Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mechanical Keyboard Club V3, For Gamers and Typist Enthusiasts

views

lucidlts
post Sep 29 2011, 06:20 PM

brain powder
2,904 posts

QUOTE(Cyclonechuah @ Sep 29 2011, 06:11 PM)
here are some of the picture taken from geekhack, picture belongs to geekhack user "weipim".
Source : http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?20348-J...-from-cherry%29

[attachmentid=2459527]
[attachmentid=2459529]
[attachmentid=2459530]
[attachmentid=2459532]
[attachmentid=2459533]
[attachmentid=2459534]
[attachmentid=2459535]
[attachmentid=2459537]
[attachmentid=2459538]
oh, the inner part looks like that? lol
havent unscrew it because i dont have a screw driver with me sad.gif
bai1101
post Sep 29 2011, 08:05 PM

I am Pervert
1,605 posts

that a lot of diode O.o
kaiserreich
post Sep 29 2011, 09:20 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,167 posts

QUOTE(lucidlts @ Sep 29 2011, 05:49 PM)
noppoo self-manufactured capacitive switch
Unfortunately, it is not capacitive.
It is more like how your remote control key actuation. I think once or twice you have opened up a remote control before.
lucidlts
post Sep 29 2011, 09:27 PM

brain powder
2,904 posts

QUOTE(kaiserreich @ Sep 29 2011, 09:20 PM)
Unfortunately, it is not capacitive.
It is more like how your remote control key actuation. I think once or twice you have opened up a remote control before.
looks like the 1 on my old mobile phone - -
bai1101
post Sep 29 2011, 09:46 PM

I am Pervert
1,605 posts

i know what you mean remote look a like but remote is more to dome. this one have more mechanical part compare to them. And i am sure my remote no used so many diod
kaiserreich
post Sep 29 2011, 09:52 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,167 posts

@lucidlts,
Can you try to test, whether it takes the key to travel all the way down to actuate, or whether it can actuate halfway through.
That should prove whether it is capacitive or not

@bai,
Those diodes are used to achieve NKRO.
Even for rubber domes, if you have the means to put diodes for each switch, you can achieve NKRO

http://www.dribin.org/dave/keyboard/one_html/
This site has a very nice guide on how keyboards work.
lucidlts
post Sep 29 2011, 10:06 PM

brain powder
2,904 posts

QUOTE(kaiserreich @ Sep 29 2011, 09:52 PM)
@lucidlts,
Can you try to test, whether it takes the key to travel all the way down to actuate, or whether it can actuate halfway through.
That should prove whether it is capacitive or not

@bai,
Those diodes are used to achieve NKRO.
Even for rubber domes, if you have the means to put diodes for each switch, you can achieve NKRO

http://www.dribin.org/dave/keyboard/one_html/
This site has a very nice guide on how keyboards work.
hmm, not capacitive then. i need to bottom down the keys to actuate. :S
rurushu
post Sep 30 2011, 01:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,021 posts

QUOTE(kEazYc @ Sep 29 2011, 02:02 PM)
Filco Blue AI available at Viewnet when i was "snaking" around there during my work hour 2 days ago :S

The box are all same so you have to locate the model number which is FKBNxxxx-AI
At Viewnet? Hmm... but the starting price there is Rm479.... pain in the ass...., C-Zone starting price is Rm429 for fullsize, if negotiate successful, can even get Rm400 like one member here.... doh.gif doh.gif
QUOTE(Cyclonechuah @ Sep 29 2011, 03:35 PM)
Well.. seriously, i'm planning to get 1 when i have enough money. make custom keycaps for malaysian. =)

Mostly would be stainless steel, aluminium, or titanium thou. Maybe Wood also, who knows, right?

For other kinds of keycaps like PBT, POM, ABS, i guess that would be giving to KBC Group in china, they have better knowledge on making these, especially about PBT and POM Material Keyboard, Because these PBT and POM Keycaps, are pain in the ass in manufacturing. because when it cooling down, the keycap will shrink and deform.
Wa.... mod cyclone, you serious ar??? You changed job already? Now selling leopolds and real force.... and getting into keycaps soon? laugh.gif laugh.gif
But if you're really gonna make metal keycaps, then i would be very very happy coz no need wait so long from taobao seller thumbup.gif
ZainRain
post Sep 30 2011, 02:07 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

I wanna ask sifu2 here.. did u guys use arm rest with the keyboard?
lucidlts
post Sep 30 2011, 02:13 AM

brain powder
2,904 posts

QUOTE(ZainRain @ Sep 30 2011, 02:07 AM)
I wanna ask sifu2 here.. did u guys use arm rest with the keyboard?
not a sifu but i dont use palm rest due to limited desk space sad.gif
rurushu
post Sep 30 2011, 02:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,021 posts

@cyclone: if you can CNC something like these in the future( if you really bought an CNC mill and are making metal parts that is), i will be drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TSCyclonechuah
post Sep 30 2011, 03:03 AM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,725 posts

QUOTE(rurushu @ Sep 30 2011, 02:34 AM)
@cyclone: if you can CNC something like these in the future( if you really bought an CNC mill and are making metal parts that is), i will be  drool.gif  drool.gif  drool.gif  drool.gif
well, yeah. was planning something like this similar.
lucidlts
post Sep 30 2011, 03:05 AM

brain powder
2,904 posts

QUOTE(rurushu @ Sep 30 2011, 02:34 AM)
@cyclone: if you can CNC something like these in the future( if you really bought an CNC mill and are making metal parts that is), i will be  drool.gif  drool.gif  drool.gif  drool.gif
can i shout? lol
WOW
Sky.Live
post Sep 30 2011, 08:53 AM

Proctected Species
4,310 posts

lol.. a mold for plastic injection keycaps would cost like hmm.. 6 figures at least.. since there's many different shape for it. I thought of it before too actually haha

Well for CNC it's cheaper than keycaps as when you buy a mold you need to mass prod it else you cant get your return on investment. CNC milling is rather slow actually, maybe u can only get 1 part for an hour, and not mentioning the maintenance cost is rather scary too

For material wise, actually all the material price doesn't differ much as what on the net, PBT can sell so much more than ABS or other keycaps. The fact that their material specification and shrinkage properties makes them pain in the ass to control their after dimension.

