Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Buying Car procedure?

views

voncrane
post Aug 31 2019, 12:48 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(kogilah93 @ Aug 31 2019, 12:08 PM)
hi , i have signed public bank car loan agreement on 2 july 2019. And i still not pay deposit because i have told to the car finance im in a hard situation and i need time to settle down and will come and pay the deposit , so he said alright no problem . My question is when will  the car loan expire if i didnt pay the deposit ?
AFAIK, that loan offer would last for about 3 months. And as you've experienced.. You can back out of it. Return when you are ready again. Can reapply again with the same or different bank if the current offer has expired.
trapezohedron13
post Aug 31 2019, 11:32 PM

Enthusiast
700 posts

QUOTE(toneking @ Jan 12 2019, 12:11 AM)
Is there another 'agreement' (not booking one) to sign with SA stating that you now confirmed that you are buying a car of which model/color with how much down payment & loan amount before the SA apply car loan with bank(s)?
Because that is what I heard from my parents who bought 4 cars before this
But the latest car they bought was 7 years ago
Wondering if this procedure has changed? As the SA never do this for me
You can request for a sales order with all the details such as price, insurance, reg fees etc before SA apply the loan. It would be the same details that the SA use to apply from banks
choas48
post Jun 25 2020, 09:44 AM

45 posts

Hi, my SA say that my car is bonded at port klang(yet to pass custom). May i know how long will it take for the car to pass through custom?
Holidae P
post Jul 12 2020, 01:49 AM

Probation
7 posts

I already sign bank loan. So when should i pay the depo? Before or after receive car. The car got no stock. Have to wait. Help me please.. because before this, the sales advisor ask me to thumbprint with usedcar BEFORE my loan is approved-saying that already approved only pending boss sign. And i fall for that. After a while, used car come kacau me to get my car. So i cannot trust this SA anymore. Need ur advice pls.. depo before or after receive car?
Holidae P
post Jul 12 2020, 01:53 AM

Probation
7 posts

QUOTE(Ginny88 @ Nov 23 2017, 04:45 PM)
Sign loan agreement no need to pay down payment. You only pay the down payment to the dealer when your car is ready to collect. After collecting your down payment the dealer will proceed to register the car with JPJ in your name.
What if my car got no stock and i have to wait? So when to pay the deposit?
yibaandre
post Jul 12 2020, 04:58 AM

Casual
496 posts

parking smile.gif
melkishi81
post Jul 12 2020, 09:15 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(Holidae @ Jul 12 2020, 01:49 AM)
I already sign bank loan. So when should i pay the depo? Before or after receive car. The car got no stock. Have to wait. Help me please.. because before this, the sales advisor ask me to thumbprint with usedcar BEFORE my loan is approved-saying that already approved only pending boss sign. And i fall for that. After a while, used car come kacau me to get my car. So i cannot trust this SA anymore. Need ur advice pls.. depo before or after receive car?
I paid my deposit before receiving my car, however my car is in stock. I put my thumbprint to sell my car to secondhand car dealer right after I signed my HP loan agreement, but before it was even approved. However, it was approved a few days later. My car was sold before the loan is approved.

Perhaps you can go to the sales centre where you're purchasing the car and meet up with the manager. Help you to clear up your situation. Good luck! thumbsup.gif
melkishi81
post Jul 12 2020, 09:45 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(choas48 @ Jun 25 2020, 09:44 AM)
Hi, my SA say that my car is bonded at port klang(yet to pass custom). May i know how long will it take for the car to pass through custom?
Depends on how fast the forwarding agent declared your car in the customs declaration form. Once submitted, perhaps 3 days will clear. Bear in mind that the import declaration volume is the highest in Port Klang. You might want to get in touch with your customs agent regarding this matter.
sj0217
post Jul 12 2020, 10:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

I paid down payment when there has a car located to me, therefore, dealer need it in order to proceed further.

I don't trust second car dealer all the time, last time I just went through myself to sell my used car, you can try Carsome.
No harassment, easy job just to follow their instruction and sell my used car smoothly.

