Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
377 Pages « < 244 245 246 247 248 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Digital TV Station Malaysia, How do I tune to digital TV station?

views

9M-MAS
post Sep 20 2018, 03:55 PM

Regular
1,386 posts

QUOTE(audi_aizat @ Sep 20 2018, 03:00 PM)
for the connector, when check using multimeter, it is shorted together from the tv. so it get shorted when connected to the tv but not from the antenna. any idea why?

the antenna head is directed towards ulu kali transmitter.
The principle is the two conductors (cable core and braided shield) should not be touching each other (shorting). Check that at the termination of both ends that they are not touching.
audi_aizat
post Sep 20 2018, 04:06 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(9M-MAS @ Sep 20 2018, 03:55 PM)
The principle is the two conductors (cable core and braided shield) should not be touching each other (shorting). Check that at the termination of both ends that they are not touching.
the cable core and braided shield is not touching together either on the cable connector or at the antenna board. However, the connector from the TV is shorted together when I tested with multimeter. Is it normal?
ardn
post Sep 20 2018, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(audi_aizat @ Sep 20 2018, 04:06 PM)
the cable core and braided shield is not touching together either on the cable connector or at the antenna board.  However, the connector from the TV is shorted together when I tested with multimeter. Is it normal?
normally,cable core and braided shield will join at the end of the antenna..by a matcing transformer(300ohm : 75 ohm balun)...
so...if u you use the multi meter to check the coax..u get "short circuit" reading
how high is your antenna installed?
did u installed your antenna same to the broadcast signal polarity?
did u installed a booster or amplifier ?
lousy splitter/combiner can dramatically decrease your signal power by 33-50%..

This post has been edited by ardn: Sep 20 2018, 05:25 PM
shaun_kok
post Sep 20 2018, 05:51 PM

Enthusiast
909 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Sep 18 2018, 12:48 PM)
Hi, just to check anyone from Muar can receive SG channel in Digital HD by using DVB T2 box with existing outdoor long antenna?
I am not sure if we bought DVB T2 and it can work just plug and play.

Please advise. Thank you.
Yes, the reception is possible as long you can receive CNA clearly in Analog TV. However, Cheap digital boxes like K2 are generally not recommended due to your area being a fringe area, which the reception is likely already poor and such boxes are known to have reliable issues. If you have enough budget, you may purchase a new TV set with DVB-T2 support or official MYTV box as generally these has better sensitivity. Try Channel 29, 30, 31 and 33 for digital reception in your local area. (You can't, however receive Channel U in HD quality as the frequency that transmitting it, Channel 35 is blocked by analogue NTV7 from Gunung Ledang. Digital Channel U reception in SD remains available on Channel 33.)

This post has been edited by shaun_kok: Sep 20 2018, 11:33 PM
birain
post Sep 20 2018, 07:07 PM

良い一日を
1,448 posts

QUOTE(ardn @ Sep 20 2018, 12:13 PM)
reason maybe...your antenna is old installation(CORRODED COAX CABLE)..or poor installation..pointing wrong direction/polarisation..rain get into the antenna connection box..
using astro cable. hmm.gif
ardn
post Sep 20 2018, 07:27 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(birain @ Sep 20 2018, 07:07 PM)
using astro cable. hmm.gif
1 more thing...
i think ...from time to time...mytv is still fine tunning its broadcast..so it could also be a temporary blackout..

i've tried using a 10yrs still looks ok rg6 coax cable(without amplifier)..the signal power is 20%+ lower than a new one

audi_aizat
post Sep 20 2018, 08:15 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(ardn @ Sep 20 2018, 05:02 PM)
normally,cable core and braided shield will join at the end of the antenna..by a matcing transformer(300ohm : 75 ohm balun)...
so...if u you use the multi meter to check the coax..u get "short circuit" reading
how high is your antenna installed?
did u installed your antenna same to the broadcast signal polarity?
did u installed a  booster or amplifier ?
lousy splitter/combiner can dramatically decrease your signal power by 33-50%..
i'm installing my antenna at the top of my roof. its an outdoor antenna.

i did not installed any booster or amplifier since i taught it is enough to use the quality antenna and built in tv decoder.