P/S forgot cost about laser engraving, filling, pad printing etc.. unless u are only gonna ship blank caps, even colour keycaps (the coloured material have very long lead time and it is very difficult to get similar colour base on different production lot (from my experience even same production lot, the resin colour varies slightly). The spectrometer to confirm your part colour cost a Proton Wira FYI..

This post has been edited by Sky.Live: Sep 30 2011, 08:55 AM
bai1101
post Sep 30 2011, 09:48 AM

I am Pervert
1,605 posts

I still think milling machine is a bit over lol.

BTW for me i think metal key cap is not hard to make either with milling(expensive) or mold(need mass production) the problem will be leg which connect to cherry MX switch.
I don't think any milling machine can do that only mold able to do such design.

If can i more somebody can come out with design of metal keycap plus PBT/ABS leg which i think is more easy to produce. All we need is one more step to glue them together.

And if really any factory can mass produce blank kepcap like i mention above all we need is a small machine to draw or craft any logo we want on the keycap like what shopping center stall have done on their keychain. Can even craft our own name >< haha

What u guy think abt my idea?

This post has been edited by bai1101: Sep 30 2011, 09:48 AM
kEazYc
post Sep 30 2011, 10:24 AM

Regular
1,310 posts

QUOTE(rurushu @ Sep 30 2011, 01:57 AM)
At Viewnet? Hmm... but the starting price there is Rm479.... pain in the ass...., C-Zone starting price is Rm429 for fullsize, if negotiate successful, can even get Rm400 like one member here.... doh.gif  doh.gif 
I don't think AI can be that cheap, must be some mistake, and member here got it for RM400 for the AI? czone earns nothing man.
lucidlts
post Sep 30 2011, 12:56 PM

brain powder
2,904 posts

QUOTE(kEazYc @ Sep 30 2011, 10:24 AM)
I don't think AI can be that cheap, must be some mistake, and member here got it for RM400 for the AI? czone earns nothing man.
400 for AI is reasonable if it's 2nd hand. lol
Human10
post Sep 30 2011, 01:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,774 posts

QUOTE(rurushu @ Sep 30 2011, 03:34 AM)
LOL, what if the keycaps are metal one too? brows.gif
Owai, seems like the casing+keyboard will fetch over RM2.5k... shocking.gif
I can get a Realforce 87U with metal armrest with that... sweat.gif

This post has been edited by Human10: Oct 1 2011, 01:44 AM
kEazYc
post Sep 30 2011, 01:21 PM

Regular
1,310 posts

QUOTE(lucidlts @ Sep 30 2011, 12:56 PM)
400 for AI is reasonable if it's 2nd hand. lol
I'm thinking of selling my Majestouch AI 2 at this price when i got my Majestouch AI 1 back from taiwan, if the warranty goes through that's it.
Human10
post Sep 30 2011, 01:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,774 posts

QUOTE(bai1101 @ Sep 30 2011, 10:48 AM)
I still think milling machine is a bit over lol.

BTW for me i think metal key cap is not hard to make either with milling(expensive) or mold(need mass production) the problem will be leg which connect to cherry MX switch.
I don't think any milling machine can do that only mold able to do such design.

If can i more somebody can come out with design of metal keycap plus PBT/ABS leg which i think is more easy to produce. All we need is one more step to glue them together.

And if really any factory can mass produce blank kepcap like i mention above all we need is a small machine to draw or craft any logo we want on the keycap like what shopping center stall have done on their keychain. Can even craft our own name >< haha

What u guy think abt my idea?
Same idea as I had months ago. That way will also cut the cost of metal used, LOL.

But I suggest if we can use other way(instead of glue) to stick both material together, it will be more awesome. Glue will have some thickness and kinda hard to fit them properly.

I suggesting that to make everything simple, we get a almost square shaped metal plate of around 3-4mm thickness as the top of keycaps and drill a shallow hole(1-2mm depth) to fit in plastic stems onto it. Kinda like the design of mushroom...
It should be quite cheap and easier to made yet doesn't lose too much classiness, LOL.

QUOTE(kEazYc @ Sep 30 2011, 02:21 PM)
I'm thinking of selling my Majestouch AI 2 at this price when i got my Majestouch AI 1 back from taiwan, if the warranty goes through that's it.
LOL i suggest you start praying that they will gave you back a AI 1, not the new AI 2, LOLOL. brows.gif

If the main reason you prefer the AI 1 is due to the golden logo, then you should remove it and place on your AI 2(not sure if both using same mechanism).

Once saw in GH that some ppl mod painting his FILCO together with logo... sweat.gif Then poke out someone tell him that the logo is removable. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by Human10: Sep 30 2011, 01:36 PM

124 Pages « < 77 78 79 80 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0452sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th June 2021 - 05:42 PM