How I trust this Carsome in the first place? Of course, you need to do some research and review from people comment.
voncrane
post Jul 12 2020, 10:23 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(Holidae @ Jul 12 2020, 01:53 AM)
What if my car got no stock and i have to wait? So when to pay the deposit?
TLDR: You must pay and or sign all before car can be registered in your name. No reg? no car to receive either.

Try to relax.. Loan OFFER signed is just loan offer signed. There's a time period which you can back out freely. I think it's around 3 months or could be longer. but last I checked, it's at least that much. Provided no disbursements or heck car registered in your name yet. You can back out of any such deals with no penalties. Branch A no stock? Branch C has? Just terminate and go deal with Branch C. Depending on the bank, you may or may not be required to resubmit supporting documentation. Me? I only paid booking fees, saw the car to be reg in person.. Confirmed it'll be mine.. Then only submit loan docs, la etc.. Once that approved, return to branch to make further payments and meet with used car dealer same time.. They checked the car, all okay.. we agree price, they agree to pay the dealer.. Balance I paid.. Bank loan officer also came and docs signed, etc.. Couple days later, car was reg and can zoom off d.. I told USed car fella, must wait till my car's ready.. then only I relinquish. He agreed.. So same day new car was ready? used car fella was there too. So I drove in with the old and drove out with the new.. No fuss, no hassle.. Oh yeah, people can request the same thing with home delivery. But then, you can't get to inspect the car in the showroom before you sign the delivered docs.

I'm sorry to hear that you got tricked into selling your current wheels before there's even stock for your new ride. Sucks, cuz legally...The used car fella owns your car d and can demand it. Your SA messed up. Should never have allowed the transaction to complete without having a physical car on site marked for you. I would switch SAs..
Holidae P
post Jul 12 2020, 10:32 AM

Probation
7 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jul 12 2020, 10:23 AM)
TLDR: You must pay and or sign all before car can be registered in your name. No reg? no car to receive either.

Try to relax.. Loan OFFER signed is just loan offer signed. There's a time period which you can back out freely. I think it's around 3 months or could be longer. but last I checked, it's at least that much. Provided no disbursements or heck car registered in your name yet. You can back out of any such deals with no penalties. Branch A no stock? Branch C has? Just terminate and go deal with Branch C. Depending on the bank, you may or may not be required to resubmit supporting documentation. Me? I only paid booking fees, saw the car to be reg in person.. Confirmed it'll be mine.. Then only submit loan docs, la etc.. Once that approved, return to branch to make further payments and meet with used car dealer same time.. They checked the car, all okay.. we agree price, they agree to pay the dealer.. Balance I paid.. Bank loan officer also came and docs signed, etc.. Couple days later, car was reg and can zoom off d.. I told USed car fella, must wait till my car's ready.. then only I relinquish. He agreed.. So same day new car was ready? used car fella was there too. So I drove in with the old and drove out with the new.. No fuss, no hassle.. Oh yeah, people can request the same thing with home delivery. But then, you can't get to inspect the car in the showroom before you sign the delivered docs.

I'm sorry to hear that you got tricked into selling your current wheels before there's even stock for your new ride. Sucks, cuz legally...The used car fella owns your car d and can demand it. Your SA messed up. Should never have allowed the transaction to complete without having a physical car on site marked for you. I would switch SAs..
SA is so confident that my loan will be approved after 2 3 days. Thats why ask me thumbprint with usedcar. I know nothing (ya i know dumb) and trust this lady. Unfortunately it took almost a month for me to sign with bank. Sigh. Usedcar cannot wait anymore

Toyota sri rampai motozoom.

voncrane
post Jul 13 2020, 10:13 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(Holidae @ Jul 12 2020, 10:32 AM)
SA is so confident that my loan will be approved after 2 3 days. Thats why ask me thumbprint with usedcar. I know nothing (ya i know dumb) and trust this lady. Unfortunately it took almost a month for me to sign with bank. Sigh. Usedcar cannot wait anymore

