too many similar cases...
below 1 example from ZTH
Guys, this was taken from Perdana Club thread, few of my fren kena like this before as he posted in Malay, I translated to English…..this is the story below…so guys becareful when @ R&R, keep an eye on these few Indian guys…..
1. that morning, stop @ R&R seremban for breakfast
2. parking was full, so gotta park further whereby not many ppl passby there
3. ate breakfast for approx 20 mins
4. continue journey, bout 10 mins/10km, temperature increased
5. stopped @ emergency lane
6. less than 1 min, a car stopped, 2 indian guys inside to offer help
7. they check & told that the head gasket edi bocor
8. offered to tow the car to his frens workshop nearby, tow using his car with a rope
9. estimated they will charge according to market price or lower as they told me
10. when car done, the bill was *** expensive just for simple job done
11. if don’t pay, car cannot be collected, tried to nego but they wanna put up a fight
12. workmanship was like s**t
13. but no choice, had to pay them cos wanted to collect the car
14. went to meet some frens that own workshop around seremban area, they said the radiator hose was punctured while they were eating @ R&R SEremban
15. the same modus operandi was used several times in Seremban area
I've read that too from few other forums. This Indian guys also offer their special 'service' at R&R Nilai & Senawang area. Victims' story are all same as mentioned by DanzEterna. One of the Indian guys got amputated hand. When the victims asked at other workshop around, they all already knew about it and they said that the gangster's workshop is untouchable(even by the police). So if anything's happened in these mentioned R&Rs....just call PLUS or call your insurance company(some of them offer free towing service).SOS
this one below from my fren's email:
ECAREFUL WHEN TRAVELING ON HIGHWAY. PLEASE SHARE WITH OTHERS !!!
Dear all (especially for those who travels a lot with north-south highway),
This is a true event! It happened to my friend, Alvin.
Alvin came all the way from JB to Selayang, KL, on a business trip. At about 12:30am, 29/4/2011, his Toyota was over-heated, he then parked at the emergency lane (KM269.9) before Seremban exit, North-South Highway. Planning to let the engine cool down, add water to the water tank and slowly drive to KL, he took his rest for a while...
A while later, a tow truck arrived to offer a helping hand. The driver is an Indian wearing a Chinese workshop jacket, estimated the towing fees and rough costing to repair the over-heating engine for about less than RM200. Both agreed, the car was towed to a workshop in Mambau. Seremban.
Yup, it's GS Automobil Enterprise !!!
Operated by a bunch of Indian. (I don't mean that all Indians are like them, I have lots of good Indian friends too.) There, the workshop boss quoted Alvin for about RM300 plus. Then he asked his workers to start dismantling the engine to inspect the gasket. He then told Alvin to come back the next day to get the car. Without any choice, Alvin left the workshop to look for a hotel nearby...
The next day, Alvin went back there to see the progress... there he waited, waited waited... started to worry, at that moment, there was a mid-age Chinese guy with his family seemed waiting for there car too. They started to find out that things are not right and the later went to the police station nearby to make a police report and came back to claim the car. He was charged RM2,800.00 for also a simple engine over-heating problem! And Alvin's bill is RM3,939 !!!
After everything was settled, he left Seremban heading back to KL...
Half way through, he had to stop at the emergency lane again because the engine was HOT again!!! Slowly he moved, stopped to cool it down, drove another few km... and so on until he reached KL. Here, the mechanic did a complete check to find out that the engine was completely doomed because "someone" purposely did something to the engine to kill it after sometime... OMG. That is so evil!!!
After digging through some blogs, it seems this workshop is actually very famous! There were many many cases with this GS Automobil Enterprise!!! What??? Is there any police in that area? Are they blind? Deaf? or dead? .... or they are some sort of "partners"??? You be the judges.
FYI, GS Automobil Enterprise is located at:
No. 4, Jalan Helang 1
Taman Industri Ringgan Mambau
H/P : 012-264 1993 / 010-244 1701 / 016-9960 396
Alvin made a police report and he went to the Hal Ehwal Pengguna Malaysia to further complain and hopefully they will take action towards these bunch of devils.
Whatever the outcome may be, the moral of this event is DON'T TRUST ANYBODY EXCEPT THE HIGHWAY AUTHORIZED TOW TRUCK DRIVER TO TOW YOUR VEHICLE IF THIS HAPPENS TO YOU ON THE HIGHWAY!!!
PLEASE SHARE THIS TO ALL THAT YOU KNOW.