Jun 26 2011, 02:35 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(CyaNide27 @ Jun 26 2011, 02:24 AM)
its actually easier to say pre mature puppy... when a dog delivers, the 1st puppy is always the biggest and the last is always the smallest... and on common cases when the pup grows up they would be smaller sized aswell... but if u say count kibbles and all sounds more like they do not feed the dog enuff... if you do not feed the dog enuff the dog might only just be thin but not small...

and to other people who are planning to buy teacup pups, ur just wasting your money coz, your dog will die ealier then and average sized dog, and would have health complications.
TSKiyoshiJoz
post Jun 26 2011, 02:38 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

they should also regulate show dogs..

dogs with illnesses should not win..
they should be cared for and loved.. but definitely not set an example where a dog can only win if it conforms to the traits stated on a white piece of paper..

just watch that BBC documentary and you will understand..
the Ridgeback was a deformity in Ridgeback dogs..

but show breeders and organisers state that if there is no ridge... it is not a ridgeback..

they even state to "CULL" ridgeback puppies w.o ridges..

thats killing healthy puppies and preserving the sick...
** that statement has since been retracted though...

we really are breeding our pedigree dogs to extinction
ZenoxV23
post Jun 26 2011, 02:38 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(KiyoshiJoz @ Jun 26 2011, 02:33 AM)
i have heard of news where kittens were pressed into jars.. called bonsai kittens

Bonsai Kittens

despicable )=

zenox.. where is your breed area? for future ref when my gf and I finally find enough place in our hearts for another little one
and what breeds do you breed?
i am more of a large sized dogs breeder... i focus on GSD, rott and dobe... but my place is not really a kennel la, i call it maple ranch... i give home to dogs who people do not care for anymore, people who gives their dog away coz moving into condo's, i have fish, ducks, chickens, goats, lizards, tarantulas.. soon to come horse and cows... finding for piglets but cant seem to find... ahahaha
CyaNide27
post Jun 26 2011, 02:40 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(ZenoxV23 @ Jun 26 2011, 02:35 AM)
its actually easier to say pre mature puppy... when a dog delivers, the 1st puppy is always the biggest and the last is always the smallest... and on common cases when the pup grows up they would be smaller sized aswell... but if u say count kibbles and all sounds more like they do not feed the dog enuff... if you do not feed the dog enuff the dog might only just be thin but not small...

and to other people who are planning to buy teacup pups, ur just wasting your money coz, your dog will die ealier then and average sized dog, and would have health complications.
Coz puppies need proper nutrients to grow during puppy stage, so these irresponsible breeders think they can cheat genetics (and the dog owner) by not providing enough nutrients to stunt the puppy's growth thus they "appear" to be small size.... There actually are people who believe and subscribe to this method just to keep their dog small sized.... doh.gif

QUOTE(ZenoxV23 @ Jun 26 2011, 02:38 AM)
i am more of a large sized dogs breeder... i focus on GSD, rott and dobe... but my place is not really a kennel la, i call it maple ranch... i give home to dogs who people do not care for anymore, people who gives their dog away coz moving into condo's, i have fish, ducks, chickens, goats, lizards, tarantulas.. soon to come horse and cows... finding for piglets but cant seem to find... ahahaha
I would love to visit your ranch.... Especially to see your dogs and horses.... Ok, back to topic before it drag further....

This post has been edited by CyaNide27: Jun 26 2011, 02:42 AM
TSKiyoshiJoz
post Jun 26 2011, 02:43 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(ZenoxV23 @ Jun 26 2011, 02:38 AM)
sounds like a farm wink.gif

Ah cyanide... when i see the posts/threads in the Pet Selling are of LYN..
i wanna go in and comment.. sigh but ppl will scold if disrupting their business =s

LYN mods should go around looking for some guide on buying dogs.. what people need to know etc...

there are plenty of them in overseas forum..

it will also help ppl note that getting a pet no matter how big/small/ or a reptile..
they need to have responsibility..

they cant just get bored of it and throw them to the side as if they are toys sad.gif
Reanne
post Jun 26 2011, 02:46 AM

Elite is only a tag. So don't PM me to delete ur post.
Group Icon
Elite
2,903 posts

Horses?? Did I hear horses??? I'm so going! But when I come back from Japan T.T

But don't forget that just cuz they're champline doesn't mean they will definitely have no problems. My corgi was from a supposedly very good champline but she's got some patella problems.

This post has been edited by Reanne: Jun 26 2011, 02:48 AM
CyaNide27
post Jun 26 2011, 02:48 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

Yes, some even curse or scold you for disrupting their sales coz that is the only thing they concern about.... Many people in the forum are not really observant on forum rules or pinned threads imo.... Take an example adoption thread is pinned there but people still open new threads on adoption.... Rule says no stud service topics but people still seek/advertise for stud service....

Added on June 26, 2011, 2:51 amOne forumer Divas once highlighted about the rampant amount of puppymill sellers and backyard breeders in pet store section but the thread has now gone many pages away....

This post has been edited by CyaNide27: Jun 26 2011, 02:51 AM
ZenoxV23
post Jun 26 2011, 02:56 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(Reanne @ Jun 26 2011, 02:46 AM)
Horses?? Did I hear horses??? I'm so going! But when I come back from Japan T.T

But don't forget that just cuz they're champline doesn't mean they will definitely have no problems. My corgi was from a supposedly very good champline but she's got some patella problems.
soon to come lo.... no horses yet... for me malaysian champ does not mean anything... my GSD comes from champ line from sieger show in germany... hehehe his 4th generation fathers side is currently ranked number 2/3 world wide if not mistaken... the mother side has 2 famous bloodline which ranked number 4 and 7 worldwide.... sad part was he was not able to join the show in malaysia coz his tail broken becoz his mother stepped it vmad.gif mad.gif
Reanne
post Jun 26 2011, 03:00 AM

Group Icon
Elite
2,903 posts

Sad to hear that, I love GSDs but will probably get from working line rather than show.
ZenoxV23
post Jun 26 2011, 03:04 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(Reanne @ Jun 26 2011, 03:00 AM)
Sad to hear that, I love GSDs but will probably get from working line rather than show.
i just got myself a sable workline GSD... 2 months old... the earlier batch was trained and sent to najib s house as his guard dogs... so waiting this pup to be my guard ahaha... and as iam typing she is sleeping on my lap...
TSKiyoshiJoz
post Jun 26 2011, 03:07 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

workingline GSD is definitely better..

the show ones if you notice.. the hind legs are wayyy shorter..
it is a defect.. this was covered by the BBC documentary too (=

they show old drawings of the dogs.. compared to today's showdogs..
such huge differences =s

Cyanide is right =s more and more of this back yard breeders..

personally if there was nothing wrong with my Tiffie.. I'd have gotten her to mate once only and sell the pups off...

but just once... not more... I can't bear to see my dogter <strike>being raped</strike> having too many bf =_=

This post has been edited by KiyoshiJoz: Jun 26 2011, 03:08 AM
Reanne
post Jun 26 2011, 03:11 AM

Group Icon
Elite
2,903 posts

The GSDs in the documentary stand pretty, but walk like frogs. Working line is the way to go. If want a dog that looks pretty but with bad health or genetic defects, better go buy a pretty stuffed dog. Cheaper also.

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.11    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:37 PM