Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Buying Car procedure?

views

voncrane
post Aug 6 2018, 01:29 PM

Noir et fier!
6,537 posts

QUOTE(vvip @ Aug 5 2018, 11:30 PM)
is it a must to collect the new car on the same day salesman call?
No!
voncrane
post Sep 4 2018, 07:03 AM

Noir et fier!
6,537 posts

QUOTE(ic3kacang @ Sep 3 2018, 04:17 PM)
is there by any chance that the SA will just sell me a showroom car without me knowing?
Yes.. Chance is very high if one dealt with an unethical salesman. I would know, been there. Don't always trust what they say. There are those who would blatantly lie or misrepresent a vehicle despite you strictly telling you do not want a display vehicle. All to close the sale. Worse than unscrupulous roadside used car salesmen.
voncrane
post Nov 20 2018, 10:59 PM

Noir et fier!
6,537 posts

QUOTE(JakkReaper @ Nov 20 2018, 10:39 PM)
How to ensure one don't get display car then?

Also, can I apply for loan without 3 mths payslip?
If you are one easily pleased and won't bother about such.. Then it's better not to bother and not know.. Just continue living in lala land. Else, check everything.. VIN, Tags, look for scratches or wear and tear that shouldn't be there on a new vehicle.. Ask for delivery or factory release docs, etc.. Up to you to know how much fuss you want to put up.. of course, be polite about it, don't be that a$$hole and watch out for signs of deception. Once the SA says he/she doesn't know this or that about the car's origins (things they should know), one too many times? I'd bounce. You can't walk into a showroom and walk out without paying for a car and getting documents.. Similarly, they must have paper trail of the car in question. These are things I know now to do, that I didn't do earlier cuz I trusted too much.. Next time, it's my cash, my rules..

Yes, there are other ways.. but based on your financial profile and the bank. You are not limited to only applying to one bank or through the SA for a loan. You can shop around yourself and try to score a better rate. Going with the SA's suggestions or they run for you, is just to make it more convenient for you..is all.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Nov 20 2018, 11:02 PM
voncrane
post May 18 2019, 11:14 PM

Noir et fier!
6,537 posts

QUOTE(crusher @ May 18 2019, 02:16 PM)
Hi guys,

Done got my loan application approve.

Just receive the SMS notification from Proton saying the booking request got on the same day.

Banker and car seller asked me sign the loan agreemrnt first before the car arrive.

Is it safe to do so? I scare if sign already car dont know when only arrive..
While it's fairly "harmless".. I would not sign any such agreement without actually setting eyes on or at minimum a car waiting (at the branch/dealer) to be registered in your name. Just to be safe. Of course, this tactic depends on how sought after the car in question. Cuz, some sales agents will take those who've gotten loan approval more seriously than those that just placed a booking and refused to commit further.

QUOTE(Archemedia @ May 18 2019, 08:47 PM)
Why scared? the car belongs to the bank now... the bank should worry more
AFAIK, he should be scared.. He could be signing that he must begin loan repayments even without getting the car first. In most cases, yes the car belongs to the bank, but the loan belongs to you. The car is only a collateral in-case you aren't able to continue servicing the loan. This only works if the car is worth more than the loan balance, should any issues occur. Else, must topup the difference to the bank.
voncrane
post May 20 2019, 08:00 AM

Noir et fier!
6,537 posts

QUOTE(crusher @ May 19 2019, 10:36 PM)
Just being careful and understand better how it works.
Since I have received SMS from Proton itself, i think can verify with proton directly right
Yes, you can verify from the branch you booked. A car is just a car.. Don't rush it, there's going to be stock today or next year biggrin.gif.. As with any items purchase, when one rushes into things, you tend to overlook stuff and open yourself to being cheated by a dishonest salesman. As long as you have a good financial record, banks will be willing to loan you money anytime. So take your time, double check all is good with the car before they plan to register it in your name. Then only agree. Most loan officers can come to your workplace to get your signature. They want your money after all..

This post has been edited by voncrane: May 20 2019, 08:01 AM
voncrane
post Aug 31 2019, 12:48 PM

Noir et fier!
6,537 posts

QUOTE(kogilah93 @ Aug 31 2019, 12:08 PM)
hi , i have signed public bank car loan agreement on 2 july 2019. And i still not pay deposit because i have told to the car finance im in a hard situation and i need time to settle down and will come and pay the deposit , so he said alright no problem . My question is when will  the car loan expire if i didnt pay the deposit ?
AFAIK, that loan offer would last for about 3 months. And as you've experienced.. You can back out of it. Return when you are ready again. Can reapply again with the same or different bank if the current offer has expired.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0350sec    2.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd January 2020 - 11:18 PM