Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Digital TV Station Malaysia, How do I tune to digital TV station?

views

Electrobiz
post Aug 5 2018, 06:56 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Actually, it would be better if:-

TV3 : Mass Malay channel with occasional English, Chinese movies/shows.
NTV7 : Mass English channel with cartoons in the morning.
8TV : Mass Chinese (TVB/HK/Taiwan/China/Macau/Malaysian Chinese/Singaporean Chinese content) channel with Korean & Japanese content and some English content.
TV9 : Mass Indian channel (Tamil/Hindi/Telegu/Malayalam/Sikh content).
Drama Sangat : Mass Malay channel with airing of 2 different Chinese shows everyday at 6AM-8AM, 12PM-2PM, 7PM-9PM, 12AM-2AM and some occasional US/Canadian/UK/Austrailian/New Zealand/Singaporean (English) dramas.

Also it is recommended they launch 3 new channels:

- A 100% English channel (Also airing non-English European shows either dubbed or subtitles in English).
- A 100% Malay (Malaysia/Indonesia/Brunei/Singaporean Malay content) channel.
- A Chinese (TVB/HK/Taiwan/China/Macau/Malaysian Chinese/Singaporean Chinese content) channel with Korean and Japanese content.

FOR RTM,

RTM Sports/HD - Good they are showing lots of interesting sports events now.

This post has been edited by Electrobiz: Aug 5 2018, 07:10 AM
Electrobiz
post Aug 5 2018, 07:41 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

CJ Wow Shop : Airs infommercials in both Malay and Chinese.

Also the new recommended English channel, can also air South American/Latin American content besides Canadian/American/Austrailian/New Zealand/UK/European content.

Also more new radio channels by both RTM and Media Prima should come on air. Maybe RTM can get their state specific (only broadcast within the state) radio channels on MYTV Freeview platform too.

This post has been edited by Electrobiz: Aug 5 2018, 07:43 AM
Electrobiz
post Aug 5 2018, 07:48 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Also RTM/Media Prima should consider launching Teletext similiar to the Red Button/BBC Digital Text service in UK which is somewhat of MHEG Digital Text compliant.

Even something similiar to HyppTVs Interactive channel would be good, but provide more information.

I read somewhere RTM has plans to launch Supertext on MYTV platform, but dont know when.

Something Interactive would be good.
Electrobiz
post Aug 6 2018, 03:15 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Teletext nowdays is not like the 4 colour CGA monitor mode of bygone era on a black screen.

Have you seen the BBC Red button system in UK, its like Hypp TV Teletext or Interactive mode/channel.

I call this 2nd generation teletext.

Its like on line services such as Usenet, Arpanet, AOL (America Online) reborn and evolve and became part of the Internet or WWW later.

I still do read and view Teletext because a TV WITHOUT Teletext/OTT services is like the TVs of the 1950s and 1960s.

How come in Malaysia these services are not coming through your TV aerial instead through the LAN port at the back of your decoder/TV?

OK, I have the official MYTV Advance decoder which I believe is hbbtv compliant. Never tried it with a LAN cable, Iĺl try it today morning.

This post has been edited by Electrobiz: Aug 6 2018, 03:23 AM
Electrobiz
post Aug 18 2018, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Thats why lor, they should show more English and Chinese content.

Marvelś Runaways they took it off, Power Rangers they took off the English version and put Japanese Malay dubbed version. English cartoons they all dubbed into Malay (how you expect the kids to know English and master the international language or medium of instruction and technical language, English is good for their future, if everything dubbed into Malay, TERRIBLElah). TV3ś Mega Movie slot replaced by some other crap. NTV7 become revamped to crap in March.

Hayo, terriblelah Malaysian Digital Terrestrial TV.
Electrobiz
post Aug 25 2018, 07:43 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Agree with you more. The content is becoming more like rubbish these days. Compared to 10 or 20 years ago, TV content was good, in fact, extremely amazing.

Even in 2011, the content on NTV7 was still OK, they use to show shows like America's Got Talent and some interesting shows.

Even just before NTV7 got revamped in March this year, in 2017 they still showed some OK stuff.

But all that changed after March 2018 when content got crappier and replace by garbage shows.

Even countries like Thailand, Singapore and Myanmmar Digital Terrestrial TV or DVB- T2 broadcast can show better stuff.
Electrobiz
post Jan 24 2019, 04:01 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Yea, agree with U.

NTV7 is garbage nowdays and they have been garbage since March of 2018.

NTV7 news is also garbage, reporting crap sometimes here and there. Sometimes you wonder whether there are ¨bodohs¨ behind the news team. Sometimes they don´t even report intellectual stuff.

They were much better off in the 2000s or even in 2015/2016/2017.

2016 and 2017 was a good year for NTV7 because they were showing a lot of Chinese/Korean dramas, variety shows, movies and tv shows. In fact, their whole time slot was full of it.
Electrobiz
post Feb 14 2019, 08:02 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Thatś why FTA terrestrial TV in Bolehland/Malaysia is crap. Be it Astro or Digital Terrestrial.

TV2, just bring back the English movies at 9:30PM every Tuesday nights and the Chinese movies at 9:30PM every Thursday night.

TV9, bring back Kopitiam comedy sitcom every Saturday and Sunday nights.

RTM can leave all the Malay programmes on TV1 and sports live telecast on RTM Sports HD.

RTM BES also better show more English/Chinese/Indian programs too, otherwise the rakyat will be calling RTM racist.
Electrobiz
post Feb 14 2019, 08:04 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Even I and my family personally watch and follow the English movies on TV2.
Electrobiz
post Jun 7 2019, 06:50 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Hi, has the Teletext/Red Button/Interactive function for TV1 SD and TV2 SD been taken off?

Or is it only available for the RTM HD channels? Can't seem to access it on TV1 and TV2 SD. Earlier I could receive them on all RTM channels.

Using original official MYTV Myfreeview decoder with LAN cable plugged into the Internet btw.
Electrobiz
post Sep 7 2019, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

On another note, yeah I think so too that Astro should start airing Go Shop Mandarin and Go Shop Tamil on MYTV Myfreeview platform too.

This way they can gain more Chinese and Indians customers as many of them have DVB-T2 official or unofficial decoders and DVB-T2 capable televisions.

Definetely win-win situation for Astro.
Electrobiz
post Sep 8 2019, 05:18 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Yeah, got Go Shop Tamil package. I think its only there if you subscribe to the Indian package.

But Astro should make all these 3 versions of Go Shop (Malay, Chinese, Indian) free (FTA) on MYTV Myfreeview platform.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2134sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:58 AM