Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Wiring guide : 3 color wire (green, blue,black), Which one neutral, live and earth

klaw
post Jul 19 2015, 01:50 PM
Group: Junior Member

Hi!
Need some advice smile.gif

I have 2 20A switches in my kitchen which are unused:
user posted image

When I first renovated years ago, I couldn't decide if I wanted to get a microwave and oven fitted into my kitchen cabinet, so I left those cabinet empty, and my contractor just terminated the wires for me.

Top:
user posted image

Bottom:
user posted image

Questions that I have:
1. What is the difference between the top configurations and the bottom configurations?

2. I want to buy a microwave with oven combo: Something like this specs: Panasonic Microwave Oven
These microwave ovens normally come with a normal 3-pin plug. Can I remove the plug and connect the microwave wires directly to the 20A switch wires via the terminal connectors?

Thank you in advance for replying!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
weikee
post Jul 19 2015, 03:24 PM
10k Club
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(klaw @ Jul 19 2015, 01:50 PM)
Hi!
Need some advice smile.gif

I have 2 20A switches in my kitchen which are unused:
user posted image

When I first renovated years ago, I couldn't decide if I wanted to get a microwave and oven fitted into my kitchen cabinet, so I left those cabinet empty, and my contractor just terminated the wires for me.

Top:
user posted image
Bottom:
user posted image
Questions that I have:
1. What is the difference between the top configurations and the bottom configurations?

2. I want to buy a microwave with oven combo: Something like this specs: Panasonic Microwave Oven
These microwave ovens normally come with a normal 3-pin plug. Can I remove the plug and connect the microwave wires directly to the 20A switch wires via the terminal connectors?

Thank you in advance for replying!
both the same, the one you see 2 green because the earth is loop to another location and you must have both the earth connected.

Not advisable, get a box, put in a socket, and use that sockect for your microware oven, the plug supply by microwave is for safety measurement, it have a 13amps fused.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
idoblu
post Jul 19 2015, 06:14 PM
stars for sale
Group: Senior Member

This post has been edited by idoblu: Apr 26 2016, 07:58 PM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
bernking
post Dec 3 2015, 02:14 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(weikee @ Jul 19 2015, 03:24 PM)
both the same, the one you see 2 green because the earth is loop to another location and you must have both the earth connected.

Not advisable, get a box, put in a socket, and use that sockect for your microware oven, the plug supply by microwave is for safety measurement, it have a 13amps fused.
hey guys if i want to conceal a wiring casing inside my wall so that i can use it to hide my power cords between my plug point and my appliances. any casing to recommend?
+Quote Post
scorpiok
post Dec 12 2015, 01:38 PM
Getting Started

Hi guys, need some advice here.

I just bought a new switch for my water heater. There are 2L2N and 1 symbol like wifi which I think it should be G (5 holes in total).

When I open the old switch, I realise that there are 2 black, 1 blue, 1 red and 2 green wires.

Should I just connect the 2 green wires to G?

+Quote Post
BaronVonchesto
post Apr 26 2016, 06:01 PM

QUOTE(scorpiok @ Dec 12 2015, 01:38 PM)
Hi guys, need some advice here.

I just bought a new switch for my water heater. There are 2L2N and 1 symbol like wifi which I think it should be G (5 holes in total).

When I open the old switch, I realise that there are 2 black, 1 blue, 1 red and 2 green wires.

Should I just connect the 2 green wires to G?
If by "Wifi symbol" you mean this:

|
-----
---
-

Thats not "wifi" symbol thats the symbol for Earth-Ground thumbsup.gif

Sounds like you have a DPST switch which is common for high current things like water heater. 1N and 1L should be on one side, and on the other side is another N and L correct?

The Green wires are earth and looped (which is correct) so yes you connect it to the Ground point in the switch.

Blue and Red are the live wires. Im guessing the Blue wire is the thicker one built into the wall? Connect that to the "point 1" of the switch, then connect red to the "point 2" of the switch. - MAKE SURE YOU TURN OFF MAIN POWER FIRST!

Then connect the black wires to the Neutral, following the same order so that the supply line and line to the water heater are not crossed.

If in doubt consult an electrician.
+Quote Post

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0583sec    5.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 02:37 PM