what do you mean by same broadcast signal polarity? hihi..
ardn
post Sep 20 2018, 08:31 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(audi_aizat @ Sep 20 2018, 08:15 PM)
i'm installing my antenna at the top of my roof. its an outdoor antenna.

i did not installed any booster or amplifier since i taught it is enough to use the quality antenna and built in tv decoder.

what do you mean by same broadcast signal polarity? hihi..
user posted image
the analogue broadcast in my place is vertical..the digital broadcast comes horizontal..
yup,u are below 20miles from the transmitter..normally ,u dont need a booster if you installed the antenna outdoor..
its wierd that u are not getting signal with a 14 elements ant.
mine only install 10feet high..i can recieve strong and stable without a booster 30+ miles away ..(but no thick forest,hill or high buliding in my place)

This post has been edited by ardn: Sep 20 2018, 08:33 PM
9M-MAS
post Sep 20 2018, 09:00 PM

Regular
1,386 posts

the cable core and braided shield is not touching together either on the cable connector or at the antenna board.  However, the connector from the TV is shorted together when I tested with multimeter. Is it normal?
Another thing you can check, and this is a long shot given the Thaisat 14E is new, is that within the dipole box, the screw-threaded terminal has not "detached" from the PCB of the box. I've seen this happen before - the tension of the cable screwed to the terminal can be strong enough to make the terminal soldering break off from the PCB.

9M-MAS
post Sep 20 2018, 09:07 PM

Regular
1,386 posts

Sorry - should have been clearer - check this with the cable detached from the TV and the antenna. If it shorts then it's very possible a stray braid or two is touching with the core, possibly within the F-plug termination on either end.

This post has been edited by 9M-MAS: Sep 20 2018, 09:12 PM
audi_aizat
post Sep 21 2018, 08:34 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(ardn @ Sep 20 2018, 08:31 PM)
user posted image
the analogue broadcast in my place is vertical..the digital broadcast comes horizontal..
yup,u are below 20miles from the transmitter..normally ,u dont need a booster if you installed the antenna outdoor..
its wierd that u are not getting signal with a 14 elements ant.
mine only install 10feet high..i can recieve strong and stable without a booster 30+ miles away ..(but no thick forest,hill or high buliding in my place)
i positioned the antenna horizontally which I received analog signal for Tv1, Tv2, Tv3, 8Tv, Ntv7, Al-hijrah, & Tv9..
Tv1 & al-hjrah - xclear sgt, ade mcm semut2 tu, boleh tengok la
Tv2 - teruk sikit dri Tv1
tv3 - Clear
8tv, ntv7 & tv9 - clear dri tv1 tpi xmcm tv3
These are for analog Tv

tpi for digital tv, lgsung xdak signal. i was hoping to get at least 50% - 70% signal for the tv to lock on the channel. tapi hampa..huhu..

the tv is brand new. hurrrmmm...

but i never tried the vertical orientation for the antenna.
audi_aizat
post Sep 21 2018, 08:38 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(9M-MAS @ Sep 20 2018, 09:00 PM)
Another thing you can check, and this is a long shot given the Thaisat 14E is new, is that within the dipole box, the screw-threaded terminal has not "detached" from the PCB of the box. I've seen this happen before - the tension of the cable screwed to the terminal can be strong enough to make the terminal soldering break off from the PCB.
already check the connection for the terminal soldering, all good. and i tried disconnect the cable from the tv and check for
"short circuit", all good also.

so the last thing that i suspect is the tv (although it is brand new and DVB-T2 built in) and my area, which kind of hilly and there's a tnb high voltage line.

can these be the problem?
Alexdino
post Sep 21 2018, 08:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,000 posts

QUOTE(shaun_kok @ Sep 20 2018, 05:51 PM)
Yes, the reception is possible as long you can receive CNA clearly in Analog TV. However, Cheap digital boxes like K2 are generally not recommended due to your area being a fringe area, which the reception is likely already poor and such boxes are known to have reliable issues. If you have enough budget, you may purchase a new TV set with DVB-T2 support or official MYTV box as generally these has better sensitivity. Try Channel 29, 30, 31 and 33 for digital reception in your local area. (You can't, however receive Channel U in HD quality as the frequency that transmitting it, Channel 35 is blocked by analogue NTV7 from Gunung Ledang. Digital Channel U reception in SD remains available on Channel 33.)
any recommendation of good and reliable dvbt2 box? since k2 has reliable issue
9M-MAS
post Sep 21 2018, 09:16 AM