Toyota sri rampai motozoom.
Nah fam, you aren't entirely to blame. Typically, when we want to buy a new vehicle..There's that excitement of owning a new "toy". So we overlook a few things. Regardless if expert or not, the SA should have envisioned this. Loan confident to be approved slow or fast doesn't matter if there isn't any car on site ready to be registered to you. Definitely knowing such info, she should not have asked you to finalize the sale of your current ride with the used car dealer. At most, it's meet up, they check the car out.. You discuss and agree on a price and shake on it. Then when all's good and ready? You meet up again to thumbprint all. The SA has failed you the buyer and unless you can come to some agreement with the new owner about delayed delivery. IMO, nothing much can be done..Dealer has been patient for a month..That's long d. So try talk with the dealer about that, perhaps pay a small fee as rental?. Meanwhile, I strongly suggest you at least call up other branches in your state or state close by. You've already decided on the car model and variant, loan approved too. I'm sure another branch with a ready car will have a competent SA willing to get your car to your asap.

Lastly, we all learn. Now you know better and won't kena next time.. Can advice others in future too.
dogbert_chew
post Jul 13 2020, 11:12 AM

Regular
1,126 posts

Mod can help pin this ?
ru40342
post Sep 12 2020, 04:54 AM

Getting Started
271 posts

I have signed the loan agreement and sa told me the chassis number for my car is ready 2 days ago. How much longer usually that I need to wait before I can get my car?
woodentiger86
post Mar 22 2021, 10:03 AM

Budding DIY Detailer & Avid Gamer
2,414 posts

Parking for updates as well.
David3850
post Mar 23 2021, 08:38 AM

30 posts

Hi I want to ask, this is always confusing.

When we buy new car, is it a MUST to have insurance first before we can keluar road tax?
Which one comes first? Car insurance buy first or car plate come out first?

Some insurance company like ProMilej offers attractive insurance based on car usage, but their pre-requisite is that the car must have car plate registration number first.
voncrane
post Mar 23 2021, 03:32 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(David3850 @ Mar 23 2021, 08:38 AM)
Hi I want to ask, this is always confusing.

When we buy new car, is it a MUST to have insurance first before we can keluar road tax?
Which one comes first? Car insurance buy first or car plate come out first?

Some insurance company like ProMilej offers attractive insurance based on car usage, but their pre-requisite is that the car must have car plate registration number first.
Insurance is a must to renew or purchase new Road Tax. Car plate number can come out later, but typically before the car is registered with JPJ. Since it’s a car, I would recommend that you just let the SA handle it all at least for that first year. Unless you know exactly how the whole system works AND want additional headache running here and there. sweat.gif
ahwang12321
post Aug 31 2021, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
230 posts

QUOTE(kenji1903 @ Jun 6 2011, 01:25 PM)
for my case...
1. find an SA
2. go to showroom, meet up, ask for discounts and promo
3. everything ok, pay partial/full downpayment (i paid partial)
4. give 3 months payslip and photocopy IC (ask SA to strike)
5. bank will contact you and do verification, a lot of questions...
6. few days later, bank will call saying loan approved/not
7. SA will call to notify you on your allocation and tentative delivery date
8. choose a number plate
9. SA will give you your loan docs to sign, pay remaining downpayment if not, give 2nd driver for insurance if needed
10. wait for car...
hi , im first time car buyer

i done step 1 - 6
except i didnt pay downpayment yet..only booking fee
i didnt get the step 7-8 but i have sign document on step 9 but not sure if it the same docs u mention as it is not from sa, but from bank

im not sure about the loan process
i have done the bank iv around march but bcause of the mco and delay as car have no stock
now the bank ask me to resubmit as it already past 3 months and sign agreement
i have done resubmit all the docs (ic, payslip etc) and i have sign some document which i think it the agreement form (around 10 pages) few weeks ago but still no news of the car
does this mean the loan are still in process or already approved?..as the rate % already given to me in march and still use same rate and the bank does not give me any kind of letter, lou or anything after sign agreement
my sa keep saying car got but waiting for allocation

usually how long is the wait after sign the docs?
justakids P
post Jul 12 2022, 12:26 PM

Probation
5 posts

Hi , I wanted to ask that would it be possible for the SA to increase the price of the car even we have signed the details of the booking form on the amount of the car purchase and etc ?

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:07 AM