Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Indoor water filter, Which is the best?

views

stevie8
post Apr 7 2012, 12:56 AM

Regular
1,365 posts

Filter water has bacteria living in the filter with the absent of bacteria killing chlorine. Why do you think our tap water is added with chlorine? But then chlorine is no good especially when you boil it. Cancer causing agent.

To overcome bacteria in the filter in US they install UV.

You think perak water is clean. Just month ago 2 babies die drinking direct from tap.

There is one filter system that come with activated carbon that remove chlorine, an RO to make sure you have no dirt at all and a UV that only swtiches on as you dispend water. Yes, it also a water dispenser with hot and cold water.
stevie8
post Apr 8 2012, 10:44 PM

Regular
1,365 posts

QUOTE(chanti-sama @ Apr 8 2012, 08:18 AM)
Wats the name of that filter?
Hendrex. It is also a water generator. It generate its own water. I got the option not to pipe water in to the filter/hot and cold dispenser/water generator it is. The same technology use in space station MIR and International space station and in submerine, aircraft carrier, desert operation. There is no other water filter that can be better than this. I have no problem when there is no tap water supply, I get hot and cold drinking water all the time, use no fridge or kettle. And I got cleanest water no viruses or bacteria. There is only one problem. No power no water, the UV cannot work.
stevie8
post Apr 10 2012, 10:39 PM

Regular
1,365 posts

QUOTE(chanti-sama @ Apr 9 2012, 01:17 AM)
this one is the atmospheric water gen? sounds complex... wouldnt that have high energy consumption?
You are right. Atmospheric water generator it is. I forgot the name hahaha sily me.

Not really. you got the option to pipe in station in your kitchen and when you need it to be mobile like having party you can push it to your porch, garden. Or if you are a tea drinker you can roll it to your living room. Hot and cold water ready. I bought one becasue I like to drink chinese tea. If you know what chinese tea drinking is all about you will apprecaite this machine. The small tea pot is what we use and it has its purpose if you know what i mean if you are a person who enjoy chinese tea drinking.

Added on April 10, 2012, 10:45 pm
QUOTE(MugenK20A @ Apr 10 2012, 12:44 PM)
I've been using Amway Water Treatment System for yrs wit no problem. The only downside is the water filter replacement & UV light which is kinda pricey.
The UV tech by Amway is primitive. You must change the bulb every year. My water filter with better technology and design for the same UV it takes many years to change if it is compared to other designs.

All water filter need replacement. Depending on the source of water. My water filter generate its own water, the source is much much clearner and therefore the fitler last many times over.

This post has been edited by stevie8: Apr 10 2012, 10:45 PM
stevie8
post Apr 11 2012, 12:40 AM

Regular
1,365 posts

QUOTE(cwhong @ Apr 10 2012, 11:39 PM)
what brand is ur water filter?
The product name is Hendrex. It is a water generator. A good filter must make sure it is safe to drink and to be approved by FDA (Food and Drug Administration, USA).

There are many things to consider buying a potable or drinking filter system and ensure it is in tip top condition all the time and cost of maintenace like filter replacement. No use pay initial investment and leave it to rot. It is worse if you cannot maintain the filter. and un-maintain filter water is worse than drinking unfiltered tap water.

First is the source of water. The dirtier the water the higher the cost of purification. You got to change the filters often and it clogged too.

2nd, is to remove as much impurities as possible and fresh water with little contamination. Rain water is the best natural water for drinking as it is fresh and purer cleaning our bodies. If our tap water is from upper stream the better. Lower stream mostly highly contaminated. Rain water is life water. Ever heard of dead water? Water that are stagnant/still water or non running water in a pool, like mining pond water. Dont collect water from these areas. Running water that flow all the time as it refresh and constantly being replaced by newer water. The purer the water the better.

3rd, to ensure there is no bacteria and virus and any other micro organism present. The only way for home filter is UV. You see why Amway uses UV. All others with no UV they cannot assure you of virus/bac free. The container or the filter itself live the virus and bacteria. Our tap water has chlorine if you thing cholrine is bad then think about drinking bacteria! The activated carbon remove chlorine from one filter to another those multistage filters. And if you think it is good then care to take sample of the water and look at it with microscope, you dont believe what you see. Because the carbon filter remove the bacteria killing agent (chlorine) and they live in the filter! You need UV. Of course not all bacteria cause us problem. Even when they do our body fight them without us knowing and we usually win but at a price, a weaken body.

This Hendrex has Activated carbon filter, RO, UV. The source of water is from the air moisture, the air that we breath, that form rain. The water generated is very pure and fresh, should there be any chemical present it will be absorbed by the activated carbon and yet it go thru RO to make sure no dirt present up to 0.0001 micron. It then go thru another activated carbon to sweethen the water so that it take like natural stream water. and finally before you drink it as you dispend the water the UV kills any micro organism that present in the filter/tank and to your glass. The UV only turn on as the water flow thru it to your glass. That is why the UV can last and be as good as it is after 10 year unlike most other that on most if not all the time (what a waste of its effectiveness). Maintenance of filter is low becasue the source of water is very pure. And to make it perfect the filter/dispenser is mobile with wheels and you can have icy cool water or 88 to 94 degree C hot water.

BTW, the filters are all made in USA and FDA approved filters every one of them including the UV by phillips.
stevie8
post Apr 14 2012, 10:54 PM

Regular
1,365 posts

How it work? Any special filter media in it? Care to explain?
stevie8
post Mar 11 2013, 09:27 AM

Regular
1,365 posts

QUOTE(phoenix69 @ Apr 11 2012, 10:58 AM)
It must the the Bugatti Veyron of water filter liao  blink.gif
So far the priciest water filter I've encountered is RM30K
How much is this ??
RM5k

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0278sec    0.07    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:45 AM