Regular
1,386 posts

QUOTE(audi_aizat @ Sep 21 2018, 08:38 AM)
already check the connection for the terminal soldering, all good. and i tried disconnect the cable from the tv and check for

so the last thing that i suspect is the tv (although it is brand new and DVB-T2 built in) and my area, which kind of hilly and there's a tnb high voltage line.

possible - if your area is hilly, try raising the antenna a bit - have you tried using the TV's manual search function to see the signal level on CH45?
Winter@7
post Sep 21 2018, 09:51 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(shaun_kok @ Sep 20 2018, 05:51 PM)
Thank you for the response. My DVB T2 decoder arrives yesterday and I tried it out at my house is very clear. All the while using analog for SG channel is still not that bad quality, mean not much interrupt just not so clear. However last night i plug in the decoder and I am satisfied with the result. All channel from Malaysia and Singapore is available upon automatic scan during startup. Also, there is 4 Radio channel as well.

Another case is i also try it out the same decoder in my parent's house but the channel 8 seems like keep stuck and no signal. The rest of SG channel work well, just channel 8. I am wondering what is the problem. Anyone facing the same as well?

The decoder i bought is not the cheapest 1. I bought those with button and display on decoder type. Will keep try it out for a few days to see whether there is interrupt or not.

ardn
post Sep 21 2018, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(audi_aizat @ Sep 21 2018, 08:38 AM)

how long is your coax cable?
there are 2 other transmitter in kl..quite close to your place..its possibile that u misalign the antenna(u should contact mytv or look around for newly installed uhf antenna in your area..vertical or horizontal)...it could be vertical..cos sometimes tv station use different polarity to prevent interference when their location is very close
Alexdino
post Sep 21 2018, 01:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,000 posts

QUOTE(Winter@7 @ Sep 21 2018, 09:51 AM)
Thank you for the response. My DVB T2 decoder arrives yesterday and I tried it out at my house is very clear. All the while using analog for SG channel is still not that bad quality, mean not much interrupt just not so clear. However last night i plug in the decoder and I am satisfied with the result. All channel from Malaysia and Singapore is available upon automatic scan during startup. Also, there is 4 Radio channel as well.

Another case is i also try it out the same decoder in my parent's house but the channel 8 seems like keep stuck and no signal. The rest of SG channel work well, just channel 8. I am wondering what is the problem. Anyone facing the same as well?

The decoder i bought is not the cheapest 1. I bought those with button and display on decoder type. Will keep try it out for a few days to see whether there is interrupt or not.
may i know what brand did you bought? same case here in kluang, all can get but channel 8.
Winter@7
post Sep 21 2018, 02:58 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(Alexdino @ Sep 21 2018, 01:27 PM)
may i know what brand did you bought? same case here in kluang, all can get but channel 8.
I don't see the brand on unit. As long as there is button for power, channel, volume, Most of the box i think is made in china. Channel 8 is very hard to get in certain area. Not sure why.
I saw a brand from Thailand seems not bad call Planetcomm. Probably will try it out too for my 2nd unit. Look good and not so China.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
audi_aizat
post Sep 21 2018, 03:02 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(9M-MAS @ Sep 21 2018, 09:16 AM)
possible - if your area is hilly, try raising the antenna a bit - have you tried using the TV's manual search function to see the signal level on CH45?
I'll next to raise my antenna a bit after this.

manual search also same. no signal.
audi_aizat
post Sep 21 2018, 03:11 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(ardn @ Sep 21 2018, 01:10 PM)
how long is your coax cable?
there are 2 other transmitter in kl..quite close to your place..its possibile that u misalign the antenna(u should contact mytv or look around for newly installed uhf antenna in your area..vertical or horizontal)...it could be vertical..cos sometimes tv station use  different polarity to prevent interference when their location is very close
i'm not sure la how long maybe around 10 to 20 meters i guess.

oooo....how to pin point to that transmitter ya? any idea how I can get the GPS coordination for the transmitter?? cause I tried pusing2 the antenna beberapa kali jugak la, but still have the same result.

I need to try scan with antenna position vertically and increase the height of the antenna a bit.

377 Pages « < 244 245 246 247 248 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:29 PM